I pretty much moisturize with conditioner and comb my hair in the shower, apply leave-in, dry with a tshirt, and put it up in a bun. I really wanted to get my natural curls back, but I wasn't sure how without doing the big chop so I opted to just let it grow out. This leave-in conditioner will have an instant love affair with your curls. If you find yourself thinking, "ugh, another ponytail",... Short Hairstyles for Fine Hair $8.99 SHOP NOW. It’s retaining the length that’s hard. Oils work to seal the hydration into the hair shaft. Arguably the most important thing about growing thick, healthy and strong 3C hair is moisture. My hair is so unmanageable, dry, and wild. 3c Natural Hair Regimen Every 3c natural head of hair is different because hair texture can vary from fine or medium to coarse, and porosity can make a difference too. As with any other leave-in, the more product you add up, the less volume you’ll be able to create, so test it out to find your sweet spot. Aug 17, 2020 - Explore Lena Scott's board "Natural 3c/4a Hair", followed by 273 people on Pinterest. What we perceive as growth is actually length retention, that is, doing the less possible damage and maximal effort to preserve hair ends to avoid breakage, split ends and shedding. If you moisturize your 3C hair once a week and you haven’t been seeing any results, then you really shouldn’t be surprised. What we perceive as growth is actually length retention, that is, doing the less possible damage and maximal effort to preserve hair ends to avoid … If you've got fine hair, each individual strand is relatively small in diameter. The disulfide bonds present between hair proteins in the hair shaft determines the extend of waves or curls in the […] 3C was created and added to the hair type chart when it was clear that there was a missing type between 3B and 4A. How do you know for sure if you have 3c hair? Hair is made of protein, and one of the best ways to make sure you have healthy hair is to eat lean protein like chicken breast, salmon, eggs, and legumes. Moisturization is the key to growing long, luscious 3c locks. Wearing your hair up can feel tired. These days, I keep my Wash Day simple and straight to the point. If you have a combination of natural hair types, you might try parting your hair and adjust the amount of product you use for each section. For healthy natural hair follicles, opt for foods that are rich in omega 3-fatty acid and protein such as salmon and avocado. Welcome to 3c natural hair care 101! nicholex0 Registered Users Posts: 6. Massage: An Indian tradition for many years, oil massage is a traditional hair care routine that increases blood flow to your scalp and exfoliates your follicles from debris and buildup with generous amounts of oil. With environmental stressors, chemical treatments, and daily styling playing a role in hair damage, it’s no wonder many of us are left with lackluster hair. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. With great curls comes great responsibility. I don't have a hair regimen and I have no idea what will work best for my hair as I just recently found out that my hair type is 3c. There is such a fine line between having limp hair with no personality and striking the right balance with your hair that gives you that big curly, volume based fro. This method works for most naturals, regardless of the curl pattern type. A great choice for women that work-out or have high physical activity jobs and need to wash more than every 5 days. Here are our shampoo recommendations for 3c natural hair. Do more protein: You can include a protein deep conditioner to your hair care routine once or twice a month. Read more about the LOC method below. It rinses easily while leaving hair moisturized and bouncy. Maybe you have 3c up front and on the sides, and 4a in the back. If they wrap around well, you have 3c hair. The best liquid on the planet is water. To get the most of this curl pattern, products that enhance curl definition and minimize frizz, along with hairstyles that allow you to show off your popping texture, are key.. Make sure you tally your protein consumption to get the optimal amount. Whether you are looking for a fresh new hairstyle or the latest products for your hair, you will find it all and more at HairtSyleHub. The way you care for your hair at night is the key to retaining hair growth and having healthy tresses. I also read that conditioner needs alcohol. This would be the best place to start. Heat damage is not easy to come back from so look for styling options that let you use as little heat as possible. " This product worked surprisingly well in my hair. According to NaturallyCurly, “Type 3c curls resemble tight corkscrews and are approximately the circumference of a pencil or straw. The ultimate hairstyles resource to help you find your true personal style. Your email address will not be published. When you do use a heated styling tool, you should use a protectant like, Stretching your hair using no-heat methods will give you length without hurting your hair. A 150-pound woman needs about 55 grams of protein daily. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a2cf896b45b22f1b1482ac220e290342" );document.getElementById("e051513768").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Naturalhairqueen.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This simple hair style works well with both short and long 3c natural hair. Best Natural Hair Growth Product. 3c Natural hair is mostly benefited from lighter weight styling products, top quality oils and little manipulation. If you are loosing definition then you want a product that will help set and curl your hair. 8 Crucial Mistakes that Stop Your Natural Hair from Growing. I had a bouncing baby boy last year June and have atleast 50 unwanted pounds to shed.. The gentlest selection of this top is the acclaimed coconut Cowash by As I Am. Devri is the NaturallyCurly Social Media Producer and has a mix of 3c / 4b curls. Factoring in tips and tricks to deal with your hair’s porosity (or ability to absorb moisture) you can get your hair in full glory in as little as six weeks. Breaking up with sulfates and silicones for good. 3C hair is easier to manage. How to grow 3C/4A frizzy hair? You can do the LOC method on wash day before styling, and you can do it once or twice during the week too. We promise not to spam you. var sc_invisible=1; var sc_security="6331d74f"; Hey Curl Friend, I’m Patrina Haupt the creator and author of Natural Hair Queen. Moisturizing daily is a godsend for curly hair, and your mane will thank you for it. If you have 3c hair, you’ll want to take advantage of the wash and go. Growing up with curly hair is annoying at best and an absolute nightmare at worst, depending on how curly your hair actually is. See more ideas about Natural hair styles, Curly hair styles, Hair. On top of this, there’s a couple of routines that can create an improved environment for your scalp: increased blood flow, proper oil balance, and moisture will play an important part in encouraging hair growth. When it comes to hairstyles for little girls, there are so many cute options that are full of personality, and the results... 25 Updo Hairstyles For Black Women | Black Hair Updos Inspiration Some oils, like jojoba and avocado, penetrate well through the cuticle and protect the hair strand from damage. Reducing heat use for styling to the bare minimum: Heat straightening and styling can put your curl pattern in serious risk. Less to no heat, using natural oils as sealants and reducing manipulation sit on top. This shampoo has the perfect consistency that lets you know your hair is taken care of. Sociologist and creative. They’ll make your hair shiny and add nutrients your hair loves. Cute Little Girls Hairstyles I’ve heard that products like conditioner that contain alcohol are bad for your hair,is that true? Root Lifting Serum. The scent is not overpowering and has a minty touch to it. I have very frizzy curly biracial (black/white) hair. It’s important to read and understand the ingredient labels regardless of your hair type being 3c or 4c. Click Here. Heyyyyy! Protein will improve your hair structure, including your ends, which is great for length retention. Most 3c women find it sufficient to wash their hair with a moisturizing shampoo once per week. I've never cut or flat-ironed my hair before. MY CURLS JUST GET LOOSE END FRIZZY.ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO. Conditioning: This is the core of the hair care regimen. L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Sulfate-Free Keratin Caring Shampoo. You can even find a cute 3c natural hair weave these days. If you have type 3c natural hair, you’ve probably been wondering how to make it thrive. An oil massage can be a great pre-poo step and can be done with the traditional Amla oil or Jamaican Black Castor Oil to take advantage of its hair strengthening properties. After letting your conditioner work, go ahead to section and detangle your hair with your fingers or a wide tooth comb. 3c curls resemble the size and shape of corkscrews. Most 3c women find it sufficient to wash their hair with a moisturizing shampoo once per week. She started a blog called Strawberricurls.com for natural hair care and tips and she now shares all that she has learned about caring for hair via her YouTube channel and her natural hair blog. Every 3c natural head of hair is different because hair texture can vary from fine or medium to coarse, and porosity can make a difference too. Here’s a carefully thought top 3 to pamper your hair to the best emollients in the market without breaking the bank: Giovanni’s products have an extensive list of natural ingredients, this moisturizer is one of our favorites for its lightweight feel that provides great slip for detangling. The pineapple will allow you to go for 2-3 days longer with the same style. Hey, Curl Friend I'm Patrina! Pay attention to your body if you want great hair. Lightweight and moisturizing will give an instant boost to your curl definition. This might be helpful if you are transitioning or recently did the big chop, and you want the length that matches your curl pattern while you wait for your hair to grow. 3 years after starting her blog, she made the decision to go to cosmetology school to pursue her passion of educating women about their hair. Design Essentials Curlforming Custard "I'm still new to the whole "natural" life and I … tgin Moisture Rich Sulfate Free Shampoo For Natural Hair - Dry Hair - Curly Hair - 13 Oz. So here's to healthy living and healthy natural hair in 2011! Moisture is crucial for 3c hair, and it could mean the difference between having beautifully defined curls, or dry frizz. :) Also I am in the process of blogging my journey to longer hair and a smaller waist lol.. look out for me lol . 3C hair is a curly hair type consisting of tight coils with volume, with lots of strands packed together to create texture. I have tight coil natural hair and it’s dry how can I keep it from getting dry and stay curly. Hair cannot thrive if it isn’t hydrated, and this is even more so for curly hair. Try to fit a regular pencil inside one of your curls: how does it fit? WHEN I SPRAY IT, I LOOSE DEFINITION. Hair growth can’t actually be sped up, as actual hair production is more related to your hormonal balance. I love to share healthy hair care practices, as this is what helped me achieve waist-length hair. Try putting your hair in a pineapple before retiring for the night. Looking for the best moisturizers to keep your hair healthy? They’re safe to use, but cause a lot of dryness as they strip every bit of oil for your hair. Replace them with a satin fabric case or wear a fabric scarf over your head for sleeping. Keratin treatment for curly hair… is it worth it? A hair roller style like a. Every head of hair is different, so it’s a good idea to experiment with various products until you find one your hair likes. Protein is essential for 3c high porosity hair because it strengthens and improves the integrity of the strand. You can add conditioner to your bottle as a detangler. Type 3c curls are finer in … Many 3c naturals say heat damages their hair, so you should keep flat iron usage to a minimum. You may not see many small ringlets on the pillow when you wake up, but the hair strand will lose its structure when placed against friction, so you may see shedding and breakage on wash day. I'm a wife, mom of 2 boys, and a Public Health researcher from Southern California. Required fields are marked *. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo. Leaving your hair loose to rub against your cotton pillow will dry out your hair and contribute to breakage. There are several cute short 3c natural hair styles you can do to show off your curls. Look for a weave made with high-quality curly hair. So, what defines 3c type curls? You heard that moisture is a curly queen’s best friend, but keeping your hair hydrated while avoiding the greasy feeling is no easy task. Liquid. The LOC method will help hydrate your hair and lock moisture into the hair shaft. If you have high porosity hair, you should fill in the gaps by doing regular pro, tein treatments. Befriending silk/satin scarfs: Cotton pillowcases can do the most by tangling and drying your hair out. Please check your email for further instructions. Hair care and conditioning are fundamental for growing 3c natural hair. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will give your hair follicles the nutrients they need to create strong hair. If you follow a natural hair care routine for healthy hair, you’ll likely experience the beautiful curls you’ve always wanted within months. Using water is easy on wash day because you shower. Your hair can grow just as long as straight hair, if you can maintain the length by minimizing breakage. Taking care of your 3c natural hair will become easier once you get the hang of it. Oil. You can apply protein treatments like. A good half hour every week to let deep conditioners work its magic can do wonders for your curls. What about you? There are four basic steps to your hair care regime: Your cleansing approach should be super gentle on your hair, and, give than 3c natural hair tends to be thin do your shampoo or co-washing with as less friction as possible. On the upside, 3c hair types journey back to moisture and shine isn’t as steep as others in the curly world. Rich and instant acting, Camille Rose Algae Deep Conditioner is a great option for deep conditioning weekly. Revitalize your hair naturally with this 3-ingredient Hair Growth Oil you can use for healthy tresses. While general rules may apply to all types of curly hair, 3c natural hair care sits at an interesting and versatile edge of patterns and textures. Everything you need to know about how to grow your edges back, The Big Chop – One Option to Start Your Natural Hair Journey, Top 8 reasons your hair may not be growing, How to exactly determine your hair porosity, Steps you are missing in your hair routine. As curl pattern gets tighter, natural occurring oils or emollients from the scalp have a harder time reaching the ends. 4 Year Natural Hair Journey (3C/4A) - … The main goal of cleansing is taking care of your scalp, by removing with massage any dried product that might be blocking your hair follicles. You can place water in a spray bottle along with one or two of your favorite essential oils, like eucalyptus or peppermint oil. When you do use a heated styling tool, you should use a protectant like Chi Infra thermal serum beforehand. Cleansing: Use a sulfate free shampoo or a co-washing conditioner to wash away product. Some of it depends on how long your hair is actively growing before it stops and falls out. Don’t comb it or brush it out as the goal is to let your curls emerge with zero intervention. I used it for a coil out and it provided good hold without any flakes. Though the formula is 100 percent vegan, it has a triple shot of powerful botanicals that lift hair at the roots to give the appearance of mega volume, says trichologist David Adams. I used to believe this myself but the truth is 3C hair care is not easier than any other hair type! The result will be healthy hair. We’re here to help you take total advantage of this hair type and achieve long-lasting, moisturized and healthy curls. A great scent and superb selection of ingredients make it a top choice for those looking to restore hair damage from color, heat or chemical processing. See more ideas about natural hair styles, natural hair care, natural hair tips. Then you can wrap and tie it with a silk scarf or satin bonnet. Hair growth can’t actually be sped up, as actual hair production is more related to your hormonal balance. 2muchpuff 26,986 views. The most effective routine to take care of 3c natural hair is the one you’ll stick to. I’m the creator and author of Natural Hair Queen. Then it go ahead and do the pencil test. When your hair is mostly dried out, take a careful look. It’s the ultimate hydration, and it’s ideal for your hair and body. So I’m back with a highly requested video on my moisturizing/hair growth routine. This will be your easiest and maybe even your best-looking hairstyle once you master the art of curl definition. To start out your evaluation wash and air dry your hair without using any product: no leave-ins, oils or creams. It was a bit too lightweight for my Type 4 hair but works well for type 3 hair." Type 3c hair tends to be higher in density and coarser than type 2 or 3 hair, giving it more volume. For instance, you could use a heavier amount for your 4a hair, and less for your 3c hair. Want to receive my weekly hair care tips and free natural hair care guide? The Best Moisturizers For 3c Natural Hair, GIOVANNI- Eco Chic Smooth As Silk Conditioner, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, Manic Panic Colors Guide | Manic Panic Reviews, Keratin Treatment at Home | Best DIY Keratin Treatments, Best Keratin Hair Masks and Keratin Deep Conditioners. See more ideas about curly hair styles, natural hair styles, curly hair styles naturally. As a curly haired person myself, I know the struggle all too well and have dedicated my life to finding the best way to style and care for it (as opposed to dedicating my life to something that actually matters, like educating underprivileged kids or saving the bees. We've put together this handy little hair growth infographic to help you figure out what's normal as well as tips for helping your hair grow. You must adopt a moisture routine too. Try spritzing your hair with water every … This lather less option is, in fact, a conditioner with mild cleansing properties. Thicker Fuller Hair amazon.com. I have been transitioning from relaxed hair to my naturally curly hair for about 2 years now. As you'll quickly see, 3c curls can take many forms. Healthy hair care practices are definitely, what helped me to achieve waist length hair. Even if you don’t care about length, adopting a good moisturizing routine will combat dryness and split ends. Most people don’t have a single hair type going on, hair curl pattern may vary front to back or side to side. If you have high porosity hair, you should fill in the gaps by doing regular pro var sc_project=11758760; So i am very happy for this article to get me back on my way to natural hair growth. I HAVE 3C HAIR IN THE FRONT AND 4A,4B HAIR IN THE BACK. I shampoo weekly. Many 3c naturals say heat damages their hair, so you should keep flat iron usage to a minimum. Having two or three staple low manipulation hairstyles: Whenever you’re about to head into a busy week, month or season, or if your daily schedule won’t allow you to pay that much attention to your hair, devote some time to master two or three low manipulation hairstyles such as buns, goddess braids or Bantu knots. 3c hair is incredibly shrinkable. Hi Brenda, have you tried the LOC (liquid, oil and cream) method? These are her Editor’s Choice picks for this year’s Best of the Best. Thanks for subscribing! Dec 11, 2015 - Products and recipes . Straightening 3c natural hair should be a special occasion treat that you do once or twice per year only. Products that have alcohol are not the best to use since they take moisture away from the hair. Keeping your hair out of harm’s way from friction is fundamental care, so when the time comes to wear it out your tresses are ready to show their full glory. You might find you have a combination of curl patterns. Straightening 3c natural hair should be a special occasion treat that you do once or twice per year only. It will take a looong time to get that length while curly and it is entirely possible that some people will never get long hair. In this post, we’ll discuss some ways to care for your 3c hair to get the beautiful curls you’ve always wanted. Success? Another great detangler is. As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner. What are some ways that have worked for you when caring for your 3c hair? Use a moisturizing shampoo for natural 3c hair like. If you're wary of applying anything too harsh to your scalp, try this serum. I hope you find my blog articles helpful within your hair care journey. There are numerous ways to style 3c hair that are all extremely foolproof and fashionable. Your email address will not be published. You can reach me by email or through social media below. Adding a cream or butter is the final stage in the LOC process.