I visited her blog and got a feel for what she might like, and I sent her one of my cookbooks that was collecting dust (Alex Guarnaschelli’s Old School Comfort Food, that, to me at least, was neither old-school nor comfort food and definitely more adventurous than how I usually cook, haha.) Just another book junkie! She was once sent down the stairs in a laundry basket. Thanks for the baguette forming instructions, at last. I realise that if I am using the same dough, it will be the same result only in a different shape! . When using a baguette pan, do you preheat it in the oven or do the shaped baguettes rest in the pan, and then you put the whole thing in? Place a pizza stone on the center rack of your oven and place a small metal pan next to the pizza stone. No downsizing for me. Feel free to comment back. I’ll definitely be trying this recipe soon! Jeff. Trish, where do you live? Gently pull it down on the bottom to form a ball, coating the ball with the flour that you sprinkled on top before you cut it. Just keep a batch of this easy to make dough in the fridge for up to 14 days and have yummy homemade pizza or bread anytime you want! The book shows a boule (a round loaf) in the master recipe, but you can shape baguettes or rolls. Only the first 10 minutes of baking needs the steam. Baguettes have been on my … https://www.askchefdennis.com/homemade-artisan-bread-recipe 5. I love rosemary, combined with the smell of the bread baking it is irresistible! I’ll try my rosemary down there this winter. For what the dough should look like, see: • Gluten-cloaking/shaping with Rye Dough from ABin5, wet at 14 days: http://artisanbreadinfive.com/2010/03/08/new-video-shaping-the-ball-from-a-very-wet-dough Work with the dough–if it’s fighting you, let it rest for 5-10 minutes and then try again. You can increase the flour, or decrease the water. This is an awesome concept in how to make bread. I have the original book and LOVE it! The bread looks perfect! Etc. I just made my first baguettes the other day for homemade beef dip sandwiches and they didn’t look too good because they were still too sticky when I formed them and pulled against my hands. I have this book and it is fantastic! After 2 hours, stash the container of dough in the fridge. Bake for 25 minutes or until deeply golden brown. It needs to drain well but never dry out “a dry rosemary is a dead rosemary” a gardening friend told me. Fabulous photos! Cover with the lid, but don’t seal it completely, just leave it cracked. Works great and we have fresh rosemary year-round. Ruth: I’m so glad that WGN segment is reaching a lot of people; turns out it’s a SuperStation seen all over the country. Remove from oven and serve. Good thing your technique is so quick and easy! The real issue with it is that it must never be allowed to dry out. I’ve become an ‘Artisan bread in 5 a day’ missionary and have helped change others’ lives for good, also To me, a good bread ‘finishes’ a meal. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Gluten Free Baguette. Everyday Maven Do you happen to have one? You can also line the pizza peel with parchment paper  (instead of flouring it) if you prefer. , Gorgeous photos! Thanks for the info & the update. Lay the baguette on the edge of your cutting board, or whatever surface you intend to use to get the bread in the oven. This is where the dough rises. Stretch the dough very gently into a log. You just mix all the ingredients at once, let it all sit for two hours, then shape and bake the bread. I went to make bread this morning and my cookbook is GONE!!! https://thewhoot.com/whoot-news/recipes/5-minute-no-knead-artisan-bread Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread with Poppy & Hemp Seeds (No eggs, 50% Whole Grains) You’ll find this recipe on page 99 of Gluten-Free Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day (which you can buy here) and I added the two seeds for texture and appearance. I actually prefer the results of the ones baked in the pan. I gave this cookbook to my husband a couple years ago for Christmas (the gift that keeps on giving) and lately we use it to make amazing pizza. We can’t provide those recipes here on the web, see http://artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=2388 for more about this.