This recipe was amazing, i differently recommend. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. What is the go to donut pan that You use? So glad you liked this recipe, Kim! In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg if using. Cut a hole in one corner and pipe the batter into the pan. If you want to cut down on calories, you could omit the glaze. Baked donuts will NEVER taste like fried donuts! , No, it’s not a typo. Carefully remove from the oil and place onto prepared rack. .I love the taste so nice. The thing I was worried about was that it was not enough. Then - and this is the vital part - cover the doughnuts lightly with tea towels and place it in a draft-free area, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours. To make the most of the glaze, set the holes underneath the doughnuts so they can catch the extra good stuff. Great recipe, thank you. Now it’s time to shape the donuts! Stop the mixer, scrape the bowl and then mix about 30 seconds more. Spoon the batter into the donut cavities or use a large ziplock bag. Thanks for stopping by! (See my recipe note about making the doughnut holes.) Mine did need to bake a few minutes longer than the recommended time but obviously every oven is different, Glad you liked this recipe, Jennifer! Thank you! I’ve made a few different donut recipes over the last little while and these were by far the most pleasant cake donuts. My husband told me these were the best cake donuts he ever tasted. Donuts: Whisk together flours. They are soft, flavorful and so much better than other baked doughnuts … Bake 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the donuts spring back when touched. 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting, 4 cups vegetable shortening, for frying (or peanut or safflower oil), Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Ree's Quesadillas with Shrimp, Pineapple and Peppers, Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Grits. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, milk and salt until smooth. Continue mixing for 5 minutes after the flour is combined. With the hook attachment, turn the mixer to low speed. They came out so light and fluffy! Thank you for the feedback! 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt, strained if it is too wet) 1 egg. In large heavy pot, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 400°F. If you prefer a thinner glaze on … Dip the warm donuts in the vanilla glaze, return to the wire rack, and immediately top with sprinkles. Used cinnamon and sugar for the topping. Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Repeat with remaining doughnuts. Add the butter/egg mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer. Very easy to make! , Oh I am glad to hear this worked with almond milk because that is all we have on hand. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 to 7 minutes before … Pretty simple, I will tweek with a bit of almond extract next time, cook them a minute or two longer and put less sugar in the glaze to thicken it, forgot to grease pan still came out perfect. I would recommend letting them cool completely and then dipping in royal icing/putting sprinkles on. I'm Elena. Kids loved them even without the glaze! That’s a five star recipe!!! Combine water and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with … I’ve also dipped tops into melted butter, then cinnamon and sugarThese are my go to recipe and I have tried others! These vanilla glazed baked donuts are super simple to whip up. Turned out beautifully! Other than some day possibly posting a spudnut (potato donut) recipe like the ones my mom made all the time growing up, I can’t see myself ever relying on another homemade donut recipe. You have to turn them upside down. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together until no flour bits remain and all the ingredients are well combined. These are my family’s favorite donuts. These were a favorite and SO easy for my granddaughter and I to make (with a donut pan, of course. I made these donuts and they were delicious. Finish donuts with chocolate or vanilla glaze, or cinnamon sugar. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. A raspberry version it’s a great idea, Mina! Glad you liked them, Vicki! . With the hook attachment, turn the mixer to low speed. Needed to cook mine a few minutes longer. Thank you for the feedback! Spoon the batter into the lightly greased doughnut pans, filling the wells to about 1/4" shy of the rim. Thank you for the feedback! , Such an easy and delicious recipe, thank you! Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Dip each warm doughnut … I would love to try chocolate! Remove them from the oil as soon as they're golden brown on both sides (this should take less than 1 minute in total). Pretty amazing…, Glad you liked this recipe, Angela! In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Transfer the doughnuts and the doughnut holes to the floured baking sheet 3. Going to try cinnamon coating next. For the doughnuts: Add the granulated sugar to the warm milk in a medium bowl, and then add the yeast. Using an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, beat the eggs, butter, sugar and … Excellent recipe, 5 stars. I baked around 80 for my daughters 2nd birthday, very quick and easy! Add 1 tablespoon of milk, and whisk to combine. If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! You can have fresh baked donuts in less than 20 minutes and are healthier than the fried ones. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. I didn’t have milk thus substitute almond milk, 30 calories version. Highly recommend <3. Followed the recipe, so easy. This is hands down my new go to donut recipe. So yummy n fluffy. Pour in the milk/sugar/yeast mixture. When fully baked, the donuts will have risen above the surface of the pan, have a springy texture when touched, and be slightly dry on … Baked donut ingredients. Leave a comment or share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #aseasyasapplepie. Delicious and easy. Thank you for this recipe. In large bowl, mix cake mix, Bisquick mix, sugar and salt. Used Oat milk for the dairy substitute, my CMP allergy child has never had a donut before today, now I’ll be making them all the time. Live and learn. Thank you for the feedback! I like to use a pastry bag to pour the batter into the donut pan but you can also use a spoon or ziplock bag. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Since i have a small pan i got 2 batches. Transfer to a wire rack (make sure there’s a pan underneath to catch the excess!) Such a straight forward and easy recipe to follow! Excellent recipe. Is it supposed to be 375? Spoon the batter into the baking pans, filling each one a little more than three-quarters full. Donuts are best … Fry I make vanilla, chocolate, strawberry glaze and add lots of sprinkles for my “kids”. Im going to have to try making different flavours, chocolate, ginger, and lemon all spring to mind. The glaze is very easy,  just powdered sugar, some milk, and a touch of vanilla. More than likely, you already have them on hand. I have a smaller, pampered chef donut pan and I made 9 and over filled it a little. Is there anything better than a warm glazed donut? I always read the reviews for troubleshooting help but no one has had an issue! I made some doughnuts. All rights reserved. All you need is a couple of mixing bowls, a whisk and a donut pan. My first time making donuts. We provide you only the perfect Nutella Glazed Baked Donuts recipe here. Place the doughnuts on paper-towel-lined-plates to drain. Does it make sense? Quickly turn them over then remove them. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. For the glaze: To glaze the doughnuts, mix the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup cold water, salt and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. I doubled the recipe (used 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda) and they turned out great. These came out more like sponge cake than a donut. Thanks again, So glad you liked this recipe, Tracey! Thank you for the feedback! … Very pleased! In a medium bowl, whisk to combine eggs, … In love. Your email address will not be published. Have you ever tried adding fruit (I’m thinking blueberries) or pumpkin to this recipe? Don't worry if they're a little imperfect; if your fingers leave impressions when you dropped them into the oil, that just means they were extra light and fluffy. Made these in a donut maker instead of the oven. I’ve used this recipe several times now with gluten free flour and it’s turned out wonderfully. Fill each Donuts: We’re using my standard baked donut recipe as the base. Add the butter/egg mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer. . They are best when eaten the same day but can be covered and stored at room temperature up to 2 days. I made these this morning and I think it will be my go-to donut recipe. I used gluten free flour and they still tasted amazing! In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt. If they don't seem to be rising much, move the pan to a warm place. . Stir into flour … Also didn’t let my butter cool enough before mixing it with the egg but this recipe was very forgiving. These donuts are dipped in a thick, decadent vanilla glaze and topped with sprinkles. Working with 2-3 doughnuts at a time, cook for 1 minute on each side. Vanilla glazed baked donuts are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or to take along to any get together. Just made some. These look amazing. These Easy Baked Glazed Chocolate Doughnuts are a sweet, family-friendly homemade treat that will be gobbled up in seconds by children and adults alike.. Cut into doughnut shapes using a doughnut cutter or two round circle cutters (one large and one small for holes). The doughnuts should immediately float to the top and puff up. Make the glaze. Whisk milk, egg, butter, oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract together in a small bowl. Fry the doughnuts. I put smashed raspberries in 3 of them. , I am having a hard time getting the donuts baked… is 175 a typo? Glad you liked it, Amanda! Transfer to a large bowl and add the … Do you think the would freeze well without the glaze? Delicious and well loved by family! Fantastic recipe, quick and easy. Sugar: Granulated sugar is used in the donut … A big thank you! If the glaze is too thick, add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Will definitely make again. Stir in milk and eggs. Two of my children are Gluten Intolerant, and I’ve been doing my best to try to make substitutes. Cover and let rise for about 30 to 40 minutes until doubled. So happy you liked the recipe . Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes. Allow it to sit until the yeast starts to bubble, 5 to 10 minutes. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Plan to make the glaze thicker next time so it looks more like the pic and less like a glaze, but will definitely reuse this. Very easy and tasty. This’ll be a fun project for us. Beat until just combined. I also cut the ziplock a bit bigger than I should’ve. Glad you liked them! But why would you want to do that? In a small bowl, beat the eggs and then pour them into a bowl with the melted butter, whisking constantly. Made these donuts several times, as written, then adding a few grates of fresh nutmeg! . Turned out fine and everybody loved it. 2. I made these tonight after dinner. It might be sacrilege but I didn’t make the vanilla glaze and just used a can of Betty Crocker frosting. It did only result in 7 donuts but I guess that’s a good quantity because it’s pretty quick to make more when I run out. Donuts are one of my favorite desserts. Put the dough in a warm spot, if necessary, to facilitate rising. Place them on a rack so any excess glaze can drip off. Plus they are so pretty, they will definitely bring a smile to your face! Thanks! Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). It was my first time making donuts at home and it was a big hit with my boys. Remove the holes and transfer the doughnuts to a lightly-floured baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment. Thanks. These were so easy to make and absolutely delicious. My new favorite baked donut recipe! Melt the shortening in a pot over a medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F on a candy thermometer. It’s what I use for my baked cinnamon sugar donuts, crumb cake donuts (doubled for that recipe), chocolate frosted donuts, and lemon poppy seed donuts.It’s a very thick batter that produces tight-crumbed, cakey donuts… With a pair of tongs, dip a homemade doughnut into the glaze, flipping it over so both sides get covered. I love the fun shape of donuts and the colorful sprinkles or creamy glaze that covers the top. The donuts were so good! I want to try these but I do not have a donut pan!! These were really good. Learn how your comment data is processed. Transfer batter to a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag, and snip a 1/2-inch hole in one corner of … Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. I double the recipe and they turned out perfect! Add donut chunks to dish; pour melted butter over top … (Or you can drop one of the doughnut holes in the oil, if it sizzles and immediately rises to the surface, the oil is ready.) Preheat oven to 400° and grease two donut pans. Enjoy these delicious vanilla glazed baked donuts! Use a doughnut cutter (or 2 concentric cutters) to cut out the doughnuts. Will make again. Shape the Donuts. Cover the doughnuts and holes … You can freeze unglazed donuts for up to 2 months . Bake the donuts in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. So glad you liked these baked donuts, Laurel! Cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cavity, filling 3 ∕ 4 of the way full. Then use a metal spoon or spatula to carefully flip them over to the other side. Mix until well combined. Two Parts to Baked Maple Glazed Donuts. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl, and then retrieve 1/2 cup at a time and add it to the mixing bowl, allowing it to slowly incorporate into the liquid mixture.