Breastfeeding frequently—especially in the first hours, days, and weeks—is the main way to increase your milk supply. I always carried around a water bottle when I was pumping for my little one. The coconut water in it is super hydrating, plus all the vitamins added … You will get your answers to those questions, and much much more! master your milk supply and breastfeed with confidence. In search for a way to help get ride of my migraines without taking a bunch of medication I decide to try sports drinks including body armor. Here are a couple of my favorite lactation smoothie recipes I created that taste amazing and do wonders for your milk supply! I bet you also want to know how many you should be drinking each day in order to see these milk supply increases. The hormones from breastfeeding definitely made me super thirsty. You can find lactation teas at places like Earth Mama Organics, my personal favorite brand for organic pre and postpartum products. Do note that alcohol definitely DOES NOT increase milk supply. Before we can get to the must-know reasons WHY this popular breastfeeding drink boosts milk supply and how much you need to drink, let’s first look at some of the M.V.P.’s of breast milk boosting foods you’ll definitely want to know about too! March 2020. Next, you’ll get to see a great hack to cut the amount of sugar, but leave the increased milk production. There are some misconceptions surrounding milk supply, especially if you exclusively breastfeed. What's the magic daily number breastfeeding moms say they drink to get this super drink milk supply effect? Doesn’t … Read on to find out how to increase your milk supply fast! If you are breastfeeding or pumping, you may be wondering if the Body Armor drink can increase your breast milk supply and help with milk production. Come check out the quality courses I recommend and learn how they can help you achieve your breastfeeding goals with less stress and worry! You can check out all the different flavors here (on Amazon), Both Body Armor and Body Armor Lyte have these ingredients. Not sure if it did help but it was nice. I told her that fenugreek is the proven food to increase breast milk supply quickly. For those of you looking for alternative options, check out some of these “healthier” breastfeeding drink ideas to try instead! I drank them to increase my breast milk supply. Body Armor and Milk Supply. Try these tips to help you make more milk: Breastfeed every time your baby is hungry. And all the vitamins help too. Tips on how to power pump. or more of liquid! Here is the process I followed, so you can steal it! Your body will make milk to meet your baby's demand. Increasing Supply While Nursing Conclusion. Your body will come around, and … It would seem like Body Armor drinks are safe to have while breastfeeding due to this fact alone. Breastfeeding your baby can make you feel very thirsty and increase your need to supplement your body with fluids. Keep reading to find out more about my results with the drink! One of the main ingredients in Body Armor is coconut water, which is high in electrolytes. Related Post : The … Some mothers find that one of these every two days is sufficient. This is only if you plan to drink more than two per day. Get to know Elizabeth better and her story, here. Your body is very good at regulating its reserves to keep your milk supply going. Panic is a real emotion when you notice you’re … The regular version of the drink (the one that is not marked as “lyte”) also contains calories from sugar. Amazon even carries a 5 gallon bag of Body Armor Powder mix so you can make your own and cut the cost of buying individual pre-made bottles. Report abuse. Don’t forget to save this article on your Baby or Breastfeeding board on Pinterest so you can find it later! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3968608?dopt=Abstract, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1525748?dopt=AbstractPlus, https://www.nap.edu/catalog/10925/dietary-reference-intakes-for-water-potassium-sodium-chloride-and-sulfate. BODYARMOR Sports Drinks provide superior hydration and are packed with electrolytes, coconut water & vitamins. Here is another best kept milk increasing secret drink breastfeeding moms have accidentally and gladly stumbled upon. Sometimes I knew that hydration was not the problem with milk supply and I needed a little more help than what I could get from drinking water or Body Armor. There have been a few studies done on hydration in moms and the impact on their milk supply. 3 people found this helpful. Body Armor works for breastfeeding moms as it contains coconut water concentrate, which highly hydrates the body. My OB told me that I was ok to drink it as long as I did not overdo it. The body armor drink can help with breast milk production because it has a few ingredients that help you to stay hydrated. Related Topics. Breastfeeding Related Topics. The body processes more water when you're nursing so they recommend drinking closer to 13 cups, or 3.1 liters, daily. Therefore, it is safe to conclude that drinking body armor when breastfeeding keeps you well hydrated, which translates to higher milk supply. In addition, a nutritious diet will create higher-quality milk for your baby 1.Certain vegetables have lactogenic properties, meaning they can increase the amount of breast milk … See the list below and remember them for later or download the FREE eBook that includes them and so much more! Starbucks Pink Drink. 5 Yummy Lactation Drink Recipes *indicates a galactagogue . On average it's recommended that we drink 8 cups of water daily to keep up with regular functions. Milk Dust is a protein lactation powder that packs a powerful lactogenic effect while being as pure and healthy as possible for breastfeeding moms. A study from 1992, showed that the days where women drank more fluids, their milk supply was higher. There is a black market for selling breast milk and bodybuilders are buying the milk from mothers because they claim it builds muscle mass. If you’re the type of mama who loves a hot cup of tea, this would be the perfect breast milk boosting beverage option for you. On average it's recommended that we drink 8 cups of water daily to keep up with regular functions. You’ve probably heard that Mother’s Milk Tea works wonders to increase milk supply. Galactagogues will not work without adequate and frequent milk removal. This little Body Armor breastfeeding drink hack will help you consume more of the breast milk boosting ingredients, (in this case coconut water) while also further hydrating with an extra 8oz. Perhaps you’ve found yourself reading this article today because you are curious if the rumors about Body Armor being good for breastfeeding moms and it’s claims to increase milk supply are true. Article from loveourlittles.com. The coconut water in it is super hydrating, plus all the vitamins added help as well. I’m Lisa. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Master Your Milk Supply through this link. The best way to increase milk supply is to remove milk more frequently through extra pumping or nursing sessions. Jan 17, 2020 Can intermittent fasting help you lose weight while breastfeeding? In search for a way to help get ride of my migraines without taking a bunch of medication I decide to try sports drinks including body armor. Drinks such as water, coconut water, and energy drinks like Body Armor drink have also being stated to stimulate milk production. Some women say one bottle of day should do the trick while others recommend 2-5. But is this true? and none of it is working. With BODYARMOR Sports The amount of Body Armor you should drink to increase your milk supply can vary from woman to woman. “To maintain supply, you have to drink tons of water.”. The one that worked the best for me was the Blue Pomegranate Body Armor Lyte, because I preferred to have a drink with less sugar in it. The more your baby nurses, the more milk you’ll produce (theoretically). However, as mentioned above, these drinks do contain a fair amount of sugar. Likewise, a breastfeeding mom who is desperate to increase her milk supply may drink up to 5 of these sugary sports drinks a day! The thing to remember is that it will depend on your body and how well you respond to extra hydration. The coconut water is the main galactagogue (milk supply enhancer) in BodyArmor drinks. There are claims that the popular body armor sports drink boosts breast milk production. The next poll that I did was Body Armor. Lansinoh vs Medela Breast Pump: Which Is Best? One of my thoughts on this study is that it only covered a small number of women, and they all had a normal milk production (around 27 – 30 oz per day). Another thought is that what is significant in research might be different that what is significant to you as a mother. If you are addicted to Starbucks like I am, then you will be … .. This article doesn't stop there either - it's also full of breast milk boosting tips, foods, drink, supplements and more! P.S. I drank them to increase my breast milk supply. I drank Body Armor on occasion before. A lot of women think that this is the secret ingredient to the Body Armor drink boosting their milk supply. How Many Calories Do You Burn Pumping & Breastfeeding, Does the Body Armor Drink Help With Breastfeeding, Which Body Armor Is Best For Breastfeeding, How Fast Does Body Armor Increase Milk Supply, Drink a Body Armor during the power pumping session, 3 hours later, pump again. Body Armor can help give you a boost of a few extra ounces, but if you are struggling with your milk supply, you may also want to try another technique at the same time. Research has actually shown that extra fluids in excess of natural thirst have no effect on milk volume ()!If you are going to be out in the heat, or if you find that you struggle to remember to drink water (mom brain, we get busy, it happens), then yes–drink more fluids. Featured on: Love Our Littles® is a participant in the Amazon.com Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You can try drinking it either while you are pumping, or when you have about 2 hours until the beginning of my next pumping session. Here is a link to all my best tips for power pumping. That was the question and I’d like to confirm that yes, I believe it does increase milk supply. The days where they drank less fluids, their milk supply was lower. This claim has also been supported by breastfeeding moms in many forums where they all swear by the effectiveness of this sports drink. The extra calories from the drink may also help with milk supply. Best Drinks to Increase Lactation. Continue reading "Does the body armor drink increase milk supply?" Now that we have a solid list of foods that are factually proven to increase milk supply, let’s also look at Body Armor’s list of ingredients to determine if we can spot any galactagogues. The content of this website is for informational and entertainment purposes only. A little further down, you’ll see some tips on how to limit the amount of sugar, but still get the breast milk boosting goodness! Does Body Armor Drink Increase Milk Supply? This post may contain affiliate links. They taste amazing. Meet Elizabeth, the mom who created Love Our Littles®. Each individual is different. March 2020. Another component of the drink is that it is (obviously) a liquid and drinking any type of fluid can help you if you are dehydated. BODYARMOR is dedicated to providing today’s athletes the best in sports nutrition & hydration. L by LouEsti. One Breast Produces Less Milk: How to Fix A Slacker Boob, Starbucks’ Pink Drink increases milk supply, lactation teas at places like Earth Mama Organics, Happy Mammaries Lactation Smoothie Recipe. The biggest difference is that Body Armor Lyte has fewer calories and a lot less sugar. Take 2-3 body armors in a day for breastfeeding. It is best for women to start off slowly to see how the drink effects them and whether it is working to increase their milk production and go … You can as well quench your thirst my drinking some coconut water. The answer is no, Body Armor Drinks contain no caffeine (according to their website). Yes, body armor drinks are safe to drink while breastfeeding they are a wonderful option for those mothers who just can’t manage to drink enough water during the day. Report abuse. How much Body Armor does it take to increase milk supply? I drink a shit ton of water a day and have had problems due to flushing my system before in the past. Why do Body Armor drinks increase breast milk supply … Shop for Milk Dust here. Some lactation teas, like Milkmaid Tea, are full of effective galactagogues. You can always reach out to your OBGYN and ask him or her if the drink is safe while breastfeeding. Which can lead to a body that is primed to produce more milk! So does Body Armor really increase milk supply? False. One (or maybe two) per day is plenty to try it out. Therefore, a breastfeeding mom can enjoy a Guinness from time to time without having to worry about pumping and dumping her liquid gold in spite of it. ... How to increase breast milk supply. Coconut Milk is also the “secret ingredient” in the Starbucks Pink drink that so many moms swear by for boosting their milk supply. I felt comfortable drinking it because there were not any ingredients that concerned me, and the ingredients are similar to Gatorade. Nurse on Demand. When I was pumping for my daughter, I hoped that these drinks would give me a few extra ounces in my pumping sessions. I have truly loved nursing my children. Most breastfeeding moms say that the sweet spot for them is anywhere between 2-5 Body Armor drinks per day. Beer is sometimes said to also increase milk supply because of it’s barley content. (You can follow. This isn’t medical advice and if someone relies on it to their detriment, I am not liable. It may help if you are struggling with your milk supply when pumping and breastfeeding. The thing to remember about these studies is that they only covered a small number of women (10 in the first study and 26 in the second study). 8 Surprising Breast Milk Boosting Busts and Must-Try’s. The answer of course is going to be different for everyone. Read: One Breast Produces Less Milk: How to Fix A Slacker Boob. These electrolytes can help you if you are not drinking enough fluids or if you are slightly dehydrated. Here’s how to cut the outrageous amounts of sugar in half, but still keep all of this super drink’s breastfeeding benefits. Which is why I try to find you the best resources to help you master your milk supply and breastfeed with confidence. I drink a shit ton of water a day and have had problems due to flushing my system before in the past. Mar 31, 2019 - Does Body Armor drink increase milk supply for breastfeeding moms? As a side note, you might be surprised how many calories that breastfeeding and pumping burns. Yes, Body Armor may increase milk supply for some moms. Continue reading "Does the body armor drink increase milk supply?" Let your baby nurse on demand when you’re building your supply, and your body should respond by boosting milk production. Take your 8oz. The list of foods below are all considered galactatgoues, which is more specific to a food for breastfeeding or medication that promotes and stimulates the secretion and flow of breast milk. These are great nursing tips for newborns and require no special supplements. How many ounces do breastfed babies eat at 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, etc.? "Children are eventually weaned off breast milk. As an added asset to your milk supply arsenal, I will also gift you a second (and even more in-depth) milk supply and pumping course after you enroll in Master Your Milk Supply through this link. Well, there is no doubt that staying hydrated when breastfeeding is important. Drink LOTS water pump at least every 3 hours for 15-20 min. Power Pump. If you are producing less than that, it might be worth it to try increasing the amount of water you drink to see if it helps your milk supply. Many women who have low milk supply or who are "just enoughers" have a goal of increasing milk supply. I came up with an awesome copycat Starbucks Pink Drink recipe. Read Next: 8 Surprising Breast Milk Boosting Busts and Must-Try’s! Another study from 1985 found that moms who drank extra fluids didn’t have a statistically significant impact on their milk supply. The good news, is that you can find Body Armor Drinks at Target and at Amazon! 2019 Edit – Legendairy Milk Supplement – I have heard WONDERS about this supplement, so if you’re interested, it might be worth a shot! ➜. Incase you are wondering if there are any other drinks that also increase milk supply other than Body Armor, here are some I found that had some pretty significant effects. ➜. regular Body Armor Super Drink and cut it with an organic coconut water. Head over there after you read this to check out their wonderful inventory for expecting and new mamas! It is probably more than you think! I may receive commissions for purchases made through links on this post (at no extra cost to you). Which make them one of the BEST ways to drink your way to more milk! You may be wondering if Body Armor is similar to an energy drink and whether it contains caffeine. This Body Armor breastfeeding drink seems like a great option for breastfeeding moms who struggle to stay hydrated because water is just not their favorite thing. Reduce Stress and Don’t Panic. Not sure if it did help but it was nice. Although, there is no scientific data to solidify this as fact. Be sure to follow PumpingMamas on Pinterest so you don’t miss any breastfeeding or pumping tips! This can be really stressful, but there are lot of different things that you can try - fenugreek, oatmeal, power pumping, and drinking more water are just a few. Body Armor super drink provides superior nutrition, superior hydration, and superior taste. One of these per day actually does what it would take 5 bottles of water to do when it comes to hydration. It typically took anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours to see an increase in my supply depending on a few different factors. Your milk supply is based on supply and demand. Although, there is no scientific data to solidify this as fact. They taste amazing. Be sure to check out this Green Lacatation Smoothie from My Pure Plants! But many breastfeeding moms swear by certain foods and drinks (from Starbucks’ Pink Drink to the Smoothie King Premama smoothie) for giving their milk supply a little boost. Coconut Milk and Coconut water can increase milk supply. I bought a few bottles of Body Armor and Body Armor Lyte to see if these electrolyte drinks would work to increase my milk supply. Body Armor is something that helps increase milk supply for moms and it contains magnesium. 1.0 out of 5 stars Damaged products. She’s a licensed cosmetologist, military wife, mama to two and an accomplished exclusive pumper. My twins are 2 weeks old and my plan was to exclusively breastfeed but I’m afraid I’m not producing enough so I have been supplementing. It would be wise to get the Lyte option, as only one 8-oz serving contains 18g of sugar. © 2020 - Love Our Littles® | All rights reserved, Sign up to get access to ALL of my FREEBIES in the Crib! How to Increase Breast Milk Supply in 48 Hours First things first, you might not have this problem. Yep, you read that … Oct 23, 2020 - Information on how to increase milk supply when you are breastfeeding or exclusively pumping. This post may contain affiliate links. Reply Close. Staying hydrated is a good idea, of course, but that’s mostly for yourself, not so much your milk production. The internet offers so much information now and can be such an amazing help if we know where to look. To increase lactation and breast milk supply, it is essential to stay hydrated. Increasing Your Milk Supply. You want to strike a healthy balance here. Be sure to read this post about Body Armor Drink and whether or not it can help increase milk supply! As explained above, the amount of sugar that can be found in some store bought sports drink can be nauseating. 7 people found this helpful. One of my favorites is the Fruit Punch. You can see below in the nutritional facts for the regular Body Armor drinks that an 8oz. **Simply contact me once done and I’ll get you set up! Here we can see that most babies eat between 24 (710 ml) and 30 oz (887 ml). Whether you breastfeed on demand or pump on a set schedule, you can maintain a healthy milk supply, even after a sudden dip in milk … How will Body Amor help my milk supply? This way to get access to ALL the FREEBIES in the Crib! I went from typically pumping 2 or 3 ounces during that session to around 5 ounces! As promised above, you can make it at home with this copycat Pink Drink Recipe for a fraction of the price! The Body Armor "super drink" breastfeeding and milk supply effect. They have a bunch of different flavors and keep introducing more. I found this great tumbler and it was amazing at keeping my water cold, even after my drink had been sitting out for hours. Here is a link to check it out: Lactation Drinks For Milk Supply. Welcome! See more ideas about increase milk supply, breastfeeding, milk supply. Here are a few questions that I’ll cover: Yes, body armor may help some moms with breastfeeding, but it has not been scientifically proven. It’s not uncommon for moms in our Facebook group to post pictures of their Target shopping carts full of Body Armor when there’s a sale, because a lot of people believe they pump more milk when they drink it. If your milk supply is low, here are some suggestions on how to increase it: Monitor your baby’s weight often, especially in the early days and weeks.In general, the longer your supply has been low, the longer it will take to build it back up. I had my first baby 02/21, stopped breastfeeding because he wouldnt latch, decided to give another go and wanted to I found that Body Armor took a few hours to increase my milk supply. Body Armor; This is HANDS DOWN my favorite drink while breastfeeding. When I needed an extra boost for my milk supply, I would use these supplements that I found on Etsy. While it’s nice to know these superfoods to add to your breastfeeding diet, having the right knowledge and techniques to master your milk supply is still ideal. You can whip them up super fast, be creative with the flavors and add in tons of healthy foods that are nourishing and also increase milk supply. You will start seeing an increase in your milk supply within hours. Still, it did for me and it does for many more breastfeeding moms! Take a further look into these ingredients to determine which ones may be responsible for the increase in breast milk production. Mothers have reported an increase in milk supply when drinking between 1 - 2 body armor drinks per day. If you are breastfeeding or pumping, you may be wondering if the Body Armor drink can increase your breast milk supply and help with milk production. I pumped for a year to provide milk for my preemie. They taste good, there are lot’s of options, and they are made with coconut water! The coconut water and electrolytes are the ingredients that can help boost milk supply for moms, so both work well for boosting milk supply. Teas are a well-known way to drink your way to more milk. Amazon Customer. See source for more information on alcohol and breastfeeding: (source). Learn why you’re experiencing a sudden drop in milk supply, and what you can do to increase it quickly. These are great nursing tips for newborns and require no special supplements. However, you should be able to see a significant difference in milk production during your first pumping session after you have a Body Armor drink. Coconut has shown to increase lactation. We now know that Body Armor does have the ability to boost milk supply according to many breastfeeding moms, but how long does it actually take for it to start working? Body Armor is a sports drink, and as such, it’s high in sugar and calories. 3 people found this helpful. Drinking a glass of coconut water while breastfeeding will add up your daily intake of electrolytes, minerals, and vitamins. There’s no food or drink that by itself will help your supply. I hope you got the answers you were looking for when you Googled “does body armor drink increase milk supply?”. If you’re exclusively breastfeeding and baby is on target for healthy weight gain, your ... strain it and drink when warm. Which, has been a known low milk supply remedy for centuries. i eat oatmeal in the morning, drink the mothers milk 2-3 times a day, i drink the body armor drink with my oatmeal as well, i make smoothies and blend the lactation cookies in the smoothie (hate the taste of the cookies) and i also take some herbal capsules 6 times a day. Luckily, there is also a Lyte option available if all of that extra sugar and carbs is something you’d rather stay away from. They are tasteful and useful for if you're nursing and want to increase milk supply Read more. Read more. Yes, body armor drinks are safe to drink while breastfeeding they are a wonderful option for those mothers who just can’t manage to drink enough water during the day. This drink is not a “magic pill”, but it might help you produce a few extra ounces, especially if you are not well hydrated to begin with. It’s not uncommon for moms in our Facebook group to post pictures of their Target shopping carts full of Body Armor when there’s a sale, because a lot of people believe they pump more milk when they drink it. Keeping that in mind, the best Body Armor to have while breastfeeding is probably going to be the lower sugar option. You can further analyze the ingredients (shown above) to determine if there is anything present that you may want to stay away from while breastfeeding. Care for your body by eating healthy foods, including fruits and vegetables, which will help you produce more breast milk. Now that you are aware of how effective Body Armor drinks can be while breastfeeding for your milk supply. You can do this with equal amounts of both or less, depending on your taste preferences. My bottle of Body Armor Lyte was sweetened with Erythritol, which is a common sugar substitute. Then I got pregnant and learned that it's recommended by lactation specialists to increase your milk supply. Want another great recipe to help encourage milk supply? Disclaimer: The absolute non-negotiable to maintaining and increasing milk supply is removing plenty of milk… and often. How Much Body Armor Drink to Increase Milk Supply. Save yourself from the milk supply guessing-game mama and master it for good! This pretty and pink beverage will hydrate you to the max with added coconut milk. Guinness seems to be the recommended beer of choice for this purpose because it’s lower in alcohol content. serving will run you an additional 18g of sugar! Does Body Armor drink increase milk supply, cuz breastfeeding moms want to know! Soak methi seeds in a glass of water for 7-8 hours and drink it empty stomach in the morning. In this particular case, the barley is the galactagogue and may help promote more milk production. Learn about Frequently Asked Questions. Why Does This Drink Increase Milk Supply? Pump more breastmilk using things like brewer's yeast, lactation cookies, and oatmeal. According to the Mayo Clinic, it's recommended that you drink more water than usual when you're breastfeeding. That is at least what has been the experience of and recorded by other breastfeeding mothers. Body Armor is something that helps increase milk supply for moms and it contains magnesium. And you need more water than you probably think—in addition to the doctor-recommended eight glasses per day, you should add another four glasses in. This drink is not a “magic pill”, but it might help you produce a few extra ounces, especially if you are not well hydrated to begin with. Is this the best drink for boosting milk supply? Increasing Milk Supply. So, what are these foods that help promote lactation? If you’re seeking something that can provide you with quick and convenient solutions to your breastfeeding, breast pumping and milk supply challenges, an online course is where you should invest a little bit of your time. Yes, Body Armor may increase milk supply for some moms. Knowing some good lactation smoothie recipes are an effective way to combat a sudden decrease in milk supply. Still, it did for me and it does for many more breastfeeding moms! You might see the increase during the next pumping session. The thing to remember is that it will depend on your body and how well you respond to extra hydration. You only need to drink enough to satisfy your thirst while you're breastfeeding. Does body armor drink for breastfeeding increase milk supply? Some women notice a big impact on their milk production when they eat or drink extra calories. One star ya missing because I wish we could choose our flavours. Your body can't make milk if you're dehydrated. So, you might be wondering – is there any science to back this up? RELATED:Body Armor Drink For Breastfeeding: Does It Increase Milk Supply? And there’s another favorite breastfeeding-friendly beverage that might surprise you a bit: BodyArmor Super Drink. Be sure to check with your doctor if you are worried! Read more. That was the question and I’d like to confirm that yes, I believe it does increase milk supply. Remain calm, it’s probably just a phase – There’s are tons of things that can effect your milk supply, but don’t let one bad day get you down!