I bet you are going to love this pasta recipe! What’s not to love about a good Homemade Creamy Cheese Sauce over Rotini Pasta? Can you relate? So after eating beef two days in a row, I could not imagine it again for dinner. Cheesy Chicken Pasta Recipe. The husband approved x2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Instagram. Add chicken and continue to boil until no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta is a good feel dish. It really allows for flavor to develop and for the dish to become cohesive. It was perfect for the whole family! Sharp cheddar cheese and Dijon mustard bring this dish a step above normal mac and cheese. To reheat just remove the dish from its airtight container and place in a baking dish covered with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F degrees till reheated through, around 20 – 30 minutes. Step 3 Meanwhile, combine broccoli, cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and pepper in a large bowl. Learn how your comment data is processed. Cook the pasta until not quite al dente, about 7 minutes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and season them with salt and pepper. Thanks for a great recipe! You can freeze this dish for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Made with pasta, tender chicken, broccoli and loads of delicious cheese, this casserole will quickly become one of your family’s favorite dinners! Chicken & broccoli pasta bake. Looking for more recipes? ... Advertisement. I am so tired of beef, beef, beef all the time. My family loves broccoli, chicken, and pasta! My kid loves this! 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast. So this dish delivered that in spades! Two-6-ounce Grilled chicken breasts, seasoned pre-cooked. Pinterest But today we’re going to cook our pasta right in with our broth, added to our skillet once the chicken is done cooking. This casserole is one of my favorite recipes to … Three tablespoons butter. Add the pasta, chicken broth, milk and bring to a boil. uncooked whole grain rotini pasta 12 oz. Melt the butter in a saucepan. With minimal prep work, dinner will be ready in 35 minutes or less! How can you go wrong adding a grilled chicken and fresh broccoli to the mix? In a medium sized skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon and then set aside … Ingredients: 2 Tbsp. Yay me! Cook Smarts’ cheddar chicken and broccoli pasta is a great way to sneak in a healthy dose of veggies for picky eaters. I think that pasta is such a good base for many a dish. Up your veg intake by combining broccoli and pasta in comforting meals. Add in chicken broth, milk, chicken, broccoli, seasonings and pasta, stirring well. Chicken Broccoli Casserole is super easy, super cheesy and there’s no canned condensed soup need either!. And I love including broccoli in pasta as a way of getting in some veggies . I love to bulk up my dishes with flavorful fiberful additions, so here are some suggestions. Food that is from cultures and cuisines across the world has always been a staple of the blog. Makes 6 servings (about 1 1/2 cups) Ingredients 8 oz. You had me at cheesy and broccoli! boneless and skinless cut into small bite size pieces. No matter what household we have all grown up in, there is something that has brought us all together here and that is a love and appreciation of food. I will be making it again soon. We’re used to boiling our pasta separately, in one pot full of salted water before incorporating it into our dish of choice. That’s excellent to hear Kristine! Toss with the drained pasta and broccoli and the chicken. It’s prepared all in the same pot to ensure each bite is tasty and easy to whip up in a flash! In the same pot, add in the 2 tb of butter and melt This Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Pasta is the perfect pasta dish for family dinners. I also love trying out new recipes. The only hitch? Add chicken, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until golden … Have you ever noticed how frustrating making dinner can sometimes be? The other day I was having one of those dreaded I have no idea what to make for dinner. This was going to be hard to pull off. Facebook https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-casserole-with-broccoli I Can’t wait to make this for them for dinner soon! Salt and pepper to taste. Which, by the way,  is his favorite meat to eat constantly. Thanks for sharing your experience! Season with salt until it tastes like the sea. Unless you hate broccoli, and in that case, you have stumbled on the wrong recipe today. You can get creative with other veggie additions in this dish. I was inspired to make this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta recipe tonight after a very long day at work. To make this chicken and broccoli pasta bake, you’ll need a large sauté pan (3 quarts or larger) big enough to fit the sauce, cooked pasta, chicken, and broccoli.. You’ll also need a baking dish around 10 X 10 inches or something similar in size.. It's prepared all in the same pot to ensure each bite is tasty and easy to whip up in a flash! I hope to hear from you as soon as possible after you make it. I totally adore writing about the wacky history of recipes and sharing our families cherished handed-down favorites that range from all the Iconic Southern Classics to Traditional Italian-American recipes. You can store each serving in the fridge for up to 1 week. olive oil 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces Salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup diced yellow onion (about half an onion) 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp.) Turn the heat down to low, stir, cover the pot/skillet and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta cooks through. However, whatever I made had to satisfy both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’s fancy. This looks like such yummy comfort food! Two tablespoons unsalted butter. Definitely one to save for the future and make again! This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge forÂ, 30 minute meals, cheesy chicken broccoli pasta, chicken pasta recipe, One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. I like it, but once a week is more than enough for me. Update: Guess who loved this recipe so much he went back for seconds and wanted it again? It is chock full of chicken and broccoli, cheese, and just enough pasta to pull it all together! In a bowl, whisk together … Cook the pasta according to the package directions to al Dente, adding the broccoli florets the last two minutes of cooking time. Sorry, but it’s 100% factual. He can take it or leave it most times. I wanted to eat chicken. It makes my day to hear that recipes are enjoyed! I love it's easy catering style. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese until melted. Just toss leftover or rotisserie chicken, broccoli, pasta, soup, yogurt and cheese in a casserole, top with Cheez-Its and … Recipe: Yields: 4 Servings. Try cheesy pasta bakes, simple pesto pasta and veggie pasta salads. This will save you a dish. 2 Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly browned. Continue cooking for a couple more minutes until all the liquid evaporates. Everyone loved it when I made it! Especially when you make it all in one pot. So I decided to make him and me both happy with this recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta. This pasta honestly has so much going … You just can’t in my book. One pot and only 30 minutes is all you require to make this incredibly delicious dish! I had an idea! Even my green hating teenager gobbled it up! add pasta and stir frequently until pasta reaches your desired doneness (approximately 10 minutes at medium heat I’m Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. You get the picture — a true dairy lover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer covered, until pasta and broccoli are cooked through (about 15 minutes) Remove from head, and stir in cheese until melted. Follow on… Subscribe and get a FREE dinner recipes ebook! You can have fun with some different shapes here so feel free to use whatever you like but I recommend something that soaks up the sauce like: This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 – 5 days. I'm Joanna (Jo for short) and this is my blog where I share with you my culinary adventures. Hey there Kathi! I decided whatever I make for dinner, it must be SUPER creamy, cheesy, and not skimp on flavor. Three-Four cups raw broccoli florets. Good morning Rachel! How to Make Chicken Broccoli Bake. Whisk in the salt and pepper, then let the mixture cook for a few minutes, until thickened to desired consistency. Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta In this chicken and broccoli pasta, a hint of stone ground mustard gives a bit of tang to creamy melted cheese mixed into whole wheat pasta, broccoli … Nothing beats a creamy, cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole! I know maybe I am a little extra with that description, aren’t I? Return to heat and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. https://www.muellerspasta.com/recipe/cheesy-chicken-broccoli-casserole Combining a rich tangy cheese sauce with grilled chicken and fresh Broccoli over Rotini Pasta it’s going to be your next go-to meal in the dinner rotation. ... Cheesy broccoli pasta bake. ½ teaspoon garlic salt with parsley. Rotini or corkscrew-shaped pasta, al dente, Grilled chicken breasts, seasoned and pre-cooked. Slowly whisk in the milk and cheese and bring to a boil over medium … Stir in the nutmeg and cheddar cheese. One day he will rant and rave about how delicious dinner is, and the next time you make it again a month later, it’s meh at best. This one pot dish only takes 30 minutes to make this incredibly delicious dish! Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if needed. https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-broccoli-pasta Drain the pasta and broccoli. My other half is one of those people that like something one minute and hate it the next. Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water until al dente. I wanted something easy and tasty but wouldn’t require much work. Cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and starts to lightly brown. I am not a huge beef eater. Ingredients Needed: 1 pound cooked Rotini or corkscrew-shaped pasta, al dente. Don’t get me wrong I love to cook. Whisk in the flour and cook for about a minute to create a roux. This flavorful creamy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta is a cinch to make, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. One teaspoon salt, for water. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. This flavorful, creamy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta is a cinch to make, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. 203 ratings 4.5 out of 5 star rating. About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli to the pasta water and stir until combined. This is such a comfort dish. Uncover the pot and stir in the broccoli. Cook the chicken, broccoli and pasta: Set a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. uncooked, such as penne, shells, rigatoni, etc. Thank you so much!! He loves cheese; I mean, he loves it. Have a wonderful night. Toss together with the chicken in a bowl. Step 1: Cook the pasta … Reserve the pasta water. Making the chicken and broccoli pasta bake is so easy! 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onions, garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until the onions softens a little bit. I'm excited to bring you all a taste of each corner of the earth, every last bite seasoned to perfection and served up with love - from my kitchen to yours. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch with proper and specific direction to the original content. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy. That can be frustrating when making dinner daily. I feel like I got the Cook of the Year Award after him having requested a second plate! Whip up this cheap, simple and satisfying meal in just 30 minutes. Fry for a few minutes until the chicken changes colour. I’m a chicken girl, I love chicken, fried, grilled, baked, broiled, so on and so forth. cut into small florets, 1 head of broccoli. This casserole is perfect for those busy weeknights and just as good the next day at work! One: Melt the butter in a large pan and add the garlic, bacon and chicken. I call it Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Dinner Syndrom. As luck had it, I had two large grilled chicken breasts, several types of cheeses in the refrigerator, and a few crowns of broccoli that needed to be used up soon. fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons flour 2 cups 1% low-fat milk 2 ½ cups shredded 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided ½ […] With a slotted spoon or wire skimmer, remove the pasta from the water and transfer to a large bowl. Transfer with a spaghetti scoop or slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. This Cheesy Chicken Pasta dish is just fabulous for a quick and simple meal that is bound to please all the family. This looks so comforting and easy and delicious! LOL! This cheesy chicken broccoli penne is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping. Melt the margarine in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the chicken and onion 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and onions are tender. 2 cups chicken broth 3 cups water 1 16oz bag of pasta shells 4 cups broccoli (or one head of broccoli) This easy chicken … I have to agree with him, it was delicious, and I consider it a go-to meal when I don’t want to be in the kitchen. Add mushrooms with a little … Add the broccoli to the pasta water and blanch briefly. Add the flour then gradually stir in the milk (keep stirring to prevent lumps forming). Our softened onion and garlic will cook right alongside the pasta to ensure that each bite is flavorful! In the same pot, add the butter and melt over medium heat. It’s easy, super cheesy and filled with pasta’s favorite ingredients. In a medium pot, boil the broccoli until softened and set aside Boil a large pot of lightly salted water and add pasta, then drain Add pasta back into the hot/empty pot and add 1 tb of butter, stir until fully melted and pour into a large bowl and set aside while we make the sauce. It’s packed with tons of cheesy, rich flavor. This cheesy chicken broccoli pasta casserole is the perfect recipe for a chaotic night. Combining a creamy, tangy cheese sauce with grilled chicken and fresh Broccoli over Rotini Pasta, it’s going to be your next go-to meal in the dinner rotation. My Newsletter https://www.smartschoolhouse.com/easy-recipe/chicken-and-broccoli-pasta Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta is a dish that is packed with cheesy, rich flavor, loaded with chicken and broccoli. Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. 1 (16 ounces) box penne pasta (or other smaller pasta) 5 to 6 cups chicken broth (5 cups for al dente pasta and 6 cups for softer pasta) 1 cup heavy cream. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes until just slightly underdone (it will continue cooking in the oven). Full of flavour and served all out of the one pot. This is such a great and comforting meal. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. This Cheesy Chicken and Brocolli pasta was so good. This is so easy and bursting with flavor! One small onion, chopped. I made this and I ended up adding a little garlic powder and garlic salt and the kids really loved it! I'm a small town girl from Sunshine State that recently moved to the Memphis area. Typically I would say you could store a pasta dish in the freezer, but the red lentil pasta … © Heidy L. McCallum and The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch, 2021-2013 unauthorized use and duplication of content/ material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. He seems to love all dairy with a passion, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, and milk. Drain well and rinse. I’ve added some broccoli for some greenery but feel free to get creative with your veggie additions! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’m Heidy Linn McCallum the quirky, sometimes nerdy, food history loving, writer, recipe developer, food photographer, and cook around here on The McCallum’s Shamrock Patch Blog.