I also would like some additional crunch so will probably add in some chopped pecans the next time I make this recipe. I used the medium cookie scoop for this recipe because I wanted a little bit larger cookie. Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies - Healthier Steps We are at the halfway point of Cookie Week! Stir in baking chips. Next add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats and combine. When it came down to it I told myself that other people would like it so just do it already. I was also peeved that the recipe failed to specify fresh or dried orange peel; all I had was Penzey's orange peel, so to be safe I only used 1 1/4 tsp, which was plenty. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I bake them very often and some times instead of dried cranberries, I use raisins. Unsweetened coconut flakes and rolled oats turn these into a tasty trail cookie that is perfect for fall hikes, camping and tailgating! Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are a tasty trail cookie, perfect for fall hikes, camping and tailgating! Store in an airtight container at room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 to 4 … These were yummy. Day 4 is here already. If I make these again and only have jumbo eggs I'll maybe add some coconut and/or a little extra oatmeal for some additional density. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cranberry-pecan-oatmeal-cookies I don't like candy chips, so I went heavier on the fruit, keeping the cranberries and raisins, and adding a little over a cup of chopped dates. 1 … I started with melted butter which makes a more moist and compact cookie. Combine the maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil (add this last) and stir together. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and powder. Well the joke’s on me because these cookies are fan-tas-tic! In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. An extra egg yolk beefs up the protein and voila, Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies were born! Bake for 11 minutes and cool on a wire rack. Cranberry Walnut Coconut Oatmeal Cookies. Coconut-Cranberry Cookies Coconut-Cranberry Cookies. Cranberry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies (gluten-free) A childhood favorite, the soft and chewy oatmeal cookie, is transformed into a gluten-free cookie and loaded with coconut, cranberries … Cook for about 12 - 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are a light golden brown. They are dairy free, egg free and gluten-free (if you buy certified gluten-free oats) and can also be made nut free (instructions are given in the recipe). I’ll see you tomorrow for Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies (yep you read that right)! Cream shortening, butter, and the sugars. these were really good-I made a couple changes. Product image 1. Add eggs and vanilla. Add eggs, mixing well. With dry streaks remaining, add the white chocolate chips and craisins and mix until combined. I’d love to see any of the cookies you’ve made this week! These addicting cookies are gluten and grain free, dairy free, paleo, and sure to become your favorite go-to healthy cookie recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. I substituted 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Beat well. Scrape the sides of the bowl halfway through to ensure even … Let cool on a wire rack. I just found my go-to holiday cookie recipe! So instead I omitted raisins all together, used mini chocolate chips, and used a bag of crasins I had in the pantry. Your email address will not be published. Cooking Instructions. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix. Stir in the coconut flakes and cranberries. There is a recipe for each type of cookie (crispy, cakey, chewy, etc) and a chart showing which ingredients are important to that cookie type. I live on bread, tea and chocolate , Copyright © 2020 The Teatime Baker on the Foodie Pro Theme. A note on the sweetener: I typically prefer to use agave nectar in baking because of its mild flavor, but in this recipe, I really enjoyed using honey, and felt like it replaced the brown sugar you’d typically find in oatmeal cookies quite nicely. Preheat the oven to 350°F and then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. They’re essentially white chocolate cranberry … I am not a big fan of dried cranberries and it seemed like a meh cookie to me. How to make it. 1 cup (175g) semisweet chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate) 1/2 cup (60g) dried cranberries (or coarsely chopped tart dried cherries) 1/2 cup (60g) chopped toasted walnuts. Today we’re baking Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. Oops, I also made them larger. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. We started off with this keto coconut macaroons recipe and now we’re gonna head over to something a little tart, a little sweet and a lot YUMMY: Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies! 1 cup rolled oats. 1 cup (2 sticks) butter 1 cup dark brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 large egg 1 large egg yolk 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon almond extract* Oh well, we’ll salute it with a cookie. Keywords: coconut cranberry cookies, oatmeal cookie recipe, tailgate cookies, fall cookies, picnic cookie recipe, cookies for kids, Tag @teatimebaker on Instagram and hashtag it #teatimebaker, Your email address will not be published. Product image 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients to the wet batter and mix for a minute or so. I made this exactly as the recipe stated (after the first batch I had to turn the oven down to about 360). Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. These Cranberry & Coconut Breakfast Cookies have a dense, crunchy and chewy texture and are flecked with beautiful, ruby-red cranberries. Cream butter, add sugars slowly and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture, oats, cranberries, coconut and white chocolate chips and stir with a … Would not make them again. Product image 6. If I would have added the raisins though I probably would have been at 5. These cookies were quite crumbly and did not meet my expectations. In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt. I never like it when a recipe calls for a teaspoon of batter, I always like using a tablespoon. Put both of the sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cranberry-oatmeal-cookies Is it just me or does time seem to fly by these days? I also didn't add the raisins but did add about 1/4 cup more cranberries. The only other thing I adjusted was the size of my cookie. Drop by heaping 1 tbsp about 2 inches apart, onto prepared pans. In medium bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. These cookies were very good. I didn't have raisins, an orange to zest or white baking chips. 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the coconut flakes and cranberries. for 10 minutes and they were just right, although I used a steel pan and an aluminum pan and discovered that the steel pan was better because the cookies didn't spread so much. Put both of the sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. This also ensures that they spread around more evenly and don’t end up in clumps. apart onto greased, 25 Spring Cakes to Make in Your Favorite Bundt Pan, Your Guide to 7 Traditional Hanukkah Foods, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips. Add to butter mixture along with cranberries; stir until combined. Dotted with cranberries, orange zest and vanilla chips, these cookies are so colorful and fun to eat. In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, cinnamon and ginger then stir together. warm, cozy spices with chewy oats and sweet ‘n tart cranberries in the best healthy vegan oatmeal cranberry cookies recipe! From there I added both brown and white sugar since brown sugar also adds moisture to the dough. https://uprootkitchen.com/2012/11/30/oatmeal-cranberry-pecan-cookies A tasty cookie- I might make again. Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Rating: Unrated 0 Ratings. 2 large egg whites egg whites. Preheat oven … Another wonderful thing I found with this recipe besides the taste was that it was all real easy, simple ingredients that most people would have at home and not have to run to the store for. Cream the margarine (or butter) with the sugar until fluffy. 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce. Soft-baked and ultra chewy holiday magic 5 cookies are loaded with white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pecans, coconut, and cinnamon. Welcome to Day 2 of the 2 nd Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! Regular price $23.95. You could definitely substitute other dried fruits for the cranberries. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After reading some of the previous reviews, I decided to substitute dried cranberries for the raisins. Instead of doing rounded teaspoons I did rounded tablespoons so it didn't make as many cookies your yield would make 6 batches (12 cookies per batch) where mine had a yield of 4. I only had jumbo eggs and that may be why I wasn't as thrilled with them as anticipated, as they were super soft. Pour the melted butter in and beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes. I made them with cranberries and dark mini chocolate chips, a bit of coconut. They look lovely on a dessert tray and would be a great addition to your Christmas cookie lineup. I almost didn’t even start this recipe. These cookies are probably my family's favorite. ! I love to take beautiful pictures and develop delicious recipes. Next add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats and combine. They were crunchy outside and soft inside. Product image 5. 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut. Add both sugars and beat the mixture until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Product image 7. The cranberry and white chocolate flavor combination worked very well! This is a very nice holiday cookie! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Remove from … 2 large eggs. Whisk brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Baked at 375? I still had my oven set to 350 and forgot to change it.. but they turned out great anyway. The results were nothing short of spectacular. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix. 1 cup white whole wheat flour. I loved the use of oatmeal in the cookie for added texture. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas, Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Until then, thanks for pinning and sharing. Scoop the dough onto your lined trays with a medium cookie scoop about 2 inches apart. Thanks for helping me keep this blog running! Add the egg and beat well to combine. So because of the taste, easy ingredients, and its adaptability I gave it a five star rating. I'm a Mom, wife, dog mom and photographer. The cookie I wanted was dense and chewy but still soft. I did not care for the raisins in combination with the cranberries so will probably leave those out next time. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Really good! I loved the addition of the orange zest for additional complementary flavor. Instructions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets … Grease 2 baking sheets with butter, oil, or cooking spray. We thought the flavor combination of cranberries, orange and vanilla chips was fantastic! In a new bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients except for the coconut. Product image 4. All in all, these coconut flour oatmeal cookies are about as guilt-free as they come! Ingredients. The base dough for this recipe is excellent. I omitted the vanilla chips as I don't like them. One of the best cookies i've ever tasted. I used pistachios and fresh cranberries. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, kosher salt, and … Beat in vanilla. Learn how your comment data is processed. I just cooked them longer. If I'd had pecans I would definitely have added 1/2 c or so. Great job and thank you so much for sharing. Easy to adapt for your own personal taste or if you don't have some ingredients which is usually really hard and dangerous when it comes to baking. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. I decided to start from that chart and work my way up to the cookie I wanted. Bake … Ingredients. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Stir in the oats, raisins, cranberries and orange zest. In the summer issue of Bake from Scratch magazine they featured a section on how to bake the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Hi, I'm Erin! Preheat oven to 375. Everything else was as is and I liked the way they turned out. Bake until golden but still soft in center, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating halfway through. Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350. They were AMAZING. Oatmeal Cookies with Dark Chocolate, Cranberries, & Coconut Recipe by Our Best Bites. Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links, if you click through one of my links and buy something I make a small commission. A super easy and amazingly delicious recipe for rich, Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies! Tag me @teatimebaker on instagram. In a separate bowl, whisk together, the coconut, oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 1 cup cranberries. No tweaks other than the temperature. I chopped the cranberries into small pieces so that I wouldn’t have to bite into a big chunk and they blend beautifully with the coconut and oatmeal. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Product image 3. Nuts would also be good! Quantity. 2/3 cup (134g) granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter in and beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/oatmeal-cookies-with-coconut-flour Add eggs and vanilla. Add eggs and vanilla then blend well. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press down slightly in the middle of each ball. Heat oven to 375°F. Required fields are marked *. This kind of cookie can easily be a little dry and bland so I wanted to avoid that from the start.