How to Use Vanilla Bean and Orange-Infused Bourbon. So I’m considering making this for someone who loves cinnamon in his coffee and I was wondering: would adding cinnamon to this infusion work or would it overpower the coffee? I prefer bourbon, because it adds a touch of sweetness and heft. Pretty much any whiskey will do. I’m looking forward to it, but I have no idea HOW to drink it. Ooh! The methodology is simple: Make coffee to your liking. Allow bourbon to infuse at room temperature for about 5 days (remove lid and taste after 5 days. Greg, that’s awesome! If it would be ok, how much should be added per batch? And coffee liqueur... who doesn't love a good White or Black Russian? mason jars (if I decide to share and give them as gifts). a delicious drink one that will last and be shared for ages to come so take pride and make today! These look amazing. A lot of coffee liqueur recipes… Bourbon vanilla is rich, dark and creamy with an overwhelming sweet, buttery aroma. 1 Packet of Hot Chocolate (white, dark or regular), Mini Marshmallows, for garnish (optional). Thanks! So, Coffee Bourbon seemed a natural choice! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Our Little Homestead! These infused bourbons look so good, right there with you on all three counts, Chai would be my favorite. No fancy crust mak, Some of my favorite fall recipes perfect for Thank, Well, looks like this Thanksgiving is going to be, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean, cut down the middle, 1 tbsp lemon peel, cut into 1/4" thick strips, about 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp fresh ginger, cut into 1/2" chunks, 1 tbsp orange peel, cut into 1/4" thick strips, about 1/3 orange. I now have some Evan Williams / coffee / vanilla … I prefer Bourbon to Vodka for making vanilla. Directions. , Thanks again Parker! If you are all concerned about the infusion, then please be safe. the cookie spices, coffee (irish coffee anyone? Cheers! Holy moly. You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Lime Vanilla Infused Bourbon in the world. Thanks Heidi! Infuse for about 3 weeks, or until this reaches your desired taste. And coffee liqueur... who doesn't love a good White or Black Russian? This was a very small recipe to begin with (I always have so many infusions going, I keep a lot of them to a minimum) and I agree that this is worthy of making a double, triple, whatever size batch you can. Discover (and save!) I am going to give it a try and I imagine it will have a stronger taste/infuse faster. | Gourmet Veggie Mama, http://1pumplane.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/coffee-liqueur/, Stouthearted: Strawberry, Amaretto, Coffee-infused Bourbon, Oatmeal Stout « Measure & Stir, 10 Infused Drinks You Can Make From Scratch - Crafting a Green World, 11 Favorite Holiday Booze Infusions | Boozed + Infused, Coffee Bourbon & Boozy Mocha Brownies | sweet.salty.sweet, Coffee cake day/beer day, but who cares?! Double strain bourbon through a clean fine mesh strainer into a clean bottle. It’s smooth. There are some people who may tell you that your infusion will only be as good as the quality of alcohol. I hear you on the scientific tastings – that’s a big part of why infusing is fun. It would also be great in my bourbon meatballs appetizer recipe. The final result in my recipe is quite strong on the coffee flavor. Perfect for bourbon chocolate truffles…. I enjoyed it most in a milkshake but also think it would be great with a little brandy, or vanilla vodka and cream. Merry Christmas Alicia. Thanks for the awesome infusion. Do you have a recommended cocktail using the Orange Pecan infused whiskey/bourbon? I hope that helps! It turned out great!! Pour bourbon over pecans and vanilla bean. I remade this infused bourbon in a bigger jar. Once small bubbles form around the edges of the pan and the sugar completely dissolves, take off the heat, add the vanilla bourbon and use immediately or cover and store in the fridge for 2 weeks. Jun 15, 2013 - Coffee... many of us can't imagine a morning without it (I'm certainly one of them). CaJohns Black Cherry Vanilla Bourbon Infused Chipotle Habanero Hot Sauce. Wanna know why? I see some of this in my near future. In a small saucepan, heat half and half and raw sugar over a low heat. CaJohns Fiery Food is an Ohio-based company that specializes in hot sauce, salsas and spice mixes inspired by the flavors of the Gulf Coast and Southwest. Every few days, shake the jar lightly. Infused vodkas, on the other hand, are welcomed whole-heartedly. Bourbon vanilla is rich, dark and creamy with an overwhelming sweet, buttery aroma. Plus, it’s a little bit more personal than just a gift card or generic store bought gift. In saying all of that, I’m a 25 y/o bachelor and with that title comes single-middle-twenties-male-cooking-skills so, it will certainly be an experience. I would suggest making the coffee infusion as the recipe states, then after you have strained everything else out of it, add a small piece of a cinnamon stick (I would try to either break off a piece of a cinnamon stick or cut one in half) and then just leave the piece of cinnamon in for a day or two, until you feel the cinnamon flavor is strong enough. Being paranoid about food safety, this made me think that somehow the mixture was fermenting, but I don’t actually believe that’s possible given the alcohol content. Remove from heat and add the mixture to a 32-oz Mason jar. Thanks for visiting my food blog aka my sanity and safe haven :). You may want to shorten the infusion time. One of the more, shall we say, interesting flavors is the black cherry vanilla bourbon infused … Ingredients Step 1. ½ part Simple Syrup Store in refrigerator when not in use. We knew we wanted to do a coffee liqueur, but took some time trying to decide exactly how we would do it. But I think your better bourbons may be enjoyed more on their own. You should have a total of 5 jars. I love nearly anything in bourbon, but am particularly fond of cherry bourbon… I had used a 1/2 cup of Blue Bottle Decaf Noir, which is a medium roast, along with a whole vanilla bean split down the middle and the brown sugar. Good basic recipe. My grandfather would love this. Thanks to our signature spirit-infused process, you can enjoy the sweet taste of barrel-aged bourbon any time of day. For the chai spice whiskey, I use a whole chai spice blend which you can buy on amazon (affiliate link). Every little grain was a perfect blend of caramel, bourbon and vanilla… CaJohns Fiery Food is an Ohio-based company that specializes in hot sauce, salsas and spice mixes inspired by the flavors of the Gulf Coast and Southwest. The caramel crunchy raw sugar had soaked up all the bourbon and vanilla flavours. It doesn’t seem like enough bourbon? How I serve Fig Infused Bourbon: For a kick of vanilla, I stir in a bit of vanilla bean paste (¼-½ teaspoon) per 1½ ounce drink. It adds nice flecks to the extract. My wife (who is normally a teetotaler) saw a dessert cocktail on a restaurant menu that called for "coffee-infused bourbon" and she wanted to try it. So I tried this infusion and it came out great! Remove from heat and add the mixture to a 32-oz Mason jar. Give this a try with the bourbon and see what you think. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Vanilla infused bourbon recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. A lot of coffee liqueur recipes call for vodka, lots of sugar, instant coffee or brewed coffee, etc. Add in lemonade and top with ginger ale. And for all lovers of bourbon out there, I thought we would make it easy on you and compile a list of all of the bourbon infusions for which we have posted recipes to date. Bourbon and vanilla swirled around me. December 13, 2018 by Wine a Little Cook A Lot 8 Comments. I would try to dry out the beans, but probably not as long in the oven as the peanuts. Enjoy as desired. Strain and filter through cheesecloth, jelly bag (if desired) and finally coffee filters. I just bottled this fantastic recipe for a Christmas gift. So delicious. Do you have a favorite cocktail make with it? On the other hand, most self-respecting bourbon drinkers order this old-fashioned liquor poured “just the way God made it.” Lightly rinse the cracked coffee … Spice: vanilla! Rosemary-Infused … Love these infusion ideas but I swear there were drunk recipes on here for each infusion, do you still have those per chance? Cheers~. I also can’t imagine some type of fermentation or reaction considering the amount of alcohol. Add whiskey to your liking. (self.build-the-bottle) submitted 2 hours ago by build-the-bottle Lime Vanilla Infused Bourbon Recipe D.I.Y. Get Boozed + Infused’s Coffee Bourbon recipe. This is one of many infused whiskey I enjoy around the house. Cheers~. Learn how to cook great Vanilla infused bourbon . I hate to say it, but I usually like to err on the safe side. We took a metal muddler and smashed the beans until they were gently crushed (see photo). Garnish with bourbon soaked coffee … Pecan Infused Bourbon Recipe D.I.Y. Infused vodkas, on the other hand, are welcomed whole-heartedly. Cinnamon infuses very quickly and strong into infusions (as does coffee). Personal Favorites: I generally infuse Jim Beam. This one is 64 ounces but as you can see, I didn’t fill it all the way. Top with whiskey. That sounds awesome! I’m totally inspired by your recipes… Sorry if this is a dumb question but if you double or triple the amount of bourbon your going to use, do you double or triple everything else accordingly? You still have a slight Bourbon … You should do a few posts about basic techniques for infusing, liek the one you did about straining – bottling and storing and stuff maybe. And because this bourbon is a bit more viscous than straight bourbon, I like to serve it with a few ice cubes. Could the bubbles just have been air releasing from the ingredients? A lot of coffee liqueur recipes… Thanks! Strain and filter through cheesecloth, jelly bag (if desired) and finally coffee filters. Oh yummy yum yum. May 20, 2020 - Coffee... many of us can't imagine a morning without it (I'm certainly one of them). I would use more chocolate, and maybe try to do it like a chocolate bar or bark. Vanilla infused bourbon recipe. Infusing at home with inspiring and seasonal ingredients. Place whiskey in glass over ice. Haha! I realize this response is long overdue. That is strange that your infusion soaked into the coffee so much. A Quick and simple way to infused your basic whiskey into a classy, tasty dram. 2 vanilla beans (split down the middle) + 8 ounces dried or … In general, we like to use less sugar in our recipes and wanted to incorporate a different booze. (It’s also great made with rum.) Lime Vanilla Infused Bourbon Recipe D.I.Y. If you plan on making all 5 flavors, that will equal out to 1 handle (1.75 L) of whiskey. If it ends up too strong, just add more booze after you have strained it. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. 16 large ice cubes 1 C vanilla-infused bourbon (see recipe) 2 oz simple syrup (see recipe) 8 dashes Angostura bitters . But really it is a matter of personal preference. With dark brown sugar, espresso, and vanilla notes, this infusion begs to be added to a boozy milkshake. Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans are well suited for many baking recipes… Coffee… many of us can’t imagine a morning without it (I’m certainly one of them). I also think it would be great mixed with a little brandy or even a vanilla vodka (if you’re into that), perhaps a splash of cream. Hi Emily, I am afraid I do not know about the bubbles. We knew we wanted to do a coffee liqueur, but took some time trying to decide exactly how we would do it. Let me know if you try it. Feel free to use a larger jar if you want to make bigger portions to give or for yourself. How to Make Infused Bourbon Add the infusion ingredients, pour over the bourbon, seal the lid, and let sit in a cool dark place for about two weeks or longer. Maybe eventually we can inspire you to do an infusion. Did you find a cocktail you liked? Looking at the recipie and it says 11/4 cup bourbon to 1/4 cup of beans etc am I reading this correctly? good, you won’t be sorry. I made one bottle for a friend who drank it as it was, in a glass, neat – and she loved it. So good! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Any ideas of a cocktail or whatever that it’d be good in? This recipe shows how to marry the two in a coffee-infused bourbon that is ideal for many whiskey cocktails. Yes, I think it would work great. I made this a couple of weeks ago, so it should be ready to try soon. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. 2 parts Cold Press Coffee. Garnish with bourbon soaked coffee beans if desired. Let cool, seal and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Evenly pour about 1.5 cups of whiskey over ingredients in each mason jar. It’s bold. Honestly, you can use this vanilla bean and orange infused bourbon in the same way you’d use regular bourbon. Next time it will be the bourbon version, though…here’s the report: http://1pumplane.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/coffee-liqueur/, Pingback: Stouthearted: Strawberry, Amaretto, Coffee-infused Bourbon, Oatmeal Stout « Measure & Stir, Pingback: Holiday Fun Time! If you aren't making these for gifts, just keep them in the larger jars or other airtight container. I love DIY gifts…they save you a ton of money and I always love seeing people’s faces light up when I tell them, “I made that :)”. Categories: Infusion, Liqueur, Recipes | Tags: Bourbon, brown sugar, coffee, Liqueur, recipe, vanilla | Permalink. Lime Vanilla Infused Bourbon Recipe D.I.Y. But I think that adding it after everything else has infused will allow you to isolate that flavor and get the result you want.) Thank you! We are also going to try this same recipe with brandy. Preheat a water bath to 160°F (71.1°C). (self.build-the-bottle) submitted 18 minutes ago by build-the-bottle Vanilla Infused Bourbon Recipe D.I.Y. Let cool, seal and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. vanilla, bourbon, sugar, coffee, liquor, orange Baby Back Ribs with Sticky BBQ Sauce & Slaw Pork apple cider vinegar, pork back ribs, green onions, red pepper flakes and 35 more You now have no reason to look any further! | Gourmet Veggie Mama. I like making between 4 and 5 different flavors of infused whiskey because it makes a really cute gift set of assorted flavors and you can put them in mini mason jars. I think the coffee would be very weak as the alcohol is pulling most of the flavor out of the beans. You can use the whiskey in a drink recipe or it’s perfectly delicious by itself on the rocks. Life is very good with a jar of this around the house. Two of your favorite flavors have finally come together. Hey Guys and Gals, Are you Looking for an awesome Lime Vanilla Infused Bourbon Recipe? Do you think it would work? Keep in mind that cinnamon flavor can mellow a bit over time as well. Wow, this looks amazing! The batch is a success (but I had no doubts). ( Log Out /  DIY infused whiskey bourbon is perfect for your whiskey loving friends, or if you’re like me, it’s a little treat-yo-self Christmas gift. If you prefer not to use alcohol for the Vanilla Bourbon recipe, 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract is a decent replacement. your own Pins on Pinterest Chocolate Covered Orange (Yardbird, Miami) At the Southern-focused restaurant and bar in Miami, 50 Eggs beverage director Josh Holliday created three spirit-forward infusions (applewood bacon, banana and dark chocolate) that preserve the integrity of the booze … Be sure to make this! The coffee and chai spice whiskeys only take about 1 day or so to infuse. DIY infused whiskey bourbon: lemon ginger, vanilla chai, apple cinnamon and coffee make perfect homemade holiday gifts for friends/whiskey lovers. ( Log Out /  Last year I made cordials, Cherry of course, but my favorite – Blackberry, Blueberry, and Vanilla Bean Cordial. Directions. After infusing, you’ll want to taste test the whiskey every couple of days to see if it’s at your desired flavor. You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Pecan Infused Bourbon in the world. Happy infusing! Your site is excellent. 2 oz Coffee Liquor (such as Tia Maria or Kahlua), 1 oz Irish Cream Liquor (such as Bailey’s), Bourbon soaked coffee beans, for garnish (optional). I used rum for a batch, and we didn’t like it very much. Pingback: Coffee-Bourbon « boydrinksworld, Pingback: Bourbon, Bourbon, Infused Bourbon! Once small bubbles form around the edges of the pan and the sugar completely dissolves, take off the heat, add the vanilla bourbon and use immediately or cover and store in the fridge for 2 weeks. Thank you so much for your idea, not only for the gift idea I’m sure will please, but also with the syrup. Coffee bourbon is the best of both worlds. Feb 4, 2016 - Coffee... many of us can't imagine a morning without it (I'm certainly one of them). We knew we wanted to do a coffee liqueur, but took some time trying to decide exactly how we would do it. Prepper Series - How to Dry Can Beans and Rice (This controls bugs and larvae in food stores) - Duration: 26:33. It’s made with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, clove and black pepper. Hi there! You can really go with anything here, as the coffee flavor will be quite strong. As with any alcohol infusions, … Cheers~, Pingback: Coffee cake day/beer day, but who cares?! This is a “must try”! Read More…, Thanks for visiting my blog! I chose whole beans that I lightly crushed because I thought the result would be a fresher coffee flavor. It’s in the recipe card along with the other flavors . What kind/brand of bourbon do you recommend for this recipe? Thanks! ), chocolate, nuts. In a mixing glass, combine simple syrup, bitters, and infused bourbon. The coffee bourbon recipe is very strong, but I really liked it that way. We used to make this in my dorm in 6 gallon batches using vodka, but more or less the same recipe letting it steep 2 months. Amber Wilson. or as I stated above, the cherry Manhattan. I didn’t get my hands on any chamomile flowers, so I used chamomile tea instead, which turned out to be caffinated. Add the coffee beans, seal the container and shake well. I prefer Bourbon to Vodka for making vanilla. Many people agree that using a top shelf alcohol is a bit of a waste in infusions (especially if they are infused for a long period, and are taking on quite a bit of other flavor). My wife (who is normally a teetotaler) saw a dessert cocktail on a restaurant menu that called for "coffee-infused bourbon" and she wanted to try it. Whereas bourbon … Hi Amy, I personally like the orange pecan bourbon just on the rocks but you could add a splash of ginger ale, or even cream soda would be delicious . I still have 1/2 cup of bourbon infused coffee beans, which I intend to dry and use in a cake/muffin recipe or coat with chocolate!