(I do this step by snipping the end off of a disposable piping bag and filling with buttercream). Chill the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes or refrigerator for 20 minutes. Hallelujah! I’m so excited to share these crispy baked tostones with you! (*If you prefer working with boxed mixes, you can substitute your favorite white or vanilla doctored recipe, like our White Almond Sour Cream Cake, etc.). (#2 on the Kitchenaid) for 1 to 2 minutes. How to make an Oreo Cake. Sometimes, you need a healthy make-ahead breakfast. Overall, this dish is entirely irresistible. Preheat oven to 340F. Next, I piped a dam of buttercream frosting about 1/4 inch from the edge of the bottom layer and filled with our Oreo Whipped Cream Filling. My dad was a stickler about it and my brother and I drank milk with dinner every night as kids. If you enjoy sweet potato casserole, I’m confident you’ll love this marshmallow-free version. Your email address will not be published. Super delicious! Trusted recipes for chocolate cake, white cake, banana cakes, and carrot cakes with photos and tips from home cooks. This sweet potato casserole features an ultra creamy, pillowy interior with deep sweet potato flavor. These baked tostones are a fun little project. Yolks make cookies rich, and whites cause cookies to puff and dry out. Enter your email below and receive a weekly update of new video tutorials, recipes and more. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just few crumbs attached. Blend in the vanilla. The vanilla cake in this recipe is beyond fluffy and delicious. This will help eliminate air pockets in the buttercream. This is in preparation of our Our Whipped Cream Filling. In the bowl of your mixer, add the butter and mix at medium speed until smooth. Leftovers are good for lunch, too. But for this recipe, it all starts with the cookie dough. xo. Traditional tostones are fried green plantains, flattened and fried again until they’re golden and crispy. Line the bottom of a nine-inch springform pan with a bit of parchment paper. I’m still polling my dad, brothers and husband for their favorite items, so I’ll try to add a section geared toward the guys soon. You can stop mixing anywhere from medium soft to firm peak stage. 33 Egg White Recipes: Cookies, Cakes, Cocktails, and More Delicious Uses for Egg Whites The Editors of Epicurious 5/29/2020. This recipe makes a soft, chewy cookie that your family will gobble up in a hurry! Fold in the Oreo crumbs. Eggnog Cake with Eggnog Buttercream- A Scratch Recipe, click here to Subscribe without commenting, 1 1/2 sticks (170g) unsalted butter, softened ( holds it shape but dents when pressed). Preheat the oven 15-20 minutes to 350 degrees, grease and flour three 8×2 inch round pans, adding a circle of parchment paper in the bottom of each pan. Thanks!” – Louise. We will complete her chemo regimen and hope that her little body will stay in remission for a long, long time. We love it with Oreo Whipped Cream Filling. Whisk to blend. We hope that you enjoy this Cookies and Cream cake recipe! Oh yeah this cake was show stopper!! Thank you. This is just a matter of combining equal parts (by weight) of semi-sweet or dark chocolate and heavy cream. Since it offers some protein and vegetables, it’s a great way to help balance those delicious carb-heavy treats, like muffins and pancakes. … If desired, beat in food coloring. (I do this step by snipping the end off of a disposable piping bag and filling with buttercream). SHARE. Creamy feta or goat cheese rounds it all out. Enough to frost a two layer 8 or 9 inch cake. Discover our selection of all-time favourite bakes. As an optional step, we used a quick and easy two-ingredient ganache drip. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Add half of the powdered sugar and most of the milk. You can find the joining details here: Joining Information for My Cake School. Baking soda reacts quickly with acidic ingredients (such as brown sugar) to create lots of gas bubbles. Gently fold the Oreo Crumbs into the whipped cream filling until well combined- yum! This healthy breakfast casserole is the perfect addition to a holiday breakfast spread. Stir until you've reached a silky smooth consistency. Try different cake mixes to change up the flavor. Thanks so much for your feedback. To develop this recipe, I followed my foolproof frittata formula. Pop this into a 350ºF oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cookie is nice and golden brown. Whats better than a cookie and a cake, combined into dessert perfection? Leave … Hello! You’ll start baking all kinds of treats into your cakes! I’m sharing my annual holiday gift guide to help you find the good stuff. 1 1/4 cups (296g) buttermilk — if you do not have buttermilk, see substitution below, 10 Oreos, crushed (109g) (crush cookies in food processor or plastic bag crushed with rolling pin), 1 cup (232g) cold, heavy cream or whipping cream, 5 (55g) Oreo cookies, crushed (put cookies in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pin or food processor), 2 sticks (226g) unsalted butter, slightly softened but cool to the touch and holding it's shape. Do not mix above medium speed or over mix the cake batter. What made it most fun was my 3 year old grandson stealing apple slices from the cutting board as I sliced the apples can’t wait to try some of your other recipes! Turn on some music, build a fire or light some candles, throw some spices and wine in a pot, and embrace the holiday season. When ready to assemble the cake, add the bottom cake layer to a cake base or pedestal. Want to make edible holiday gifts this year? If you are making a smaller amount of ganache, you will reduce the microwave time. The holiday season is here! TWEET. Accessibility Policy ⋄ Comment Policy ⋄ Nutrition Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Privacy Policy, Subscribe to our newsletter! In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 30 seconds. If your buttercream is too thin, add more sugar. I’m so excited to share these crispy baked tostones with you! You’ll see it done over and over again in recipes like my meringue cookies, angel food cake, and even whipped cream. I hit pause on my post and fired up the oven. Thank you so much for your support since sharing Cookie’s lymphoma diagnosis last month. Next, we folded in our Oreo Crumbs (we placed our Oreos in a food processor for this step). I got a hankering for some tostones a few months ago and decided to learn how to make them. I discovered tostones a few years ago when I visited Costa Rica with my grandmother. After a few hours or overnight, frost the cake as usual. Cream the (slightly softened) butter until smooth. I used mini Oreos for decoration on top of the cake, as well as piped stars of buttercream using a Wilton 8B french tip. If your chocolate hasn't melted after the 1 1/2 minutes recommended in the instructions, simply microwave in small 10-15 second increments until it has nearly completely melted. Always free • Unsubscribe anytime. Add in the whole egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 30 seconds until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. After learning how to bake cookie dough into a layer cake, the options are endless. Let’s make some. Here are our best cookie cakes for an extra sweet treat that tastes incredible. I loaded this one up with fresh veggies and greens instead, including red bell pepper, green onion and spinach. We asked several L.A.-area pastry chefs and cooks to contribute their favorite holiday cookies. I’ve encountered a few mulled wines over the years that tasted like sweet potpourri, but not this recipe. June is Diary Month so of course it’s the perfect time to celebrate milk with a fun Milk and Cookies Cake. It’s really that simple. I’m serious! Hello! We would love to have you! If you give it a try, we would love to hear what you think! Top with the final cake layer and fill in any gaps between the cake layers by piping in a little extra buttercream. Beat at medium speed until the powdered sugar is incorporated. ****If using a perishable filling like we are, you will need to settle the cake in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature. Milk and Cookies Layer Cake Recipe. However, if you’re craving more chocolate, the Chocolate Buttercream recipe is a great choice also, as is our Oreo Buttercream recipe or Classic Cream Cheese Frosting. Let’s cozy up with some mulled wine. The buttery pecan topping is crunchy-tender and lightly sweet, with optional fresh rosemary. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "af10c4b435410f34eac856a4678ca844" );document.getElementById("c0dd21faf0").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. By the way, when making Oreo crumbs for recipes, there is no need to remove the cream filling in the cookies (thank goodness)! My guests were offering to take home any leftovers, if I should need to get it off my hands!!! Microwave for 30 seconds more and when the chocolate has melted almost completely, allow it to sit for 1 minute more before stirring. This is a lightened-up dish that seems more indulgent than it really is. Find these and so many more in our Chocolate Cake Roundup! (If the ganache is too warm, it will travel further down the cake–just allow to cool for several minutes until the drip travels more slowly– I also apply my drips to freshly chilled cakes. Stir in the chocolate chips. {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"30","openAnimation":false,"exitAnimation":false,"timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"30","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}. The texture will become very smooth. Please try them and let me know what you think. You can stop mixing anywhere from medium soft to firm peak stage. Adjust to taste. Beat all the frosting ingredients together until smooth, adding milk as needed. Store cooled cookies in a freezer safe airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months. If you don’t like sweet potato casserole, this recipe will change your mind. Copyright © 2020 My Cake School. The links in this post are affiliate links, which means I’ll get a small commission if you purchase through my links (at no cost to you). I’ve sworn for years that I only like savory sweet potatoes, but I’m officially eating my words. How many servings can this recipe get? You could almost call them Caribbean French fries, and I couldn’t get enough on that trip. You don’t need a ton of dairy to achieve a lovely, luxurious texture. If you would like to learn about cake decorating, hop over to our Free Tutorials Section. In another bowl, add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Cake was moist, the filling fabulous and frosting perfect. Thaw on counter overnight (in container). Can’t wait to try it! Divide batter between your pans. EMAIL. Love Chocolate? It’s easy to make, colorful and delicious! I cook fresh, vegetarian recipes. Add the cream to the bowl, mix at med to high speed. I usually mix until firm peak (peaks that sand straight up when pulling the beater out of the bowl). 1. Place into a piping … If the consistency is too thick, add a bit more milk. Applying the frosting: I applied a thin crumb coat of frosting to the cake, firmed it up in the freezer for about 15 minutes (optional), and then proceeded to apply the final coat of frosting. This sweet potato casserole is for everyone, even the people who don’t like sweet potato casserole. If chocolate is not your favorite, the recipe can be changed by using a lemon cake mix with the pudding in the mix. Memberships are $30/year and will give you access to every video we’ve made for as long as you are a member. I’m thrilled to share that Cookie’s oncologist declared full remission last week. Gradually add the sugar and continue to mix on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes until lightened in color and fluffy. Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth. It’s fruity and spiced, but the wine still shines through. (Times may vary, see our note below). Today's cake is different than my popular Chocolate Oreo Cake Recipe because this one involves Oreo cookies… Commercial photographer Lauren Pusateri heard about Cookie’s diagnosis and invited us to her amazing Kansas City studio. Milk and Cookies Cake. There are only four ingredients and I have most of them in my pantry or refrigerator at all times -- no hunting for exotic ingredients! 2 tsp. Carefully remove cookie cake from bottom pan; transfer to serving platter. Put that altogether and it’s an A+. Cookies and Cups is a dessert and everyday food website with tons of cookie recipes, brownies recipes, cake recipes, and chicken recipes! Cake flour substitute:  Using all purpose flour — for each cup of flour in a recipe, remove 2 Tablespoons and replace with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour in the UK). Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients (3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of liquid). I know it will, because it changed mine. Today we are sharing a moist Cookies and Cream Cake with Oreo Whipped Cream Filling. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large … We had a blast and I will treasure these forever! *Microwave times may vary. Remove and stir. I use cake strips on my pans for more even baking as well. Traditional tostones are fried green plantains, flattened and fried again until they’re golden and crispy. Plus it looks Amazing. Finally, I added my ganache drip around the top edge of the cake, and then spooned on and spread additional ganache on top. Bake the cakes on the middle rack for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the center of the cakes is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can actually read all about what that means and the results it yields in this article on The Cake Blog. To settle your cake tier, wrap the unfrosted, filled cake with plastic wrap and then place a weight of some sort on top. As it turns out, baked tostones are great. Hi Shauna, You should have 12 to 14 servings, Your email address will not be published. Place your chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. For the outside frosting, we decided to use our Classic Vanilla Buttercream frosting which is quick, easy, and delicious. They’re especially wonderful with a bold and creamy dipping sauce. If you’re shopping for gifts, don’t miss my 2020 holiday gift guide. If garnishing with a chocolate ganache drip, chill the cake … To apply the ganache drip, I spooned the ganache into a disposable piping bag with the tip snipped away, creating a small opening so that I could more easily create the drip around the edges. Thank you for supporting Cookie and Kate. Here are a few great options: See you tomorrow. Or, if you are interested in accessing our entire collection of hundreds of cake decorating tutorials, you should consider becoming a member of My Cake School! This year, we’re kicking things off with my favorite affordable gifts. 6-7 cups (690-805 grams) powdered sugar (depending on desired consistency. Required fields are marked *. Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Once it was cut….it was all over but the oohs and aahs. To make the finish on the frosted cake extra smooth, I frosted the final coat and then smoothed over it with a hot bench scraper (which I ran under very hot water). You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment. You can click here to Subscribe without commenting. Loaded with Oreos, buttercream icing, chocolate, sprinkles. Compared to fried tostones, they’re easier to make, use less oil, and yield a crisp result that tastes more like plantains and less like oil. My dog, Cookie, catches the crumbs. Watch the Oreo cake video in the recipe … Add the next Cookies an Cream Cake layer, and repeat. Stay well, eat well! 3 cups (342g) cake flour (spooned into measuring cup and leveled off) If you do not have cake flour see substitution in Notes below. Make them for game days, afternoon snacks, or of course, serve them as a side dish with Caribbean meals. Hooray! Do not mix beyond firm peak, after that point it will have a grainy appearance. Crumb coat the entire cake with a thin layer of the Oreo buttercream This recipe has 3 cups flour - using all purpose  flour, measure out 3 cups, remove 6 Tablespoons and replace with 6 Tablespoons cornstarch. If you love finding new cake recipes, don’t miss our full collection of tried and true cake and frosting recipes from our Recipes Section! For our cookies and cream cake, we folded Oreo cookie crumbs into our Vanilla Cake batter and divided between three prepared 8 inch cake pans and baked. Filed Under: Blog Tutorials, Cakes and Cupcakes, Recipes. Add the whipped topping and the crushed chocolate cookies. 6 oz (171g) Chocolate (Semi-sweet or Dark) We used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips. The best quick and easy tiered no bake Oreo cookies and cream cake recipe, also known as cookie tower cake, homemade with simple ingredients. Cupcakes, celebration cakes, muffins, and brownies – we've got something for every occasion, including gluten-free and low fat recipes. I have a few more Thanksgiving recipes lined up for you! Leave comments and photos below! vanilla (8 grams), use clear imitation vanilla if you like a whiter frosting, 1/4 c. (60g) whole milk or more if needed. © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. Bake for 20-25 minutes or … This moist Cookies and Cream Layer Cake is so delicious! In a large bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to reach piping consistency. See the best cake recipes. It features…drumroll please…four layers of soft, dense devil’s food cake, three layers of buttercream mixed with chopped Oreo cookies, and an outer coating of frosting with real cookie crumbs mixed … Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 mins or until light golden brown. Melissa Diamond. Gluten free and easily vegan (see recipe notes), “I’ve made this twice now with a mixture of apples from a co-Workers apple orchard. Fill and frost the cake layers with vanilla buttercream. Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. @Lori- I’m so happy that you made the cake and loved it! Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Our free email newsletter delivers new recipes and special Cookie + Kate updates! Cake mix cookies stay soft and chewy if stored properly, for up to one week. All rights reserved. Settling the Cake: Settling the cake is an optional step, but it is a helpful way to ensure that your cake doesn’t develop frosting bulges around the sides over time. Pipe around edge of cookie cake. Pour heavy cream over the chocolate and place in the microwave for 1 minute. They are great also! When the mixture begins to thicken, add the powdered sugar and vanilla. More sugar=more crusting). I’d be thrilled to find this option alongside bagels and cream cheese. This is an eggless recipe that’s comprised of the usual cookie … I hope it’s a big hit at your Thanksgiving table. If you’ve ever felt intimidated by seeing those words in a recipe, now is the time to hone your skill. Whether you’re serving a crowd or trying to ease busy weekday mornings, this breakfast casserole is just the ticket. As I was typing up my perfected skillet-fried tostones technique to share with you, a little voice in my head asked, “Why didn’t you try baking them?”. Nothing! Below, you’ll find a collection of healthy seasonal recipes to carry us through December. SHARE. I love this recipe. Add the eggs one at a time mixing until the yellow of the yolk disappears. Set aside.. SHARE. Thaw on countertop. I slow down the mixer to very slow. SHARE. How to bake cookie dough into a layer cake. We made it to December, and life is looking up. Cake mix - This recipe uses a basic white cake mix. Stir until well-combined and set aside. I couldn’t pick just one photo to share, so here are several. You’ve shared webinars, supplements and nutrition resources, and the kindest of sentiments. 1/2 teaspoon salt (3g) to cut the sweetness (preferably fine grain or popcorn salt). When the mixture begins to thicken, add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Add 1 and 1/4 cups chocolate chips and mix for about 5 seconds until evenly disbursed. Speculoos, Lotus, Biscoff, Heaven On A Spoon- no matter what you call cookie butter- you need to make this cake. Lauren, thank you so much. Affiliate details ». https://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookie-cake-233825 About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. You have carried us through a difficult time. This weight should not be a crushing weight–just something that will apply a light, steady pressure- like a couple of cake pans, a book, etc. SHARE . Place Oreos in a ziploc bag or between two sheets of waxed paper and crush with a rolling pin. Add remaining powdered sugar and milk and mix at medium speed another 3 to 4 minutes scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. The purpose of creating a “dam” of buttercream for our softer cake fillings is to keep the filling contained so that it will not escape from the sides of the cake as you begin stacking your cake layers. *If baking in 9 inch pans, bake 25-30 minutes. I know this year will feel different, but I’m looking forward to festivities on a smaller scale. Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke at least 3 rows of 4 holes in the cooked cake, making 12 holes total. Since discovering cookie butter a few years ago – I honestly don’t remember my life before it- I’ve added a bunch of recipes to my site like this cookie butter babka, this cookie butter fudge, and these cookie … Add the cream to the bowl, mix at med to high speed. In a large bowl, add the packet of cookies and cream pudding mix and the milk and whisk until there are no lumps. https://divascancook.com/homemade-cookies-n-cream-cake-recipe-oreo This mulled wine is for wine lovers. All rights reserved | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy, Elegant Vintage Buttercream Piping- A Cake Video Tutorial ». If so, you’re just fifteen minutes away from mulled wine. Heat in the microwave in small increments, stirring a bit as you go, until the mixture is melted an well combined. Add the next Cookies an Cream Cake layer, and repeat. I’ve always associated mulled wine with holiday parties, but a single batch is perfect for two to four people.