Calories: 210 kcal. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the edge of the bread starts to pull away from the pan. Helpful (37) Snowflake Rating: 5 stars 01/17/2012. This Easy Homemade Corn Bread recipe uses fine cornmeal cutting out the need to soak. MIX INs: If making a variation of the cornbread, add the mix in ingredients listed above at this step. They are freezer friendly, so feel free to double the batch. The result is a light, moist and delicious cornbread. For a savory cornbread, leave these ingredients out. 30 min. This recipe yields a light and fluffy gluten free, dairy free cornbread. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I didn't like cornbread very much until I found this recipe. USE IT FOR A THANKSGIVING GATHERING OR JUST FOR EVERY DAY. We make it all of the time. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Pour the batter into the tin, scatter over the last of the sweetcorn and bake for 45-50 mins until risen … Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Easy Buttermilk Cornbread with a hint of honey is the perfect side to chili's, soups or stews! This Super Moist Cornbread recipe is the only way to go if you’re a cornbread lover! … Make the recipe as-is and then decide. You’ll love it for the holidays, but you can enjoy it any time of year. This classic buttermilk cornbread recipe has a … The batter should be visibly lumpy; do not overmix. Top cornbread recipes. Carefully, remove skillet from the oven. Grease 23cm/9in square baking pan with melted butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Total Time: 30 mins. This Buttermilk Cornbread recipe is sweet, moist, and so easy to make. Easy cornbread muffins 123 reviews . With this cookbook, you’re never more than a few steps away from a down home dinner. I also used canola oil instead of the vegetable oil. It makes the cornbread more like a true “comfort food”. DON"T EVER THINK OF USING A BOXED RECIPE. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Buttermilk cornbread has a few simple ingredients and is done in less than 30 minutes. Quick and easy! Grease and lightly flour an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. This recipe works great as muffins. Recipe … Very moist, great texture, and just the right amount of sweetness. BY THE TIME YOUR OVEN PRE HEATS, THE INGREDIENTS ARE MIXED AND READY TO BE PLACED IN THE OVEN!! Pour in the melted butter and stir to incorporate into the batter until just combined (be careful not to … People will love that you made this from scratch. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/7192/real-southern-cornbread Easy Buttermilk Cornbread. When you think of classic Southern side dishes, cornbread is sure to be near the top of the list! Suberb! I HAVE MADE THIS RECIPE MANY TIMES AND EACH TIME IT WAS MADE, PEOPLE WANTED THE RECIPE. Congrats! If you like sweet cornbread, this is the recipe for you! Great with chili, roast chicken, turkey, pork, soups, stews, or even jams and jellies. What to serve with cornbread: Chili Beef And Guinness Stew Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Fantastic accompaniment to soup or stew or beans or even makes a great breakfast! This is a great recipe to make cornbread stuffing. After reading some of the previous reviews I cut the sugar to 1/2 cup and the baking powder to 2 tsp. Likewise, those who prefer it sweet feel their version is correct. This cornbread recipe can easily be turned into muffins! This Easy Cornbread recipe is now a staple in our house. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf … It’s a perfect vegan baked good for making with kids, or making an easy side dish for your chili. The muffins baked well and tasted good... not extraordinary... but good. Total Cost: $1.51 recipe / $0.19 serving. *****This recipe gets a 5 Star rating from MontanaRecipes*****. Easy Buttermilk Cornbread … Sometimes we just make a pan of cornbread because we are craving cornbread. Pour batter into prepared pan. The only other minor change I make is I use a medium grind cornmeal that is a little more course. In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. This easy homemade cornbread recipe has crispy edges, a tender and moist crumb, and lots of flavor thanks to buttermilk and brown sugar. These homemade Southern cornbread muffins are moist, fluffy, and easy to make from scratch. I am not a huge fan of making cornbread as a round or square cake shape… they just are too messy that way. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cornbread doesn’t have to be plain! This recipe will make a 9 × 9 cornbread. I've also replaced the vegetable oil with melted butter, which works very well. Find classic cornbread recipes using cornmeal, plus easy cornbread muffins, cornbread with sweetcorn, spicy cheese and jalapeno cornbread and much more. Grease and lightly flour an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan. Yield: 9 pieces. *Side note: I dont understand why people change the recipe and take away stars from their rating based on that. Heat oven to 400 degrees. You saved Golden Sweet Cornbread to your. 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners ... A good recipe for people who don't like corn bread. This is excellent cornbread! Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add ⅔ cup milk and mix until well blended. I use 1/3 c. white and 1/3 c. brown sugar, and I let the cornmeal soak in the milk for 10-15 minutes before mixing with the other ingredients. This is the best cornbread ever!!! Easy recipe for homemade cornbread from scratch! In a separate bowl or measuring cup, combine the half and half, eggs, melted butter, and honey and sugar if using. Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake the cornbread immediately. By using The Spruce Eats, you accept our, Cornbread With Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn, 24 Cornbread Recipes That Go With Everything, Whole Grain Cornbread Muffins With Variations, Polish Sweet or Savory Crepes (Thin Naleśniki). This is THE best cornbread recipe. Cool for about 10 minutes, then remove ​it from the pan. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. It’s the first new recipe post of 2019! These deliciously moist muffins are quick to make. Let it cool for 5 more minutes on a rack, and serve as soon as possible. I halved the recipe for a 9 inch square pan, this baked for exactly 38 mins. Print Pin Rate. And I’m so excited to be bringing it to you. Grease 8 or 9 in pan. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. We love topping a big piece of warm cornbread with butter and a drizzle of honey! Instructions. If people get to talking about cornbread for long enough, the discussion will inevitably turn to the question of whether cornbread ought to be sweet or savory (which just means unsweetened). See this recipe in my Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Beginners meal plan. Making homemade Cornbread Muffins. Keep reading for the easy homemade cornbread recipe from scratch. Jalapeno Cornbread Muffin 00:39. Made this as-written and it was delicious! Ingredients. What to serve with cornbread: Chili Beef And Guinness Stew Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I can add a 1/2 t. vanilla. Well, needles to say, you'd sure be hard pressed to come up with a better cornbread recipe. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (It's still sweet) Delicious with butter and honey on it. Set aside. Brush the canola oil onto the bottom and sides of the skillet. I did cut down on the sugar a little. Info. People who favor savory cornbread insist that it is the only way to make it. Easy Buttermilk Cornbread . *****This recipe gets a 5 Star rating from MontanaRecipes*****. For something in between, use less of the sweeteners, or choose just one. A perfect Easy Buttermilk Cornbread recipe…right there. Servings: 8. Cornbread is light and fluffy, but somewhat crumbly. This was AMAZING. Look no further!! Now Playing . 0 from 0 votes. Prep Time: 10 mins. It’s not very sweet and is not savory either but has just enough ingredients that balance the flavors perfectly. Awesome cornbread! Add Corn & Cornbread Mix: Add the cornbread mix, whole corn kernels and creamed corn and stir together until combined. Add I can also add just a little bit more oil (so it's not quite so crumbly). Here’s what makes this vegan cornbread recipe the best around: It’s got the optimal thickness (2 inches). Cornbread is a great side dish to go with any thick and hearty soup, stew, or chili. The result is a light, moist and delicious cornbread. Try our festive take on American cornbread, with bacon, pecans, apricots and cranberries to pack in the flavour. Easy Cornbread Dressing Recipe. And corn is a great addition whether you make the bread with sweeteners or not. Top it with honey or butter for an extra dose of YUM. EVERYONE loves this- it is always on request from my guests and family, “Can you make your special cornbread?” It only takes about 5 minutes if you use a stand mixer. This cornbread dressing is super easy to make, and it’s a delicious side dish with chicken, turkey, seafood, or any other meat. Bake: Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the top and edges are lightly brown. Melt butter in large skillet. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Spray or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan. I've read all 84 + reviews and have learned the following additional options: I can bake it in a muffin pan (bake only 15 minutes); I can cut back on my sugar to maybe a round 1/2-cup (or less). Printable Recipe and Step-by-Step here: https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/cornbread-recipe/ The Best Buttermilk Cornbread I have ever tasted! Cook Time: 20 mins. This cornbread dressing is super easy to make, and it’s a delicious side dish with chicken, turkey, seafood, or any other meat. The tops are always nicely browned and the muffins are perfectly cooked. The BEST! You can make the cornbread … Course: Side, Snack. https://www.savorywithsoul.com/easy-southern-skillet-cornbread-recipe Cornbread is also a popular recipe at Thanksgiving and Christmas because cornbread is the perfect base to stuffing. The only bad thing I'd say about this is that it crumbled to easily, and it was really messy. Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl and set aside Easy Peachy Jalapeno Cornbread 01:00. Helloooo my friend! In a large bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Learn how to make the best homemade cornbread with this quick and simple recipe. If you don’t like that extra crunch then use a finer grind. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Very easy and very yummy! This Easy Homemade Corn Bread recipe uses fine cornmeal cutting out the need to soak. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). This is THE best cornbread recipe. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together except for the sweetcorn kernels. https://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/the-ultimate-jiffy-cornbread-recipe My family enjoys is with chili, jambalaya, ham and bean soup... the list goes on! Printable Recipe and Step-by-Step here: https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/cornbread-recipe/ The Best Buttermilk Cornbread I have ever tasted! If you are in the sweet camp, follow this recipe using sugar and honey. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19547/grandmas-corn-bread-dressing This works as cornbread muffins, too! Easy Cornbread Dressing Recipe. It's so easy to make too. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/267829/cast-iron-cornbread Whether you choose to make this cornbread sweet or savory, there is always room for a few added ingredients in a basic cornbread recipe. Set aside. This recipe yields a savory muffin with just enough sweet to complement the cornmeal! Bake: Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the top and edges are lightly brown. Now Playing. My mom made this for me as a child, and now it's my family's favorite. And, you can't beat a warm square of this covered in melted butter with honey dripping down the sides! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Dont give a bad rating based on changes you made or how you THINK it would have turned out. It goes great with chili, soup, or salad! Trisha's Buttermilk Cornbread 02:44. Classic southern style - no sugar! A great Christmas side dish A great Christmas side dish 40 mins Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).