These cranberry pistachio biscotti with white chocolate drizzle will last in an air-tight container for up to 1 week. The cookies will be slightly soft in the centers with harder edges. Set aside. I try not to make those too often because the two of us have no self-control when I bake them (so good! The BEST Biscotti recipe with a video and how to tips! Or, drizzle the melted chocolate over the biscotti instead. Once the biscotti is finished in the oven, it gets a very generous dunk into melted white chocolate. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. This biscotti recipe is adapted from America's Test Kitchen. To really give my latest biscotti creation some flavor and jazz, I channeled one of my favorite cookie recipes. Rating: 4.81 stars 1716 Ratings. Divide dough in half. Will the white chocolate set at room temperature if not tempered? Can’t even handle it. Transfer biscotti to a rack to cool. Hello! —Susan Nelson, Newbury Park, California ; How to store: Store biscotti in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place a Silpat mat or sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, or coat with cooking spray; set aside. Chocolate Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti. Absolutely nothing hits the spot quite like the crunchy cookie on my plate, especially when it goes from hand to coffee mug to mouth. Thank you soooo much Sally! It just melts in your mouth. Although, I can’t guarantee they’ll still be around till then! Hi Sally, I am new to your site and have tried several of your recipes. Can you substitute another nut for the Pistachio ?  I made your classic almond biscotti yesterday just to get a feel for what I’m doing. Crunchy without breaking your teeth. 10 ingredients. Absolutely! Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Biscotti. Hold on for a sec. 15 Comments on “White Chocolate Drizzled Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti” Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — December 16, 2011 @ 11:54 am Reply I have never made biscotti … Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping in white chocolate. Perfect for a dessert snack or if you like a sweet treat with your morning coffee. Congratulations on your new baby girl. Remove from over the water. I don’t make biscotti quite often so when I do, it’s extra special. Here’s why I know you’ll love it: I make biscotti with ingredients, ratio of those ingredients, and in such a way to get the best possible texture. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Where was I? Made these today for My cookie exchange – just need to dip them in white chocolats . Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. I loved everything about these cookies. The stayed relatively tender. I managed to make Biscotti all on my own! I posted it at the bottom of my recent salted caramel cinnamon macaron recipe. For the cranberry-pistachio biscotti: 1. My friend John originally turned me on to Biscotti by bringing me Whole Food's Cranberry Pistachio version,… Thank you for such great recipes. With a fork, drizzle the chocolate over biscotti and/or dip the biscotti into the chocolate on one end of each. The addition of these fats makes biscotti a little more flavorful. Pistachios and dried cranberries are mixed into the biscotti dough. Over the years, I've adapted my most-requested biscotti recipe to add some of my favorite ingredients: cranberries, white chocolate and pistachios. Fold in the pistachios and dried cranberries. Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe dish for 2 minutes, stirring after each 30 seconds. My only complaint is that they really didn't get as crispy as a traditional biscotti. But I opted for a way to get white chocolate in every single bite. Prevents the biscotti from completely drying out! Alongside my favorite pumpkin coffee because pumpkin coffee is a 365 days/year thing here. Thanks! Stand biscotti on the baking sheet and return them in the oven for another 15 minutes. Homemade Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti make for a yummy holiday gift. Produce. Jan 27, 2016 - The perfect holiday biscotti! Biscotti will stay fresh covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Food And Drink. Ingredients. Deliciously crunchy and crumbly, my white chocolate cranberry pistachio biscotti is perfect for dipping! Recipe by Allrecipes. Biscotti are not too sweet- especially for those trying to limit their consumption of sugary cookies and candies- and are really good with a cup of hot coffee or tea. And when each cookie is dipped into a steamy mug of coffee/tea/hot cocoa? In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture in 2 additions, stirring just until combined. If it won’t set without being tempered, would white chocolate chips? I love every one of them! Preparation. I went over a couple of this science-y stuff in my chocolate almond biscotti recipe last year, but I’m going to go over some of it again in case you missed it. —Susan Nelson, Newbury Park, California, White Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Nov 25, 2014 - I actually did it! December 5, 2013; Biscuits, Foodie Gift Giving; I love biscotti and, thinking ahead to Christmas foodie presents, I figured biscotti with cranberry, pistachio and white chocolate would give it a … I’d like to give these as gifts but want to make sure they can stay at room temperature without the white chocolate melting. I only use a Tablespoon of oil, but that 1 Tablespoon adds just the right amount of richness. On a parchment-lined. One of my favorite treats at this time of year is a package of biscotti. It has to or else it will taste like semi-softish very crumbly cake. The oven time is what makes biscotti perfectly crunchy. The flavors are so great together, Hi Sally Could these cookies be dipped in dark chocolate rather than white? When cool enough to handle, transfer rectangles to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. Makes about 36 cookies.  If I omitted the pistachios due to an allergy would any other adjustments need to be made? Golden and lightly crisped, these twice-baked cranberry pistachio biscotti are perfect for Christmas. This pistachio cranberry biscotti turns out with just the right amount of crispiness but still has a soft center. Like, crumbly without tasting sandy or dry. Pour into the flour/butter mixture and gently mix together until everything is just barely moistened. Wasn’t sure, which one to post this to. This was a good recipe, and you can never go wrong with cranberry and white chocolate chips. 1/2 cup Cranberries, dried. I was wondering if its possible to make the two slabs a head of time and refrigerate them over night and continue to the next step in the morning? It’s the exact recipe that turned me into a biscotti lover. Set slices cut sides upright, ¼ inch apart, on the baking sheets. Return to the oven to continue baking for 8 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake other side for 8 minutes. The white chocolate … It’s weird. Almonds, pecans, walnuts, or cashews would be great. To make biscotti, you have to shape the dough into two slabs. Before I forget, have you entered my cookbook giveaway? Beat in eggs and vanilla. Pistachio .. Shouldn’t be a problem at all. Not crispy crunchy. A few other favorites are Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti, Pumpkin Hazelnut White Chocolate Biscotti and Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti. How to Make it. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and vanilla together. And today’s wonderful white chocolate cranberry pistachio version (say that 3x fast) uses the same base recipe. Preheat oven to 325°. These are a winner. The butter is added the same exact way I add it to scones and pie crust: cold and cut into the dry ingredients. Place pans on wire racks. Dip each biscotti cookie in the melted chocolate and place back onto the baking sheets. All of these flavors + dried cranberries + pistachios + white chocolate + a warm coffee dunk. Be sure to dip one end in good white chocolate!" At our house we like biscotti with a good cup of coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Refrigerated. Cranberry-Pistachio Cornmeal Biscotti Cranberry-Pistachio Cornmeal Biscotti. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti | "These are absolutely delicious and not at all dry like some biscotti. Once the slabs are cool enough to handle, cut each into 1 inch thick slices. Cranberry, Pistachio, and White Chocolate Biscotti is great for gifts! Beat in vanilla. Allow chocolate to set in the refrigerator or at room temperature. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. The red cranberries and green pistachio nuts make a perfect accompaniment for a very festive and pretty looking Christmas cookies. Finished with an artful white chocolate … Place back on the baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. In fact, I adapted this Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti recipe to make both this Hazelnut Chocolate Biscotti and this Apricot and Almond Biscotti with White Chocolate Drizzle. I whipped this batch up yesterday morning and while pistachios and dried cranberries were always part of the biscotti plan– that glorious white chocolate I can’t shut up about was an afterthought. Biscotti spends a lot of time in the oven. Make a double … Gonna’ be a rainy/humid weekend – week, so looking for something to make. For Christmas, sprinkle your favorite red and green colored sugar or sprinkles on the warm chocolate. Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate. I melted white chocolate in the microwave and dipped on end in, … I have a couple biscotti recipes on my blog and I shared the first one around this time last year. For the glaze: stir the white chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth. And, my friends, it’s a good one. Arrange on waxed or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. My hair is in one of those astronomically high buns, my glasses are smudged, and there’s flour all over my sleeves. How to freeze: Freeze biscotti … The white chocolate literally melting in my mouth. With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. Hi Sally, I love this recipe, its one of my go-to’s! Perfect dessert snack that I have made many times for the holiday food gifts. *To make a white chocolate drizzle,put a cup of white chocolate chips in a bain marie, stirring often until the chocolate is melted. Simple and classic flavor! These Biscotti Cookies are dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with chopped pistachios and cranberries for a festive taste! Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl until combined. For some flavor, I use brown sugar instead of white sugar to sweeten the biscotti. We’re already at recipe #7 in my annual cookie palooza! The biscotti becomes crunchy as it cools. Save the baking sheets for the next step. Started thinking about a cookie, but someone on FB suggested biscotti – I have cranberry fanatics, in my life. These crisp White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Recipe are so quick, easy to make. Divide the dough in two and place each half onto a baking sheet. Thanks Michele. 3.4k. Bake for 10 minutes; turn the biscotti over and bake for another 5 minutes, just until beginning to lightly brown. Am wanting to do a orange/cranberry “something”. These biscotti keep and freeze well. White Chocolate Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti Over the years, I've adapted my most-requested biscotti recipe to add some of my favorite ingredients: cranberries, white chocolate and pistachios. Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely. Green & Black’s white chocolate is my absolute favorite. I need to make those again soon.) A tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a row! In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Also: a touch of cinnamon and plenty of vanilla. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the top and sides of each biscotti slab with egg wash. Bake in batches (or together) for 25-26 minutes, or until the top and sides of the biscotti slabs are lightly browned. Remove from the oven, but do not turn off the heat. Studded with jeweled flecks of sweet-tart dried cranberries and roasted pistachios, each bite is flavored with the essence of brown butter and brandy. Great taste with wonderful ingredients. Soft crunchy. For variety, dip half of the biscotti in melted white chocolate and the other half in dark chocolate. Stir in chips, cranberries and pistachios. Their recipe called for dried cherries, but I used dried cranberries instead. In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Each cookie is dipped in white chocolate taking them to the next level. Have you ever made biscotti before? These white chocolate cranberry pistachio biscotti start off a lot like regular drop style cookies. What Is Biscotti? Chocolate-Cranberry-Pecan • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips • 3/4 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped • 3/4 cup dried cranberries • 3-4 drops orange oil Pistachio-White Chocolate • 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts • 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks • 2-3 drops bitter almond oil These biscotti keep and freeze well. use the microwave. Explore. In our test kitchen, imported white chocolate, such as Perugina or Lindt, yielded the best results. Either dip or spread the chocolate over each biscotti. slices. A heavenly huddle of White Chocolate, zingy Cranberries and sublime Pistachios, entwined deep within our classically crumbly biscotti. The white chocolate will initially firm up in the fridge and when you take it out and have it sit at room temp, it will not melt. Up your Holiday baking game with a batch of these Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti! Keywords: white chocolate cranberry pistachio biscotti, cranberry biscotti, biscotti, Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction, Delicious Sally! Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Tips. This year, I decided to make these cranberry, pistachio and white chocolate drizzled biscotti. Melt the chopped white chocolate in a double boiler or (carefully!) Golden brown biscotti with toasty pistachios, tart dried cranberries, a happy dose of cinnamon, and all the white chocolate in the world is sitting on my plate right now as I type this. Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti. Dip 1 end of each biscotti in chocolate, letting excess drip off. Thanks Sally for all your great recipes. And WHAT an addition it makes. The dough was easier to work with than the biscotti without butter , the texture was moist and chewy, and the pistachios, heavenly! But if you don't like the typical biscotti hardness that makes them so good when softened with coffee, these will be good. (Hey. Using a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Absolutely! It’s been a few months since I made biscotti and it’s everything I’ve been craving for the past week. I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. These slabs are baked, then cut into 1-inch slices. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. Deliciously dunkable and packed with all things great: dried cranberries, pistachios, and plenty of melted white chocolate. Oct 20, 2016 - It's the best kind of chocolate tbh. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. These biscotti are my favorite so far. Oct 20, 2016 - It's the best kind of chocolate tbh. Which, by the way, you have to try making at home. Thanks! Place the chocolate dipped or drizzled biscotti on wax or parchment paper and allow to set for about 30 minutes. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti.  I used white whole wheat flour in place of AP because that is what I had and had no issues.Â. Many recipes these days call for butter and/or oil as well. Crunchy Biscotti recipe made with Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate. Arrange the sliced biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet. Unlike many white chocolates, it actually is chocolate in that it has 30% cacao where others are made of, I honestly don’t know what. And Happy Birthday to Noelle! 2 Eggs. I’d never made biscotti before but of course I knew Sally would steer me in the right direction. PLEASE SEE MY, White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies, Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. (. This is one of the best biscotti recipes ever! Home is where the deliciously dunk-able white chocolate cranberry pistachio biscotti is. Any advice on either, would be greatly appreciated. The slices are then baked on their sides, about 9 minutes per side. If it’s uncontrollably sticky, knead 1-2 more Tablespoon(s) of flour into the dough. And not any old Biscotti, this Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscotti rocks! In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and with floured hands, knead lightly until the dough is soft and slightly sticky, about 8-10 times. Begin by creaming together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze them. Double Chocolate, Orange and Hazelnut Biscotti, 26 Old-World Italian Cookie Recipes Your Grandmother Made, Target Is Selling the Cutest $10 Hot Cocoa Bar Set, and We Just Can’t Get Enough, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Shape each half into an 8-9 inch long roll, patting down until each is about 1/2 inch thick. The flavors of lemon, cranberry, pistachio, vanilla mixed with chewy cranberries and pistachios make them very unique and festive. It is far and away, the best Biscotti I have ever eaten! A few other favorites are Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Biscotti, and Pumpkin Hazelnut White Chocolate Biscotti.  My husband loves pistachios, perfect for the holidays! Does that make sense? You can dunk the biscotti any which way– or even drizzle the white chocolate on top. ). … Cranberry-White Chocolate Almond Biscotti ½ cup dried cranberries½ cup boiling water3 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)2 teaspoons baking powder¼ teaspoon salt4 tablespoons … The pleasingly chewy biscotti are coated on one end with white chocolate. My parents say it’s better than store bought! The texture: The ideal texture of biscotti is hard, dry and crunchy.It is the perfect texture for dunking into tea, coffee and hot chocolate. My mother-in-law has been making them for years and they are truly a favorite. Making Biscotti Mixing. And it’s just the ticket this week as I settle back into the chaotic routine called my work life. Rating: 3.72 stars 123 Ratings. Keeping some biscotti on hand during the holiday season! Deliciously crunchy and crumbly, my white chocolate cranberry pistachio biscotti is perfect for dipping! My husband always brings up the Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti I posted last year. Baking & Spices. Let me teach you. 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled), plus more … This is the best biscotti that I’ve ever tried! Here’s a visual of what the heck I’m talking about. And all this oven time is why we’re using 3 eggs, butter, AND a touch of oil. Biscotti’s only wet ingredients are eggs; eggs help the biscotti keep its shape and prevent the biscotti from tasting too dry. 100g White Chocolate Cranberry & Pistachio Sweet Biscotti 100g … Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. !!! Let me just take this bite…. The cranberries, pistachios, and white chocolate are the classic colors for the holidays and what is a better way to celebrate the holidays than to snuggle up with a warm cup of coffee eating a scrumptious biscotti. And I think know you should do the same. Nuts. For the microwave, place the white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 15 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth. These are scrumptious! This recipe makes a lot of biscotti – 35 or 40, which is great for gift giving, but otherwise may be too many. Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. And I use pleeeeeenty because I prefer cookies with a lot of “stuff.” Texture freak right here.