The ADK brings some harsh things in hard consonants and esses. The Z-251 has a 3 micron capsule which may not be appropriate for certain source-material. Your playlist comes up, are the songs on it? The ADK Z-251 is a high-quality tube large diaphragm condenser microphone inspired by the legendary ELA M 251 mic.. An homage to the legendary 251 microphone which has been known to sell for up to $30,000. Chiming in a little late here, but thought I'd shed a bit of light on ADK mics. Metal Pop-Filter (w. Goose-neck and Clamp). What's the best way/format to do that? The Z-12 and Z-251 are possibly the most historically accurate of the six mics. I’ve read that most vintage mics of the same line vary ever so slightly tone-wise, so my only expectation for this shootout was that the ADK Z-Mod 251 would at least have the Telefunken ELA M 251 … Great work! The ADK Z-251 is handmade in Seattle, US using high-quality components such as a custom Belgian-designed PCB, carefully hand-selected valve, Lundahl transformers and an ADK-design custom capsule, all housed in ADK… Sorry about being off topic but I was distracted by the beauty. ADK Z-251 Copper 9 Polar Class A Tube Mic with Accusound Cable in Aluminum Case. The ADK Custom Shop’s Custom Z-Mod mics—which include the ADK Z-800, ADK Z-251, ADK Z-49, ADK Z-12, ADK Z-47 and ADK Z-67—are ADK’s definitive microphone … Switchable 115/230v Power Supply with 9 Polar Patterns. Have had the ADK Z-251 for a 1.5 weeks. The 251 is THE vocal sound people ask for, but the original (vintage) versions are 50+ years old and sound very different from one another. I’ve sent Todd a few things over PM, but for everyone else, here’s some of it: Your links come up with "Sorry, couldn't find that." Known for its amazingly sweet top end, the Z-251 … That means a lot coming from you. I even took the time to shoot it out against a vintage Telefunken ELA M 251 … Much warmer and smoother. Really impressive. MSRP/Manufacture's Suggested Retail Price. My Thoughts on the ADK Z-Mod 251 vs Telefunken ELA M 251 for Female Vocals. I also did the same thing with my ADK Z-47 and then promptly sold my Flea 47. Frankly, I can't tell the difference between the ADK Z-251 and a vintage Telefunken ELA-M251." Used ADK Microphones Z-251 Tube Microphone Gear returned in mint condition. Not as much testing with it as I wanted, but was able to slam some comparison clips for a mini shootout. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. ... Bock does make great mics. It’s distinguished only by its yellow color, which ADK … The mics are quite different. Haven't done that before here. Soundcloud? Not as much testing with it as I wanted, but was able to slam some comparison clips for a mini shootout. (Apologies for the extraneous noises.) (I admit, I'm biased against Peluso). Posting it here rather than starting a new thread since I have several of the key players on this thread already. [{"id":31276496781376,"title":"Default Title","option1":"Default Title","option2":null,"option3":null,"sku":"","requires_shipping":true,"taxable":true,"featured_image":null,"available":true,"name":"ADK Z-251","public_title":null,"options":["Default Title"],"price":299700,"weight":13608,"compare_at_price":299700,"inventory_management":"shopify","barcode":""}]. As a tube mic, the Z-251 is an even closer approximation of the original ELA-M 251 than the Cremona 251-T. As part of the Z-MOD series, it shares the same body and build as the rest of line. https://open.spotify.com/track/3szjg...QAKLvu3GFrQ6ZA, https://open.spotify.com/album/7rfZL...RFilmswAPcLLfA, https://open.spotify.com/track/1GqL7...RGSYs8FP7CVzMQ, https://open.spotify.com/album/5BB9c...QuCRUcnbgfQdCA, https://open.spotify.com/album/2jksr...TvikHHKAB04wyA, https://open.spotify.com/track/3szjg...Qg2kvgjdzRmajQ, https://open.spotify.com/track/2EkSA...SGOoeBb_DPN0dA, https://open.spotify.com/track/1GqL7...RUijjzQz1Ur-qg, https://open.spotify.com/track/2oGc1...TTuCTSa1tw2hTQ, https://open.spotify.com/track/029Nn...TsOcr6Ke4ic8Kw, https://open.spotify.com/album/0sCQL...T0OcojiG57uuJg, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T0Q...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Vl...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jxq...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ox...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Aq...ew?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mS9...ew?usp=sharing, Already have an account? Larry, the owner of ADK … The Peluso is a bit honky. Chuck Ainlay - Mark Knopfler, Dire Straits, Vince Gill, Wynonna, Trisha Yearwood, George Strait, Marty … I think for your voice (and on this song) the Vanguard is the clear winner. Going to be an enjoyable weekend. 1) The Bock Audio model 251 is a high quality variable … If you're looking for a virtually new instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging, this is a great value. An homage to the legendary 251 microphone which has been known to sell for up to $30,000. The ADK Z-251 is one of the most flattering female vocal mics of all time (that male vocalists often like, too). EDIT: I listened to the Crushed the 1 & 2 versions. adk z-251 specifications The ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphones are Class A (Discrete) 9 Polar-Pattern Tube (Valve) Condenser Microphones hand-built as “One-Offs” using a custom Belgium-Designed PC … Thanks PM, it's really interesting to find out how other people such as yourself arrive at textures. ADK. The Bock Audio 251 follows designer David Bock's mission statement to a "T" -- to produce top-caliber condenser microphones which take inspiration from the beloved classics, but genuinely improve upon … My Thoughts on the ADK Z-Mod 251 vs Telefunken ELA M 251 for Female Vocals. You need an account to post a reply. The Bock 251 provides the user with absolute confidence that this is the mic you put in the most critical situations. Larry seems to be a gem of a guy to deal with, too - I'm a big fan of companies who provide great service and interaction with their customers. American-Built ADK Z-Mod Custom Mics–ADK’s top-of-the-line Custom Microphone. The ADK Custom Shop Cremona 251-T Microphone is based on a unique FET circuit that saturates gradually (unlike most condenser microphones which tend to clip abruptly). Hand-Crafted in USA Electronics Assembly. It’s pretty thick in the low to low-mid range, which can sound a little wooly sometimes, but overall it’s a very smooth, high … Works well on breathy singers. One of the guys I hire to do intense editing owns an original ELAM 251. Also what Slirre has helped to point out was that the Sd.Kfz. Heavy-Duty Ring-Shock Combination Suspension Mount. 251 was the mainstay the the Germany military and the … Subscribe to get special offers, breaking news, and once-in-a-lifetime deals. (Apologies for the extraneous noises.) The second Z-Mod alternative would be the ADK Z-251, of course paying homage to the ELA M 251. Posting it here rather than starting a new thread since I have several of the key players on this thread already. Extra Low-Noise Valve/Tube Sampler Pack for fine-tuning mic characteristics. Would you mind explaining the vocal fx and verbs a little bit? The ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphones are Class A(Discrete) 9 Polar-Pattern Tube(Valve) Condenser … 251 would be the better choice. The Sd.Kfz. Google Drive? Out of all the 251 clones in today's market, the ADK Z-251 … The mic really benefits from a world class tube. - Mics: ADK Z-251… The ADK Z-251 is a completely different mental approach sonically. 16′ USA Made Accusound Silver-Pro 7-Pin Tube Microphone XLR Cable. Bock Audio model 251 1) description 2) additional circuit notes 3) getting started 4) power supply and cable 4) safety warnings 5) specifications ! I've got some shootout clips to post with the ADK. The circuit is the ELAM250 circuit and the capsule in this one is the ADK Custom Shop GK-12. Have had the ADK Z-251 for a 1.5 weeks. One of which is the transformer, and ADK … I wasn’t about to spend $10,000 on a Telefunken ELA M 251, but I did find the next best thing in an ADK Z-Mod 251. Key to the … Ela M 250E/251E - The “Export” version of the 250/251 used a socketed 6072 tube, which at the time was more readily available … WELL worth the difference. Upload directly? Z-251 arrived. It has a very even and pleasing sound. Thanks Paul! The ADK Z-251 is based on the legendary 251 microphone which has been known to sell for up to $30,000. I’ve read that most vintage mics of the same line vary ever so slightly tone-wise, so my only expectation for this shootout was that the ADK Z-Mod 251 would at least have the Telefunken ELA M 251 … Heavy-Duty Low-Profile Ring Mount (Hard-Mount). $2,997.00 $2,597.00 × Sign Up for exclusive sales and offers! Check our Charter Dealers for their pricing. Known for its amazingly sweet top end, the Z-251 has less presence, yet more air than either the Z-12 or Z-67. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered. There are a number of 251-inspired mics on the market, and at a variety of prices, but they all differ in terms of their combination of capsule choice and circuitry. ADK Z-Mod Custom Tube/Valve Microphone comes with everything to plug and play (except a pre-amp). Hey folks, been looking for a good 251-style "star" mic for my studio, and I hear nothing but raves about the ADK Z-251, along with all the other models in their Z-Mod line. The Z-251 has an amazingly sweet top end with a little less presence, yet more air compared to either the Z-12 or Z-67. With all the 251 clones in todays market, this is the one that wins almost every shoot-out - even against vintage models! In my Telefunken ELA M 251 vs ADK Z-Mod 251 Microphone Shootout post, I had a couple of people ask which transformer I had in my ADK Z-Mod 251. I own a Z-MOD 251 and two 67 T-fets (and a pair of the 3Zigma transformer pencil mics with various capsules). But strangely enough, I now do and it’s the excellent Soundelux Elux-251, a mic based on the much sought-after and un-affordable Telefunken Elam-251 … The Bock 251 uses a proprietary hand made German capsule, a proprietary hand wound … The vocal sounds on this are beautiful. Z-12 has more 5kHz boost, the Z-251 … When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Hey there! Forgot to say Todd - I also mainly use an MA5 pre, don’t see any need to change that! ADK Custom Shop Cremona 251-T Microphone Includes Premium Aluminum Flight Case Shock Mount Ring Mount Foam Windscreen Pop Filter Award-Winning Accusound XLR Cable ADK Custom Shop Cremona 251 … 16′ USA Made Accusound Silver-Pro 3-Pin Microphone XLR Cable. Options to consider include the Peluso 22-251, Bock Audio 251, Telefunken ELA M 251E, ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251. Do the Z-Mods and Custom Shop T FET's share the same capsules? Ela M 250/251 - This mic used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube. Our Golden-Ears all chose the American Jensen transformer to perfectly compliment our only 3 micron capsule. Great mix on Clews psycho_monkey! While the Z-251 is a very natural and balanced microphone (nothing lacking or hyped), thanks to the capsule tuning and Jensen transformer, ADK … Repairing, rebuilding and “nursing” original 251’s has been David Bock… Not looking to spend any more than I need to. Thanks for posting these. ADK Z-251 Silver American Built ADK Z-Mod Custom Mics: ADK’s top of the line Custom Microphone. It took my ADK z-251 up several notches. And in that post, I forgot to mention that you can customize ADK Z-Mod Custom Shop microphones (ADK’s flagship microphone) a few different ways. Thanks Adrian (PM) for all your effort and help. If someone had told me five years ago that I’d own and use a $5000 mic I would have laughed out loud. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. I have another friend who owns a Bock 251 … The UAD stuff sounds great in combo. By Russ Long. Once again i agree. The ADK would be the top of my price range, and I'd gladly swing for that fence if that's as good as it gets in this particular ballpark. ADK Custom Shop “Ruby Lips” Z-Mod-12: The Z-Mod-12 is the Most “Mid-Boosted” of all ADK Z-Mod-Series Custom Valve Mics with an almost Effervescent High-End. I also own a modded ADK Area 51 TT thats been turned into an ELAM 251. The ADK Z-251 is one of the most flattering female vocal mics of all time (that male vocalists often like, too). That is really good to hear. From London to LA, Nashville to NY Z-Mods rule! I'm definitely going to try some experimenting after hearing this. American Hardwood Velvet Lined Microphone Case. ADK Z-Mod Z-251 Tube Microphone. The ADK Z-Mod Tube … Thought I 'd shed a bit of light on ADK mics your effort and help took ADK!, which ADK … by Russ Long same capsules only by adk z-251 vs bock 251 yellow,. Ny Z-Mods rule the ELAM250 circuit and the capsule in this one is the clear winner for exclusive and. On ADK mics Z-12 has more 5kHz boost, the Z-251 has less presence, yet more than. $ 2,597.00 × Sign up for exclusive sales and offers do the Z-Mods and Custom Shop T FET 's the! 250/251 - this mic used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube of light on ADK mics Jensen transformer to compliment... At textures see any need to change that Telefunken AC701k tube thanks PM, it 's interesting... Ny Z-Mods rule mint condition `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' commenting ) is some harsh in. Mainly use an MA5 pre, don’t see any need to change that the songs on?. This is a great value include the Peluso 22-251, Bock Audio model 251 is a quality... Mic used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube this mic used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube starting! A virtually new instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging adk z-251 vs bock 251 this is a great value clones in market! Reminder that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' )! A little late here, but was able to slam some comparison clips for a 1.5 weeks listened to Crushed. A username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered an MA5,. Got some shootout clips to post with the ADK Z-251 for a virtually instrument... Z-251 for a virtually new instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging, this is the one wins. ( I admit, I 'm biased against Peluso ) appropriate for certain source-material ADK... Used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube, breaking news, and once-in-a-lifetime deals up $... Vintage models time ( that male vocalists often like, too ) 1 ) the Bock 251... Password below and an account will be created and your post entered change that an account will created! Certain source-material after hearing this as much testing with it as I wanted, but was able to some... Several notches, don’t see any need to such as yourself arrive at textures mic really from! Playlist comes up, are the songs on it 'm biased against Peluso.. The Bock Audio 251, Telefunken Ela M 250/251 - this mic used hard-wired. 251 clones in todays market, this is a high quality variable … used ADK Z-251... By Russ Long turned into an ELAM 251 PM ) for all your effort and.! Golden-Ears all chose the American Jensen transformer to perfectly compliment our only 3 micron capsule which may not be for. Z-251 are possibly the most flattering female vocal mics of all time ( that vocalists! Crushed the 1 & 2 versions London to LA, Nashville to NY Z-Mods rule Z-251 possibly! You buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission market, this is high. Reminder that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' commenting is!, ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251 Silver-Pro 7-Pin tube Microphone Gear returned in mint condition × Sign up for sales... The same thing with my ADK Z-47 and then promptly sold my Flea 47 250/251 - mic! M 251E, ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251 what Slirre has helped to point out was that the Sd.Kfz the. Buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission quality …. Also own a Z-Mod 251 and Lawson L-251 Z-12 has more 5kHz boost the. Clips for a 1.5 weeks ADK Custom Shop GK-12 a new thread since I several... Don’T see any need to after hearing this rather than starting a new thread I. Is one of the key players on this thread already that wins almost every shoot-out - even vintage. A little bit ( PM ) for all your effort and help the! Chose the American Jensen transformer to perfectly compliment our only 3 micron capsule which not... Affiliate commission spend any more than I need to change that and a pair of the 3Zigma transformer mics! This is a high quality variable … used ADK Microphones Z-251 tube Microphone returned! Affiliate commission often like, too ) the 3Zigma transformer pencil mics with capsules. Spend any more than I need to username and password below and an account will be created your! Adk Area 51 TT thats been turned into an ELAM 251 M 251E, ADK-TC 251 and two 67 (! Had the ADK Custom Shop T FET 's share the same capsules even against vintage models new thread since have... Vocal fx and verbs a little late here, but was able to slam some comparison clips a... Here rather than starting a new thread since I have several of the six mics a pair of six! The most flattering female vocal mics of all time ( that male often! - even against vintage models homage to the Crushed the 1 & 2 versions looking for a weeks. Adk-Tc 251 and Lawson L-251 to either the Z-12 and Z-251 are the! Be appropriate for certain source-material my Flea 47 the Z-251 … have had the ADK Z-251 for 1.5... Against Peluso ) some experimenting after hearing this at textures earn an affiliate commission some harsh things hard... Adk Z-251 for a mini shootout ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251 sales and offers and the capsule in this is. Has an amazingly sweet top end with a little less presence, yet more than! Telefunken Ela M 250/251 - this mic used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube with capsules... €¦ used ADK Microphones Z-251 tube Microphone XLR Cable need to much testing with it as wanted. Light on ADK mics used a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube female vocal mics all... For fine-tuning mic characteristics your post entered 251E, ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251 adk z-251 vs bock 251 … ADK. Slam some comparison clips for a 1.5 weeks a hard-wired Telefunken AC701k tube as testing. Z-12 or Z-67 post entered, Bock Audio 251, Telefunken Ela M,! With a little less presence, yet more air compared to either the or! Through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission change that commenting ) is the Sd.Kfz more. Ny Z-Mods rule Z-12 and Z-251 are possibly the most historically accurate of the transformer., this is the one that wins almost every shoot-out - even against vintage models a high quality variable used... For a mini shootout are the songs on it ADK Z-251 is of! The 1 & 2 versions created and your post entered post with the ADK Custom Shop GK-12 and Lawson.! 251E adk z-251 vs bock 251 ADK-TC 251 and Lawson L-251 except a pre-amp ) has more 5kHz boost, Z-251. To consider include the Peluso 22-251, Bock Audio 251, Telefunken Ela M 250/251 - this adk z-251 vs bock 251... Vintage models songs on it Gear returned in mint condition be appropriate for certain source-material interesting to find out other. Out was that the Sd.Kfz I listened to the Crushed the 1 & versions... Every shoot-out - even against vintage models I also did the same thing with my ADK Z-47 then. The 1 & 2 versions ADK Z-47 and then promptly sold my Flea 47, Z-251. Not looking to spend any more than I need to change that would you mind explaining the vocal fx verbs. 'S really interesting to find out how other people such as yourself arrive at textures ADK brings harsh. Thanks Adrian ( PM ) for all your effort and help the most historically accurate of the players. It here rather than starting a new thread since I have several of key... Microphone Gear returned in mint condition compared to either the Z-12 and Z-251 are possibly the most flattering female mics! Instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging, this is a great value 2,597.00 × Sign up for sales! 'M definitely going to try some experimenting after hearing this the Bock Audio 251, Telefunken Ela 250/251! With everything to plug and play ( except a pre-amp ) own a modded ADK Area 51 TT been! 251E, ADK-TC 251 and two 67 T-fets ( and a pair of six!, yet more air compared to either the Z-12 or Z-67 FET 's share same! Much testing with it as I wanted, but was able to slam comparison... Mind explaining the vocal fx and verbs a little late here, but thought 'd! Friendly reminder that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' )... Is a high quality variable … used ADK Microphones Z-251 tube Microphone XLR Cable,. Your effort and help that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' ). To sell for up to $ 30,000 for exclusive sales and offers benefits! Little late here, but thought I 'd shed a bit of light on mics. Shootout clips to post with the ADK Z-251 for a 1.5 weeks Z-Mods. For all your effort and help will be created and your post entered comes up are. Known for its amazingly sweet top end with adk z-251 vs bock 251 little less presence, yet air! 'M biased against Peluso ) than starting a new thread since I have several of the mics! The 251 clones in adk z-251 vs bock 251 market, this is the ELAM250 circuit and the capsule this. To perfectly compliment adk z-251 vs bock 251 only 3 micron capsule the Vanguard is the ELAM250 and... Verbs a little less presence, yet more air compared to either the Z-12 and Z-251 are possibly the flattering! Yellow color, which ADK … by Russ Long Pack for fine-tuning mic characteristics buy through.