Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole is a one pot wonder that’s sure to become a family favorite. Thanks! If you feel like your chicken is on the thicker side, you can butterfly it (cut it in half so that it is half the thickness it was.) Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to a months. Keyword broccoli, casserole, chicken, easy dinner, easy recipe, rotisserie chicken Ingredients. It's easy to make and a crowd pleaser. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition If you do cut the chicken or use tenderloins, the cooking time will probably be reduced. They are so easy to throw together, and cook in a matter of minutes. This easy 5 ingredient keto dinner recipe will leave you full and satisfied while only containing 2.2 net carbs per serve! Here in Montana it is a very chilly snowy day. Curry flavor was too strong - both husband & daughter didn't like it. Add broccoli and chicken to a creamy sauce, top with cheese and serve over cooked rice or potatoes. Add the broccoli florets, and cook uncovered until just tender, about 4 minutes. Easy to make, easy … Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post for the FULL printable recipe card for all of the instructions. Spread the rice in an even layer in the baking dish. The recipe takes a while to make but it is worth it. Thanks for the yummy recipe-it's a keeper! This chicken and broccoli casserole is my 13-year-old son's favorite dish and the one he requests for every one of his birthdays. Instead of using canned soup I put in vegetable broth using equal amounts of cornstarch and flour for thickening. Ingredients 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted) ¾ cup water 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice 1 lb. I add 1 c. uncooked rice and 2 c. water in a large bowl cover with plastic wrap and microwave for around 20 mins. Casseroles don’t get enough credit for being one of the easiest and most satisfying dinner items! If you do get a chance to try it and enjoy it, I would love to hear about it! This easy casserole full of chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and cheese with a crunchy Ritz cracker topping is a comforting dinner that cooks in one dish! #MC #NoOtherNoodle #ad Get the recipe--> (blog post link) #healthymeals #chickendinner #noodles #easyrecipes. Spoon the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. I had to go and look to see what was happening because I had no idea. Easy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole Recipe - Delish.com I will make again. How would the cooking time change is you used precooked diced chicken breast? Hi Donna- Sorry that was confusing! This recipe is GREAT! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/quick-chicken-broccoli-casserole Assemble the casserole: Add the cooked rice, broccoli, uncooked chicken, 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, and mushroom sauce into a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) casserole dish and mix together. For this we went with something similar to our Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs.We paired our oven baked chicken breast with the filling and then topped with cheese and homemade bread crumbs.. Make a second layer with the broccoli. Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt and pepper over the chicken breasts to season them, then spread the broccoli florets on top. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This Chicken and Broccoli casserole is one of the most common casseroles we make, but we also love Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, and Chicken Noodle Casserole. It is loaded with tender chicken, creamy cheddar cheese and wholesome broccoli. If you are looking for a simple and delicious dinner recipe, this Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, is a recipe you have to try. This recipe uses a mixture of three different soups instead for it's creamy texture. I bake all of my chicken casseroles on the middle rack of the oven and I do not cover them. Plus chicken dinners made in one dish are good for the soul since the clean up is so easy! Once the broccoli is cold, drain well, chop into small pieces, and place into a mixing bowl. Casseroles are the best, you can literally throw a bunch of stuff into a casserole dish and then create something so flavorful and filling. This casserole is perfect for those busy weeknights and just as good the next day at work! Make sure that your chicken is not too thick. Nothing beats a creamy, cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole! It is showing 0 (zero) mg (milligrams) as 0mg. I mean what is not to love with smothering broccoli in creamy, rich cheddar cheese? Serve this chicken and broccoli casserole with hot cooked noodles or rice and a tossed salad or fresh sliced tomatoes. To make this chicken and broccoli pasta bake, you’ll need a large sauté pan (3 quarts or larger) big enough to fit the sauce, cooked pasta, chicken, and broccoli… I used cooked brown rice and two large chicken breasts boiled in water cooled and cubed. Congrats! It is chock full of chicken and broccoli, cheese, and just enough pasta to pull it all together! This casserole uses precooked chicken … Just look at how easy this is to make! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. How to Make Chicken Broccoli Bake. Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is an easy casserole made with cornbread stuffing and two types of cheese. 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts is the perfect amount for this recipe if you're wondering. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. I can serve this for the rest of the family with rice and for her without. Place the mixture into the prepared pan. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. In the end your Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole should have perfectly cooked, tender chicken swimming in creamy cheese sauce with those perfect little broccoli bites all throughout. You saved Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole to your. It has been a long time favorite of my husband and my kiddos have followed suit. It can also be made the day before and baked when you are ready to enjoy it. Thank you! Nice comfort food and easy to make as a one dish meal. You can also cut the chicken into chunks or use tenderloins. I made this recipe with one change added to it. It can be made ahead of time and produces awesome leftovers. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Both my husband and 2 year old who doesn't eat broccoli ate it up! Drain in a colander, then immediately rinse with cold water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. You can leave a comment below or if you share a photo on Instagram, make sure and tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so I can see your creations! (Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.). It might need a little longer to bake if its chilled all the way through. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Can you use fresh broccoli ? To make this casserole recipe gluten-free, use the GF … I also do what another review suggested in making and using my own cream of chicken soup. I liked this very much. So I've always used uncooked chicken and frozen uncooked broccoli. I will have to talk to my site designer about making that more clear. The original recipe calls for cooked chicken breasts and cooked broccoli. Garnish with parsley and serve over rice, mashed potatoes or your with your favorite side! You should be able to do this with good results! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. The whole family loves this easy chicken broccoli and cheese casserole. 395 calories; protein 26.9g 54% DV; carbohydrates 30.6g 10% DV; fat 18g 28% DV; cholesterol 68.3mg 23% DV; sodium 703.1mg 28% DV. I made a few changes to make it healthier. I always cook the rice in the microwave because it's faster. Just as you mentioned, watch the cook time because it will be less with smaller chicken pieces. Skipped almonds because I didn't have any. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve this casserole: I going to walk through the Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe with my tips and pointers to get the best results. I also added carrots and peas to the broccoli. First, this recipe is packed with a lot of deliciousness, but that means that it does take a bit of time to get it cooked all the way through. can cream of chicken soup; 1/2 cup sour cream; 1/2 teaspoon salt; 2 cups cooked rice; 2 cups cooked chicken … You can also use 2 pkgs of frozen broccoli to save cook time. I don't have time to cook things before I cook them! With chicken and broccoli in every bite, it’s a filling meal the whole family will … As I mentioned above, the versatility for serving is my favorite part of making this. I boiled then cubed them. The other thing to keep in mind is that you really do need a large baking dish for this. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Even though I added a little extra think I'd like to try it without the crunchiness of the almonds (just a texture thing-can't tell if they impacted the overall taste of the dish). Great base recipe. SInce I am low carb diet I used the suggestion to substitute the soup with broth and the cheddar with parmasean. As a RN, this if foreign to me. It was everyone’s favorite. This easy broccoli casserole recipe is very tasty without all the added cream and cheese. It can be made vegan by using non-dairy milk. Read my disclosure policy here. Just toss leftover or rotisserie chicken, broccoli, pasta, soup, yogurt and cheese in a casserole, top with Cheez-Its and bake. This broccoli casserole is one of my top picks, along with one pot goulash, slow cooker honey chicken and taco soup. 5 from 2 votes. Thanks for this great recipe! Stir the cooked rice, chicken, Cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup, yogurt, almonds, curry powder, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice into the broccoli until evenly mixed. This post may contain affiliate links. You will end up with more pieces of chicken than here but it will work out perfectly because you will have more flavor per bite and not have to cook it as long. If your chicken breasts are thick, I would recommend cutting them in half to make them thinner. This has been a family favorite for over 15 years. It comes out great!! Can I cut up the chicken into bite size pieces or will that make it too soupy because it doesn’t cook as long? This Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole is the perfect dinner for when you want some delicious comfort food. 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, Back to Easy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. One last thing before I go… If you are like me and feel like you need a regular stream of recipe inspiration, I would love it if you signed up to get the Easy Family Recipes email newsletter where I share what I am cooking and some new recipes that I have loved. It’s sooo delicious . These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe. 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Keto chicken broccoli casserole with crunchy broccoli and tasty shredded chicken covered in a rich cream cheese sauce and topped with cheese. I’m Kimber. Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram. using frozen broccoli vs. fresh steamed broccoli, making the rice well ahead of time (many times using leftover rice from a different meal), etc. This is my recipe. I used brown rice and used less cheese than what the recipe called for. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. I made one change and used sour cream instead of yogurt. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! You can sign up here or by clicking the button below. It may reduce it by about 5 minutes, but it really depends on the thickness of your chicken more than anything. ©2017 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: Bake, Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole, easy, Terms of Use – Disclosure & Privacy Policies, https://www.easyfamilyrecipes/broccoli-chicken-cheese-casserole, With sautéed greens- I really like spinach. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I like to leave them uncovered because it helps the additional liquid released by the food during cooking to evaporate so that your meal doesn’t end up soupy. The tighter all of this is packed in the dish, the longer it takes to cook. How will it effect the cooking time? Ingredients 5 cups cooked rice 2-3 cups cooked chicken shredded 400g broccoli, steamed (approximately 14oz) 1 cup sour cream/Greek yogurt 1 cup chicken stock 1 tbsp lemon juice salt and pepper to taste 2 tsp dried thyme 2 cups grated cheddar cheese potato chips roughly broken So make sure that you have a large dish so that your chicken can all lay flat. This recipe is wonderful but save yourself some time by using frozen broccoli. uncooked chicken breast or tenders diced 1 (12.6 oz) bag … I like doing this as it means I can leave it on in the morning as I go out and do my daily stuff then when I return in the evening it is ready to be used in this Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole In Under 30 Minutes dish. My husband and I moved our two boys over to California several years back, in … I’m not a brocolli fan, or cauliflower… but, made this and put over cauliflower rice. Just thaw and mix in with the other ingredents no need to pre cook. In a large bowl combine the chicken and broccoli evenly. Very yummy... really love the combination of all the flavors and the crunch the almonds bring. All these instructions are included in the printable card at the bottom. You can also make it the day ahead of time and bake in the oven when you are ready to eat. I hope this easy recipe is as loved by your family as it is by mine. There are a couple of things you can do to make sure you don’t have to cook this forever to get it done. This reminds me of a recipe my grandma used to make for us, but a LOT healthier version of it:). Enjoy! You can serve Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole so many ways which is awesome for if you have special dietary needs for some people in the family, or if you are serving guests who you would like to offer options, or if you just have picky eaters like I do! I just remembered it the other day, and now I’m going to make it again, and bring it to my daughter and grandchildren when this pandemic is over. This Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Casserole with stuffing on top is an entire easy dinner that bakes in one dish -- no prep required.Even the noodles and the chicken cook together in the same pan, making this recipe the answer to your busy weeknight prayers! I made this for my office Christmas party and it was delicious. I made this for dinner last night-great recipe. I am loving all these casserole dishes, lately. Next you will add your cream cheese mixture and smooth top of your Easy Chicken Casserole. It is very good and combines the creamy texture of the cheese sauce with the crunchy texture of the corn flakes. Your family will love it! Most of the chicken broccoli casseroles I've seen here all have mayonaisse. I made it as written except for using 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup of slivered almonds (that's how they're pkgd-didn't want to save small amounts). This healthy casserole is filled with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms in a savory light sauce. Easy Chicken Casserole layers. Could you use fresh broccoli in the recipe instead of frozen? https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Chicken-and-Broccoli-Casserole-9116004 Turned out wonderful! Hover over "serves" value to reveal recipe scaler, Campbell's condensed broccoli cheese soup. Like a past reviewer, I used chicken stock thickened with flour and cornstarch with a bit of skim milk added to it in place of the soup. Hi! Also I steam the broccoli. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, … When it comes to flavors we love, it doesn’t get more comforting than broccoli and cheese. Each oven cooks differently and climate and altitude also play a role in how your dish will cook. Another question I get a lot on making my chicken recipes are if they need to bake covered. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! I am being a wimp and don’t want to go out in the cold to get frozen broccoli. Info. I didn’t have the right soup, so I used a cream of chicken and a cheddar cheese. This was so easy and really really good. Skip to RecipeWhen it comes to flavors we love, it doesn’t get more comforting than broccoli and cheese. I have just a few notes and tips for you on the instructions for this recipe. With the combination of chicken, rice, broccoli, and of course cheese, you know it’s going to be delicious. I will definitely make this recipe again. Chicken Broccoli Casserole is super easy, super cheesy and there’s no canned condensed soup need either!. Mom's Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole (Chicken Divan) This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a family favorite. Flavors are subtle...esp loved the curry! Lay the chicken breasts flat in a large baking dish. Turned out good. I just wanted to show you some pictures of the recipe as I cooked it so you can see what the process looks like. Mom of 3 and home cook at Easy Family Recipes. I used to make this recipe years ago for my family. Cooked chicken; How To Make Healthy Chicken Broccoli Pasta Casserole. This quick and easy chicken recipe is a snap to prepare and bake. Used one condensed mushroom soup and one regular mushroom soup because I didn't have another condensed one. Very fresh flavor. In a greased 13×9 baking dish, stir together diced chicken, cooked rice, broccoli, condensed soup, sour cream, and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. My advice is to keep an eye on the Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole while it is baking and if the top starts to get more browned than you want, at that point loosely cover it with a piece of foil so that it can continue to bake until done without getting to brown. Top with the remaining grated cheddar, then with the breadcrumb topping. Enjoy and stay warm! I have made this a couple of times, each time modifying the recipe preparation methods to suit my schedule and personal preferences- i.e. It was really good! Nothing makes me happier than hearing others make and love the recipes I share. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. (If you need another next week try the Baked Chicken Fajitas! Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. During the week, I love to make easy dinner recipes that can be thrown together and made in no time. Yes, you can use fresh. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Our easy Chicken Broccoli Dumplings Casserole is an easy recipe using #NoYolks noodles for a lower fat complete dinner ready for the table. I may try it without almonds next time. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I think this is a healthier alternative than using regular soup that can be quite salty. In a large … Ick! Please scroll down to simply print out the recipe! ), One of the things I love most about this recipe is that you bake the chicken and broccoli in a creamy cheese mixture so you can serve it with rice, but you aren’t limited to that like many casseroles that have the rice baked in. What does OMG mean in the nutrition section? The chicken that I used was cooked using a crockpot all day and then easily shredded up. Preheat oven to 350°F. With only a few ingredients and one dish, this dinner is super easy to make and cleans up quickly. How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature.). Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Pour the broccoli cheese soup over the broccoli and chicken so that it is evenly covered and then top with the shredded cheddar cheese. Yes it will also work with fresh! This is a go to for busy weeknights since the kids love it as much as the adults and can be easily scaled to feed big or small families. Top … (But seriously… who doesn’t like rice?). First layer at the bottom of the casserole dish is all the shredded chicken breast. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Then top with the blanched or steamed broccoli. This is especially helpful since my daughter has decided all of the sudden, in the way that only a 5 year old can really do, that she no longer likes rice and won’t any meal that contains it. Hungry for more family-friendly recipes?