This instrument is perfect for blues, rock, country, metal, jazz, and just about every other style you can throw at it. This is why the value is a bit lower but it’s still a very good guitar at this price. £22.46 postage. FAQs About the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Is the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro different than the Gibson Les Paul? The guitar is moderately priced but you will get more than your money’s worth with this guitar so let’s dive in and have a look at this beauty. Case sold separately. There was a problem. The former is located in the neck, while the latter is at the bridge. Plus-top Pro has Probucker 2 Humbucker at the neck and Probucker 3 Humbucker at the bridge. Please refresh the page and try again. There’s a Bigsby and Vibromate setup in “her” future. This simple feature enhances the versatility of the Les Paul design while maintaining its classic appeal. I couldn't be happier. Read more: Epiphone Les Paul Tribute ‘Prizm’ Plus . This instrument also has “Pro Bucker” humbucking pickups which have more output than standard humbuckers do even the one son a regular Epiphone Les Paul. I’ve played many of these and they are all very nice to play. It plays well and has a great sound and at the price is surely unbeatable in terms of value for money. It has the standard cutaway so you can hit the higher notes in comfort as you blaze up and down the neck. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro offers all the familiar features of a classic Les Paul Standard—dual humbuckers, a maple top on a mahogany body, and a set neck with 24 3/4–inch scale—while adding the tonal versatility of coil tapping and the beauty of a AAA flame maple veneer top. The ProBucker pickups feature Alnico II magnets to provide classic PAF tones, while coil splitting enhances tonal versatility. The neck is very fast thanks to a 1960s, Slim Taper D profile so you can play chords with easy as well as solo all day long without a lot of hand fatigue. I was able to create many classes sounds with this guitar as it’s very close to a real Les Paul style sound. This concludes our Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro review. You also get Grover machine heads which keeps the guitar tuning stable and there is a Tune-O-Matic bridge which further enhances the tuning of this guitar. This is a solid guitar that is fun to make music on and it’s loaded with some extras as well. Epiphone offers 10 different finish options, including Vintage Sunburst, Trans Blue and five exclusive colors, like Iced Tea and Trans Black, available only from select retailers. With its classic appearance, versatile tonal palette and affordable price, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro provides more bang for the buck than the typical Les Paul. Prior to 1989, Epiphone's Les Paul … The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is the very top line of the Epiphone Les Paul style guitars. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro - Honey Burst Reviews Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop PRO is notable with its ProBucker 2 and ProBucker 3 pickups. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard is a fine guitar. I’d love to get another one and throw some P90’s in it. REVIEW: Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop PRO Peter Hodgson December 17, 2013 Epiphone offers many different takes on the Les Paul, from simple single-pickup Juniors to Floyd Rose … I love my Blue Plus Top Pro though! This Epiphone sounds very nice for a mid-priced guitar and it’s perfect for basically whatever you want to play. the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is a Solid Gibson Alternative! This guitar has a “coil tap” so you can access the sounds that single coils make in addition to the full humbucker sounds. £830.13. They even make the traditional Les Paul which is one of the most iconic guitars ever produced. © It also comes with two strap lock buttons for your guitar strap. The rock-solid bridge, tailpiece and Grover 14:1 tuners ensure that the guitar remains perfectly in tune. £52.41 postage. The top uses AAA flame maple veneer which helps to stabilize the guitar. When the coils are split, the treble is enhanced, but the overall tone is still fat, similar to a P-90, allowing you to get Burst and Goldtop tones from the same guitar. Epiphone: Les Paul Std PlusTop PRO Left Hand/Heritage Cherry Sunburst. That is because I truly believe that it depends on the person and I'm a little torn on Epiphone. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro … The Epiphone Les Paul Quilt Top PRO electric guitar combines the best of Les Paul's original design with new features that set this Epiphone guitar apart. The last one I had ,I ended up selling, sadly, but I now own a gorgeous Trans Blue Standard PlusTop Pro,so happy days are here again! the epiphone les paul is a les paul. This guitar does shine with the Probucker pickups but the coil tap really isn’t necessary because people play the Les Paul for that “Paul” sound, not a single coil sound. Starting with the neck and body, it’s made of mahogany. Les Paul SL Starter Pack. Epiphone is a top guitar brand as it’s the lower cost Gibson brand. I’ve owned 2 of them. It has become a recognized quality guitar by many and … The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is a cool evolutionary stage for Epiphone's Les Pauls. Guitar World is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is a well-designed guitar and it looks amazing at this price. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro faithfully duplicates the essential features and appearance of the classic late-Fifties Les Paul Standard. This guitar also features a big extra that enhances the sound. If you are a first-time beginner you may want something else as it probably has more features than you need. The edges of the neck are smooth for easy playing, and the trapezoid inlays stretch across 22 medium jumbo frets. There are no real downsides to this instrument. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro - Trans Blue Reviews For me the decision between the two is a no brainer. I looked at this guitar in several different categories including tones, playability hardware, and overall value. Professional Electronics The Les Paul Quilt Top PRO uses Epiphone… Whether you’re a pro or a beginner, this guitar has what it takes to bring out the … Having played numerous Les Pauls of various vintages over the years, I can attest that the Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro feels like an old friend. There is a wide range of different tones you can get out of it and it has all the basic hardware that a Les Paul Standard has so you can produce a lot of nice music with this instrument. They’re a great alternative to the costlier Gibson line for who are on a budget. Core features and specs At the heart of any genuine Les Paul from the Epiphone … BA1 1UA. Les Paul Muse. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro (shown above in Honey Burst, although you will see from the link it is also available in other colors) is a guitar I give the award for unnecessarily and stupidly … The D profile neck makes it easy to play. This instrument is a tone machine and capable of producing amazing Les Paul sounds that you’ll think it’s a real Les Paul but it’s not. The following content is related to the April 2013 issue of Guitar World. Those reasons start to make less sense when Epi … THEY’RE A LOT CHEAPER THAN A GIBSON LES PAUL. It features the standard two-tone, two volume and toggle switch. This means that you can also play “Strat-style” sounds on this guitar as well with the coil tap feature. This is probably the best Epiphone Les Paul guitar in their lineup and it has a lot of extras like the coil tap feature so you can get even more great tones out of this guitar than similar Les Paul style guitars. There's little surprise in terms of construction, although Epiphone … Combined with the 3-way toggle, these give you 8 killer tones in one great Les Paul guitar. Everyone wants a real Les Paul but they cost so much money. The D profile neck … It was a beautiful guitar, but the pickups were pretty bland. Both of them are using … Variations with the word "Pro" in the title include more sophisticated electronics … The neck is nice and smooth and the finish is free from blemishes. The Les Paul body is routed out in … The “coil tap” feature is great but you don’t get the real sound of a single coil and it would be better to just buy a Strat style guitar or similar for the full sound of the single coils. It’s this attention to detail that helps this instrument stand out as one of the best that Epiphone offers you. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Most people will find that the guitar plays well right out of the box. 7 Finish Options . The neck profile has the comfortable, slim profile of an early Sixties neck, and the detail in the fretwork is impressive for a guitar that sells for less than $500 on the street. The ProBucker pickups are perfectly dialed in to provide the ideal balance between clarity and warmth, with responsive attack, smooth sustain and fat midrange that gives the guitar a bold, assertive voice. It works great with a decent amplifier and you can use pedals with it easily. 3 Finish Options . The volume controls for each pickup also feature a pull switch, allowing you to engage coil splitting for each pickup separately. Two Epiphone ProBucker humbucking pickups with coil-splitting deliver big slabs of the fat, warm tones, … The pickups consist of a ProBucker 2 at the neck and a ProBucker 3 at the bridge, both featuring the same Alnico II magnets used in vintage PAF humbuckers. You won’t have any trouble with this guitar in terms of how it plays as it’s ready to rock. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro Left-Hand Heritage Cherry Sunburst. We’re going to give you an idea of their Standard Les Paul, to try and give you a baseline for other models you might look at, in Epiphone, and in other brands. Looks as close to a real Les Paul as you can get, Superior pickups to other “Les Paul style” guitars, The many options on the guitar might confuse beginners, Epiphone Les Paul 100 review – Rock out with a Classic, Epiphone Les Paul Special II Review – A Tone Machine for Beginners. Today, any Epiphone Les Paul with "Standard" in the name is a safe bet for someone looking for this iconic rock platform. This guitar comes about as close to a real Les Paul as you can get so it’s going to be a guitar that you’ll love to play. All rights reserved. Les Paul Standard has 2 Alnico Classic humbuckers. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, As for the fretboard, it’s constructed from Rosewood. Pack. You can read the differences for yourself right here: Gibson.com: Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Gibson.com: Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO … The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO has a beautiful AAA Flame Maple Veneer top and a traditional Mahogany body for the same classic tone that helped to make the Les Paul the world’s … Epiphone's range of Les Pauls is almost as broad as its USA parent company, Gibson. I did much research on the Epiphone Les Paul and decided to purchase the Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro from Amazon.com. If you want to create both single coil and humbucker sounds you will love this guitar for the coil tap feature. £699.26. However, this model’s tone is even more stunning than its classic looks and outstanding playability. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro offers all the familiar features of a classic Les Paul Standard—dual humbuckers, a maple top on a mahogany body, and a set neck with 24 3/4–inch … This situation was fixed in recent years as Epiphone introduced awesome Les Paul models with otherworldly mojo and a down-to-earth price. gibson and epiphone only brands authorized to use that name on their brands. Other enhancements include a LockTone Tuneomatic bridge and StopBar tailpiece that remain in place when the strings are removed. There were always some pretty good reasons you'd choose Gibson over Epiphone, regardless of price. The price of the Tribute Plus includes a HSC, the LP Standard Plus Top Pro does not. Thank you for signing up to Guitar World. Received it three days later. If you want a guitar that is very easy to play, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is the way to go. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50’s is even a different one with 2 Proprietary Humbuckers. The pickguard is at an angle so you can rest your hand on it which is the standard pickguard style for the Les Paul and it helps a lot with your control of the pick when playing. I wish I still had my other one. there were so quality control issues with gibson recently while epiphone quality has really come up. Ever since blues rockers like Clapton, Bloomfield and Page rediscovered the Les Paul Standard in the Sixties, it’s been difficult to find a bona fide Les Paul Standard for a price that doesn’t give you the blues. The neck is very easy to play and it’s good to go right out of the box. If you have always wanted a professional sounding guitar without breaking your bank account, the Top Prop by Epiphone is a good choice. Purchased the epi Les Paul standard plustop pro in dirty lemon on 1/05/2020. Epiphone has created a very good sounding Les Paul style guitar and this one meets that high standard with ease without the big budget price tag that many simply can’t afford. The guitar will sound best with fresh strings so be sure that you install those. The Epi Les Paul has power but sounds a bit veiled in the high end, and there's no mistaking the dark largeness to the sound. This is an Epiphone guitar that you’ll want to own whether you’re a beginner or have been playing guitar for some time. It has a nice “Les Paul” logo on the headstock as well as the name on the cover for the truss rod. Already it sounds like a guitar that’s going to feel and sound good at the same time. Didn't open it for two days so it could warm up to room temperature gradually. For the full range of interviews, features, tabs and more, pick up the new issue on newsstands now, or in our online store. They make many guitars at various price points for today’s player. The guitar shipped in 2 days, was well packaged, and was set-up … The Epiphone’s “Les Paul” line of guitars aren’t “Les Paul copies” ,otherwise the name wouldn’t be on the headstock. Bath The toggle switch changes you form the bridge to the neck pickup and back again. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro sets a new standard for guitars in its price range. $599.00. This guitar won’t need much of a setup as it offers superior comfort for your hands. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, The rise, fall and rediscovery of the Fender Jaguar, How to set up a Les Paul: 7 essential tips, Signed John Petrucci and Thurston Moore guitars headline massive COVID-19 charity auction, Trace Billie Joe Armstrong's roots and revisit an Eddie Van Halen rarity with this week's essential guitar tracks, Slash named his new signature Les Paul after the person who stole his old guitars, Jimi Hendrix’s Band of Gypsys Octavia pedal sells for $70,400 at auction, 3 Eddie Van Halen guitars sell for $422,000 at auction. Yes, of course. Rating and Reviews: Epiphone LP STD Plus PRO With a stunning flame maple top and ProBucker humbuckers that evoke vintage PAFs, this affordable Epiphone delivers serious Les Paul tone and style. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro is a well-designed guitar and it looks amazing at this price. This guitar is set to deliver you massive Les Paul style tones that will have you sounding great. See a professional if you don’t know how to do this on your own. Review Cart. Anyone will enjoy this guitar. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro is a beautiful electric guitar with a proud history and a prominent voice. ... Sign Up for Epiphone News & Special … i have a vintage sunburst and it is great looking and plays great as well. or Best Offer. Epiphone makes some very nice guitars and we will look at one of Epiphone’s best guitars with my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro review. The Epiphone LP Standard PRO is a serious upgrade from the Standard, and in my opinion shortens the gap between Epiphone and Gibson significantly. The nut is 1.68 inches wide and the overall scale of the guitar measures at 24.75 inches. Finish is awesome no … $499.00. I bought it back in 2001 ,it was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard model; Black with creme color binding and pick guard, and the plastic green tulip tuning machines on it. Players like Zakk Wylde, Alex Lifeson, Neal Schon, Ace Frehley, Mark Knopfler and many more have picked the Les Paul as their guitar and the Top pro gets very close to those classic Les Paul tones you desire. You will receive a verification email shortly. This guitar has good value but it’s rated a bit lower for a reason. Visit our corporate site. agree with the other comment posted. It may be a bit more expensive for some and you might want a more traditional Les Paul without the coil ta feature but it has everything else that you’ll need to produce nice sounds. If you’ve always wanted a Gibson Les Paul … It was a real bargain! Explore Pack. It’s well suited for beginners to professionals. The action can be easily adjusted via the truss rod and the bridge which will lower and raise your action to where you like it. The neck is nice and smooth and the finish is free from blemishes. These are all standard knobs and control the individual sounds of your pickups. So long as you don't want your sounds too high-gained, … The Epiphone Les Paul Standard was first introduced in 1989 and was originally made at the Samick Plant in Korea.Although not Epiphone's first Les Paul model, the 1989 Standards and Customs were their first Gibson-licensed set-neck Les Paul that closely resembled the original model. In terms of hardware, the Top Pro shines. We’d love to stay in touch, sign up for the Guitar World team to contact you with great news, content and offers. The body is mahogany as well as the top of the neck. The Epiphone is owned by Gibson, so the guitars are virtually … Checkout ... Les Paul Standard 50s. It comes in many different colors like Blueberry Burst, Honey Burst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Mojave Fade, Blood Orange Trans Blue, and Green Burst. The Epiphone Pro/FX guitar features a Floyd Rose Special nickel-plated tremolo. The LockTone Tuneomatic bridge and StopBar tailpiece enhance tone and sustain by remaining solidly locked in place. Made in China, of course, the price-point is far lower, and it is the ideal place to look for something a little different. Plus-top Pro …