Also read Everest Base camp packing for male. If you enjoyed reading this article, share it with your friends and family! Our outfitter referred us to your list. Medication and other essential items for Female Trekkers. I would also like peoples views on sleeping bags. Your email address will not be published. Here is the list of medication and essential items for Female trekkers. He was expecting to carry my hubby’s backpack too, but he decided to carry it himself. I am doing the trek this November would you recommend the same list of clothes? I had one and was really pleased. You can get these in sport shops in the running section. ), Camelpak drinking bottle (I always carried 2l of water with me and when my hydration pack was empty I used my bottle. The company I’m going with recommends a bag like the North Face Base Camp Duffel XL (155L), which looks HUGE! As the list is long, we recommend … The weather is unpredictable in Everest Base Camp. In Everest Base Camp Trek Everest Base Camp Trek Packing List – Complete Equipment Guide. And also if you want to get a close up shot of Everest, which you can see twice during the trek. Everest Base Camp Trek - Packing List for The Female Trekker When you go on the Everest Base Camp trek, it is important to take the right clothes and gear with you. Ultimate Packing List For Everest Base Camp Trek. Thus, it is suggested to bring down Jackets to keep yourself warm in the trekking. Members save on average $500 USD per flight! Get over $6,000 worth of business & marketing learnables for just $97! You can also book your hotels and rental cars. Sorry for my late response. This is the ultimate Everest Base Camp Packing List for the female trekker’s you should consider. I was wondering, you mentioned they sell stuff in Kathmandu, can you give me some general items they sell in terms of clothing and their approximate price range? There are actually guest houses/restaurants every couple of hours or so, so I tried to use facilities when we reached those. I hear 25L is plenty large? I discovered the power of the outdoors in my 20s, at the time I needed it most. I’d love to do it but don’t wanna get up there and freak out and freeze. That’s when we decided “Ok,” our next destination is Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal. Down boots are around $10 I think. So this trek is doable if you are fit and acclimatised, but a lot of people don`t make it due to the altitude. After 20 minutes I added a neutralizing tablet which took away the chlorine taste. Zoom lenses would be good animal shots (there are some goats and dears higher up). As mentioned above I didn’t wash with water as it was too cold for me, but I did clean myself with baby wipes, which was a great relief after a sweaty days trekking. Thanks again! I am scared of heights and I didn’t like those bridges at first, but after a few you get used to them. I hope the above article Everest Base Camp Packing List for the female trekker will help you while packing for the Everest Base Camp Trek. Or is that too heavy and unnecessary? He is super fit and even he had to walk extremely slowly and had to stop every 10 m on the last day on his way to Base Camp. Just sort of placed it in your day pack or did you have a case for it in there? ), Gaiters (to protect your boots and trousers from mud or rain), Waterproof stuff sack (for your electronics), Baby wipes (They were the most invaluable thing I have taken with me on my trek. You need to walk for 6-7 hours each day while on the trek. Camelpak. I need to carry all my luggage (travelling without porters) what could you have done without? You can always demonstrate to the little ones how to use them. They are the same shoes I had, just a different colour. Great list! Our porter found my backpack more comfortable. Thermal long sleeve (x2): Thermal will be the essential base layer during the majority of your trek days.Uniqlo’s Heattech is my go-to thermals. Here’s complete guide to Everest Base Camp packing lists. I would definitely take a down jacket with you, as nights can still be very cold and base camp is also freezing, even in mid April. Now 15 years later, prioritizing that critical connection with nature continues to improve my life. Museums and castles and parks and […]. usb/ 2 pin plug ? Hi Tammy, I am a person who feels the cold a lot (that’s why I moved to Cambodia) and I wish I had taken more warm clothes with me for these cold nights. Trekking with painful feet is the worst one can do actually, as it will seriously spoil your trek. It is suggested to have underpants with a softness that can be worn all day comfortably. P.O.Box:8974 EPC 420, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal. I hope this helps! Packing Cubes – Organize your luggage with the lightweight, durable and compressible Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Compression Cubes. I would add a plastic coffee canister with lid and wide mouth. The materials used should be capable of preventing chafing, rubbing, and maintain the body’s natural temperature. The idea of traveling through different trails and naturally blessed places is itself fascinating. Don’t use your hiking boots if they hurt you. So in the morning I wore the onion look (base layer, mid kayer, outer layer). Otherwise it would have bounced off my belly all the time, which would have been annoying. This article is about Everest Base Camp packing list for Female. We would also appreciate it if you could give us a rating below. Thanks again for hosting the packing list Brooke! Most Important things that should not miss, The trail to Everest Base Camp is probably the most developed hiking route I have ever been to. Colouring books and pens are always nice. Females go through the menstrual cycle every month. Thanks! Here is the list of clothes that a female trekker should carry for EBC trek. I currently have a +5 synthetic bag and I can only assume this is not going to be any good, especially the higher up I go. She is a hardworking and confident writer. We are being held to a 33 lb total weight limit on the flight and are having a lot of difficulty meeting it. This list is a comprehensive Everest Base Camp packing list. Mostly what did I missed to bring and the most useful stuff from my packing list. If you have any queries about this trail, please do not hesitate to. Also, some personal stuff requires as being a female trekker. Speakeasy Supply Co. – They make the awesome hidden pocket infinity scarves that are perfect for stashing secret cash, lip balms, and passports. However, you should remember the cost is higher up in the Himalayas. Most lodges have an outlet for charging. Did you find much use for a zoom (out to ~300mm?). My daypack was 30l and I had a fleece, rainjacket, rain trousers, water, shewee, pain killers, blister plasters, hat, gloves and snacks in there. But my lens was perfectly fine to be honest, so if you are worried about weight, I’d leave the zoom lens at home. So, let’s say you can find almost everything that you get in your local grocery store. Allowing hikers to shop almost every camp, email, internet, and cellular data all the way up to base camp. I took my first solo adventure to the Everest Base Camp in the month of May. I think there are some trekking/photography backpacks out there though (Lowe Pro and Jack Wolfskin). What would you recommend for little gifts for village children? ), Polarized sunglasses with UV protection that can be worn at 5500m altitude, Hydration sack (i.e. It covers most of the needs during the trek. They are comfy, they warm you when it is cold, cool you when it is warm and you don’t stink like a beast after those numerous steep ascents. Depending on the time and season, the weather will be cold. HI Tammy, So there you have it, that's our packing list for Everest Base Camp. If you have any other questions you can contact me through my blog, facebook or twitter. Most likely, you will need to wear the same clothes over and over If you prefer to stay light. I wore my headband in addition to a hat when it was really cold. would you recommend another pair or are these the only ones you have experience with? and what did u know to wear each day? Along with content management, she works as a digital marketer. Everest Base Camp falls under high altitude trek. I have trekked all over Nepal, but the Everest region remains my favourite. Weather might be slightly better in mid April, but the weather is really unpredictable. HI! They are the mandatory items from Everest Base Camp trek packing list for the female trekker. Thanks, Tammy! I am doing the trek early December so will be cold. 1. I used to ask for tap water in the mountain huts and then sterilized the water with chlorine tablets. My husband went higher than Base Camp to the viewpoint at about 5700m. Thank you for sharing the information regarding EBC. But, in order to trek to this place, you need to list all the things that you need to pack. ), Travel wash (I only used it to wash underwear and socks), Deck of cards (it can get a bit boring in the evenings), A book (Everest related books are good to get you motivated, i.e. Btw I love the she wee I’ll definitely buy one online. Apart from that everything above is probably pretty essential, especially the warm clothes. It is extremely important you should travel light. During the day you go Base camp or sunrise for Kalapatthar, you need a good pair of Gloves, which should be a windproof and warm layer inside. Bring a plug with multiple outlets so can charge several devices at once. I did my trek in March and everywhere I looked beforehand said that the climate would be warm, which is partly true, but mountains can be mean in that sense and weather can change from one one minute to the other. I hired a porter who strapped the duffel bag and backpack together and carried both. This is going to sound like a girly girl question but is it very scary? Everest Base camp post-trip packing list review with gear assessment & recommendations. This is an absolutely critical item for any Everest base camp packing list. Joanna, I’m going 2017 same time. I usually suffer from a lot of headaches, and was worried that I’d get them at high altitude too. Some NGOs have started hygiene and health workshops though, so I think it is worth bringing them. Talkum powder helps take the moisture out of your feet and you will look less like a wrinkly old woman. Because we traveled around the U.A.E., Sri Lanka and Oman before flying to Nepal, we didn’t have many warm clothes and other hiking essential with us when arriving in Kathmandu.. I used it to pee in at night in the lodges. It has a wonderful combination of scenic mountains, beautiful villages, and well-maintained trekking trails. I bought a she wee but it hasn’t filled me with confidence. Everest Base Camp Packing List for the female trekker, As a female hiker, if you are planning to hike Everest Base camp. As Everest base camp is a cold windy, it is easy to burn your skin. (even for a guy ) A few questions… How did you carry your SLR? They use it daily. Preeti is a freelancer, blogger, content writer as well as ghostwriter. I don’t think there is anything I’d take additionally actually. I’ve decided I might be better off with hiking shoes instead (still leather and waterproof, but not up to my ankles). As a female hiker, if you are planning to hike Everest Base camp. Hire a porter (unless you are strong enough to carry your backpack). The rest was split between my daypack and backpack. The trail has a lot of up and down, rough and strewn with rocks. In December you probably also won’t need a facemask. So, you will need to have everything in your bag earlier. ), 2 trekking poles (They saved my life literally. It is good to have some in your first aid list. I had one 65l backpack with me incl. © 2020 Her Packing List. This is the ultimate Everest Base Camp Packing List for the female trekker’s you should consider. Read Next! When I got AMS my guide had to hold my left arm to aid me down the mountain and if I hadn’t had my poles on the other side I would have stumbled a few times. In Everest, you might suffer from high altitude cough, light headaches, and dizziness on the process of acclimatization. Everest Base Camp Packing List: The Essentials Day Packs. My daypack only weighed maybe 5kg and the big backpack was about 10kg, but I hired a porter to carry that. I didn’t find any of the ridges or cliffs scary though. For down jacket price in Nepal, click here. Here, you'll find our complete Everest Base Camp packing list.It offers detailed information on all the gear you'll need on your trek to the World’s most famous mountain base camp. Turkish Towels – They’re thinner than most travel towels, and they actually cover your body! Hey Kristy, No worries, I was worried about that too at first. Everest Base Camp Trek Packing List for The Male and Female Trekkers. Like many narrow ridges, cliff faces etc to walk along? Due to the unfit shoe, blisters can be seen in your feet, which can make you difficult while trekking. But, before you pack, collect the detailed information of the weather and temperature of the trekking trail. What Meds to Bring for Your Everest Base Camp Trek. I have a pair of hiking boots that I’ve been breaking in for a while, but they seriously hurt my ankles on the surface (severe rubbing against my skin, causing abrasion and bleeding). It is suggested to carry a bra with softness having extended length and stable inner shelf. It’s good to know we won’t be broiling when we land in Lukla under all of our clothes! Short sleeve shirt: If you are going in the off season like May to September, it can actually be blazing hot from Lukla to Namche.Bring at least one short sleeve t-shirt for warmer days. Gears play a vital role while on the trek. If you would like to read about my experience of trekking EBC you can do that here. It helps you to adjust to any weather in Everest Base Camp Trek. Love your info…. All affiliate links are denoted by an asterisk*. I’ve heard toothbrushes and pens… And of course the porters and guide – anything from Australia take their fancy?? We can’t get enough of Turkish towels for travel. In this post, we discuss a complete packing list for the Everest Base Camp trek, including clothes, gear, electornics, and all sorts of nifty little extras from our personal experience doing this trek. Although the weather is never promising in the mountains, you can choose the best time to travel to Everest Base Camp too. I would use it in my room and empty and rinse in the morning. I only had my box standard 55mm lens with me, because of the weight. It is suggested to take woolen socks, which are breathable and cotton socks, which are good at absorbing. A neck gaiter is perfect for keeping you warm and block the strong wind in your face and neck, whereas headbands help keep your hair tied without bothering while on the trek. While I just carried one hiking shoes and slippers, I survived well enough. While packing for Everest Base Camp Trek, remember lighter you go happier you are. The trek is very dusty at times, which is not nice when you are breathing and it can cause you getting coughs, which is not good when you have to trek 6 hours each day for 12 days. The terrain can be quite rocky at times and you have to do a lot of up and downhill walking and boots give you a much better support for this. I went in late March/early April. I’m doing the EBC trek later this month and the one thing i can’t get much information on is having to pee while trekking. It includes the layers you should bring to ensure you’re warm during the climate fluctuations of the Himalayan region, gear to make your trek accessible and comfortable, and supplies to help you have the best experience possible. ), >> Read why these are so important in the article: My Camping & Hiking Packing Disasters, Trekking sandals (to wear in the evenings to let your feet breath a bit), Down shoes (you can buy them during your trek and I wore them in the evenings to keep my feet warm), Lightweight windproof fleece (for daytime trekking), Warm fleece (for the nights – I slept in mine), Down jacket (it is too hot wearing it during the day apart from when you reach base camp which is freezing cold, but I wore it in the evenings and at night in my sleeping bag), Synthetic raincoat (should also be windproof), Waterproof raintrousers (the ones you can wear above your normal trousers), Fleece headband (mine had a lining on the inside which wicked away sweat. What lenses did you find most useful. Basically anything you need in case the weather changes quickly. Get proper bags to carry your loads. I carried my DSLR around my neck and then tucked the lens into the hipbelt of my backpack. The secret is to go really fast and DO NOT look down. Many people trek to Everest Base Camp in Oct-Dec, which is the peak season of trekking in Nepal and also the cold season. You need a perfect pair of socks for Everest Base Camp Trek. My name is Marie, and I traveled to Everest Base Camp with one of my best friends, Christine. See our review of the famous Skyler pants. 17.09.2018 - Getting ready to trek to Everest Base Camp? Everything else was in my main pack and I hired a porter to carry it. So, did you bring your sleeping bag on the flight, or did you rent one, as I thought you mentioned in your post? Required fields are marked *. They work really hard! We heard about Nepal and Everest Base Camp but wasn’t sure if we will ever make it until we met some backpackers in Hanoi Vietnam who just came from Everest Base Camp Nepal. Have fun! A lightweight cap or hat is suggested for comfortable trekking. I know its a lot more to plan and hard to take a decision about what to include and what not and how much to include in your trek packing. As you go higher, the elevation increases, and there is the chance that you may be caught by altitude sickness. If you plan to trek on the months of March to April and September-October, light cotton shirt and shorts will do at lower altitude. I think it is easier to get your gear out of those as they have easy access pockets for your camera. I was wandering if anyone has a packing list for this time of year?. I’m doing the EBC in February. The transportation is by plane and helicopter. They don’t necessarily prevent you from getting AMS though [I got it at 4900m despite taking Diamox], but they certainly helped me at lower altitude. You won’t actually have to pee very much while you are trekking though, as you will be sweating a lot, however if you have to pee and there is no toilet in sight you should use your she wee. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated! If you are under some medication, do not forget to bring those with you as health is wealth. My name is Kristen, and this is my outdoor blog. This article will describe the Everest Base Camp Trek Packing List for Female Trekkers. While on the trek to EBC, you won’t get much time for washing. They are also invaluable for steep ascents as you can lean your whole bodyweight on them and they help your knees getting less battered during descents as well. In addition to that, I am covering some of the most common questions you may have on Everest Base Camp Packing List for the female trekker — mainly the facilities and the available resources on this trek for female hikers. Holding baby crocodiles in Australia. I’m going in January and this is exactly what I’m looking for, thank you. The patgs are all pretty wide. Thus, it is crucial to carry sanitary pads with you. It was a great talk and inspiring for us when they said Nepal was their favorite country and Everest Base Camp itself. So be mindful. Follow our article for ideas on what to pack. I have left the majority of my luggage in my hotel in Kathmandu for the duration of the trek and I only took my trekking gear with me. Having just returned from my Everest base camp trek in Nepal, I thought it would be useful to share my entire Everest base camp kit list as a point of reference for future trekkers.. If you have time I’d buy a different pair of boots (ideally one size bigger than your normal size, so that you can comfortably wear two pairs of socks). Airbnb – Airbnb is the best place to book out apartments around the world. Plus I was the only one in the mountain huts that smelled like baby. There is both a free and premium version (recommended for more sweet deals). Save this post on Pinterest Written by Kristen Bor Hey there! I personally haven’t tried them out yet though. We are going in March/April and I don’t know if we should have a sleeping bag with extreme temperature -10 or -20. Tourists can also see natural scenery like the beautiful, sacred lake of Yamdrok Tso, and Karo glacier, and beautiful views of Mt. So convenient. […] Ultimate Female Packing List for the Everest Base Camp Trek […], […] by 360 degrees of Himalayan Mountains. This shoe helps you to keep your feet warm in the extreme cold area. and what did you carry in your daypack vs left in the backpack for the sherpa? The route to Everest Base Camp is rough and tough. We hired a guide and porter, but I could imagine how hard it could be if I’m to put loads on my shoulder where the oxygen level is below 50%. This list is the best thing I have come across, such a help! Hi Tammy – leaving for Kathmandu next Sunday for a Dec 18 departure for EBC. I’m doing the trek in january 15. a few questions if you don’t mind.. roughly how much did all that gear weigh? ), Travel sized shampoo (used once during the trek), Face masks (The ones that doctors wear. This is the time when the temperatures remain quite bearable with the fewer chances of rainfall and dense snow. Trusted Housesitters – Save money on travel accommodation by becoming a housesitter. I think there was some restriction on the luggage when I went too. It is crucial to carry proper socks to keep your feet dry and warm. We especially love this bag. Dollar Flight Club – Get flight deal alerts for your preferred departure airport. Could you tell me the specification of your sleeping bag? Thanks! I prefer Camepak to other bottles as it is more convenient to drink out of these, as you don’t have to unscrew the bottle. Without sound equipment, trekking is not possible. Nothing eases the pressure. You should always apply and reapply sunblock throughout the trek to protect your skin. Especially if you are hiking without support. --> The Brave at Business Bundle. However, it is very comfortable to have one when you reach the camp. HI! Here is the list of shoes that the female trekkers need to carry on Everest Base Camp Trek. Some things are essential, which needs to be with you all the time on the trek.