I appreciate your comment ! For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’. Chris took in a tray to work and they disappeared before 9 a.m. – that’s a pretty good sign , Reese’s Peanut Butter S’mores Oatmeal Cookie Bars, Peanut Butter Caramel Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Coconut cherry bars recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. These are so yummy and easy to make. ©2020BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. Bake for 25-27 minutes, until the coconut turns golden brown. powdered sugar 2 eggs, slightly beaten 1 c. granulated sugar 1/4 c. flour 1/2 tsp. If you love cherries, chocolate, and coconut together like I do - prepare for true bliss! baking powder 1/4 tsp. These are fantastic! Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well. vanilla 3/4 c. chopped nuts 1/2 c. coconut 1/2 c. quartered maraschino cherries You can now include images of your recipes in your comments! When firm, remove from the freezer and cut into 12 bars, about 10 cm × 4 cm. Bake for 12 minutes (or 15 minutes for a doubled recipe). Learn how your comment data is processed. Be sure to use the highest quality ingredients you can find for the best results. Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top, alternating (nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, cherries - repeat), making sure to distribute evenly. Required fields are marked *. If you would like to double this recipe, it will fill a standard 9x13 pan. I have been wanting to make these bars for proabably a good three years. Let the bars come to room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before serving them so they are at their creamy best. Dinners, desserts, and everything in between! Let cool completely before slicing. Firmly press oat mixture into the … Thanks for the input ! Crazy I know! These bars will earn adults an A+, because they're a cinch to make and very wholesome … salt 1 tsp. The coconut on top gets beautifully toasted and is the perfect complement to the rich chocolate and sweet cherries. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Mix together the eggs, almond extract and lemon juice and stir into the cherry mixture. Preheat oven to 350F (325F for glass dish). ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Pour the filling over the crust and top with the remaining coconut. Return pan of water to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Combine all crust ingredients in food processor and blitz until dates are crumbly … Pour the filling over the crust and top with the remaining coconut. Learn how to cook great Coconut cherry bars . I will make this again but will make sure I measure exactly 1 cup diced cherries. See more ideas about cherry bars, desserts, cherry pie bars. Let butter melt in oven while it's preheating. Pour chocolate over cherry coconut layer; spread evenly with a spatula. I used walnuts but I think pecans would be a great substitution should you so desire. Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes! And trust me, I’ve had my fair share. Step 3: Toast 1 1/2 cups of coconut … The cherry, chocolate and coconut combination are totally singing to my heart! Bake for 25 … Remove from the oven and let the crust cool for 10 minutes while preparing the filling. Cut into 12 bars. I LOVE Challenge Butter! coconut oil, vanilla, coconut oil, sweetener, shredded coconut and 5 more Blueberry Lemon Coconut Bars Plant-Based Cooking chia seeds, fresh lemon juice, old fashioned oats, lemon zest and 9 more Bake at 350°F for 15 - 18 minutes. Simply increase the cooking times by a minute or two for slightly thicker bars in the smaller size pans. If you love cherries, chocolate, and coconut together like I do – prepare for true bliss! Filed under: Bars, Coconut, Desserts, Gluten Free Baking, Recipes. It’s like a cherry bon bon with coconut and they are just unbelievably good! The season (read: the inexpensive cherries) will only last a few weeks and we’ve been eating cherries almost every day. I used two cups fresh whole cherries. Place butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place in oven. These look divine, and the time for magic bars is long overdue around here…. Pat into a 9-inch square pan lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Place the diced cherries and 1 cup of shredded coconut in a bowl. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Place in the freezer for 1–2 hours. It was too much. Finally found a keeper recipe for all those fresh picked cherries. I just made them. Freeze for 1 hour or until set (alternatively, refrigerate for 3 hours or until set). Cherry Coconut Magic Bars have all your favorites in one easy to make dessert bar! I’m not a huge fan of sweetened coconut, but always follow recipes the first time, as written. PIN IT NOW!! Apr 24, 2018 - Want to make pink lamingtons? These looks delicious Mary! ** Substitute 1/4 cup brown rice flour for a gluten free recipe. Back-to-school for kids means back-to-bake-sales for parents. Best if served the same day. 2. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Healthy (well, healthier) dessert time!Allow me to introduce one of my fave granola recipes to date: dark chocolate Cut into bars … Coconut cherry bars recipe. For more cherry inspiration, check out a few more great recipes! Cherries, chocolate and coconut. They taste great but a word of warning.. Make sure to really pat the maraschino cherries completely dry. Get one of our Coconut cherry bars recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. I don’t know that there are three other ingredients that go together quite so well and in magic bars – forgetaboutit! Try our cherry and coconut lamington recipe. Transfer the cherry mixture to a food processor, add the coconut and blitz until it comes together in a ball. Coconut Cherry Bars I enjoy whipping up batches of these by the dozen. Check at 20 minutes and if not done, give it one or two more minutes before checking again. You really want these magic bars with just a “hint” of golden brown on top. Please read my disclosure policy. 1 jar - drained, quartered or halved and patted dry, I used walnuts but pecans would be amazing. Let me know if you give these a try. 1 c. flour 1/2 c. butter 3 tbsp. Sign up to get my new recipes in your inbox! But anything with lots of chocolate chips & toasted coconut sounds amazing to me! Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, coconut, peanuts (if desired) and cherries. Cool. Step 2: Sift the flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the wet mixture. Place remaining chocolate in reserved bowl over water; stir until melted. Cherries, chocolate and coconut.I don’t know that there are three other ingredients that go together quite so well and in magic bars – forgetaboutit! Combine flour, butter and sugar, cutting together using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. I don’t use cherries in baking NEARLY enough. I usually microwave all three together for about 20-30 … * Substitute 1/3 cup tapioca starch plus 2/3 cup brown rice flour for a gluten free recipe. Both would be excellent choices! Your email address will not be published. In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your coconut butter with your sticky … 2 dark chocolate bars, chopped (I used Cadbury) 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and chopped; Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir until well coated. Let’s be friends! Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs. Enjoy! I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The filling was soggy. Every since I made the Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars I just knew that a cherry version would be off-the-charts delicious. Add in oats and mix well. Pinned! Guess it’s time to start! I used walnuts for this recipe but any nuts will do including pecans and almonds. Don’t hate me but… I’ve still never baked — or even eaten — magic bars. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Then I fill the decorative tins I collect all year long with the luscious bars and give them as oven-fresh Christmas presents. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray, pressing firmly to ensure it binds. All Rights Reserved. This post may contain affiliate links. Cream together butter and sugars. Fresh cherry and coconut laminations Lamingtons,… Tags Delicious Cakes beautiful Delicious Cakes birthday Delicious Cakes flavors easy … Every since I made the Raspberry Coconut Magic Bars I just knew that a cherry … The bars taste like a combination of chocolate covered cherry bars and a macaroon. If using fresh cherries, pit and de-stem the cherries (if using frozen, combine all … You'll need to register or log in to upload images. You can make this recipe in an 8, 9 or 10 inch square pan. I subbed in unsweetened coconut flakes rather than the sweetened shreds, and just sprinkled some muscovadomsugar on top to accent the sweetness – theyr'e jammy, tart, sweet without going overboard, and I love the texture! Coconut & Sour Cherry Bars … Doubling this recipe will fill a 9x13 pan. If you decide to double the recipe, the bars freeze well and thaw perfectly in less than an hour. I have been wanting to make these bars for proabably a good three years. Copyright ©2020, Mom On Timeout. I don’t know that I’ve had a more delicious bar, ever. They pretty red makes them perfect for Valentine’s day! Fresh cherries and coconut are baked into a gooey, sweetly tart filling over a crisp shortbread crust. I've been looking for a recipe to use up the cherries I have! Hi, I’m Mary. There aren’t a whole lot of ingredients in these magic bars. Jan 3, 2020 - Explore dolores urato's board "cherry bars", followed by 453 people on Pinterest. Lamington cakes, originally from … ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Double Chocolate Almond Ice Cream, TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes, THREE YEARS AGO TODAY: Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. These cherry coconut bars are made with sweetened condensed milk which gives them that chewiness we all love so much. Now I know I can sub in the unsweetened flakes. Love these magic bars, Trish! Coconut oil is the binding agent for the filling, so these bars are best kept refrigerated since coconut oil melts at about 24°C (just 3 degrees warmer than room temperature). By Trish - Mom On Timeout January 21, 2015 Christmas, Christmas Recipes, Dessert, Favorites, Recipes, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day Recipes. ©2020 BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. 3. They will add too much moisture otherwise. Welcome to Mom On Timeout where I’m serving up real food for real families! They have a simple shortbread crust that is topped with a sweet, lemony, cranberry- coconut layer. To serve, insert wooden stick into each. Those sweet maraschino cherries do the most amazing things for these bars as well as add a pretty pop of color (perfect for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!). We never share your information with third parties and will protect it in accordance with our. I’m the author, cook, photographer, and travel lover behind the scenes here at Barefeet In The Kitchen. These Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Bars are so easy, it's almost hard to believe! For all dessert recipes, go HERE. Read More…. For all appetizer recipes, go HERE. Sprinkle with flour, brown sugar and salt. Don’t over bake. These bars would be perfect for the coconut lover in your life! Once you spot fresh cranberries in the stores (by mid-October), it’s time to bake these Cranberry Coconut Bars! Stir to coat. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Your email address will not be published. Stir together the butter, sugar and flour for the crust and press the mixture into the bottom of a well-greased or parchment lined 10” square pan. Cranberry Coconut Bars are a delicious, hand-held sweet treat to make in the fall. Disclaimer: As an Ambassador for Challenge, I was provided product and compensation for this post by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are, as always 100% my own. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too! The base of this recipes starts with some almond butter, honey and a little vanilla extract. They're great for morning snacks when you're on the run and you don't … These bars were a huge hit with friends and family when I made them and there wasn’t a single bar leftover. With fresh cherries finally in abundance, I’m making the most of them while they last.