Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Congrats! Mix in the oil, salt, and flour to make a dough. Place the pizza on the pizza stone (I keep it on the silicone mat or parchment paper) and cook for 7-9 minutes, until the cheese … Some flatbread pizzas have salads on them, others have full blown meals on top of them (short rib flatbread pizzas – yum!) Flatten 1 dough ball out into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Let stand for about 10 minutes, then drain and chop. Don’t forget to leave a reply below or share the recipe with on social media – sharing is caring! Homemade Fig Jam. However, after being exposed to these yummy flatbread recipes, they have since grown on me. Mix the fig jam and the balsamic vinegar with a fork until blended. Always looking for untraditional pizza recipes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Went great with a bottle of cab. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the crust has turned golden brown at the edges. Place in pizza oven for 5-7 minutes (until cheese is melted and turning slightly golden in places) and the prosciutto begins to crisp. I added a photo. Arrange goat cheese, figs cut side up, cooled onions around on crust. Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. Even picky eaters will love this flatbread type of pizza. A must try for anyone who loves sweet and/or loves bacon! I did reduce the fennel a tad because I don't care for it that much. You know me with my simple ingredient list and easy to make instructions. It impressed a bunch of my French friends-- irrefutable proof of a good recipe! Smear on a thick layer of goat cheese on the pizza dough’s entire surface. Set aside. 630 calories; protein 18g 36% DV; carbohydrates 100.8g 33% DV; fat 17.9g 28% DV; cholesterol 22.4mg 8% DV; sodium 736.2mg 29% DV. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the flour and salt and, with the mixer running on low speed, drizzle in the olive oil. Punch down the pizza dough, and stretch into a circle about 1/4 inch thick. This yummy pizza consists of just 4 ingredients. Next time I will add proscuitto as well! Love goat cheese and figs. Look in the flatbreads section or even in deli. I mix some of the cheese with a little fig (or sometimes rasp/cranberry)preserves to moisten it a bit and then add figs generously on top. Crumble goat cheese and place evenly on the fig jam. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar, about 1/2 teaspoon per pizza. Easy To Cook, Creamy Crock Pot Chicken With Peas, Scrumptious And Easy To Cook, Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Is A Family Favorite, Apple Pie Pop Tarts Are the Best Mini Apple Pies, Apple Pie French Toast A New Take On Breakfast, Candy Cane Martini – Cheers To The Christmas Season, Gingerbread Martini The Best Cocktail This Christmas Season, Learn How To Make The Best Pistachio Amaretto Martini. Therefore, I’m going on a limb and calling it a flatbread pizza for comparison. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I love to eat, but hate to waste time cooking, baking, and mixing up yummy cocktails! I simplify it by using store-bought dough. I topped my pizza with a drizzling of olive oil, minced garlic, Fontina cheese, chopped prosciutto and spoonfuls of fig jam. I added a little drizzle of acacia honey and fresh ground pepper and used frozen quartered figs instead of dried. Cut into quarters and serve warm. It’s pretty filling so it is a great choice for dessert – it could possibly keep you from overeating this yummy dessert. Anyone who’s a fan of goat cheese know that it’s best to balance it out with sweetness. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Required fields are marked *. Note from the recipe writer: This is meant to be a dry cocktail pizza. Follow me to see how. You have been warned. This delectable pizza has contrasting tastes that combine exquisitely. Flatbread pizzas are much more than just mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, or mushrooms. Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini Meals, Heels, and Cocktails-Lauren. ¾ cup warm Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almondmilk, 110-115 degrees F Brush the surface lightly with remaining olive oil. Scatter the dried figs slices & pieces of goat cheese or brie over the pizza. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Fig jam, goat cheese, a slice of fresh fig on toast and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Pulse 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, bread flour, 1 1/2 Tbsp. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I'd recommend blending the oil olive into the goat cheese and then spreading it on the crust. A little bit high class, but incredibly simple to make. Dot with pieces of goat cheese. Spread the fig jam over the dough, leaving 1/2" around the perimeter of the dough. Roll out 1/3 of the pizza dough as thinly as possible. Hear me out. Prosciutto, Basil, Fig Jam & Goat Cheese Crostinis A Pretty Life in the Suburbs. Place on a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Just 4 easy to find ingredients are needed to make this delectable meal; crescent rolls (I prefer Pillsbury Crescent Rolls), fig jam, goat cheese, and rosemary. Spread half the fig preserves over each pizza crust. If you love the idea of a savory cheese, you might want to try my Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. Spread fig … Sprinkle the thyme, salt and pepper over the jam. Add to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted on the top. As an individual pizza served on the back deck with a bottle of wine while overlooking the wild grapes in my yard and dreaming of … Put pre-baked pizza crust on a baking pan or pizza stone. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Roll out the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together to form a rectangular pizza dough. Delicious and easy for summer! Evenly spread a thin layer of fig preserves over the entire pizza (leave room for crust). Next, pour in the yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined. However, I need to fix that as soon as possible because I am a huge fan of this combination lately. Spread the jam over the crust, leaving a 1 inch border as the jam will spread when hot. Yum, indeed! Preheat the oven to 500F. Outstanding recipe! We've eaten this time and time again. Super simple and tasty. I cannot be to blame if you overeat this from this point on! Place flattened dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Dot with goat cheese, and cover with shredded fontina. I'm giving 5 stars to the amended version--it's my friend Lori's innovation. Roll the dough in a large rectangle. Keep going until it's mixed through. Hemp Organic Apron . But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. And as they grown on you, they become addictive and you find yourself craving these types of foods! Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Top each with 1 ounce of the crumbled goat cheese and 1 ounce of the prosciutto. This makes a regular appearance anywhere I go. Sprinkle big chunks of goat cheese on top of the fig preserves and then add the slices of prosciutto. I dried and froze fresh figs. Sprinkle the cheese over the pizza. Then sprinkle the caramelized onions, sliced figs, and goat cheese across the top of the pizza. After all, it does have figs on it and figs are a fruit, thus, making this a deliciously different type of breakfast! Place the pizza dough on a heavily floured surface and stretch and pull, using your hands or a rolling … salt, and 1 cup water in a food … This fig and goat cheese pizza is a delicious pizza, but is not your average dough, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese pizza. Just increase the cheese and oil until it's moist enough for you. Sprinkle rosemary over the entire pizza. Spread the fig jam all over. The sweet taste of figs with the poignant taste of goat cheese really blends well with their clashing tastes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Prepare the Pizza: Place a pizza stone in an oven, and preheat oven and stone to 500°F. Spread the caramelized onions over the jam. There are a variety of funky pizza concoctions that are added to flatbread that create fancier pizzas. Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese, scatter the prosciutto across the top and finish with the crumbled goat cheese. Spread the caramelized onions over top, then crumble remaining goat cheese over caramelized onions. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Your email address will not be published. … Pizza Cutter. It will be sparse, but there is plenty of flavor. It makes a great pizza crust. It has 3 of the 4 food groups in it (dairy, bread, fruit), therefore, it makes a great choice for either meal. Set aside to rise for about 45 minutes. and the list goes on and on. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (less for a more doughy pizza, more time for a crispy crust). Directions. Bake for … Top with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and then top with caramelized onions, pancetta, figs, remaining mozzarella cheese, and crumbled goat cheese. Toss the arugula with a smidge of olive oil, sea salt & … Continue to cook and stir until the onions are a dark brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Home Fig Jam or Non-GMO Fig Jam (my favorite is Divina Orange Fig Spread). Place into an oiled bowl, and cover with a clean towel. Then press the onions seeds and thinly sliced figs into the cheese before you bake. Flatbread pizzas have been trendy for some time now. Changes I made: fresh sliced figs 1 thinly sliced shallot and a ready made Naan crust topped with fresh parsley. A few years ago, I would have said, hell no to this pizza! Spread the fig jam over the dough, leaving 1/2″ around the perimeter of the dough. Flip and then lightly spread olive oil on dough. I love my red sauce pizzas with mozzarella cheese and pizza dough after all. It contains dried figs, caramelized onions and tangy goat cheese on a homemade crust. oil, 1 tsp. fig jam, goat cheese, Italian bread, sweet onion, fresh thyme and 2 more. While I wouldn’t completely say that this fig and goat cheese pizza is technically a flatbread pizza, it is much thinner and breadier (is that even a word?) The pizzas only need to bake long enough for the cheese to get bubbly then hit each pizza with a fresh bunch of arugula before you serve them. https://reciperunner.com/fig-prosciutto-goat-cheese-grilled-pizza Add a layer of fig spread then add 3/4 the goat cheese, reserving a bit to crumble over top. The sweet goodness of this pizza is like a breakfast pizza. Be sure to sprinkle the toppings evenly. Or you can go ahead and combine the two in a pretty bowl, with the goat cheese on the bottom and the fig preserves on top. Spread the fig jam over the dough, leaving 1/2″ around the perimeter of the dough. Your email address will not be published. Most supermarkets sell naan, so you should be good to go. Crumble goat cheese and place evenly on the fig jam. Recipe Resources. Add the onions; cook and stir until they are wilted and soft. Oil one side and place on a clean oiled grill and grill for 4-5 minutes. You saved Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza to your. Bake for 8 minutes. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (less for a more doughy pizza, more time for a crispy crust). The Honey Garlic Salmon isn’t very savory, but it is a sweet and tangy sauce that is interesting and deserves an honorable mention. Add the prosciutto, both cheeses, and the fig slices on top. If you can’t find it, just use regular flatbread. The sweetness of the fig jam served as a foil for the saltiness of the prosciutto and the creaminess of the goat cheese tied it all together. However, if you prefer a wetter one, try mixing a bit of ricotta cheese with olive oil, then spread on crust before adding the other indredients. Yum," she wrote in the caption. Bake the goat cheese pizza for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven, until bubbling & golden brown. Gluten and Grain Free Tortilla We all know that pizza is a great option for lunch and dinner so serving this savory sweet pizza for either lunch or dinner is a no-brainer. Everyone at my party loved them and they were gone in an instant! I loved this recipe! Might as well, it’s delicious and easy to make! That way, guests get both ingredients with one swipe of a spreader. In this one, you’ve got 2, the caramelized onion and figs. You will need the following: Again, this recipe consists of just 4 ingredients. I love goat cheese stuffed figs so I love the idea of the pizza. Get AWESOMELY EASY Recipes - Sign Up Here! (The Outer team also tried Heirloom tomatoes!) I did not carmelize the shallot as the oven did the work. Therefore, if you are new to these types of pizzas, you need to try these flavors together. Used fresh figs which were excellent. Divide pizza dough equally into 2 (8-ounce) balls. Spread the onion and fig mixture over the crust. Place on a large baking sheet. Learn how to make delicious meals on a budget that are kid-friendly & EASY. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. They worked perfectly well once re-hydrated by putting in boiled water and sitting for 10 minutes. It can be done. Trust me, they grow on you. Place the figs into a small bowl, and pour boiling water over them. My kids love it and so did my neighbors when I served it as an appetizer at a neighborhood party. Place on the stone (with parchment) in the oven. Thanks for the great recipe! ground pepper, olive oil, goat cheese, baguette, prosciutto, coarse salt and 2 more. I’m a busy mom of 5 & own a business, but I can still get dinner on the table for a family of 8. Therefore, making this delicious pizza is super easy to cook. It's very good and a bit mellower than the original. Top with figs and bacon. And since desserts and snacks can sometimes be interchangeable, this pleasurable pizza can be served as a tasty snack or dessert. Rather, they are complex with many toppings and flavors that combine opposing tastes that blend together, ironically, well. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Spread the fig jam all over it, leaving about 1/2 inch around the edge. I made it on sliced baguettes instead of pizza crust and it was a huge success. Preheat oven to 500°F. Sprinkle each … Brush the jam mixture over the pizza. This fig and goat cheese pizza is an elegant pizza that is embarrassingly easy to make. Although, I must warn you, this pizza is very addictive. Top with pear slices. https://www.cookforyourlife.org/recipes/fig-goat-cheese-pizza Currently, I don’t have a lot of sweet and savory recipes listed. Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza is not your average tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese pizza. Feel free to serve this combo with whatever crackers or bread you have on hand. These days we have the beauty of making easy recipes so why reinvent the wheel? Very tastey. When the dough is too stiff to stir, turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes to dissolve. Fig and Goat Cheese Appetizer Pizza Recipe. Pizza Stone. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. For example, you could make this and serve it for: Yes, that’s right, you could serve this fig and goat cheese pizza for any meal of the day or even as a snack! Skip everything else. Here is the simple recipe – share it with whomever you wish: You could serve this delicious fig and goat cheese pizza for a variety of options. Another contradiction of flavors are the Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls. Spread 1/2 of fig jam … I brushed olive oil on the crust then sprinkled it with coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper before adding the toppings...10 minutes @ 400 and it was done. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pizza back in oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese … Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Stop spending so much time in your kitchen and enjoy life! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. than regular pizzas. Remove from the oven and top with arugula and fresh cracked pepper, if desired. Don't skimp on the onion or dried spices. Otherwise the toppings tend to fall off when you try to eat it. Layer with caramelized onions, prosciutto, small bits of goat cheese and fig slices. Stir in the thyme, fennel seed and figs, and remove from the heat. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Turned out great. Top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with rosemary. If you like tangy, this is definitely worth trying. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Used a ready-made pizza crust and fresh figs instead of dried. Let stand for about 10 minutes, … Pour the water into a large bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the top. This can be used as a main dish or an appetizer. Reduce heat to low, and season with salt. 1/3 cup of fig spread, or fig jam (store bought) 1/2 cup of fresh goat cheese; 1/2 cup of feta cheese; 3-4 fresh figs, washed and sliced. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Top each crust with sliced prosciutto, fresh arugula, crumbled goat cheese, shredded mozzarella, fresh thyme, and pine nuts. Carefully transfer the assembled pizza to your … This fig and goat cheese pizza is similar to a flatbread pizza with the sweet taste of figs, but with the contrasting flavors of goat cheese and rosemary. Add a few small spoonfuls of fig jam, then drizzle with olive oil. Info.