This post contains affiliate links. There’s a little wine bar just 10 minutes from the lake cottage that offers an array of amazing appetizers, including this chèvre cheese spread. Welcome! You can use your own homemade fig jam or your favorite store-bought jam. Carefully spread the goat cheese over the fig jam, leaving the edges of the fig spread visible. Transfer to a serving tray. It’s a warm Goat Cheese Spread covered in crushed pistachios, fig jam and served with crostini. Drizzle the mixture over your figs. In place of fig jam, feel free to use honey or orange marmalade. For the Fig and Pistachio Cheesecake, there are going to be two separate parts. Jul 8, 2019 - Recipes developer, author and fhotographer at Carve Your Craving.Quick, easy & mostly healthy. If the goat cheese isn’t softened, place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until it’s creamy and spreadable. Use a different dried fruit like raisins or apricots (but be sure to cut up or slice the dried fruit if they're big). First part is the pistachio cheesecake batter, made with cashews, pistachios, etc. Appetizer photography by Lisa Thiele for A Subtle Revelry. Oct 20, 2019 - Warm Figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze. … Fresh figs are stuffed with goat cheese & pistachios, baked & drizzled with balsamic glaze. Freeze the goat cheese for a few minutes before slicing to create perfect rounds! The juicy sweetness of the honey-drizzled figs is the perfect contrast to the creamy tartness of the goat cheese, and the pistachio adds a bit of crunch. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The honey sweetened cheesecake combines classic cream cheese with a touch of goat cheese on a crust made from crushed gingersnaps, pistachios, and butter. your choice of cracker, I found rosemary cranberry crips _____ Get to cooking: Add orange zest, cinnamon, pepper, cloves and ginger and mash with fork until well combined. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar. Start by placing the fig halves on a serving platter and lightly pressing about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese into the center. Laurie McNamara — December 19, 2018 @ 5:02 pm . 1 log of goat cheese (11 oz) 1/4 cup roasted pistachios 2 tbs fig spread 3 table spoons of honey Crackers or bread for serving. Discover (and save!) Only 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up. 0 from 0 votes. Roll each ball of goat cheese in the pistachio meal until completely coated then set aside. your own Pins on Pinterest The dish comes together in under 20 minutes, and the resulting creaminess of the goat cheese is to die for. Can’t wait to try these. In a small bowl mash together 4oz goat cheese (also called chevre,) 1/3 cup chopped dried mission figs, 2 Tablespoons pistachios that have been chopped, 1/4 teaspoon each garlic and onion powders, plus lots of salt and pepper. Sprinkle pistachios and pepper. So easy and delicious! Start by mixing up the dried fig, goat cheese, and pistachio filling. Aug 22, 2015 - Warm Figs with Goat Cheese, Pistachios and Balsamic Glaze. Spread cheese mixture evenly in bottom of cooled tart crust. Discover (and save!) As I mentioned in my Paris post, the fig pizza we had at Pink Flamingo was one of our favorite meals of our honeymoon. To make this goat cheese recipe you will need to use soft goat cheese. Using a mortar and pestle, finely crush the pistachios. Make sure the garlic is evenly distributed! Using a rolling pin to break up nuts into smaller pieces. 2. Serve and Enjoy! Serve immediately. ¼ cup roasted pistachios, chopped 2 tablespoons honey 1 tablespoon fig spread (like Dalmatia brand) Crackers or bread, for serving. Dec 15, 2017 - Goat Cheese Appetizer with Honey, Fig & Pistachios- This "go-to" easy appetizer is a crowd pleaser. Over the past few years I’ve been on a mission to find and create recipes that I can make from scratch. On a work surface, halve the figs lengthwise. Like melt in your mouth special. If you eat gluten-free, as does my sister, you can easily make this entire recipe gluten-free with the 1-for-1 substitution of gluten free gingersnaps for conventional wheat-flour ones. This will be the smooth creamy vegan cheesecake batter. My favorite is to roll the goat cheese in pistachios and cranberries then top with fig jam. Bake the dip for 8-10 minutes then sprinkle 2 Tablespoons shelled pistachios that have been chopped on top and serve with Crunchmaster crackers. It’s so incredibly easy to make, yet so memorable! Place the pistachio meal in a shallow bowl then roll 1/2 teaspoonfuls of the goat cheese into small balls. your own Pins on Pinterest Vegan an vegetarian eats and bakes. The crust would make it impossible for anything to stick to it. Serve with crackers and chips! I think it goes best with rosemary nut crackers, like pictured. Only 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up. Bake the Goat Cheese Dip: In a large mixing bowl, stir together the goat cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper until smooth. For the crust I chose pistachios and raisins. Use your hands to roll the cheese into a ball. After the 7 minutes, broil it if necessary to get the cheese browned and bubbly. I like to put tiny little globs of goat cheese all over, strategically placed amongst the slices of fresh figs. Drizzle honey over cheese … Spread the cheese mixture into a well-seasoned 8” cast iron skillet (or a lightly greased baking dish) and smooth out into an even layer. Tip: Mix the nuts and dried fruit with a bit of the jam (or honey) to coat them before baking. Take it out of the oven and then top it with the sauce, mozzarella, fresh figs and goat cheese. Fresh Figs With Goat Cheese, Pistachios And Honey. Feb 2, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Erika Acevedo. Instructions 1. The flavor combination of figs, goat cheese, and pistachios – OHEMGEE. Meanwhile, place goat cheese and cream cheese in small microwave-safe bowl and microwave 15 seconds. Fresh Fig Bites. Place it back in the oven to bake for 7 minutes. Print Pin. Yum, indeed! Oooh fig jam! Sprinkle with fleur de sel, to taste, and combine well. Then, we have the Fig Jam part, which gets swirled into the cheesecake. Only 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up. How to make goat cheese log with pistachio and honey. Let cool. Warm, baked goat cheese is an incredibly easy and delicious appetizer when combined with dollops of fig jam and toasted pecans. Not the one with hard crust on the outside and soft on the inside. Slather some cooled fig jam on each crostini. Yum," she wrote in the caption. Feb 2, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Becki Conboy. Try different nuts like pecans or hazelnut. Dec 5, 2017 - Goat Cheese Appetizer with Honey, Fig & Pistachios- This "go-to" easy appetizer is a crowd pleaser. Place a dollop of goat cheese onto each fig … Mar 8, 2018 - Goat Cheese Appetizer with Honey, Fig & Pistachios- This "go-to" easy appetizer is a crowd pleaser. goat cheese, artisan bread, fig jam, cooked bacon, olive oil and 1 more Brie, Prosciutto and Fig Jam Appetizer No Plate Like Home chopped parsley, fig jam, brie cheese… Arrange figs over cheese; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pistachios. Honestly, the French probably should have kicked us out of t Author Mommypotamus. Scoop the cheese and prosciutto mixture into the bottom of a 9″x7″x2″ baking dish (or any similar sized baking dish – a pie pan works great too) then spread 1 cup fig jam on top. Place the pistachios on a plate and roast in the microwave for 2 minutes. In a bowl, stir and mash together goat cheese, cream cheese, salt, pepper, roasted garlic and dried cranberries. Despite the fact that we were in France, our favorite meals in Paris included that pizza and the sushi at Miss Ko . I’ll have to try that! Drizzle a few drops of balsamic over each fig half and top with a pistachio crusted goat cheese ball. In a ziploc bag place whole pistachios. Fresh figs are stuffed with goat cheese & pistachios, baked & drizzled with balsamic glaze. On a small plate, spread out the chopped pistachios, Roll goat cheese on the pistachios to coat top and sides. Fresh rosemary for garnish; Instructions. Serve these easy appetizers at your next Christmas party, New Years Eve bash or any other party! Fig and Goat Cheese Bites in Phyllo Cups - These easy, three ingredient appetizers are quick and easy, and taste amazing! It’s truly special. Roll the ball in the pistachios and cover the outside completely. Fig jam, goat cheese, a slice of fresh fig on toast and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.