Those unwanted secondary impulses can 'muddy' the sound, and we're all about purity. Brainwavz BLU-200 in-ear wireless headphones review, Audeze Sine wired on-ear headphones review. Grado SR125e. Picked up these beautiful open-back Grado SR125e Headphones and wanted to mix it up a bit in this video and share my thoughts / review them. https://www.carlosseo.com/2015/01/14/grado-sr325e-headphones-review We think the retro style on these cans is a good thing — they don’t conform to the same treatment that the likes of Beats and Monster give their headphones, and it helps Grado’s headphones stand out. The Grado SR125e’s are very lightweight, which helps make them comfortable. 5.0. © Our Verdict. Awards 2020 winner. Overview – Grado SR80e vs Sennheiser HD 559 Comparison Review. The musical, detailed sound of the Grados makes them a truly top buy Tested at £280. Internally, the specs all read out the same except for cable. Sadly with the way the audiophile headphone market has gone in recent years its … Overall, the Grado SR125e’s are pretty uncomfortable despite the minimalistic approach Grado has taken to comfort. 4 minute read. For many years I have used three sets of headphones, all from Grado … Twice as many conductors! Reviews (0) Grado Labs developed our proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate to absorb stray sonic vibrations. I'd get mine at Amazon, at B&H or at Crutchfield. They’re not for someone who wants added bass to their mix. 25 November 2014. Buy only from the approved sources I use myself for th… 2. They would most certainly get uncomfortable — and quick — if they were heavier, especially considering the lack of padding on the headband. The worst thing about the padding is that it would probably tear pretty easily, but if you’re careful enough, that shouldn’t be a problem. Intro Specifications Performance Compared Usage Recommendations Grado SR325e (32Ω, 12.6 oz./358 g without cord, about $295) bigger. They are, however, for someone who enjoys top audio quality at home, with no one else around. You have to take them for what they are. These headphones sound huge. Again, you’re not taking these on the road — you’re using the Grado SR125e’s to listen to high definition music at home, and when you’re not using them they’re sitting on a shelf or near your headphone amp. The SR125e uses … 3. is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Throughout the Grado SR225e review, there has been one thing sticking out in my mind and that's the price. In recent times, the company has branched out a little to make some of its headphones a little more affordable. He graduated college with a Bachelor of Science in Music Technology, and has been producing music, writing about tech, and trying out new headphones ever since. They feature an ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) copper voice coil wire along with an 8-conductor cable design. Mild distortion was heard on the lower end, but the overall quality … But does that result in the same quality? Sign up below to get the latest from What Hi-Fi?, plus exclusive special offers, direct to your inbox! The word “sleek” doesn’t necessarily apply here — but “classic” does. Grado's ability to combine lightness with extreme rigidity and internal damping has been put to good use on the SR125e. The Grado SR125e’s are very lightweight, which helps make them comfortable. Bath They would most certainly get uncomfortable — and quick — if they were heavier, especially considering the lack of padding on the hea… Based on the same design as theSR80e, the SR125e also features an improved driver … Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices, Man United vs PSG live stream: team news and how to watch the Champions League, Best Sennheiser headphones deals: noise cancelling, in-ear, wireless, The best JBL deals 2020: headphones, speakers and more, The best 65-inch and 75-inch TV deals: : 4K, OLED and smart TVs, Distinctive looks and leaky sound may be too much for some. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, The retro “80s headphones” design is the central theme around the Prestige Series which the Grado … Build Quality and Comfort. Read more. An open design, for example, helps a pair of headphones sound much bigger, because the audio isn’t confined to inside the earcup. What that means is that you’re going to be able to hear everything going on outside the headphones, and everyone around you is going to hear what you’re listening to — there’s really no sound isolation, but that’s done on purpose. Stereophile.com. It’s also pretty darn simple — there’s a simple leather band that runs over your head, and the headphones extend to different sizes through a basic metal rod. At only 145g, or 32 lbs, the headphones stay comfortable for hours on end. 5.0. These Grados pound along with pace and relentless energy, and it’s hard not to be entertained. Your email address will not be published. They’re designed to stay at home — they don’t come with a case or a bag beyond the cardboard packaging, and in the way of accessories they only include a 1/8″ to 1/4″ adapter. The Bad Some people … 08 October 2018. Grado SR125e Editorial Reviews. Let’s find out. Based on my experience with the budget and top-of-the-line Grado models, I remained convinced that the SR125 represents the greatest sound quality per dollar in the Grado range. The price. Please refresh the page and try again. The first thing you’ll notice about these headphones is their design, and for good reason — they’re extremely unique. All rights reserved. Visit our corporate site. The Grado SR80e is an open-back, on-ear headphones with a unique design. We put the Grado SR125e headphones to the test to find out. The Good The Grado SR80e headphones offer impressive sound for the modest $100 price and are comfortable to wear, especially for an on-ear model. The Grado SR80e are on-ear headphones, the new version of the SR80i released back in 2010. The SR125es are sturdier than they appear on first inspection, with swivelling ear cups and detachable foam-pads attached to a thin band of faux-leather, courtesy of short metal rods that stick out like antennae. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … What Hi-Fi? There was a problem.