Cypress Point Golf Club Grand Del Mar, The^ Half Moon Bay (Ocean) Half Moon Bay (Old) Indian Wells Resort (Players) Lahontan Golf Club Links at Spanish Bay, The^ Los Angeles Country Club Mayacama Golf Club Monterey Peninsula CC (Shore) Olympic Club (Lake) Pacific Grove Golf Links^ Pasadera Country Club^ Pasatiempo Golf Club Pebble Beach Golf Links PGA West (Stadium) Poppy Hills Golf Course … A good player will hit the quintessential 'every shot in his bag'. Half Moon Bay State Beach Walking Trails. The greens were a little slick but rolled true. Share. Several contrived humps, like the one fronting the first green, actually repel shots. Skip to main content. Ocean Course at Half Moon Bay Golf Links is a 36 hole course. Beautiful Ocean Course - Half Moon Bay Golf Links, Half Moon Bay, Ca. Helpful. Overall a fantastic experience. best links course in Ca. Hole # Hole # Hole #1 Hole #2 Hole #3 Hole #4 Hole #5 Hole #6 Hole #7 Hole #8 Hole #9 Hole #10 Hole #11 Hole #12 Hole #13 Hole #14 Hole #15 Hole #16 Hole #17 Hole #18. There are a number of ways to get a tee time on the Old Course. The Old course or the Ocean? We also offer the option to purchase gift certificates online. Ocean Course at Half Moon Bay Golf Links is Resort course. You hit the nail on the head with your review of the Ocean Course. Explore our Legends Club program or take a tour of our two championship courses. I find this Course to be as good of a layout as Pebble Beach. The par-5, 458-571 yard, 15th, doglegs left around a lake to a semi-cape style green. Weather was sunny (but chilly) with a 12-15 mph wind. 17, a par 3 that provides a glimpse of the Pacific Ocean in the backdrop. Playing just at the ocean front was great. Nestled in the rolling farmlands by the Pacific Ocean, the small town of Half Moon Bay is an idyllic rural retreat just 30 miles south of San Francisco. Seven more similar bunkers will follow, plus long, wispy, British style grass in the rough. We have played both courses but the Ocean Course with the views and links layout is by far our recommendation. It's a perfect birthday cake,,,but who wants birthday cake every day? The course was in perfect condition. Built in 1973, the layout is the centerpiece of the upscale Ocean Colony real estate development that also now adjoins The Ritz-Carlton Hotel just south of the quaint town of Half Moon Bay. Also at this facility . Actual Scorecard. For personal assistance call 650.726.1800. Some greens accept bouncing approaches but not enough. Hole Locations Local Rules Compare Services. We have played both courses but the Ocean Course with the views and links layout is by far our recommendation. The level of service is of the highest standard and it starts from the moment you walk into the pro shop, to the changing rooms, practice facility, the golf carts and of course the golf course itself. They're both high four-star/almost five-star experiences that are entirely unique. Runaway Bay Golf Club. Grew up in HMB. I view this course as a kind of 4.51 overall rating, and considering they allow walking and it's a good walk, pushed it up to 5. Although it's close to The City, this coastal community has retained its charming country ambience. Beginners will find plenty of room to spray errant shots from five sets of tees. Half Moon Bay, CA (94019) 59°F Fair [Full Forecast] Humidity: 82% Wind: NNW at 15mph Sunset: 7:25 pm green Sunrise: 7:05 am. They play to the north, into the wind, and parallel to the ocean. Vaccine cards will show who received COVID-19 shot, Why is Bank of America draining EDD accounts? Fairways ranged from a 9.5 down to a "low" 8. You will want an uphill putt, but the closer the pin sets to the front, the more risky your shot, especially if it spins. If you haven't played the Old Course at HMB, put on your must play list! Playing these tees proved to be of no consequence as the blues are only 300-400 yards longer. The Old Course at Half Moon Bay was built in 1973 and was designed by Arnold Palmer and Francis Duane. Hit a fairway metal, hybrid, or long iron, and you won't need more than a wedge or short iron into the green. Par 72 Conditions of the track were excellent as expected. Opening in 1973, The Old Course is an American classic designed by Arnold Palmer and Francis Duane. In Winter the beach is deserted so it’s perfect for walking and navigating your way across the Red Bluff Cliffs. Boasting an ocean view from every hole, the Ocean Course is a true links layout with an authentic Scottish soul. Several views of the ocean throughout the course along with some forced carries over a couple of ponds/lakes. Click here for updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) Earth Year 2020. The course was designed by Arthur Hills. Is good, could be great. Overall, the front nine offers enough challenges to keep a player interested, but as we hinted earlier, the back nine creates more lasting memories, especially with those last three holes. The course is not long so I played from the tips. In terms of pure golf, it is the better test. All Rights Reserved. Fairways are well wide and generous...classic resort style layout. I decided I wanted to see blue ocean water so I decided the ocean course would be a better choice between the two. Are m Thanks Mini! I am used to Texas fairways and was loving the softness of the turf. The fairways are generous so just freely swinging the club made it more fun. We played the Ocean Course twice on our recent visit to Half Moon Bay. I tend to hit my drive 280 on average. 13, no. I was with my buddy who's a member so he knew the layout which helped a ton. Besides Pebble, these two finishing holes are the best around! Half Moon Bay has a great, wide stretch of sand but due to the pier, Cerberus and the cafe/restaurant it can get incredibly busy in summer months and often well into the late balmy evenings. 2 Miramontes Point Rd, Half Moon Bay, California 94019, San Mateo County, WE AND OUR PARTNERS USE COOKIES ON THIS SITE TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICE, PERFORM ANALYTICS, PERSONALIZE ADVERTISING, MEASURE ADVERTISING PERFORMANCE, AND REMEMBER WEBSITE PREFERENCES. Four Californian clubs have hosted the US Open down the years. And for the price, it ought to be great. They even have lawn games and tons of spots to watch games. That all changes at no. The views of the Pacific Ocean while playing is also amazing. Par , Google … Go play it! A disclaimer - we golfed on a discount so the cost factor made this course (Ocean) exceptional.