Use this recipe to create a shiny candy shell to make gifts for friends or a special treat for yourself. Heat for another 30 seconds, and stir until completely smooth. Microwave for 30-seconds and mix until well combined. Made with 2 ingredients, this recipe for Hard Shell Chocolate brings back childhood memories of chocolate-dipped cones. But don’t forget to grab at least one or two of the Brazilian Guava Cheesecake. So if you want a crispier, thinner hard shell add more oil, and for a thicker shell, add less. … While ice cream can be good all on its own, my kids love the chocolate and sprinkles. While I’m all about ice cream toppings, to me, it is more about the ice cream. Chocolate hard shell (AKA “Magic Shell”) is a chocolate dipping sauce that, with a little abracadabra!, hardens when it comes in contact with ice cream, surrounding the ice cream in a crisp, chocolatey shell. Boy, was I missing out. It’s also worth noting that different sources call for slightly different ratios of chocolate to coconut oil, so you may want to experiment with the ratios that work best for you. But! Ingredients 10 ounces (282g) semi-sweet chocolate - finely chopped so it will melt more easily. When I find a good parlor-like ice cream from the store, it becomes my go-to for a while. Chocolate hard shell (AKA “Magic Shell”) is a chocolate dipping sauce that, with a little. HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Shell Topping, 7.25 oz. We dipped and poured a few with the HARD SHELL CHOCOLATE, and the boys loved it. So I’ll sit here and continue to enjoy my favorite Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Creams, and the kids can enjoy the homemade magic shell. Bowl large enough to hold the … We recently went on a summer vacation to Lake Powell. Grateful to be collaborating with Safeway today to bring you this recipe for Hard Shell Chocolate. Whisk together cocoa powder, powdered sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Make sure to pick up the Signature Select Semi-Sweet chocolate chips and O Organics coconut oil. This may take up to 1 or 2 more times. The coconut oil contained in most chocolate hard shell recipes has high amounts of saturated fat. And my favorite date night activity during the summer is my hubby and I walking downtown and grabbing an ice cream to “share” (although I think it’s more 80% Jake and 20% me). Subscribe to receive updates, access to exclusive deals, and more. What I love about this recipe, besides being made from just 2 ingredients, is the hint of coconut in the chocolate. Oh yes, please! Fill the bottom pan of a double boiler three-fourths of the way with water and bring it to a simmer over medium heat on a stove top. Try this magic shell … If you’re the rare bird who finds themselves with leftover hard shell, make sure to. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, then let cool. This may take a few minutes. I love these Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Creams because they are flavors developed from quality ingredients sourced from around the world. I love ice cream: ice cream cake, cookie sandwiches or eating it straight from the carton. What a perfect summer treat! Next, combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a small cauldron (a small bowl will also do just fine). Your email address will not be published. My husband didn’t even eat his. My friend Amber picked up the NEW Signature Reserve™ Brazilian Guava Cheesecake and Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice creams. Start by chopping the chocolate into small, relatively even pieces. Chocolate Treats to Cool Down this Summer. Easy and delicious like Magic Shell. You’ll know the hard shell is ready to eat when it makes a hollow, cracking sound when you tap it and when it transitions from having a glossier sheen to a more matte appearance. Add milk to the chocolate chips in … Enjoy the summer friends, and be sure to head out to your local Safeway stores and grab a few containers of the Signature Reserve ice cream flavors. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/hard-shell-ice-cream-sauce And use them both in other recipes, like my Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (another Safeway inspired recipe) as well as my Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. And for the price of the one bowl at Lake Powell, I got a whole 14-ounce container. On late summer nights, my mom and dad would take all us kids for cones; my mom, my brother Joe, and my sister Bonnie would always go for the chocolate or cherry dipped cones. You need only about a minute to cook it in the microwave and just a few minutes to put the ingredients together, so really, this famous Magic Shell ice cream topping can be ready in less than 5 minutes. It is my new favorite. If you’re planning to serve or nosh on more ice cream than that, (hat’s off to you) just increase the ingredients keeping the same ratio in mind. var ts=document.getElementById('ti-pixel-tracker'); var axel = Math.random() + ""; var num = axel * 1000000000000000000; var ti=document.createElement("img"); ti.style.display="none"; ti.src="https://tracking.tapinfluence.com/trk/BcZn0/6Aqb7/p.png?p=2PrNw" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "i=A2AvY" + String.fromCharCode(38) + "ord="+ num + String.fromCharCode(38) + "s=" + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer); ts.parentNode.replaceChild(ti,ts); JSON.stringify({"program_id":"2c76263a-1378-11e8-955e-0ab2b6450b12","post_id":"09583bb6-7e35-11e8-a5d4-0a11af595dac"}); I LOVE that this only has two ingredients! (Check out. Finely grind 1 cup freeze-dried raspberries in a food processor, then stir into the warm sauce. It will come out perfect every time! I had NO idea this was so easy to make! I can’t wish anything else! I love it when a simple scoop and spoon is all you need. Additionally, some recipes call for the use of cocoa powder in lieu of regular chocolate. Want to use TCHO as an ingredient for your business? .) Melt the chocolate in a small metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water. This delicious recipe takes only a … I haven’t found a favorite for some time – that was until this past week. It is is so amazing! I love both of these items. . https://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-glaze-that-hardens-when-cool-155392 Heat up the mixture over medium-low heat in the … Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to prepare the hard shell. You won’t be disappointed. So the first thing we wanted when we got back to the marina was ice cream. While I love just ice cream in general, especially my new favorite Brazilian Guava Cheesecake, nothing beats good ol’ chocolate. It is science; . (Credit to 52 Kitchen … Buy Now. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14976/hard-chocolate-glaze When saturated fat is exposed to cooler temperatures, it hardens, which is why chocolate hard shell solidifies when it’s drizzled/dipped/smothered to cold ice cream. I love it no matter how it’s served. XOXO San. Preparation Combine hot water, melted butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Also, you can adjust the amount of coconut oil that you use based on how thick you want the chocolate. It was hot all week long, and we weren’t able to have any sort of ice cream because there was no way it would have made it in the freezer on our houseboat because we couldn’t run the generator until we were beached. Allow it to cool a bit to lukewarm before you spoon over your … The opinions and text are all mine. The coconut oil contained in most chocolate hard shell recipes has high amounts of saturated fat. Yum! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If that sounds complicated, not to worry! Even over the fresh strawberry ice cream from the parlor. I prefer parlor ice creams because they just taste fresh and homemade, which typically they are. It’s delicious on any kind of ice cream and is perfect for making ice cream sundaes. This recipe for Hard Shell Chocolate will soon become your kids favorite summer treat, creating memories that will last them well into their adulthood. Microwave for 30-seconds and mix until well combined. You could easily add chocolate to these, making them my Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars. All opinions expressed are my own. No flavor at all – it literally tasted like ice. If you’ve never tried ice cream covered in chocolate hard shell, then stop what you’re doing and get on it ASAP!. Stir it up well before reusing it as a topping for yet another delectable ice cream dish. Our family loves Magic Shell ice cream topping. I love that I can now make this at home. Here’s how to make it happen: Here comes the delicious part! I am thrilled to have found the perfect recipe for Hard Shell Chocolate – a copycat from my childhood Magic Shell. , here are the ingredients you’ll need to whip up a fudgy take on homemade ice cream topping: It’s also worth noting that different sources call for slightly different ratios of chocolate to coconut oil, so you may want to experiment with the ratios that work best for you.