Nothing wrong with either, but I don’t like to see photography wasted. This versatility for a medium format body has been previously unheard of just a few years ago. Same. Instead, for working “slowly” and with more contemplation, the focus (pun not intended…) should be on less intrusive, and workflow hampering, ways to communicate to the camera exactly which eye you intend to focus on, without having his intrude on a more manual and traditional workflow. After returning the 907x 50c to B&H and 45p lens to Hasselblad, I purchased a X1DII and 65mm lens as substitute. Not something one could do with digital medium format in the past. Hi Steve, It's compatible with the 500 series body, so anything you can put on a 500 series body will work. Wow, thats crazy. This combination allows for simple eye-level shooting with the 907X. I have an L bracket and wooden handle on it. No camera is. Furthermore if you paired it with a 5 series body as intended, it would be super awkward. 907X 50C. Not always the smart economical choice but one that sweeps your heart and makes you smile. Steve Definitely correct call to move to the country side. I had a preorder in february but was told the preorder wouldnt be fulfilled till possibly 2021. Thank you. Now we’re starting to expand things and get a bit more exotic. Cameras can indeed be an emotional purchase and the 907x, much like a Leica, will be an emotional purchase. This alone opens up all kinds of fun with a body like the 907x. I have tested cameras from all manufacturers and enjoyed so many of them. Most of the things for me for now would come down to firmware updates. The 907X has the X lens mount but it can also be used with other lenses from the Hasselblad H and XPan system via adapters. You Can buy a 13k dollars lens but if U Do it just to cry the world U’ve a bank manager at your orders…I presume you Don’t absolutely understand a basic truth : PHOTOGRAPHY is pure emotion…The rest as 19th century french poet Paul Verlaine said: “is no more than literature”. In this video and review, we take a look at a very exciting camera. Because I know there are many out there like me who appreciate quality. With the CFV II 50C digital back and the 907X camera body, Hasselblad’s photographic history is connected in one system. This camera is not for everyone but I would venture to guess that it will be for some of you. Today with large sensor bodies from Hasselbhald and Fuji we can adapt so many amazing vintage lenses to bring truly unique rendering to our images. With a price tag of £5,999 for the back and body, one of the key attractions of the 907X 50C is its compatibility with film cameras, such as the Hasselblad 500C/M body and CF80mm f/2.8 lens that we tested it with. The XCD 45 shown is not included with the 907X Special Edition. I said in my review of the Hasselblad 907x that I felt it was the most beautiful digital camera ever made. It didn’t go on general release at first as the company made a limited edition all-black kit to commemorate the moon landing, but now the chrome-edged production version is finally available to purchase.. Same can be said for the latest Leica M10-R, it is indeed a true photographers camera as is the M10-M. Check it out to see what we got! It feels like ages since they came out with the announcement last June. FIRST LOOK REVIEW: The Panasonic Leica 12mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH Lens By Steve Huff Hey hey hey! If an eye is where focus is intended, I have a hard time seeing any benefit from not nailing focus on the intended eye, but instead ending up focusing a random drift off it. It brings us back to the basics, and makes me feel good when I get a shot I adore. Thanks for sharing, your thoughts, your insights, a piece of yourself. So I’ll continue on the M, you on the HassyDJI and have fun with it, as this is the most important in photography, positive emotions through creative process and haptic experience. Even when working slowly. For sure proper gear makes thing easier, but I Can’t help thinking that behind any camera and optic there’s a person and even if one Can afford the more sophisticated technical equipment but lacks of cleverness…No way out at all. I have since purchased the grip which adds function such as a joystick and buttons for various things you can use to control your settings. I’ve been finding it easier to use the back with my 501c than with the 907x and the 80mm. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The Hasselblad XCD line includes stunners as does Leica. Beautiful shots! Click here to download JPEG. I’m hesitating on the fp because of no evf, though I think it would be fun to play with the LVF. For that itch I keep a Rolleicord, while shooting more often with the M. En met een gewicht van slechts 200g tevens de lichtste. De Hasselblad 907X 50C is een middenformaat camerasysteem dat ontwerpelementen van hun klassieke filmcamera's combineert met hedendaagse beeldvormingsmogelijkheden uit hun digitale tijdperk. 907X 50c + XCD 3,5/120. I am really enjoying mine as well, and for similar reasons. From what I can see with my eyesight. For B&W, it can rival a Leica Monochrome in tonality and surpass it in Dynamic Range. In this hands on review of the Hasselblad 907x and CFV II 50C we show you an image quality test, discuss the ergonomics and try it out on our Hasselblad 500cm with some vintage lenses. Cookies help us deliver our Services. But is the EVF bright enough? Or it seems like it would be. The electronic shutter allows us to go to 1/10,000s shutter speed, so no need for ND filters on sunny days with fast lenses (just watch out for that rolling shutter). do you have any social media that I could follow to see more works of yours? Just right from the 907x with the Leica 90 Summilux lens. I appreciate your thoughts and insights. This set (the 907X camera and CFV II 50C digital back) were bought from a UK store in the last few days. Who knows. The CFV-50c (originals) are still going for $7K online, used, while they can, but I feel like we won’t see the back only for a while. True story. I very much appreciate it. The Hasselblad 907X 50C is a digital medium-format camera like no other, utilizing a modular system that's comprised of the 51.2-megapixel CVF II digital back and the retro 907X body. By Steve Huff. Photographer Juno Zhang recently picked up a brand new Hasselblad 907x 50c and XCD 45mm f/4 P lens (Total MSRP: $7,500), but after waiting for a month to Dear Steve, If you cherish the experience as much as the results, I suggest heading down to your closest Hasselblad dealer and taking a look, or even renting one for a few days. I also bought the Hasselblad because I feel I deserve it after working so hard to achieve my goals for my entire adult life. Thanks again for your time! A friend of mine had the GFX 100 and a knob/dial fell off on the first day. Read more about the Hasselblad on the Moon Expand the potential of medium format photography with modularity and flexibility while utilising Hasselblad's renowned and stunning image quality. Thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate this camera for what it doesn’t have (4k video, IBIS, deep menus, gimmick modes, fast FPS) just as much as I do for what it does and at the end of the day this camera adds something to my life wether I am using it or just looking at it on my shelf. Hey Karim. Some photos made with the new Hasselblad 907x Special Edition and with its CFVII 50c back fitted to a Hasselblad 500CM body. Honestly if you want to do that, go CGI. . Just have to figure out which one(s) and save some money to try one or two out! I said in my review of the Hasselblad 907x that I felt it was the most beautiful digital camera ever made. $5500 or less would be great. Hasselblad 907X Metering and Histograms photo shoot - YouTube the M90APOSC that I own, I’m just not a 90 guy and such money, if spent on a lens would have to go into 50mm No way. Even so, none have touched my heart as much as this Hasselblad 907x. Hopefully they make a decent number for it not to be crazy expensive. De 907X is Hasselblad's kleinste middenformaat camera body ooit. One day I may. Specifications Length: 69.5cm (27.3 in) Compatibility X System. Though you made me interested in the Hasselblad it was your feelings and pictures from your fp that excited me the most, so much so that I’m dancing with the possibility of buying the camera mainly for stills. Oh, yeah, sorry for the confusion. As I said with the X1d, the best I have used in these areas, even today. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. – EVF on an M. I do not agree anymore, an EVF shall never be integral to an M. You need that, take the SL and you got rid of the lens-architecture issue, too that the narrow mount adds, too. With a price tag of £5,999 for the back and body, one of the key attractions of the 907X 50C is its compatibility with film cameras, such as the Hasselblad 500C/M body and CF80mm f/2.8 lens that we tested it with. - March 2020 The 907X 50C mirrorless medium format digital camera is comprised of the modernised CFV II 50C digital back and the brand new 907X camera body, connecting Hasselblad’s photographic legacy and future into one system. How do you deal with the weight? At $10,000 for the body only this kind of thing does not inspire confidence in build. But I’m curious to know your experience. A Look at the NEW Sigma 35 and 65mm Contemporary DG DN f/2 Lenses on a Panasonic S5. Take a closer look at our sample images gallery, which showcases the depth and clarity of Hasselblad medium format camera output. Truth be told, most (but not all) cameras released in 2020 were geared towards video acquisition. I also said it was my favorite digital camera I have ever used or owned. The 907x is the finest camera I have ever owned.Making the costly switch was more than worthwhile.I agree with everything Steve said in his review. Portrait orientation works fine with the back and camera. Hey! The Hasselblad 50C can be mounted on the back of any Hasselblad V series camera – 5xx series, 2xx(x) series, SWC/9xx, ArcBody, Flex Body, etc. The camera has been tested once and is working … edited 5 months ago. Well this stated, I’m astonished about Leica’s wonderful masterpieces, the only thing I hope is not to see those stupid fellows getting ’round with their neck bundled of black bricks proudly shoving’ a red dot (except if they use a Monochrome ) on the front …As mere status-symbols. With that said the Fuji’s are possibly the better choice for most. And yet, when covering the proximity sensor, there is a … Good luck! The body style was meant for a. Goodbye Photokina? I have both of these in hand now and will write something up about them soon. Thanks for the comment. I will say now that the Hasselblad 907x is my pick for Camera of the Year 2020, Mirrorless Central – My reviews of all Mirrorless Cameras. ... 907x 50C Sample images. Finding one in stock may be a challenge but worth it if you know you want one. It’s an affordable entry point to Hasselblad’s modular medium format system, and it also resurrects the classic Hasselblad 500 film camera range, and at a price that makes bringing these cameras out of retirement a feasible proposition, especially as many are still working today. If photography for you is a full time passion and this camera speaks to you when you see it, then by all means check it out if you can. De 907X is extreem compact en licht gebouwd om zo perfect te combineren met de CFV II 50C. I suspect this design is gonna take off and lead to some key hardware improvements in a next revision such as a newer sensor, integrated shoe, some kind of EVF option, etc. A Look at the Leica 90mm Summilux f/1.5 Lens on the M10-R and 907x. The Hasselblad 907X 50C is quite the unique camera, leveraging a powerful medium format sensor, but eschewing a viewfinder entirely in favor of a waist-level shooting experience. I guess its success will determine its fate. Is it compatible with 500 series accessories (grips, lenses) or does it just look similar? Yeah its heavy and awkward to hold around your neck with the 80mm. You know that and have realized therefore that the SL (now mk II) is the best allround camera between Leica and Hassy. It’s so rewarding when you go to review your images. The Leica Monochrom has been written about many times on this site not only from me, but from many other owners who […], When the big bad ass Leica S2 arrived for me to test I knew that I had to take a road trip to go in search of some cool new shots. That is one weakness I find a true weakness. That’s my sticking point. And you then have access to all those great Zeiss lenses. Introducing Hasselblad 907X Special Edition!. Some of you have asked me why I did not go for a Fuji instead. We are known for our expert-level staff and our standard of carrying EVERYTHING. Above the Sony A7SIII, above the Canon R5 and R6, above all others for 2020. In bright light it is hard to frame your shots as the screen gets washed out. Hasselblad continues to expand the options available for users of its camera models, and the firmware update now announced, version 1.4.0, adds new functionality for an enhanced shooting experience with the X1D II 50C, 907X Special Edition and 907X 50C cameras. HASSELBLAD 907X 50c – Fresh from the field October 11, 2020 October 11, 2020 by Olafphoto I am working on a comprehensive review of the Hasselblad 907X 50c camera but I thought I would share with you my first, rather random, thoughts after shooting with … It’s a fact, shooting […], Debbie looks so full of light peaceful radiant. So many options! I have traveled the world as a pro photographer, and as a camera reviewer using camera from all brands. The weakness of not having an EVF is for me not a weakness as I have embraced fully the waist level shooting experience as it is more natural and more fun. Square format, and the screen only tilts the one way.. Yes, you can do this with many digital cameras but something about using the 907x brings me back to the 500 series, and memories I have with that body. It’s Friday and what better day to post a new 1st look in hands review of a hot […], Leica Monochrom Detail Capabilities and more..take a look Really? Is it perfect? The lenses on it totally free to choose. Considering that this camera continues the legacy of the camera that has been “on the moon since 1969,” you’re getting a quality deal on a camera with a history of strong performance. – Leica Summiyammiluxi 90 is a great leans I will never buy, even though I can afford some Leica stuff incl. welcome back! I agree with all you describe, but the unshaded rear-mounted display is an ergonomic and cultural turn-off for me, who has started to learn photography as a Kid on a Halina TLR. A Serious Sensor and a body that SLOWS you down. And while you’re at it, paste in a T-Rex, too. It has not always been easy but it has been worth it. It seems to be the camera I have been waiting for over the last 20 years. Reluctantly I ordered the Fuji GFX 100 and lenses.While the images were superb, the experience of a quality hand built camera was glaringly absent.And when the new 907 x-50c became available I ordered it from B & H, and sold my Fuji equipment. I’m really looking forward to getting the back for my 500 one day. Do you still feel excited and positive about the Sigma a year later? Today not only do I stand by those words but my love for this camera has grown even more. I’ve reviewed cameras here for a long time. I’d also love to see some weather selling just for safety in case we get caught in the rain. But to always need it? Click them for much larger versions. If you have been on the edge about this camera (some of you have emailed me asking about it) thinking it over I can say this. I love the idea of this but not the idea of rotating the entire camera to go into portrait orientation. Right under it would be the OG Leica SL, another one of my all time faves. Hasselblad 907X 50C with HCD Adapter, HC 300mm Lens + 1.7x Tele Converter. The LCD automatically orients itself when shooting portrait mode. I feel this is the way of the future as well, so cameras such as this 907x may even be a one off, the last of its kind. It’s possible but not ideal. I hope your new home is bringing you joy! Hasselblad 907X II 50C (As New) For sale is my Hasselblad 907X 50C 50MP medium format digital camera. – Hassy, great love, but also turn-off. One of the things that puts me off a bit about this camera (vs the X1D II) is that it seems like it would awkward to shoot with in portrait orientation. The weakness of not having a built in grip is for me, a plus as if it did have this built in the beauty of this camera would be taken down a notch or three. Though for me there is no beauty or artisan craftsmanship with any of the Fuji cameras, and I know some do not care about such things but I do. The Hasselblad 907x Continues to Impress. The body though is normal size. The Hasselblad 907x with 45 f/3.5. It’s a sight to see and in the hand, so nice to hold. The Hasselblad 907X 50C achieves two remarkable things. Could be a fun exercise, and I am sure there will be some surprises. This includes the H System, V System, and XPan lenses. More on the Monochrom? It’s natural, and feels so right in use. Sorry to meander like this. I have been so excited about this Hasselblad 907X camera.