Awesome share . I am glad to see that you have shared dham recipe collection which is rare to find..thanks for sharing.. Hi Priya !Thanks for stopping by my space to leave such a lovely feed back :)Yes Himachali food is full of flavors . https://food.ndtv.com/lists/himachal-pradesh-food-10-best-recipes-1442434 Dham is a traditional vegetarian festive meal of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. Khatta  is a mildly sweet and tangy soup that is served with rice and is a part of the Kangri Dham ( Festive meal of Kangra District ) The dish is very flavorful and the recipe is very simple. Take Your First Vegan-Friendly Trip To Himachal. Dhaam is a traditional food festival celebrated in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The cuisine of Himachal Pradesh is largely based on the climate and topography of the state. Chha Gosht is one of the most famous Himachali food. Dish- Chana Madra. The presence of liquor and meat in the feast of Kinnaur is a must in every festival. I would love to try... Do give it a try ..I am sure you will love the flavors of this Cuisine. Kullu Ki Dham - The food of Kullu is mandarin. The dishes of Himachali Dham differ from region to region and vary according to the local produce. . Take carom seeds and garlic cloves in a mortar and pestle , crush them with a pestle and coarsely pound the mix, to it add the green chilies and finely chopped onion, keep pounding the mix , now add fresh mint leaves to this mix and pound again until all the ingredients blend well. Looks delicious. Kaddu ka khatta is also enjoyed with Bhaturu (fermented wheat roti) and … Dham comprises of many mouth watering recipes. Dham isn’t a dish, but the Himachali wedding feast that is prepared by male cooks called boti, and served on pattals – plates made of large leaves – while guests are seated on the floor. In special occasions, lunch is called Dham with great enthusiasm. Himachali food varies from region to region. Add fennel seeds to it. Great Poonam...that's was the dishes I want to learned​ from you before leaving from ggn....u remember...thank you so much .... keep sharing.... always miss that time when we are together.. Miss you too Harsha..thanks for the lovely feedback. There are lots of restaurants throughout Himachal Pradesh which serve authentic pahari food for you to enjoy and imprint on your … कुल्लू के famous खसखस-अखरोट के सिड्डू। Himachali Dish-Siddu। Steamed food। Oil free recipe in Hindi - Duration: 6:55. Himachali Dham is different in every region of Himachal Pradesh. Non-vegetarian food is also served in the dham. The sugar should not change its color to brown. Now add 2 cups of water and allow the mix to boil. Give a quick stir and allow the soup to simmer for 7-10 minutes so that all the flavors blend very well with each other. Kinnaur's Dham - The most different place in Himachal Pradesh is considered to be Kinnaur because it has been here for many years. Bike Rent in Manali Bikes On Rent in Manali, मुझे आपका कंटेंट बहुत ही ज्यादा पसंद आया है जिस तरह से आपने लिखा है एवम बारीक से जानकारी भी दी है hindi4urecipe. All the dishes looks so yummy. If you do so, feel free to share your feedback with us. No special occasion, celebrated in the state, is complete without the preparation of Dham. Awesome spread Poonam. This savory gujiya made using seasonal fresh green peas is an... Post Comments ( At the same time, the rich tradition of Himachali catering remains intact to a large extent. On the other hand, in Una, the communal feast is called Dham in some areas and not in some. Do not stop stirring or the yogurt will curdle. Traditionally made in temples by a specific Brahmin community (the Boti), it has been … Continue reading "Dham, Himachali Pradesh’s Traditional Staple" As food varies from region to region, they are largely based on the climate and topography of the state. I dont mind inviting myself to your place Poonam, you have put loads of efforts, well done. Most of the utensils used … Different types of dishes are cooked in different districts of Himachal, which are as follows -. Preparation is started from the evening to prepare the Dham. Now add sugar and allow it to caramelize a bit . Stir for 30 seconds. The dishes served at a Himachali dham varies from one district to another, but the one in Kangra district is known for its Rajma ka Madra, Chane ka Khatta and Meetha Chawal. What a perfect menu. Atom No festivities of Himachal are considered complete without Dham. I jotted down all the dishes she mentioned with their recipes she could recollect ( for some recipes i referred to google and about a dozen of sites on Internet) , got the required ingredients and in her supervision cooked this utterly delicious festive meal at my place :). In special occasions, lunch is called Dham with great enthusiasm. What a great looking and delicious dishes, just beautiful! We Maharashtrians are big time foodie... Namak Para also known as nimki is a crunchy savory Indian tea time snack. So, do not ever miss a Himachali wedding if you are invited. Preparation Time – 12 Minutes. It is prepared by BOTIS a caste of Brahmins. Saffron lends a rich flavor and golden yellow color to this dessert. Atom This gravy dish is sweet with a bit of sourness in it. You're so right how different people from different states influence our cooking. Puri is also served with rice here. Stir fry the chickpeas on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Heat a heavy bottom sauce pan and add ghee to it. madra is one of the dishes that is served in a himachali feast along with various other dishes. Mix dal and rice etc. The menu is served meticulously in … Serve the flavorful meetha bhaat warm or cold. It is a mid-day meal prepared on auspicious occasions , festivals , weddings, and other religious functions. Next on low flame add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix everything very well, taking care not to break the rice grain. Brass utensils which are called Charoti or Baltoi are used to cook Dham. Add sugar followed by raisins and cashew-nuts. It is a type of meal whose preparation starts one night before the actual serving of lunch on a traditional leaf plates. Traditionally i... Anarsa a pastry-like snack is a traditional Maharashtrian delicacy. While the everyday meal is the usual dal-chawal-subzi-roti, special dishes are cooked during festive occasions. Kaddu ka khatta is a lip smacking pumpkin dry curry served as a side dish along with steamed rice. As the cooking-for-social-media fad wanes, here’s taking a dip into the eclecticism of the vibrant Himachali dham. Serve the flavorful kale chane ka kahatta with steamed rice. What a detailed and elabroate post about the traditional Himachali meal, just loved every bit of it . Dham, a popular traditional feast prepared during marriages, local festivals, and special occasions of Himachal Pradesh, is a complete food not only according to Ayurveda but also nutritionally. Three times the staple food is served there. Kangri Dhaam is a traditional food festival celebrated in District Kangra. Where to try: Manali and Chamba This dish is traditionally cooked by the priest class or the Brahmins of Chamba region. Drain the rice in a colander and allow it cool down . Here rice, moong whole, madra, mah, kadhi, sweet rice, sour, thick vegetables are part of the food. It is prepared from soaked rice powder, jaggery or sugar , ghee (cla... Methi Goand Ke Ladoo is a delicious Indian Winter delicacy. One can clearly see that the Himachali dishes have a lot of influence of Punjabi and Tibetan style of food. You are right , Indian cuisine has so much to offer. I first tasted a typical Himachali food at her place. 1 cup any long grain fragrant rice / Basmati rice. ). Dham is an exceptional thali style food and a favorite of every tourist who visits Himachal. Mutter Paneer . So delicious. ( Since our last post on Himachali Dham was so loved. It includes only rice servings with different types of dal, khatta, madra, kadi, sepubadi, khatta kaddu, mitha and mitha bhat, and other traditional delicacies. In this era of change, where we have forgotten all our cultural traditions. Chamba Ki Dham - In Chamba, both also support the petals. Amazing... such a lovely spread of delicious dishes from Himachal.. Among festive food, the traditional meal, Kangri […] Wish I was there too enjoy this platter! Serve the delicious madra with steamed rice and enjoy with your loved ones ! Once upon a time, the boti used to maintain complete discipline and used to do all the work of sharing food and drink. Patande. KADDU KA KHATTA (SWEET AND SOUR PUMPKIN) Kaddu ka khatta is a sweet an sour pumpkin curry made with tamarind, jaggery and variety of spices in Himachali cuisine.It is served as a side dish with hot steamed rice in Mandayali Dham, a community midday (six to seven course) meal.Kaddu ka khatta is also enjoyed with Bhaturu (fermented wheat roti) and Kachori (fermented … I love how you take to the spirit of the theme. Add little salt while doing so. This is one of the states that I had bookmarked a lot of recipes and figured its better to feature them all in a thali.