I use 1/4. However, that seems excessive to me. From the guy who made an unpaid callback because he trusted GE's specifications. 1 1/2" gap between the cabinet box and the range seems like a lot. The space may be small, but it is usable. 3 inches on the top. This post was edited by Trebruchet on Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 14:55. There should be a cabinet or shelf above the spot where the microwave will be installed so that you can fasten the top of … Anyway, would LOVE to see pictures of what you decided to do. This below is between the caesarstone and the wall, i think I need to caulk this too. My house would have to be torn down to the block and rebuilt. . It must be level. You must have a gap, even a microscopic one, because the feet of the stove must bear the weight, not the flange. Check the dimensions of the appliance as well as any required spaces around them for air flow, electric/gas lines, water lines, etc. This is a picture of the entire kitchen. There should be a cabinet or shelf above the spot where the microwave will be installed so that you can fasten the top of the microwave to it. I am a cabinetmaker and the standard is 1/8 to 1/4. While granite counters typically overhang the front edges of cabinet boxes by 1.5", at the opening for the range the stone should be flush to the sides of the cabinets. kaysd. So, for the side clearance (opening is currently planning for 30 and 3/8 which is 1 inch larger that the fridge), the question is How much space do we need to get the fridge in and out' - can we do it with 5/8? This is the size of standard kitchen appliances, such as sinks, fridges, ovens and dishwashers. The minimum distance between the stove top and the bottom of the overhead cabinet … A great place to pick up oversized boxes is an appliance store. Some smart person here on GW suggested it, so I'm just passing the idea along. Also, around the toekicks, the trim needs to be finished. : (. You'll need to get measurements of any new stove you are looking at to be able to know whether it will fit. I'm sure he will do a beautiful job. Thanks for the great advice. The space above the stove usually be overlooked, but you can create a shelf for … We have a slide-in range, so I guess technically that is not a free-standing? Since you're moving cabinets (one with a slight overhang), it might be helpful to cut a stick of wood to the width of the range and the size of the cabinet overhang, and then add on whatever more space you're leaving. How much space do you need between cabinets for a stove? Our current one has the no-drip edge which means it has a little hill at the edge. I’m considering putting shelves and a towel rack on the wall but I do stress about it looking like a cheap DIY project. They have requirements for the gap between the wall and the fridge behind the fridge and a clearance on top of the fridge (ventilation gap) and fridge positioning. Something like 16 inches to range hood or bottom of microwave or oven. That would have to be sanded down for a slide in range but since we are planning to order new anyway, we can order it flat and without the backsplash. According to the National Kitchen and Bath Association, you should have 42 inches between your main countertop and the island counter. Since we have to replace countertop anyway, I can order it with the plain edge in front (not the drip guard or whatever) and without the backsplash so that the part in back (by the wall) would be level. Wolf recommends 36 1/4" for a 36" range. We are currently finishing our basement and are in the same situation as you...we have about a 6” gap between our vanity and wall. However, it is possible that your cabinet maker really does mean 1.5 inches ... because that did happen to us recently with a new build townhome we bought. Like blfenton, I'm wondering if you read it incorrectly - hope so. and we have a built-in microwave/range hood. 3" seems like an awful lot of real estate to waste on filler! It won't have the integrated backsplash but will be totally flat. The Distance From the Top of the Range to the Range Hood. My contractor is not going to help me, I have to do this one by myself :(, BTW, I have learned a lot from reading these comments. If you have questions, please start your own thread if your questions are not answered here -- you'll get more recent/current information, which is better than bumping this thread (or any old thread) up with potentially outdated information. How much side clearance for a Miele free standing fridge? I would look at the kit that will overlap onto your granite. In other words if the a cabinet is exactly 30" wide would the countertop also be exactly 30"? I determined the length I wanted by measuring the bottom of the tub I'm used to using. The kitchen work triangle is a … Find someone who needs help today. There is one potentially catastrophic problem with this "test" in that it doesn't check for plumb. :-). It's not so much the space between the cabinets as the space between the countertops on either side. There is usually around a 2.5mm gap each side of the range for the cabinetry. It's very close - the white thing sticking up is a business card. Having your new freestanding range on site prior to measuring for countertops is very helpful. The depth is 26.4 inches and there is a angled bracket that fills the gap from the back of the stove to the wall. How many tubes do you think I need? Like everyone above says, the cabs should be tight to the range. A minimum space of 800mm is required in total.)