Hope this helps! YMMV...but in my case I will not buy this kind of product again. I called support, they asked I send it back to them for repair (A 3 WEEK old product). This should solve the issue you're having. Although the product is not as feature rich, I'm going with the Yoga 910, as its a solid device. The "claim" to have replaced the screen, and updated drivers. Screen Flicker with Virtualization Enabled - HP Spectre x360 Hi, I'm still having the problems described in this thread: . HP Spectre 13, 13t x360 Convertible PCs - Display Flickers When the Videos Are Played in Full Screen Mode Notice: : The information in this document, including products and software versions, is current as of the release date.The document is subject to change without notice. The constant blinking only serves to distract and frustrate, so the moment it … It annoyed me fo some time, I was going to spend 80gbp on a new LCD screen but I got to the point that I had to hold the screen to stop it flickering so basically I took the screen apart (while the laptop was on)and had a fiddle. I've looked into the drivers, I have looked into Windows updates and security, I've looked into the device manager, and I finally resorted to rolling it back to a previous restore point which worked great for a while, a week or so and now I'm getting the flickering screen back again. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out. (I took Video evidence of all of this, in case HP, gave me a problem). billa 48, First, thanks very much for your post. descrbed. Hi all, I am having a problem with Solus Gnome and Screen Flickering on my Laptop. Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community. The computers got great reviews and gave HP an option to compete with popular premium PC's like the Dell XPS line and Lenovo Yoga series. Doesn't start immediately but within a hour of use. Dears, i have this very expensive laptop from HP Spectre 360 15 with Intel graphic which now the screen starting flickering after around 4 to 6 months of usage. give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons. I think it was about $1600 at the time. Computer problems are a headache, and a flickering laptop screen can definitely cause one. is that an external monitor? Simply ask a new question if you would like to start the discussion again. Keep me posted for further assistance. Have  tried a different power unit - the new apple macbook pro which has same USB-C connection with similar power rating - and this seemed to work but I did have plugged into HDMI at the time so will re-try. Later that day the Camera, stopped working, and had a green overlay over it's video, and eventually tuned into a white and black flicker to anyone watching video I was showing. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here, Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. It doesn't start immediately after starting the machine, but maybe after an hour or so of using it, and it's especially noticable on a dark gray background. HP customers are complaining about post production issues, (lick this screen flicker) that are not being addressed by the HP business Unit (BU) who owns the product. Pls go to HP driver support page to download the latest Intel HD Graphics driver  under Driver-Graphics category and have a try. 1. A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here, Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here, ‎06-18-2017 Immediately after rebooting from the update the screen started flickering very noticeably and variable – just brightness, the actual image was unaffected. Two days ago I started experiencing some issues with the display on my roughly 2-week-old HP Spectre X360 laptop (1080p LCD, i5-1035G4 processor) following the June Windows 10 cumulative update. When the notebook is plugged via HDMI, the flickering stops but once off HDMI, it starts again. Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/. While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. I just got it in April and it makes using the notebook really annoying...I can't keep it plugged to HDMI everytime. I returned it to the seller and he gave me a new unit. HP Spectre x360 Screen Flickering Fix. none of these these worked, can somehow show me any possible solution for this problem ? Even then intermittent and random but when bad its so bad the machine is not usable. To know for sure that the problem is caused by drivers then we have to check whether the task manager is flickering or not. Connect the external monitor to the laptop to find whether the screen flickers or not; When screen flicker continues, reinstall the video driver. Screen still flickers. It happens on Lenovo too, and even on different operating systems like Linux. One common problem that many users typically come across on Windows 10 is flashing or flickering on the screen, which is likely to be caused by incompatible applications or display drivers. Last year HP revised their premium product lines with the Spectre series, making OLED, a slim form factor, shrunken screen bezel, and 4k a premium option to those willing to pay. It can destroy productivity in the office, and turn a couch-cinema experience into a royal inconvenience. Since HP support, nor HP has any idea what this issue is (even though, customer after customer have reported this issue), I've decided to send the Spectre x360 back for a full refund. * restarting, resetting, with power plugged or unplugged anything i thought will work on restarting the device. By using this site, you accept the, Flickering screen issue in HP spectre x360 15'. that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. There is even a white paper about this issue. Under Screen refresh rate, select another refresh rate if available. I've googled this problem a lot and have tried stripping the laptop, recovering the bios via windows key and B button on boot, I've flashed the latest bios, checked all … I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. Hey everyone, I have bought both a lenovo yoga 920 and a hp spectre x360 13. I used to fix this by switching to Wayland, but Wayland is not available anymore. My screen flickers repeatedly, usually from the bottom half downwards. Lucky for me I was still in the 30-day money back warranty and got my money back. I had the same problem with a brand new laptop but this stops when I disconnect the power unit and run from battery. I've been fighting this one since I bought it in January 2018. There is a solution to fix the screen flickering problem on your computer. If I can't get effective support on your product, then the product isn't worth the box it's shipped in. Basically, on my HP Spectre x360 15", if you enable virtualization in the BIOS, you get really bad screen flickering. While you respond to that, here're a few things you need to do: Please reduce or change the screen refresh rate to identify a difference: Under Customize your display, at the bottom, click Advanced display settings. If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure. Hi there I had exactly the same poblem with my HP Pavillion DV6700 entertainment notebook. ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 6. HP Spectre x360 13-ae0xx Screen Issues Flickering. Does seem like a driver issue, not yet seen the flicker when booted into Linux, and even seems stable in tablet mode but as a Windows laptop is not usable. Didn't find what you were looking for? The only thing that fixes it is switching to 30 Hz instead of 60hz. However, I think I've managed to solve it. The Display of HP Spectre x360 shows NO Screen Flickering when operated at different frequencies. I now have version 22.20.16.4815. I called support, they asked I send it back to them for repair (A 3 WEEK old product). As I understand the screen on your HP Spectre x360 flickers repeatedly. Let me know if it helped! This seems to be a known issue with Intel UHD 620 graphics. And is it the flickering on your laptop that stops or the monitor that doesn't have the flickering issue? † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. If you have users complaining about displays randomly flickering it could actually be connected to people sitting on gas lift chairs. Things i have tried: * Installed, Reinstalled, Updated Graphic Card (even downgraded) drivers one by one and both together. basically there is a ribbon on the left hand side of the LCD and by … They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3, https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205, Simply ask a new question if you would like to start the discussion again. It was a custom made HP spectre (4k, 16gb ram, i7 7th gen, 512 gb m2...the perfect laptop...) that took 2 weeks to be built (in HP china), indeed HP told me the build process takes 2 weeks since they have almost a week of quality assurance. In my case I have this same issue with a spectre x360 13' in second  use  (first use was less than an hour for doing a web-checkin) the screen started flickering and never went away (never mind if it was plugged in or not), indeed some hours later after the issue, the display stopped working at all !! I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Both these devices suffered from the screen flicker issue that many other people suffer from too. These include updating the graphics driver, Uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers, disabling panel self-refresh, removing your laptop from Bluetooth and WiFi signals, and if all else fails, having a technician check it out. But the new unit still encounter the similar problem of screen flickering. (I took Video evidence of all of this, in case HP, gave me a problem). By using this site, you accept the, HP Spectre 15 x360 Display Flickering problem. Yes i am 100% sure it is hardware problem but still i think it might be Bios update problem because when i am trying to downgrade my bios version it does not works and the process fails. The "claim" to have replaced the screen, and updated drivers. Keep me posted for further assistance. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. Disable Panel Self Refresh, both for "On Battery" and for "Plugged in". By the way, this is more of a general issue with Panel Self Refresh than an HP specific issue: if you look around with Google, you'll find many people are having flickering issues due to this Panel Self Refresh, which is just a power saving feature that's not really required. In my case I have this same issue with a spectre x360 13' in second use (first use was less than an hour for doing a web-checkin) the screen started flickering and never went away (never mind if it was plugged in or not), indeed some hours later after the issue, the display stopped working at all ! @NTotakhil Right-click on your desktop and choose Intel Graphics Settings, 4. Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. I wound up going with the HP Spectre x360, a sexy-slim laptop with a 15″ touch screen and a hinge that lets you flip it backwards into pseudo-tablet mode. If the information I've provided was helpful. 10. So to find out if it's a hardware or not, you may connect your laptop to an external monitor and see if the flickering exist on the external monitor then it's a software issue. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. Surroundings – In addition to hardware issues, electromagnetic fields can also cause screen flickering problems. * updated my bios to lastest version, Defaulted my Bios settings the only thing i was not able to downgrade my Bios i used the previews version of bios available in HP (my laptop model) support/download section and followed the instruction the upgrading to current version works and downgrading is not working. The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can do this by taking these steps: Right click Windows 10 start button -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters (go a level deeper) -> Right-click Intel (R) HD Graphics 620 -> Properties -> Driver -> Update Driver. at first the flickering was very few almost once to towice a week but now it is completely flickering and i don't know what is the problem somethings when i keep the laptop away from mobile phones (mobile signales) and i turn it on it works fine but again after few hours of usage or even if i restart right away the flickering comes back.i hate this and i hate this problem specially after buying this expensive laptop from HP it makes me to lose trust on HP. One thing i have noticed that this problem comes when there is mobile signal close to my laptop when i keep mobile phones around 5 meters away from laptop and let laptop to tryout the better and leave it for few hours than it works find but again when ever you restart the laptop or even refresh the display refresh rate it the flickering comes back. From the mouse pointer down, the screen flickers and garbles non-stop. Created attachment 134246 dmesg output without drm.debug set (oops) This is a follow-up to BZ#101380, where I'm getting similar screen flickering, freezing, and whiting out symptoms to those described there, but it had previously been closed for lack of the requested debugging information. This can go on for hours and usually stops with the scroll of the mouse but starts immediately afterwards. † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. Under Related Settings, click Display adapter properties. The problem may be caused by two reasons: An incompatible application and Display driver. Ask the community. I bought a Spectre x360 3 weeks ago, the screen started flickerg Exactly like AOnanuga descrbed. I have a Kaby Lake Spectre x360, and after updating the Intel 620 graphics driver, I had the same issue: a fairly faint, slight but noticable flickering that's difficult to unsee once you've seen it. Computer problems are a headache, and a flickering laptop screen can definitely cause one. Again swapping video cables, especially for ones with magnetic ferrite ring on the cable, can eliminate this problem. ‎06-18-2017 This didn't help. or i should just through it to garbage ? Hi, my HP Spectre laptop with Windows 10 has been plaguing me a flickering screen for months now. I'm a PC person, I'm sure there is some kind of driver issue, but I litteraly just bought this, and hadn't planned on tinkering with this machine yet. Video card – If there is an issue with Didn't find what you were looking for? I believe this to be an issue with the 4K card. There is not much to differentiate between the Displays of the two laptops but the Screen Flickering issue makes the HP Spectre x360 Display better than HP Envy. When was the last time it worked without these issues? Dears, i have this very expensive laptop from HP Spectre 360 15 with Intel graphic which now the screen starting flickering after around 4 to 6 months of usage. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: What HDMI connection are you referring to? Ask the community. Fix all HP Spectre X360 screen issues, including cracked, broken, smashed, internally damaged LCD LED laptop screens Repair and replace HP Spectre X360 laptop screens with ink spill on screen, fuzzy, dim, dark, black, backlight issues, bad output, bad screen, ink ruptured inside screen, Broken inside, inside screen damage, inner screen damage, water behind screen. Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. FYI, This is a recently bought laptop of HP Specter x360 2020 edition. let’s try these steps to resolve the problem: I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting. I was starting to lose faith ;-) There is no flicker when I press screen gently on the top left side about 3 inches from the top and 4 inches from the left, while I hold the screen with your right hand firmly from the top. It might be hardware or software problem. Disabling panel self-refresh makes absolutely no difference. You can now close this settings screen. Yes it works fine wi tv external monitor and yes the problem is there when in go to system bios or anywhere else. Have you checked the display on an external monitor? Update your graphics driver just in case. Hope this helps! I LOVED this laptop for a couple of months, then the mouse cursor started acting up. The bottom half ofe the screen flickers, and kind of starts and stops as I touch the touch pad. I'm having the weirdest problem with an HP x360 I sometimes get a display on the laptop screen other times I dont. ! If there is no flicker, the issue is probably with the laptop and indicted the hardware failure. We’ll provide a few different solutions to solve the screen flickering issue on HP Spectre X360 laptops. This updating actually didn't help for me (in fact, after this I actually first noticed the issue in the first place), but it's probably good to be up-to-date, especially if you already have this issue anyway. If you have something else plugged into the same power strip like a heater, fan, etc., try removing it. Screen Flickering Gnome on HP Spectre x360 UHD. pwfraley. That doesn't mean flickering can't still happen to a flat screen monitor: Many of the causes of screen flickers are the same in 2018. It seems that any 2-in-1 with a 4k panel and a 8th gen intel processor suffers from this problem. I'm a PC person, I'm sure there is some kind of driver issue, but I litteraly just bought this, and hadn't planned on tinkering with this machine yet. Sadly Niek's solution doesn't work for me. 11:50 PM After 4 days, I got the laptop back, the camera was working fine, but the screen still flickerd if I touched the touchpad the rightway. 11:51 PM. It can destroy productivity in the office, and turn a couch-cinema experience into a royal inconvenience. The constant blinking only serves to distract and frustrate, so the moment it … HP needs to listen to their user base (and trust its users). Later that day the Camera, stopped working, and had a green overlay over it's video, and eventually tuned into a white and black flicker to anyone watching video I was showing. If the issue persists, please follow the steps suggested on this link: http://hp.care/2sQmwBR. The bottom half ofe the screen flickers, and kind of starts and stops as I touch the touch pad. Advisory: HP Spectre 13-Ap000 X360 Convertible PCs - Screen Flashes or Flickers After Intel Graphics Driver Is Updated Through Windows Update Notice: : The information in this document, including products and software versions, is current as of the release date.The document is subject to … - edited Brand new Coffee Lake Spectre x360 saw flickering, updated Intel 620 driver, flicker massively worse. 2. Anyway, will update when I do but definitely cured for me when  I removed the power supply. Sometimes it takes days to show up, or like today, it shows up instantly. Shows screen flickering issues in regions of HP Spectre computer.