I have to mention that the battery levels were high (around 80%) before this happened. Question: Q: iPhone XR won’t turn on More Less. I think it might have something to do with the glass screen protector. Set Date and Time to Manual. Before you get desperate, read this article and find the solutions that you can try when iPhone won't turn on after iOS 14/13 update. Frankly speaking, the issue, iPhone stuck on black screen with spinning wheel, is actually very common to occur. no response. Connect your iPhone to a charger and let it charge for 30 minutes, and then try turning it on again. Question marked as Solved User … Please help me!!! The hidden cause for your iPhone X not turning on may range from a corrupt software update to the faulty battery to many other software and hardware issues. Way 3. My iphone XR wont turn on. If … Unfortunately, when it comes to turning off the device, the power button alone doesn’t cut it. The first, and simplest, way to shut down an iPhone that won't turn off is using a technique called a hard reset. Since then, there have been more problems arise with the touchscreen. If you want all files preserved, make sure "Standard Mode" option is checked. When Do Not Disturb is on, there's a crescent moon icon in the status bar. Next select fix type between "Standard Mode" and "Advanced Mode" to troubleshoot iPhone XR shuts off and won't turn on problem. 06/19/2019 by Gee Lyn. Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It is compatible with the latest iOS and iPhone models like iPhone XS/XS Max/XR. https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-apple-iphone-xr-that-wont-turn-on-5255 iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. How-To Force Restart Your iPhone X, XS, XR, and the 8 and 8 Plus Now, it’s a 3-Step process. Tried to restart. Before you can turn on your phone, you need to insert your SIM into your phone. Then click the Start button, and then the Fix button. Follow the instructions given below to fix your ‘iPhone X won’t turn on’ issue. Users everywhere have reported that the touchscreen on their iPhone X/XS/XR has stopped working, regardless of the situation. iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. However, not everyone can enjoy the features of iOS 14/13 successfully because some people find their iPhone not turning on after the iOS update. You may have pressed the Side or Power button many times, but the screen is not turning on. Turn on your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr smartphone; Slide up your screen to launch the Home screen; Open the Settings menu; Tap on Notification Center; Check for Messages and click on it; Toggle the “Show on Lock Screen” option to ON at the bottom of the screen ; How to Change Lock Screen … Flip the ringer switch up. I just checked my messages, when phone screen went black. It is not showing anything and remains black even after trying multiple times. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. More Less. Reset your phone. Apple Footer. Apple iPhone XR. The iPhone XR did not react to the Raise to Wake gesture, to Side Button presses, nor to any other taps on the screen. Please help! Cause 3: Dirty charging port or cable. The first issues arose after it was discovered that cold temperatures were causing problems with touch input. How to Show Text Alerts on Lock Screen for iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Turn on your iPhone XR (steps 4 and 5 from the previous section). Reply I have this question too (204) I have this question too Me too (204) Me too. They said I need to replace the phone because they can't fix a logic board issue. Click on it for iPhone XR not turning on fix. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and … Some apps might not work unless you turn on Location Services. Step 2 of 7. Open the application on your PC and select standard mode. Part 1. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen. Here’s how to do it: Hold your iPhone XR with the screen facing up. I did the itunes way and it turned on but then the next day I slightly hit it and it wont turn on again. Do note this should also work on other iPhone in this series of devices. Choose one of these options: Tap Allow to let the app use Location Services information as needed. Don't worry: you won't lose any data. If your battery is completely drained of charge, your iPhone may not immediately turn on even when plugged into a power source. Usually the iPhone XR will power off automatically or by itself. You should also consider connecting the device to iTunes. You … Two Apple experts explain why your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max won't turn on and show you how to fix problem for good! 2; Tap Ask Next Time to choose Always While Using App, Allow Once, or … Luckily, there have seemed to have been a few fixes that you can attempt before … To perform a hard reset on a newer iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, quickly press and release the Volume Down button, and then press and hold the Side button (also known as the “Sleep/Wake” button.) Im planning to get a XR, because my IPhone X won't turn on and they told me that it's because of its logic board. Read help info. Just like with the hard reset, the way to put your iPhone in DFU mode varies based on the model you have. On iPhone 4/4s, the indicator locates in the charging port. Don’t release them until the “Slide to Power Off” screen appears. Tap Don't Allow to prevent access. If your battery is completely drained of charge, your iPhone may not immediately turn on even when plugged into a power source. The hard reset process has changed a bit on the iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and new iPad Pro without the Home button. Turn Do Not Disturb on or off. Page content loaded. 1 The first time an app needs to access your Location Services information, you'll get a notification asking for permission. Step 1 of 7. Possible Reasons that Cause iPhone X Won’t Turn on. Just connect the device to the computer using the charging cable and then open iTunes. This tutorial is aimed at helping those that have a Apple iPhone XR that Won’t Turn On. On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Here is how to fix your iPhone XS is not turning on problem using Tenorshare ReiBoot. Reply I have this question too (895) I have this question too Me too (895) Me too. Question: Q: iphone XR turned off, fully charged but wont turn back on. Turn your Apple iPhone XR iOS 12.0 on and off. iPhone XR, iOS 12 Posted on Mar 6, 2019 6:33 PM. You can also schedule Do Not Disturb and allow calls from certain people. You may wonder why iPhone X won’t turn on. This tool can enter or exit 'Recovery Mode' for free in a single click. It also happens when iOS 11/12 was released. Once in the “General” section, find and tap the “Date & Time” tab. first Page 1 of 1 Page 1/1 last Loading page content. The iMyFone Fixppo has been recommended by famous media sites. Reply. You don't need to change any settings. With Do Not Disturb, you can silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. In this article, we will give the top 8 solutions for fixing the won't charge or turn on problem on your iPhone. Please advise. Launch the “Settings” app from the Home screen. Just like the mentioned user from Apple community who has problems with iPhone XR black screen spinning wheel, you are likely to be in this big trouble. Connect your iPhone to a charger and let it charge for 30 minutes, and then try turning it on again. While the iPhone X, XS, and the XR no longer feature Apple’s iconic home button, they still have power buttons. This is the last step you can take to completely rule out any sort of iPhone software problem. To set it back to manual, follow these steps: Unlock your iPhone XR. 1. 5 Simple Checks before Searching for Reliable Methods; Part 2. Another likely culprit is the automatic date and time setting. For iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/7/7 Plus/8/X/XR/XS/XS Max, you can find it in the SIM card tray slot. Sometimes it might happen that you turned your iPhone XR’s ringer off and forgot to turn it back on. Posted on Nov 26, 2018 10:57 PM. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen. This is not a new problem. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. To access the Control Center on the iPhone XR, you have to swipe down on the right-hand side of the notch. 30-day money backup is guaranteed if you have any technical issues with our software. iPhone XR is not charging. This is as a result of the System crashing. If your iPhone is moisture enough to damage the device, the label will turn to red. Editor. IOS is 12.1 have power cycled and done the volume up/down reset. This is similar to the standard way of turning your iPhone on and off, but is a more complete reset of the device and its memory. A DFU restore erases and reloads your iPhone’s software and the firmware. All replies Drop Down menu. iOS 12.0 iOS 14.0 iOS 13.0 iOS 12.0. Having a black screen it will also not respond to any input all all. Liam Shotwell 3 months ago Reply to Anonymous Sounds to me like there’s a loose connector underneath the screen that causes this to keep happening. Turn on your phone Press and hold the Side button until your phone is turned on. Step 2: Choose "Standard Mode" repair type. Step 1. Press and hold the “Power” button and one of the volume buttons simultaneously. Use AssistiveTouch On Your iPhone X. AssistiveTouch is an iPhone X accessibility setting that puts a virtual button directly on the screen. Only use a hard reset if your iPhone won't restart any other way. 1. Tap the “General” tab. DFU Restore An iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, And iPhone XR If you don't see your iPhone in iTunes, it in recovery mode by doing this:. Connect Your iPhone to iTunes. Cause 3: Dirty charging port or cable. Question: Q: iPhone XR not charging. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. More Less. Plugged in to recharge, no response. The iPhone seemed turned off, and I started considering a shortcut in the battery because it seemed totally dead, as if I was holding a brick in my hand. For iPhone 8/X/XR/11/11 Pro/11 Max/12: press and quickly release the volume up button, do the same with the volume down button and then press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears. iPhone’s water damage indicator is a little white label. iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPod touch (7th generation): press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. If you find that your iPhone X continues to freeze or not turn off, you may want to consider putting your iPhone X in DFU mode (the second to last step of this article) and restoring it. Works for all models of iPhone, such as iPhone 12, 11, XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8, etc. ; If you have an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen. iPhone 8 or later: press and quickly release the Volume Up button.