I’m sick and tired of having to watch my favorite movies and TV shows with only the TV speakers (my stepmom is happily content with the tv speakers and actually ordered me to not get any audio setup, not even a sound-bar lol). Klipsch has a sound signature that doesn't seem to garner any median votes. I want to create an audio setup for the living room. Seconded. I also wanted tower speakers because I don’t like the appearance of bookshelves on stands. Posted by. RP-5000F because a good sub negates needing the larger drivers in the RP-820F. Check Price On Amazon A thing I know the Klipsch for is that they come up with greater and better ideas as their product evolves. I've never hear the rpc280f so my suggestion vwould be to go to a store that has them on floor you could demo if possible. I'm also in the camp that some speakers are NOT good for all kinds of audio. I would personally advocate for the latest gen RP-8000Fs, but from what I read, the difference between them and the 280Fs is negligible. Select Your Cookie Preferences. I've been waiting some time to get these in. Honestly we're upgrading to the 280Fs as we speak. I’ll take your word that the RP5000f is the better choice; I hope it is since it’s actually cheaper for me to get. Thoughts and opinions please. The 280F's are substantially better, but if you are being honest with yourself and you know you're not an audiophile, you'll probably be very satisfied with the 820F's. I have demoed the smaller rp-250 (5" drivers), and they have plenty of bass, especially in a small/medium room. Now the real reason you’re here isn’t for a history lesson on the Klipsch brand (as interesting as it is! F'ing Klipsch Again. Klipsch audio means being able to hear every lick, every drumbeat, every breathe, and every nuance of your music, movies, or TV with unmatched precision. BUT to answer your question, I'd pick quality over quantity. Helom, Jan 25, 2019 #7. They must be Klipsch though as that’s what I’m getting the discount on. The r120sw plays down to 29hz at -3db . The first thing I loved about the product is its appearance and the atheistic quality it gave to my large apartment. R-620F Floorstanding Speaker Spec Sheet; Other Downloads. They only had the Klipsch R820F on display and the Polk S55, so I couldn't sound test the R620F. I can appreciate good audio quality but I can barely tell the difference with minute differences. The sound quality is rich for an audiophilic listening experience, and sensitivity is good enough for a loud house party. I want to create an audio setup for the living room. Quote; Share this post. Klipsch exclusive 90x90º Tractrix® horn technology ensures the R-820F high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls.Using this proprietary focused technology gives you the best clarity, dynamics, and detail from your movies and music. The feet are just rails that hold the speakers at a slight upwards tilt, so it does … I did end up selling them and buying some other speakers I think are better for stereo and music. Klipsch fulfills your every home audio desire, no matter the size. No issues, no damage and the sound is amazing! I bought a pair from Amazon for US $149. If you can find an audio store that's not best buy, I'd see if you can audition the reference premiere. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The primary fear attached to tower speakers is they produce too much bass, and as such, leave a distorted and torn up taste. The R-820F has a 1” aluminum Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter at the center of a 90° x 90° square Tractrix horn (proprietary to Klipsch), and two 8” woofers of injection-molded graphite (IMG) covered in spun copper, with a Kapton suspension. I find the qualities that make them bad for critical listening make them great for the dynamics of home theater. Was kinda looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the hometheater community. It's either love or hate. Buying Advice, Tech Support, etc for Televisions, Home Theater, Speakers, Projectors, Audio/Video Receivers, etc. So, probably go with the 280Fs. Any other differences? Klipsch's own $499/pair R-15PM powered monitor offers a similar connection package as the R-28PF in bookshelf form. Klipsch is running a very good sale on the larger (bigger woofers) r-820-f speakers with a steep discount. Leveraging our proprietary horn-loaded technology and featuring dual 8" spun-copper IMG woofers, the R-820F delivers lifelike acoustics that brings your music and movies to life. Press J to jump to the feed. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker Pair - Ebony at Amazon.com. They'll be the best speakers you've ever heard. Are they really bad like people say they are or is it just extreme audiophiliac nitpicking? For movies I find that the midrange and 'harsh' treble fits just right. This is a review and detailed measurements of the Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker. Klipsch is on sale and I’m debating between R820F and R620F towers. R-620F Floorstanding Speaker Manual; Warning. The retail cost is US $229 but I suspect no one pays that. 4 months ago. The r820f plays down to 35hz at -3db. Klipsch RP-8000F + RP-402S + RP-504C + Klipsch SPL-120 or Klipsch RP280-F + RP450C + R112SW + RP240S [very less stock in the UK and might get for a much less price ] They are not subtle and sometimes they are hard to listen to for long periods of time. I've heard there isnt much difference but before you buy anything get a quote from the Klipsch Owners group on FB they are very helpful and great prices. Our visionary founder, Paul W. Klipsch, pioneered better and more efficient ways to deliver crystal clear and full sound to any space. However unless you value form over function don't get a Klipsch sub as they don't make good subs for the money. Say, if we were comparing the RF-82 II to a new RP-280F, the baffle and motor board on the RF-82 II is a separate part that houses the woofers. Klipsch RP-280F tower speakers are an excellent 2-channel audio system choice. And I don’t think I would need the bigger drivers since the room is not really big. So using that info your not going to gain too much from going to those subs so it would be up to you. Klipsch RP5000f vs R820f . The RP-280F is one of their greatest achievements so far, with improved, modified, and updated features compared to the former Klipsch’s Reference MK2 models. As always, the speaker has a lot more personality with the grille off. Marantz SR5012, klipsch reference 7.2, panasonic GT50. For Dolby Atmos the R-625FA (£1,150) is a floor-standing loudspeaker with integrated Dolby Atmos upward-firing speaker, while the R-41SA (£350) is an add-on upward firing module. I always say speaker business is 80% marketing and Klipsch nails that … klipsch r-820f Tower Speakers Sound Demo. It features a 1" Tweeter and 2 x 8" Copper-spun IMG Woofer. The sub I have currently isn’t ... the best, it’s a hand-me-down that I’ll be using temporarily until I do get a better sub (building slowly, woes of a college student lol). Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Klipsch Forte II Marantz SR5007 SVS PB13-Ultra. Klipsch exclusive 90x90º Tractrix® horn technology ensures that the R-620F high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls.Using this proprietary focused technology gives you the best clarity, dynamics, and detail from your movies and music. Press J to jump to the feed. Part of the Klipsch Heritage Wireless series, The Sixes are an incredibly versatile audio system. Have the Klipsch 10” sub (r-version) and running a couple advents for rear. However, I still have Klipsch RP in my home theater. I know the comparison between those two are kinda ... weird especially when considering price but with my employee discount the prices are 30 dollars difference (the R820f being more). I'd call them and ask if they have any remaining pairs in stock. I’ve heard the Reference lineups in person but not the Reference Premiere. The r620f plays down to 38hz at -3db. The Klipsch Reference R-100SW (£350) and R-120SW (£400) subwoofers include Class D amplifiers, rear ports, IMG spun-copper woofers and sturdy enclosures. The RP-8000F is a bit larger than most tower speakers, but it is not gigantic as tower speakers go. Klipsch exclusive 90x90º Tractrix® horn technology ensures the Reference series speaker high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls.Using this proprietary focused technology gives you the best clarity, dynamics, and detail from your movies and music. Posted by 1 year ago. Klipsch direct had a great deal on the RP260Fs until very recently. This speaker can’t b… Below you can see the main specs of these speakers. Klipsch is on sale and I’m debating between R820F and R620F towers. I’ll definitely try to look for an audio store to try out the RPs. Not a big audiofile but do listen to music and TV a fair bit through them. The TV is resting on a fake fireplace so there’s no place for a center channel. Klipsch fans will notice the smooth baffle design on the Reference Premiere layout, as opposed to older Reference II speakers. 820s are on sale right now for $500/pair and the 280s can be had for about $800. Product description The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker fills your room with amazing detail and clarity. I know the comparison between those two are kinda ... weird especially when considering price but with my employee discount the prices are 30 dollars difference (the R820f being more). Archived. My first stereo speakers were Klipsch RP-280f's and I thought they were amazing. Welcome to the channel!. Product Promo Details. I would personally advocate for the latest gen RP-8000Fs, but from what I read, the difference between them and the 280Fs is negligible. Bookshelves will be a better value but man do I love how towers look in a home theater setting. I’m also open to other suggestions. The largest floorstanding option from Klipsch's Reference Series, this speaker is the perfect option for the audiophile who wants to take their sound and their home to the next level. I bought my Klispch R-820F at Amazon via Gibby's and I am completely satified witht the product I received from them. Is is worth it? Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Klipsch Reference R-820F Floorstanding Speaker for Home Theater Systems with 8” Dual Woofers, Tower Speakers with Bass-Reflex via Rear-Firing Tractrix Ports in Black at Amazon.com. If I purchase the 820's, I should be able to easily sell my 620's for at least the same price. Archived. With the grille removed, we are presented with Klipsch’s hallmark copper cones and Tractrix horn-loaded tweeter. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Klipsch R-820F is a member of Klipsch's Reference (R) series of speakers. Klipsch Reference R-820F Tower Speakers - Unboxing,Setup and Overview. Do you think the 820's are a significant improvement over the 620's? Close. So I’m making a 2.1 setup to start with. The 820Fs aren't bad, but since we upgraded our center to the RP450c, the 820s just didn't seem powerful enough. Otherwise I'd say get the 820f and save the extra cash. The new baffle design on Reference Premiere ensures minimal diffraction from baffle reflections. Using Kapton ... Read Full Reviews. I'd also be looking to see if there are any previous generation RP for sale since the two generations are nearly identical and you can save a lot by going that route, maybe even more than your discount. As bradleyc mentioned, you can often get the best Klipsch deals at independent dealers. That is certainly not the case with these bad boys. 11 months ago. Its these speakers that set the hook in me and sent me on a journey up the Klipsch line. ), but for the Klipsch R620F floorstanding speakers. The RP series is better than the Reference. Link to post Share on other sites. Going to do 7.2 in approximately 2100 cubic foot room. Hopefully they’ll have both speakers to compare. Location: Midwest. bradleyc Forum Resident. With the grille on, our piano black RP-8000F is a gleaming, tall, black box. F'ing Klipsch Again. Reviews; Downloads; Support; Tractrix® Horn Technology. Overview Utilize your space and get superior sound performance with the Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker. I’m not an audiophile. The r100sw plays down to 32hz at -3db. Klipsch RP5000f vs R820f. This is an audition of the Klipsch R820f. I got the R820f and couldn't be happier. The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker fills your room with amazing detail and clarity. So we're returning them to best buy and getting the 280Fs from Crutchfield (they also offer $25 off for no rush shipping, so an extra $50 off plus no tax). When I heard that we were going to be stocking Klipsch speakers I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on some, having heard lots of positive things about the brand. F'ing Klipsch Again. Able to connect directly to a turntable, TV, computer or Bluetooth® wireless-enabled device – these speakers deliver amazing acoustics no matter what source. For the price you can get these on sale online , just about anyone can afford to step into the world of higher quality audio and these are a great introduction to Klipsch. I’m sick and … Cookies help us deliver our Services. Leveraging our proprietary horn-loaded technology and featuring dual 8" spun-copper IMG woofers, the R-820F delivers lifelike acoustics that brings your music and movies to life. 2. Sean Killebrew reviewed this speaker for us back in 2016. Your one stop for all things Home Theater (except soundbars). Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars 61 customer ratings; Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #14,166 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics) #3 in Floorstanding Speakers; Would you like to tell us about a lower price? Replacing 2 Sony floorstanding speakers which I accidentally blew out. I’m torn between the RP5000f and the R820f (or R620f vs RP4000f maybe) Which is a better choice and why? Specifications. Klipsch exclusive 90x90º Tractrix® horn technology ensures the Reference series speaker high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. R-820F is a 2-way Passive Bass Reflex Floor-standing speaker by Klipsch. The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker fills your room with amazing detail and clarity. Bottom line is the extra $300 going to be noticeable? Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) aluminum tweeter minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. People here seem to have a strong dislike for the regular Reference series. The Pinhead and SandAndGlass like this. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The R-820F is a two-way speaker with the tweeter crossed over to the woofers at 1.7kHz. Sorry, live chat isn't available right now. 5. When I looked up the specs on the Klipsch’s, I may be wrong but the only differences I could find is that the 820F has a bigger woofer (8") and the 620F has (6 1/2") woofers, would that dramatically change the sound? Close. Thoughts and opinions please.