Pair it with steamed rice and a simple stir-fry veggie side dish for an amazing, soul-satisfying Goan fare! Daman Delite Restaurant, Daman Picture: Konkani Prawn Curry - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,298 candid photos and videos. An IT professional, Sushmita loves spending time developing new recipes. . Clean the prawns and remove their shells. Tag Archives: prawns konkani curry. Chicken Handi-Popular Chicken Curry- Handi Chicken recipe-Murg Handi, Dhaba Style Aloo Matar recipe| Aloo Matar recipe, Matki Usal Recipe-Maharashtrian Matki Usal, Kandyachya Paticha Pithla | Spring Onion Pithla. It takes 3-4 min.Keep it aside. Pair it with steamed rice and a simple stir-fry veggie side dish for an amazing, soul-satisfying Goan fare! But the one Vegetable that tops the list and serves as the best combo with this curry is the famous "Bhende" i.e. Marinate with a pinch of salt, keep aside. Hey guys, try this out if you're a fan of prawn the traditional way. Mar 25, 2016 - Date – 21.2.2016 About Recipe Here I am presenting konkani style Prawns Curry. The original recipe of making konkani prawns curry is different, here I gave my own twist to this recipe. Saute the onions till they are a light golden … Made this prawn curry today sans any Masala apart from natural fresh ingredients. This prawn curry has a coconut base and has a spicy and tangy flavour. Step by step instructions are provided with every recipe. Wash it thoroughly. Reply. This Goan Prawn Curry With Raw Mango recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes … Many Malvani sea food dishes are popular globally. Ingredients. 400 gms of prawns. Time to prepare: 20 minutes Ingredients 1. Recipe copied from here. I will be using tamarind in today's recipe. wow awesome curry… Cheers Anu @ RasA-svAda. February 4, 2015 at 8:13 pm. Grind the above mixture into a smooth paste. ¼ tsp turmeric powder. 400 gms of prawns 2. Fry the tempering until mustard seeds start to pop. Cut and wash the shrimp, pat dry. An easy recipe that can be adapted for any type of prawn or shrimp you have at hand. Apr 22, 2016 - Date – 21.2.2016 About Recipe Here I am presenting konkani style Prawns Curry. This Goan prawn curry with lady’s finger aka okra is a simple coconut-based curry made with a few ingredients! Once onion turn light brown then add roasted dry coconut (from step 3) and fresh coriander leaves and just give a nice stir for 1 min. 2. Mar 25, 2016 - Date – 21.2.2016 About Recipe Here I am presenting konkani style Prawns Curry. How to Make Malvani prawn curry. Made this prawn curry today sans any Masala apart from natural fresh ingredients. Keep it aside. The preparation for each curry varies according to the taste of the fish.Some variety of fish has strong fishy smell and by using ginger or triphala we try to kill the smell. Goan Shrimp Curry is a well-known delicacy and if you have visited Goa in the past, you will have had this curry most probably while enjoying the sunset in a beach shack. This Goan prawn curry with lady’s finger aka okra is a simple coconut-based curry made with a few ingredients! Though chicken is not part of our staple diet, somehow this curry is prepared in this same way in most Konkani households. 6 garlic cloves. Reply. Egg curry with rich coconut base and typical Konkani flavors from coriander seeds, red chilli and tamarind. Add prawns, salt and coconut oil. Came across this recipe on NDTV Good Times channel and was presented by my favorite Chefs Aditya Bal. Oct 13, 2017 - Konkani Sungta or Jhinga Sukke - Prawns or Shrimps dry curry Do not add too much water. Goan Prawns Curry Recipe is a comfort meal and could be made easily at home. Check out the video below to find out 2 simple ways to clean prawns quickly and easily. Malvan is the coastal region of Konkan, the cuisine is greatly influenced by Maharashtrian and Goan flavours and making a name for itself all over India. Simmers. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. Posts about prawns konkani curry written by Madhavi. In a kadhai(pan), heat 2 tbspoon oil. This step is necessary in order to get a smooth masala paste. Konkanikhanna is about homemade vegetarian and non-vegetarian Konakani recipes. Time to prepare: 20 minutes. This Goan name of prawn curry truly justifies the taste of the recipe. Her hometown in Jharkhand is has always been an inspiration, and influences her cooking. Add water and boil. 300 gm prawns ( preferably medium sized ), 1 medium sized potato cut into small cubes, 1 to 1.5 inches Ginger ( Adarak) -chopped in small pieces, 3-4 tsp Malvani masala (as per your spicy taste), Red chili powder spicy as per the taste ( only if Malvani masala is not available), 2 tsp Garam masala powder - ( only if Malvani masala is not available). Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Konkani Sour Mango Prawn Curry. Indian Prawn Recipes Goan Recipes Curry Recipes Fish Recipes Recipies Fish Curry Coconut Konkani Recipes Food Wishes Other Recipes Mangalorean Fish Curry + Video | Ruchik Randhap Fish curry & rice is a staple meal in most homes in the coastal town of Mangalore.