If that sounds like you, then the following information should help you make up your mind about which monitors to invest in. One thing to consider is that the rear bass ports mean you can’t have them too close to any walls, so a very small room may cause problems. But how do they compare to the Yamahas for studio monitoring? Close. The latest KRK Rokit 7 G4 continues this tradition and offers advanced features. Subwoofers. Please please like my Facebook page, join the DIY Music Facebook Group, follow my Twitter account and sign up to the mailing list to receive new blog posts and other exclusive content. With smaller speakers and monitors that have tuned ports as a bit of a workaround on the limits of physics / small … These studio monitors are known for their flat response, meaning that what you hear is a very accurate representation of the source audio, as long as the levels and room acoustics are good. “That was without doubt the most ill informed and basic speaker comparison I have ever seen” – Oh… I tried to keep it brief and to the point… But all the info should be 100% accurate. Thank you so much for this. I’d recommend seeing if you can try out some options in a store. i have the hs50m and the sound way better. We’re just looking at these two as they’re in a similar price bracket and always get asked about for reasonably priced, home-studio monitors. The HS7s being better suited to smaller rooms where the power of the HS8s would be overkill. You can learn how to make music on ANY speaker” – This is half true, though there is definitely value in having accurate monitors for good quality mixing and mastering. ... Yamaha HS7. KNS 6400 KNS 8400 Accessories. My monitor comparison: Yamaha HS7 + KRK Rockit 7 G4. Get a 10% discount off of Waves Audio plugins, Click here to check reviews on Amazon for Yamaha HS7s, Click here to check reviews on Amazon for Yamaha HS8s, Click here to check reviews on Amazon forKRK Rokit RP5s, Click here to check reviews on Amazon forKRK Rokit RP6s, DIY Music Blog #13 – DISASTER! Well, in terms of frequency response, the KRK Rokit RP5s go from 45Hz – 35kHz and the KRK Rokit RP6s have a range of 38Hz – 35kHz. Here’s a question you will see a lot in forums and groups online. Following this you are mixing and possible also mastering your work in the same space. As one of the world’s top loudspeaker manufacturers, KRK’s new Rokit series, including the Rokit 5, is a constant favorite of … “I see lots of big producers out there using them both, as they say, every monitors has their good and bad sides, combine them can get you more advantages than inconveniences, and then it all depends on your room size, major performance factor.” – Absolutely! I mainly produce … Get the best studio monitors from the essential list of the 40 top studio monitors on the market today. Ultimately, the Yamahas have the most accurate response and are therefore the best choice out of the two for getting the best out of your mixing and mastering. Long-established and much loved, KRK's Rokit line of powered studio monitors has undergone a major revision with and now comprises four monitors built around 5”, 7”, 8” and 10” LF … However, monitors are only a part of the whole puzzle and you also need to think about their placement and your room layout and acoustic treatment as well as referencing on other systems and using commercial reference tracks. If you just want to jump to the conclusion, click here. The KRK’s I've used had an exaggerated low end a lot of distortion. I feel they more accurately reflect the sound of mid-grade consumer playback systems. I figured I would share my thoughts on my recent purchase of studio monitors. Both are good but the Yammies come out ahead on flatness at this price range. They have … I’m going to assume that you are producing music in some way, either recording or programming with samples and synths at home, in a bedroom or spare room or even a garage or attic. I wanna hear your thoughts and recommendations between them since there is not a lot of review for the new g4… On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Yamaha HS7 is a more popular studio monitor, based … The new 7" KRK ROKIT RP7 G4 (Generation 4) bi-amp professional monitor takes music and sound creativity to a whole new industry-level. The Yamaha HS5 and the KRK ROKIT 5 G4 are two leading designs that both provide suitable mixing capabilities in small sized rooms. For DIY Musicians, Bedroom Producers and Home Studio Fanatics. Frankly, the KRK Rokit 7 G4s sound awesome: heavy bass, punchy transients, crispy high frequencies, and great stereo imaging. I went in looking to compare Adam Audio T7V vs JBL 306P MK II vs. Yamaha HS7… Rokit 5 vs Rokit 6 | Comparison Review. In the end I went for the Yamaha HS7s. “I have JBL LSR308’s… are mine somehow inferior to these?” – Nope! Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered. There seemed to be much more information revealed, although I had a general bias towards them because of the name and their look (the white model is absolutely beautiful). Initially I was going for the Rokit 5 studio speakers because as we all know, practically every site on the internet says they’re great, plus they’re also on the best selling studio monitors list (that should tell us something, right) but anyways after reading this I think I might actually get the Yamaha HS7!!! Deciding which monitor to opt for is a tough decision though. ... up to 40KHz at the high end and down to 36Hz if you opt for the larger KRK Rokit 8 G4, with the smallest monitor, the Rokit 5 G4, going down to a very respectable 43Hz. Enquire for availability. Yamaha HS8 vs KRK ROKIT 8 G4 At Producer Alternatives, we adhere to strict standards of editorial integrity to help you make decisions with confidence. We earn money from some of the links of the … You need an account to post a reply. There are also five–, eight– and 10-inch variants … “Overall, you can get a decent mix from either, and even more so better if referenced with other monitors and sources, but you’ll always get better translation with HS5 or any in the series because they aren’t adding any thing false or taking away anything vital.” – Using multiple monitors for referencing is great advice, if you have space and can afford it. In this initial comparison, I favored the HS7s. Check out this frequency response graph showing the bump in the bass. Hey guys I'm new to Reddit and to producing as well, I'm trying to get myself my first pair of monitor and I've been deciding between Yamaha and Krk. … KRK Rokit 7 G4 Two-Way Active Powered Monitor 7″ ... Yamaha HS7 Powered Studio Monitor R 6,395.00 incl 15% VAT. There hasn't been a ton of comments regarding the new KRK G4s. Glad it’s helpful. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Yamaha HS Studio Monitors. The Yamaha HS series monitors are visually similar to the classic Yamaha … Click here to check current prices on Amazon for Yamaha HS7s, Click here to check current prices on Amazon for Yamaha HS8s. Archived. ... ROKIT Powered G4. The real point of contention with the KRKs is the flatness of frequency response. And how to be prepared for it…, Understanding Compression and Using the Fruity Limiter, Recording 'Back to The Drawing Room' - Interview with Aled Jenkins from Smokey Bastard, FL Studio - Basic Mastering with Maximus [VIDEO], FL Studio - Linking a MIDI Controller to any Parameter [VIDEO], 6 Reasons to Buy FL Studio (And not Steal it). “Well-summarized. I’d like to address a few questions and comments about the article and it’s content that have come up: If you have any other thoughts on this please do comment below. The punchy low end also made the Rokit … Which would you recommend and why? White Noise CLASSIC 5 ROKIT 5 G4 ROKIT 7 G4 ROKIT 8 G4 ROKIT G4 Grille Covers ROKIT 10-3 G4 V Series 4 V Series 6 V Series 8. However, I will eventually move and have a larger room so I can always trade in the HS7s for HS8s when the time comes. The Yamaha HS7s are not familiar in any way to the type of speaker a consumer is going to be listening on. If you just want to jump to the conclusion, click here. I went in looking to compare Adam Audio T7V vs JBL 306P MK II vs. Yamaha HS7. Sorry for the late reply! I’ve not had a chance to try out the JBLs but they do get good reviews. KRK Rokit 5 . Are they not a lot more expensive though? The treble feels less pronounced and sits more comfortably with the upper-middle frequencies. But I’d recommend you read the whole article. From a technical perspective, there are certainly benefits to its revered “revealing” qualities, but I want to understand how it sounds to the typical listener who has “nice”(Sonos, bose, sennheiser momentum crowd, etc) consumer grade equipment. In general, the monitors look good, new and sound, too. The Rokits did sound nicer and definitely bassier, but there was obviously more clarity from the Yamahas. I’m just focusing on these for this article. It also has a solid reputation among professionals. The new KRK ROKIT … KRK Rokit vs Yamaha HS – Studio Monitor Comparison. 7" aktivní studiový near-field monitor. Yamaha HS8 Powered Studio Monitor Each R … I went through this decision making process myself last year and tried out all monitors in the shop using some of my own reference tracks. From Adam to Yamaha, here's the brands to know. However, for the purposes of accurate studio monitoring, the Yamaha HS series comes out as the better choice. Buy on Amazon. So they have very similar but slightly smaller ranges, missing a bit off the lower end but gaining some high on the smaller model. ... Yamaha HS7… If you move in any EDM production related circles at all then these yellow-coned bad boys will be very familiar to you. Let’s look at the details and decide…. We’re going to look at how the Yamaha HS7/HS8 and the KRK Rokit 5/6 compare. Rokits are way overhyped and not accurate.” – Thanks! Which are the best studio monitors for my home studio or production setup, Yammies or Rokits? , Thanks! € 150 - KRK Rokit RP5 G4 € 235 - KRK Rokit RP8 G4 € 259 - Yamaha HS8 € 271 - Yamaha MSP5 € 435 - Neumann KH 80 DSP € 577 - Neumann KH 120 A > € 700 - Yamaha MSP7 (to buy this I would have to find a Yamaha … They get very good reviews, and the 3rd generation model is said to be crisper and more clear, with rich treble. They look the same but the hs7 is just a (downgraded) version so the production is cheaper. Re: KRK RP6 RoKit G3 vs. Yamaha HS7 Byloose_t Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 am I did a lot of A/B comparisons at guitar center a few months back when I was buying new monitors. The spec of the ROKIT G4 … DSP-driven Graphic EQ with 25 settings help condition your … I would consider the HS7s a nice alternate pair to check the mix on, but the bulk of work I’d want to do on the KRKs. My monitor comparison: Yamaha HS7 + KRK Rockit 7 G4, ADAM Audio Introduces the T Series Range of Studio Monitors. So Yamaha HS7 tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than KRK RP5-G3 Rokit, as seen on the chart below. 2. Already have an account? KRK Rokit 7 G4 or Yamaha HS7? They’re also popular from what I’ve gathered. . I believe they have a high-end monitor in the works, with a 3-way option. The reason I think we see this a lot is because both are high quality and reasonably priced studio monitors, and ideal for someone with a small to medium budget who wants to get the best for their money. Oh wow this article is actually very helpful! KRK RP7 Rokit 7 G4 Professional Bi-Amp 7" Powered Studio Monitor, White Noise: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your … Rokits aren’t terrible but they are coloured and therefore not the most accurate. But I’d recommend you read the whole article. 8s 10s 12s 12sHO. The Focal alpha series wipes the floor compared to these! I figured I would share my thoughts on my recent purchase of studio monitors. The KRK Rokit 7 G4 is a front-ported, bi-amped monitor with a DSP-powered EQ section, to help deal with typical room and speaker placement problems. I dont mix and maste, so, for my ears, Rockits is much more fun!!! I’ve been wanting to get a pair of monitors for weeks now but it’s been hard to choose because of all the options available. KRK is another brand that offers exceptional quality. They can be seen in a few famous producer’s studios on various vids and they’re very popular because of their affordability and good marketing. There are 4 models in the line: The ROKIT 5 G4, ROKIT 7 G4, ROKIT 8 G4 and ROKIT 10-3 G4… EQ … Headphones. That said, the KRKs are still a popular monitor and are used by professionals so they can’t be terrible. If anyone spots any incorrect info in my articles please tell me and I’ll be sure to make corrections. Do not buy yamaha 7, krk is much better, there is a very large selection of frequencies from behind, in short, take krk you will not regret it, if there is a possibility, then 7 … When someone decides to make the investment and starts to look for proper studio monitors, but they don’t have a huge budget or a massive professionally treated room, these two brands always come to their attention due to price, quality and popularity. KRK really stepped up their game this time, and I'm excited to see what they have next in the pipeline. This site is made up of blog posts about my home studio journey, articles about music technology and DIY Music tutorials. The KRK Rokit range of studio monitors is a favorite for many artists. Do you have experience with either or both makes of studio monitor? You’ll love them. Hey there! and well built with the signature white cones that look nice and professional in a home studio setup. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. I chose the HS7s over the HS8s because I don’t have a very large room and, at the time, it was completely untreated so I figured the larger monitors would be overkill and probably not worth the extra cost at this stage. Thanks for your contribution fenderludwig. I hope you enjoy reading and find the content useful. Posted by 1 year ago. Yamaha HS7/HS8 or KRK Rokit 7 G4 ? Before we look at comparing these two speaker systems we should first be specific about where they are going to be used and what they will be used for. There hasn't been a ton of comments regarding the new KRK G4s. Unless you really need to hear sub bass (depending on your genre) this is enough to get good mixes in a small to medium sized room. There are lots of other makes and models of studio monitor, of course, but for the purposes of this article we’ll just focus on these two brands. Please do post in the comments below what you think so that others can benefit from your knowledge. The Rokit G4 has balanced out the frequencies for a much better soundscape compared to the previous model. KRK Rokit 7 G4 or Yamaha HS7? I shared in a few production groups on Facebook and my notifications have been going crazy ever since. So, which ones are better? They also look and sound pretty cool. Room treatment is also such a huge factor that you shouldn’t really even think about monitors without thinking about treatment too. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. A lot of people claim that they are ‘coloured’ and that they add something to the bass and mids that mean you are not hearing the most accurate representation of the source. Do you have any opinion on the JBL LSR 305, by the way? “IT DOESNT MATTER! Would I have problems using Yamaha HS7 in a small room? The Yamaha HS series monitors are visually similar to the classic Yamaha NS10s but with a build more specific for studio monitoring. We are not talking about kitting out a high-end studio and the space you have could be relatively small and untreated. I chose Yamaha over Rokit because of the flat response and the fact that they are a trusted and established brand for audio and I felt far more confident that I would be getting the quality and accuracy I wanted for my home studio. Human hearing doesn’t generally go above 20kHz but we can ‘sense’ the higher frequencies, however, I think the lower end is going to be more important when mixing or mastering. I don’t regret getting the KRKs. KRK Rokit 7 G4. the hs7 is a joke. The older hs50m/hs80m are way better. The smaller Yamaha HS7s have a frequency range of 43Hz to 30kHz and the larger Yamaha HS8s go from 38Hz to 45kHz. The KRK Rokit 5’s are a solid, heavy and durable set of monitors. Re: KRK RP6 RoKit G3 vs. Yamaha HS7 Byn4l Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:37 pm My main concern is that if the Yamahas would make general music listening unenjoyable. Studio Monitors: Adam A3X vs KRK Rokit RP6 G3 vs Yamaha Hs7 Hey Guys & Gals, I'm delving into the world of studio monitors for the first time and I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer … Click here to check current prices on Amazon forKRK Rokit RP5s, Click here to check current prices on Amazon forKRK Rokit RP6s. They are solid (actually pretty heavy!) The OP said it himself, he chose monitors that made his problematic mixes sound better by concealing problematic areas. When listening to beat- and bass … Cool! KRK ROKIT RP7 G4 (4 generace) bi-amp představuje profesionální monitor s grafickým DSP ekvalizérem (25 možností nastavení). KRK Rokit 7 G4. Sorry for the late response! I'm trying to decide what my first studio monitors should be. KRK ROKIT G4 monitors have landed, and we have been asked one question a lot lately: “What’s the difference between the KRK ROKIT G3 and the KRK ROKIT G4 monitors?” In this article, with the help of the KRK Product Development Team’s inside insight (The ROKIT … I’ve been slightly overwhelmed by the response to this article! It seems this is a subject a lot of people have strong feelings about studio monitors, as well they should. At the 2018 Winter NAMM Show, KRK launched the latest generation of ROKIT, now known as the RPG4 (ROKIT Powered G4). We’re going to look at how the Yamaha HS7/HS8 and the KRK Rokit 5/6 compare.