First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law’s home. I first added one just to make sure if it breaks or does not break. Mix well, if the mixture is too dry, a few drops of water can be added. This meatless version of a kofta -- traditionally made with lamb or beef -- is packed with spices and hearty black beans and lentils. dosto aaj lauki kofta ki curry nahi, chilli banayenge.. ye jhal kofta ki recipe super tasty Chinese style me rahegi Bengali taste ke saath.. # CookingShooking ko jarur subscribe karein - https://goo.gl/MH3A4r. how to make lauki kofta in hindi . The Lauki/ Doodhi Kofta is a simple, healthy recipe where the koftas are not fried. Stir and simmer lauki kofta gravy and cook for 10-12 minutes more. 5: fry the koftas in the oil, till they are even golden browned from all sides. Peel it and grate it. Dosto aaj chaliye Malai Kofta ki recipe banate hain, yellow gravy me! But the curry base tasted to me somewhat like tomato rasam… Not exaggerating. Mix all the ingredients for making the koftas with the grated lauki except oil. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. Lauki Kofta Curry Lauki/ bottle gourd is harvested young to be used as a vegetable. These koftas are not porous and hence don’t absorb much of the gravy. Today chef Ruchi Bharani is going to show you a speciality dish made with Lauki and i.e Lauki Kofta Curry. Actually, it’s a bottle gourd dumpling recipe that is dipped into a delicious Indian curry. Twitter Blend all the ingredients mentioned under ". 9: when the mixture has thickened, add all the dry spice powders – turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Here is the recipe of Lauki Kofta (Bottle-gourd) for vegetarians. Like this Recipe?Pin it Now to Remember it Later. For instagram mention. https://hebbarskitchen.com/lauki-kofta-recipe-bottle-gourd-kofta-curry The difference between koftas and pakoras is the consistency of the mixture or batter. Add lemon-tahini sauce for a perfect weeknight dinner or healthy lunch. Stir and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Lauki kofta recipe with step by step photos. Today’s recipe is a simple and tasty side dish recipe – Lauki Kofta Curry that goes really well with rotis, chapati, naan or kulcha or any Indian bread. They won’t break. It’s named “Lauki ka Kofta” or “लौकी का कोफ्ता”. Traditionally Kofta's are fried and loose it nutritive value. You can make the kofta or pakoras beforehand and refrigerate. Lastly, add the fried kofta. Stir and continue to fry the masala paste till it starts leaving oil from the sides. Rinse a bottle gourd/ Lauki thoroughly. Also goes well with jeera rice. You can shallow fry or deep fry. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. Today I am sharing a healthy version of lauki ke kofte – kofta curry prepared with non fried koftas. 11: add the strained bottle gourd juice. Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. Make small round shaped balls or patties. 6: drain fried lauki ke kofte on paper tissues so that the extra oil is absorbed. Learn how to make Restaurant Style Lauki Curry at home with Chef Ruchi Bharani on Rajshri Food.Lauki is one such vegetable that not many people are fond of but it's extremely healthy. Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. Back then, just the smell of lauki was enough to make me lose my appetite but now lauki koftas are my favorite … I guess t astes evolve. This lauki ka kofta recipe requires you to do some prep work before hand like making the lauki koftas or pakoras. Since mil does not add anything to the curry paste made primarily of tomatoes and some onions, ginger, garlic etc… And the tempering of cumin in this tomato based curry was one of the reasons the curry tasted much like tomato rasam. Preparation steps For Lauki Kofta. Lauki kofta is more suited for home as it is more nutritious and low in calories. Thanks a lot Richa and so glad to know. My first impression on having the curry was – the koftas were yum… They just melted in the mouth. Then make the gravy the next day. squeeze the grated lauki. It is my go to site for all vegetarian recipes. The balls made from this mixture are then deep fried and then soaked into a spicy gravy. As a result, they don’t absorb much of the gravy. Keep about 1.5 or 2 tbsp oil. This Lauki Kofta Curry recipe is a summer special recipe using Lauki (Bottle Gourd, Lau or Opo Squash). Ingredients: For Base Yellow Gravy: Saucepan: 2 tbsp - Khus Khus / Poppy Seeds 2 tbsp - Magaz / Melon Seeds 20 - Cashewnuts Water - 500ml. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve lauki kofta hot with rotis, naan or jeera rice. Add water. be careful as the paste splutters. Koftas made of grated lauki or Bottle Gourd is served with a tomato-based mildly spicy gravy. In the original recipe, a tiny piece of tamarind is kept in the center of kofta for a tangy burst, which i omitted. try my other dish on my chennal annapoorna kitchen by Purnima Varshney. Grate it. If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Koftas are basically meatballs that can be had as a starter or a snack, it is also coed in a curry and is had as a main course. The first kofta which I added has already got browned. Learn how to make Restaurant Style Lauki Curry at home with Chef Ruchi Bharani on Rajshri Food. But in this Lauki Kofta I have pan fried them in a Non-Stick Kuzhi Paniyaram Pan and simmer the kofta's in a quick and simple spiced tomato gravy.. You can choose whatever is easier for you to make. However, keep the juice. And after just 10 minutes on the grill, your vegan dinner is served! Add the juice and about 1 cup water to the paste. So its advisable to add them when you serve and not before. My mom would made lauki kofta once in two weeks and as a kid, I never liked lauki. Switch off the fire and let them be in the curry for a few minutes. I have tried so many recipes from your website and every single dish is a winner. लौकी —500ग्राम (कद्दूकस की हूई) बेसन - 50 ग्राम (1/2 … Don't add too much water as then the whole mixture splutters while frying. Lauki (bottle gourd) is one of the vegetables that gets a lot of hate, even from the vegetarians. Remove the lid. There are […] fry the lauki kofta in the oil, till they are even golden browned from all sides. lauki ke kofte is a light tomato based delicious curry dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd. Keep around 1.5 or 2 tbsp oil. I had never heard nor knew that a curry is made from bottle gourd koftas. This kofta recipe will completely change your mind about lauki … thanks you so much and subscribe now. Dosto, mummy aaj Lauki ya Doodhi ke Cheele ki recipe share kar rahi hain, aap bhi try kariega.. bahut tasty lagte hain :) # cookingshooking. Add the fried lauki kofta. This is what I genuinely felt when I had the lauki kofta curry the first time. 10: stir and let the masala cook for 3-4 minutes more or till the mixture starts to leave oil. this is … The whole curry is mildly spiced and has a good flavor and slight tang due to tomatoes. 8: remove the extra oil from the same pan in which you fried the koftas. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. Heat the oil and fry the cumin first. 4: heat oil in a kadai or frying pan. Also these koftas lower the caloric value of the dish compared to the ones made with potato and paneer. Serve lauki ke kofte With rotis, naan or basmati rice. Hi, I am Dassana. So I improvised upon her recipe and to make the gravy more smooth and creamy, I started adding cashews. The vegetarian kofta prepared with bottle gourd is dunked in a spicy curry. Add less water to make the batter. Add gram flour (besan), spice powders and salt to the bottle gourd. 1: rinse, peel and grate the lauki aka bottle gourd aka opo squash. Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. 2: add the besan/gram flour, spice powders, salt. oil for deep or shallow frying the koftas. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes on my food blog since 2009, with a step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. Cashews not only enhance the taste, but even give a smooth rich consistency to the gravy. Drain the fried kofta on tissues so that the extra oil is absorbed. Rinse and peel the lauki (bottle gourd). These koftas are simmered in creamy, flavorful onion-tomato-yogurt gravy. Heat the oil and first fry the cumin. Pinterest If you like a sweet taste in your curries, you can add sugar too. If you like a sweet taste in your curries, you can add sugar too. The koftas along with the curry taste really yummy. If you add water to this mixture, then you will get a batter consistency which will help you in making pakoras. https://www.easycookingwithmolly.com/2019/04/lauki-paneer-kofta-recipe You may have heard of many types of kofta like Malai kofta, veg kofta, aloo kofta, etc but today’s kofta is a little different. Most welcome & happy cooking. Remove extra oil from the frying pan in which the koftas were fried. Blend all the ingredients mentioned under "Masala paste" with little or no water to a smooth paste. Nevertheless I enjoyed having it since I am a rasam fan. Squeeze the grated bottle gourd and keep the juice aside as it will be required for the gravy. It was like koftas in tomato rasam. 3. Most welcome and happy cooking. If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. YouTube I found many variations of this recipe online but decided to stick with Online Guru Sanjeev kapoor . Instagram, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: November 15, 2019, .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }4.79 from 66 votes • 191 Comments. Facebook Vegetarians come up with different variations of it like this one, the Lauki ka Kofta. However if you make pakoras/fritters, they do absorb a lot of the gravy and swell up and can break also. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). This curry recipe goes amazingly well with roti, paratha or naan.Do try it at home and share your feedback in the comments below.Visit our Website for more Awesome Recipeshttp://rajshrifood.com/Download the Rajshri Food App by clicking on this link:- http://bit.ly/RajshriFood_And#LaukiKoftaRecipe#KoftaCurry#VegetableKoftaFor Kofta500 gms Bottle Gourd, grated1/4 tsp Garam Masala1/4 tsp Turmeric powder1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder1/2 tsp Coriander\u0026Cumin seed powder1/4 tsp Asafoetida1/4 tsp Garlic paste1/4 tsp Ginger paste2 tbsp Oil1 Green Chilli, chopped2 cups Gram flourOil for fryingSaltCoriander leavesFor GravyOil1 tsp Cumin seeds1 tsp Fenugreek seeds1 tsp Carom seeds1 tbsp Ginger, grated1 tbsp Garlic, grated2 Green Chillies, chopped10-15 Curry leaves1/4 tsp Asafoetida1 Onion, grated5 Tomatoes, boiled\u0026pureed1 tsp Coriander\u0026Cumin seed powder1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder1/4 tsp Turmeric powder1 tsp Garam MasalaSalt1 cup Green peas2½ cups WaterCoriander leavesFor KoftaIn a bowl, add bottle gourd, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander\u0026cumin seed powder, asafoetida, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli, gram flour and mix well.For CurryHeat oil in a vessel, add salt \u0026 coriander leaves to the mixture, take small portions of the mixture and leave it inside the oil.In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, carom seeds, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, asafoetida, onion, saute the onions until they are nice and brown.Add tomato puree, coriander\u0026cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, green peas, give it a mix.Let the gravy boil for 8-10 mins.Add water, let the gravy boil for 4-5 minutes and then add the kofta's.Add coriander leaves, mix well, cover and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.Switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving bowl.Our Lauki Kofta is ready.Host: Ruchi Bharani Director: Chirag MehtaCamera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Bhushan Shivangekar, Shirin Shinde, Abhishek DeshmukhEditor: Dinesh ShettyProducer: Neha BarjatyaCopyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private LimitedSubscribe \u0026 Stay Tuned - http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRajshriFoodFor more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifoodFollow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood Ye kofte super naram banenge kyunki na maida, na bread use kari hain # cookingshooking. Thanks Geetika for the review and rating on the recipe. If making pakoras, then just drop spoonfuls of the batter to the oil while frying. Allow some steam to escape. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration. Please do not copy. Read this recipe in English - Lauki Kofta Recipe . Like our videos? Pakoras will be much easier to make than shaping and making the koftas. Keep the juice aside. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Malai Kofta Recipe – Creamy Soft Kofta in Yellow Gravy Restaurant Style CookingShooking March 6, 2019 theindya 0 Comments cookingshooking Hey Guys, In this video, let’s cook together Malai Kofta Recipe in Restaurant Style, the koftas will be super soft and … In this recipe I have made koftas. We will use this juice in the gravy. All our content & photos are copyright protected. 7: make a smooth paste of tomatoes, onions, green chilies, ginger, garlic and cashews. Heat oil in a kadai or frying pan. Keep stirring the masala at times. This is Lauki Kofta with curry. Don’t cover the pan with any lid. Lauki/ghia also known as bottle gourd or opo squash Is used to make the fried dumplings and then added to a tangy tomato based gravy. Then add the masala paste. Lauki kofta recipe - kofta made from bottle gourd (lauki) and besan, then deep fried in the oil. Lauki sabzi recipe – this is an easy and slightly spiced version of lauki sabzi. Lauki kofta curry is a simple and hearty Indian style vegan kofta curry. Mash the Chickpeas well, add chili flakes, coriander, green chili, salt and oats powder. Great recipe…makes for a delicacy out of the humble lauki… thank you . It is like a blank canvas and absorbs all the flavours wonderfully. Gently place the lauki kofta in the hot oil. Lauki is popularly combined with chana dal to make a semi-dry Lauki Chana curry, fried as dumplings to make Lauki Kofta Curry or … 2. 3: mix well and form small sized round or oval balls. The spluterring will stop when the mixture thickens. 1. I knew of Malai kofta, Cabbage kofta, Aloo kofta, Veg kofta but not of this one. Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). Then add the masala paste. Squeeze the grated lauki and collect the juice in a bowl or mug. If there is too much spluttering, then just cover the pan with a lid not covering the pan fully. Lauki kofta is prepared from a mixture of grated lauki which is mixed with spices and besan (gram flour). the kofta mixture is thicker. आवश्यक सामग्री - Ingrements for Lauki Ke Kofte कोफ्ते. Mix it well and form small round balls.