1 x Gator GL-ELECTRIC lightweight case Ernie Ball Music Man’s weight is … That’s not all you get, because you’re getting a bundle packed with lots of freebies that newbies will need. The guitars that we have listed above are not only lightweight but also have a great tone as well. The sound quality of this guitar is fantastic. But I must confess, the damn thing is a bit too heavy for me … Best headphones for toddlers on airplanes (Updated 2020)! A large guitar for your hands will prove it a uphill task to play it. The installed lipstick pickups use aged Alnico magnets to give it that distinctive tone. Choosing your first electric guitar can be overwhelming! The weight of the guitar is determined by the type of guitar and the wood used in its construction. Skip to main content Skip to footer site51274228064048 site51274741918920106222 New 546104 Gator GL-ELEC Lightweight Fit-All Electric Guitar Case site51274228064048 false Such a design will be very difficult to play because you will need to apply a lot of pressure for the strings to reach against the fret. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The Old Growth Redwood and Old Pine Telecasters, both made of reclaimed wood, were around 6.5 - 6.7 pounds. $349.00. Source(s): good lightweight electric guitar: https://tr.im/qB7gi. They aren't the greatest sounding guitars but the weight can't be beat. Lightweight electric guitars. The humbucker of the bridge is beefy and does not have the mid-range, and it helps to produce a pure and clean sound. When not in gearhead mode, he enjoys photography and travel. If the material used is of poor quality, it might be difficult to play the guitar because the strings are too high above the fingerboard. 1 decade ago. You will enjoy playing your guitar when it is appropriate in size to your arms. While lightweight guitars are known to produce a brighter tone, the most important part for the resulting tone would be pickups. The Tree of Life inlay on the fretboard really complements the overall look, and the classic combination of a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard means it will sound great and last a long time. Required fields are marked *, Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline Guitar Demo & Review, Ibanez JEM-JR 2015 (Steve Vai Signature) Guitar Review. The Lightweight Series features plenty of additional storage for all your guitar related accessories with internal compartments as well as zippered pockets on the front of the case. Learn how your comment data is processed. So why get a lightweight electric guitar? I have a solid body Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro that I am very happy with. Lightweight Electric Guitar Case for Les Paul or Other Single-cutaway Guitars with Foam Padding, Removable Strap, Exterior Pockets, and Internal Neck Reinforcement - Black $ 109 .99 Or $5 /month § … In this video you learn how through thoughtful design and engineering the goal of a high performance and lightweight guitar was achieved. The average electric guitar weight is from 6 pounds to 12 pounds (3 to 5kgs). The C-shaped neck fits well to your hand and the frets are smooth. There are numerous electric guitar brands available in the market. Required fields are marked *. These are: Stratocaster comes in a sleek and stylish manner, which makes it stand apart from the crowd. The end result is a slim, 6-pound axe has a beautiful natural wood body with a white pickguard that’s stylish and distinctive with a hip, vintage feel. The options on the list below sound great, are easy to play, and all weigh in the range of 6-10 pounds. Nevertheless, for you to get not only high-quality but also pure sound from your guitar, you need a guitar with exceptional features. Launch price: … Photo by Gabriel Pollard / CC BY. So, yes, lightweight electric guitars are a great choice to invest your money in when you are thinking of buying a lightweight electric guitar. Many guitars bust over 8lbs (3.6kg) in weight. The difference is brought about by the fact that hollow guitars require less wood to make the guitar as compared to the solid wood kind. Best Lightweight Bass Guitar – 10 Picks 1. Before showing the alternatives, the regular weight of a new Fender … Yes, we can. Skip to main content. Their Steve Vai signature is certainly no exception. Enjoy the lowest prices and best selection of Travel & Mini Electric Guitars at Guitar Center. Are you looking for a guitar with a classic design? Rugged nylon forms a water-resistant, durable exterior while dense EPS foam perfectly cradles your electric guitar in position. I got into a motorcycle accident a few years ago and injured my spinal cord. Besides that, it does not have any maintenance costs. One big thing you can look for is a hollowbody or semi-hollowbody construction. or Best Offer. Hands down, it’s one of the best lightweight guitars for the money. These are our recommendations for the 4 best lightweight guitars on the market: Squier by Fender ’72 Thinline Telecaster Lightweight Guitar. Great design – The carved top and beveled neck heel is making this guitar … Electric guitars have small scales. Which do you prefer? Fender Player Stratocaster. The length of the guitar affects the sound that the guitar produces because it affects your comfort while playing the guitar. The type of wood used on the guitar has a direct effect on the sound. Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Flame Maple Top, Mahogany Neck, Indian Laurel Fingerboard, and 2 Humbucking Pickups - Crimson Red Transparent. I didn’t realise how lucky I was to own this as it’s lighter than the Tele and a smaller neck. Thinline Telecaster lightweight electric guitar, swamp ash, rosewood board: Condition: Used. ESP 256 are super lightweight as well, overall this is a good list. None of the options above sound nearly as light as they feel, and they’re all excellent choices if you’re looking for the best lightweight guitar. You can combine the bridge and the neck of this guitar in five different positions. 86 watching. Every model of our lightweight guitar line is six pounds or less. Even on bad days, I’ll tootle on the Tokai and thank the god of guitars (no, not Eric Clapton) that I still have a guitar I can play as badly as before. So why get a lightweight electric guitar? The end result is a beautiful instrument that would be at home in a wide range of genres. Amazon.com: Lightweight Electric Guitar. 4.2 out of 5 stars 13. It also comes with a Dyna-MIX 9 system whose primary work is to control the tone of the guitar. Choosing a good electric guitar amplifier is vital to the quality of your sound. Planning to learn how to play the guitar? Top 5 Best Lightweight Electric Guitars in 2020. The work of the amp is to transfer the signal from the string and make it audible by boosting the signal to be strong enough and amplifies via the speaker. As we already mentioned above, there are different kinds of guitar bodies. The electronics on this guy are where you’ll really get the vintage vibe. Micah Johnson started playing music in high school, when he taught himself the bass to join his friend’s band. The wraparound bridge is fully adjustable, giving you complete control over your action and intonation, while the metal nut keeps that intonation set for longer. Skip to main content. For instance, hollow and semi-hollow guitars are lighter as compared to their solid body counterparts. Basswood. I want a solid body, LIGHTWEIGHT, electric guitar. However, in some cases, they might have a humming sound effect, and they are more vulnerable to interference. In most cases, you will find a single-coil pickup in electric guitars. Updated: December 2020. With this lightweight electric guitar for beginners, you get a mini version that’s exactly ¾ the size of the original. Besides that, there are some countries that have rules and regulations as to what can be accepted at their point of entry. The neck should complement the size of your hand. The primary role of the filter is to cut out higher frequencies. The sound won’t be as affected as you might think by the change from a solid to a hollow body. Therefore, the acoustic guitar does not have a better tone as compared to an electric guitar. Ibanez is a renowned Japanese company that produces quality guitars. The soundboard and the body amplify the vibrations of the string.”. The feel of this guitar is exceptional. Choose a guitar that will support your playing style. It was first produced in 1990, and it is ideal for jam. The Thinline models from Fender use less wood in the body than most similar guitars, which in turn cuts back on its weight considerably. If solid-body electric guitars are too heavy for you, these are some alternatives you should consider. But it is different and weight and size is an issue. Rated 4.5/5 9 reviews Write your review Item ID: TeleHHFMICRT $ 724.99. There is also a second resistor whose work is to control the volume or amplitude of the signal that is sent to the jack. Weight isn’t one of the factors most luthiers consider to be of primary importance when they’re making electric guitars. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. If anything, you’ll find it has a bit more resonance, sustain, and nuance compared to a solid instrument of the same general build. Martin Steel String Backpacker Guitar… If you’re looking for the absolute lightest guitar you can find, the Epiphone Les Paul is not necessarily your best bet. If … At 8 pounds, the Steve Vai signature is much lighter than it looks, and has a build quality that keeps it from feeling flimsy. It comes with a single-coil, which helps to impress and amp the sound. Lightweight guitars weight of around 6-8 pounds (2.7kg -3.6 kg). OP asked for the best light electric guitar, that is relatively inexpensive, and has humbuckers. ... On top of that, you can carry the equipment to any location, thanks to its compact and lightweight design. Our team of experts here at Music Critic, have tried and tested each guitar, to give you our complete guidance and review. I also got a “travel guitar” that is basically the shape of a Strat pick guard. We stock a huge range online and in-store, including ever-popular solid-body guitars, to hollowbody guitars and archtops. The tones can be adjusted to produce different sounds. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but a Steinberger seems to fit the bill better than anything else suggested for solid body guitars… It has modern, lighter, and brighter in terms of sound. For instance, rosewood, maple and mahogany are heavy as compared to other woods used in the construction of guitars. Based on the concept of the early Delta Bluesmen and their small, lightweight parlor guitars, these instruments are made to become your life long companion. If you want a guitar that will play on a high octave, then you should go for one with 24 frets. The double-locking bridge keeps your intonation solid and the single-coil pickups have a bright, bold tone. That is why in most cases it is challenging to light a lightweight guitar. The Gator Lightweight GL Series Electric Guitar Case offers the portability of a gig bag and the sturdy protection of a hard-shell case. Get the guaranteed best price on Cases for Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Gator GL-ELEC Lightweight Fit-All Electric Guitar Case at Musician's Friend. I’ve always had small fingers (I was going to say small hands, but then an image of Trump came into my head) but the weight is now more important as arthritis is chewing its way through me, including my hands. This is because the craft is bigger as compared to the neck. A lot of guitarists pass on certain guitars simply because they're too heavy. The playability of the guitar is determined by the other factors that we have highlighted above like the material used. He added guitar and drums during his twenties playing in local clubs, and along the way, he picked up unique, hands-on experience from hand drums to studio mixers. Some of the best quality tuners are those that are coated with chrome. The plug-and-play Davison Guitars Full Size Electric Bass Guitar is great for someone new to playing the instrument. The Parker fly is only 5 lbs, and is famous for sounding so good yet being so light (amazingly light). What is the Role of a subwoofer in a CAR? MSRP $175.99 $109.99 It is well renowned for its play-ability and excellent sound. Finding the best electric guitar is a very personal choice for any player to make. Lightweight Electric Guitar Case for Les Paul or Other Single-cutaway Guitars with Foam Padding, Removable Strap, Exterior Pockets, and Internal Neck Reinforcement - Black $ … The construction of the body doesn’t have as much impact on the tone of an electric guitar as it does on an acoustic. Davison Guitars Full Size Electric Bass Guitar. This particular one is ideal for beginners. That’s one of the reasons it can be tricky to track down light instruments. Do not expect that every guitar in the market has been adjust and is playable. Most importantly, it is lightweight, so it will not weigh you down when playing either for practice or during a session. The body of this guitar is made of Alder wood, and it has a curved style of the 60s. Generally speaking, if your hands are small, then you should go for a guitar with a shallow neck. I have a Richwood Tele thinline and yes, it’s much lighter than a couple of strats I’ve owned before. It uses a double cutaway design for both comfort and aesthetics, with a sleek black and white design that harkens back to the guitar’s roots. When seated, the leg the guitar … … Where it’s a strong choice, though, is that it’s much lighter than the majority of Les Paul models—both Epiphone and Gibson made—without sacrificing anything in terms of performance. Besides that, it will be uncomfortable or even painful to lay the guitar. Their main work is to prevent humming. There are days I prefer heavy, and somedays I prefer light. However, others have 24 frets. Check out our reviews of the best electric guitar amplifiers on the market! Therefore, it is better to search for your favorite brand and go for it. Of course, the feel and sound are more important than the look, and it delivers in that regard, as well. These obviously use less wood than solid body instruments, and as a result aren’t as heavy. Your email address will not be published. It allows you to control the sound with the help of the tone knob master. The following are some of the FAQ about electric guitars: We are not at a position to give a definite answer to this question at the moment. But generally speaking, there are some airline companies that allow lightweight guitars that can be carried as part of the hand luggage. GL-DREAD-12. Super lightweight – Since this is an electric travel guitar, the weight should be a problem, but this guitar weights only 5 lbs which is pretty much nothing compared to other guitars. All these switches are comfortable, and you can switch from one pickup to the other easily. Medium to heavy weight wood, … You can count on Ibanez for guitars that are as fun to look at as they are to play. Also, when the guitar is playable, it increases the morale and confidence in playing the guitar. Electric Guitars. The pickups help to produce a crisper sound. Email him. The used ones would be pretty cheap. Yet, it is also an exact replica of the iconic guitar played by Kurt Cobain; so, you can play like Kurt using this guitar. However, although there are different types of electric guitars, they all have the same working principle. It has excellent construction, which is simple and has all the necessary specifications. It weighs approximately 1.4 to 2.27 kilograms (3 to 5 pounds). The tuning machine must be of a high-quality. Heavy guitars weight 9-12 pounds (4.1 kg - 5.4kg). Godin Electric Guitar Case - lightweight for a hardshell case, fits Strat / Tele, good condition, a few minor scuffs, latches all work well, from a smoke/pet free environment, no weird smells or fur! Rosewood, mahogany, and maple will be the heaviest of the common tonewoods, while spruce and cedar are lighter in comparison. If you pluck the string of an electric guitar that is not connected to an electricity source, the sound will not be heard. Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Jackson SLSMG Super Lightweight Soloist Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. The guitars in the Epiphone Les Paul series are basically more affordable versions of the iconic Gibson guitars by the same name. It is well renowned for … Therefore, if you are not well experienced, you might overlook the playability of the guitar when buying it. The first guitar I ever owned was the lower end Js series Ibanez guitar back in the 90's- they are incredibly lightweight due the hollow design. Good luck! $57.90 shipping. If you want those classic rockabilly sounds, you’ll fall in love with the Danelectro ‘59M. The biggest factor in play here will be density. The type of wood used for the body will also have a big impact on how much it weighs. The Ultra-Light guitar is 28% shorter and 68% lighter than a typical electric guitar all the which while retaining 100% of its size between the nut and the bridge. Most importantly, before you purchase any lightest electric guitar, it is paramount that you research to know which guitar is ideal for your music type. Free Tech Support. I am looking at Michael Kelly Patriots, PRS SE Singlecuts or SE Customs, or a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. This means you can buy a lighter-weight instrument without worrying about a thin sound. The bridge of this guitar is made stable, bigger, and the height is not adjustable, yet it sits comfortably on the bridge way. The Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar LH NOS 3 Tone Electric Guitar is a perfect slim neck guitar that you can use if you have short fingers.