I’m not sure I even need the higher end S1H or other Panasonic full-frame models. Modern shooters (wedding, commercial most notably) probably don’t want that grain, but to me the way RED doesn’t over-process footage in camera results in something magical. Outstanding IBIS. (update: the S5 does have Super 35 video options so that might be the perfect solution… having your cake and eating it too?). Panasonic Lumix G100 announced: a vlogger’s dream camera? Dials and buttons are almost all in the same places, with some, like the focus mode switch on the back, sporting a minor redesign. Out of the major manufacturers — most notably Canon and Sony — I think Panasonic is consistently the leader when it comes to adding new video features to its existing cameras. Since the S5 uses the relatively new L-Mount, I will need to get an adapter to use my EF/EF-S glass. Everything feels extremely fast. That could allow me to capture Loni’s artwork in, let’s say, a master original, perfect for archiving. Registered No: 2901725. It's a great thing. And, no doubt, even more will come, along with bug fixes in the coming years. I suppose I’m in the latter camp as I’ve used a Metabones Speedbooster on the GH5 since day one and had no issues. to suppress virtually any type of … But I did take some 96MP shots of Loni Stark’s recent oil painting work. The familiar WB/ISO/Exposure Compensation buttons found on the GH5 top plate is the same on the S5 though the buttons are slightly taller. Dual SD slots. We need high quality stills with lots of detail and as much resolution as possible so that we can blow them up as needed for posters and showings and so forth. The S5 is a sub $2,000 USD mirrorless hybrid that looks to provide a good balance of still and video performance in a smaller, lighter camera body than other models in the Lumix … It deserves to give the likes of the Sony A7 III, Canon EOS R and Nikon Z6 more than a run for their money (and yours), and is a deserved winner of our Highly Recommended award.”. Panasonic S1H – Firmware update for Raw video. The Lumix S5 comes packing Dual Native ISO technology, which reduces noise, resulting in cleaner, sharper images. And the new LUMIX S5 offers 20-60mm F3.5-5.6 smooth high quality video recording. The Lumix S5 (pictured) and GH5 are closely matched for video specs, but the S5 does not offer All-I compression and has to use a crop mode for 4K at 60p. It comes with two SD card slots, as is fast becoming standard these days, and handily it can also be charged via USB. It then merges the bright part of the shot into a single image. And what’s more, all this is packed into the slimmest, and lightest S-series body yet, more compact and portable than the Lumix GH5 – it weighs just 714g with battery and card. Well-rounded, lightweight, and sleek, the Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 meshes capable video and photo capabilities with a portable body design. Otherwise, its video specs truly keep pace, minus the 5.9K and 4:2:2 internal recording. But in daily use it means your fingers need to move less. In this section, We are going to illustrate Panasonic S5 … Nikon. Like the $2,499 Lumix S1, the new S5 is built around a 24.2-megapixel full-frame sensor and is designed for both photo and video work. It's finished in basic black, and at 3.8 by 5.2 by 3.2 inches (HWD), is a bit slimmer … Registered Office: 13 Frensham Road, Sweet Briar Industrial Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 2BT. Sign me up! After weeks of rumors and speculation, Panasonic has officially announced the release of the Lumix S5 (DC-S5 if you’re a stickler), which has many saying its the successor to the very popular and much … For those who prefer a viewfinder, the Lumix S5 sports an OLED live 0.74x EVF with 2,360,000 dots of resolution. Just something about the ergonomics, the image, the UI and the build that makes it the best for me when it comes to video compared to Sony, Nikon and Canon. One thing missing worth pointing out: the S5 doesn’t currently offer ALL-I for video recording (the GH5 does). However, the reason why a full-frame body holds appeal for me is the ability to take very high resolution photos of Loni Stark’s artwork. Sony. Its headline feature is its ability to capture 4K 60p/50p 4:2:0 10-bit video … There’s no shortage of in-depth S5 videos and reviews and comparison tests on the internet so I’ll focus on my GH5 perspective for better or worse. Registered in England. The Panasonic S5 with the new 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. At $3,899 USD it’s very expensive (the S5 with kit lens is $2,299 by comparison). Image: Panasonic. The Lumix S5 was announced on September 2, 2020; ... As such, it’s got a number of impressive video specifications. But as someone who covers cameras on the regular, the confirmed specifications for the Pansonic LUMIX S5 are frankly so good it leaves me impressed yet confused. Speaking on the launch of the camera, Panasonic India and South Asia CEO Manish Sharma said, “Introducing this new model in India with Lumix … 03366976). 96MP high resolution stills? The Lumix S5 also includes 5-axis image stabilisation, as well a revamped focusing system that incorporates deep-learning technology – meaning it gets better the more you use it. In several respects, this camera is indeed its spiritual successor. Mode dial almost identical save for the addition of S&Q and deletion of the unneeded “Expressive” mode on the S5. Not to mention faster processing, and all of this in a body about the same or even smaller than the GH5. While others don’t mind using adapters. Still quite good, despite the questionable operator. In general I prefer shooting video in Super 35 mode. I want it all. Instead, the S5 is more a jack-of-all-trades…”, “Despite its compact size, the Lumix S5 shares the impressive 24MP CMOS sensor housed in the Lumix S1, but with improved AF… It’s tough to beat in this category.”, “… the new Panasonic S5 is a compelling mid-teir camera that punches well above both its weight and its price-tag. Aside from so many more important things currently happening around us, in the hybrid camera world … Here’s a summary of what people are saying about the new Panasonic S5. At least that’s what the Panasonic LUMIX S5 promises on paper – a bunch of top-notch video and photo specs from the … There I’m hoping the image is less clinical, less digital than the GH5. I like that the front dial on the S5 is now integrated into the shutter button (see photos above, GH5 on top, S5 on bottom), as opposed to the separate vertical dial found on the GH5. What’s not to love? Panasonic has officially unveiled the Lumix S5, a full-frame hybrid mirrorless that is designed to compete against cameras such as the Sony a7 III, Canon EOS R, and Nikon Z6.. Pixel pitch is 5.91 µm. The 4th model of the LUMIX S Series camera is born. The Lumix S5 follows the standard design paradigm followed by most full-frame mirrorless cameras. I don’t expect the S5 to look as good as the Dragon sensor, of course, but it would be nice if it leans more toward an organic look as opposed to the digital look found on the GH5. On the other hand, GH5 shooters will be able to quickly zoom through them and set up everything as they like. Jon Stapley is a professional journalist with a wealth of experience on a number of photography titles including Amateur Photographer, Digital Camera World and What Digital Camera. So, let's take a look at the rumored video features. Even though this mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera came out in 2017, in my view it’s every bit as good three years later. It includes the V … Menus will seem onerous for first-timers. Panasonic S5 vs Fujifilm X-T4: Physical Specs and Body features Comparison Size and weight is a big decision factor when you are trying to find the ideal camera for your needs. (such was my sales pitch to Loni Stark). Panasonic Lumix S5: Image Sensor: Full frame 24mp without LPF: Lens Mount: L-Mount: Body: Magnesium Alloy (Splash and Dust Proof) Electronic Viewfinder : 2360k 0.74 OLED, 120fps … Knowing Panasonic it’s quite possible some form of ALL-I could be eventually added to the S5 in a future firmware update. Good stuff. 00425579) and Warehouse Express Limited (Company Registration no. 10-bit 4:2:2 video. Pair this with a native ISO range of 100-51,200, expandable to 50-204,800, and you’ve got a seriously versatile camera on your hands. NR3 2BT. On the performance side, admittedly I haven’t spent much time yet with the S5. Current GH5 owners should also consider an upgrade. A 24MP full-frame camera with 96MP high resolution photo mode and outstanding 4K 10-bit video for $2,000 USD is a pretty compelling value proposition. Lumix S5 video specifications The Lumix S5 looks good as a compact and affordable full frame stills camera, but its video credentials are more impressive still. Here I do need to pixel peep — a first for me. So the “High Resolution” mode on the S5, which captures a 96MP photo using I guess what might be called some computational photography jujitsu — essentially sensor shifting eight copies of an image — has me interested. Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 specs and sensor info: 35.6 x 23.8 mm CMOS sensor with 42.82 mm diagonal and crop factor of 1.01. The back side of the S5 is, again, similar; though there’s another custom mode button (Fn2) that’s a goner. Color me interested... GH5 video shooter Clinton Stark shares his thoughts on the new Panasonic Lumix S5. The S5 will also be compatible with Panasonic's recently announced LUMIX Tether for Streaming software, allowing it to be used as a webcam for video conferencing and live-streaming. And I want it now. The Lumix S5 can shoot cinema-quality video, including 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and 4K 30p 4:2:2 10-bit. The S5 is much smaller and lighter than the S1, which it will inevitably be … Panasonic Lumix S5 Key Specifications: The Lumix S5 is Panasonic’s answer to Canon’s EOS R6 and is the best video-centric camera in its price range. The body as a whole is dust- and splash-resistant, making it well-equipped for outdoor shooting. The Lumix S5 can shoot cinema-quality video, including 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and 4K 30p 4:2:2 10-bit. Clydesdale Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number: 311753). 0425579), which operates a number of retail stores across the UK branded as Wex Photo Video. Image Engineering rated the dynamic range of the S5 … One thing to keep in mind if you’re cross-shopping cameras in this approximate price range (Canon EOS R6, Canon EOS R, Sony Alpha a7 III, Sony Alpha a7C, Nikon Z6 II, Panasonic GH5, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/6K) is Panasonic’s excellent support with on-going firmware features. In terms of build and handling, the Lumix S5 benefits from a fee-angle LCD touch display with 1,840,000 dots of resolution, making Live View composing both easy and practical. Better low light performance — a struggle for the GH5 to be sure — will be an anticipated benefit. Meantime, with the competitively priced and feature rich S5 and a wide range of impressive hybrids (S1, S1H, S1R) I’m thinking that Panasonic has firmly entrenched itself as a major competitor in the full-frame camera market. We use cookies on our site so you can place orders and to improve your experience. But without a sacrifice in quality for either. I would just create ProRes 422 (Quicktime) proxies and everything will run smoothly. Again, the S5 wins out when it comes to pure video specs. A hybrid in every sense of the word! The “Live View Composite” feature where the shutter releases at different intervals of exposure. Barclays Partner Finance acts as the lender.Barclays Partner Finance is a trading name of Clydesdale Financial Services Limited, a member of the Barclays Group. All the filmmaking tools you’d want. You also get 4K and 6K photo modes. I want it all. The S5’s performance in these viewing conditions is comparable to competitors like the Nikon Z 6II and Sony’s a7C.