Your email address will not be published. The sound for using on your desk is good. I have 2 Mackie CR3 Studio Monitors, they used to work fine then one day my sound would only play out of one speaker. I used a Hakko FX-888D soldering station and silicone-tipped solder sucker. what a poor build. These 3” Mackie are already down 10db at 80 hz, but you find them bass heavy. Mackie has good quality products, and the Mackie CR4 multimedia monitors are a good example. And then sometimes a left or right speaker mutes, or both. View and Download Mackie CR4BT owner's manual online. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. €4.74. I know they both work and my wires are good because when I switch the powered powered speaker to left, it works but then the right one doesn't play, and after I do that and pull the wire it turns off so I think the wires are good. Back in January 2016 I got a pair of Mackie CR4 speakers. Also a cable for connections to devices using the AUX IN on the front of the speakers. €162.07. Mackie CR4 sound problem. They have been principally designed for the creation of multimedia. Please refresh the page and try again. CR4BT speakers pdf manual download. We are going to take a look at one of their products in our Mackie CR4 Review. For music creation, again on your desk at home, they are adequate without being spectacular. $5.65. Mackie will source what they need. Add jumpers where the red lines indicate for left-powered, blue for right-powered (you must choose. But you must not confuse that operation with a professional studio environment. The CR4 pair of speakers from Mackie are built to studio performance standard. Mackie Creative Reference™ Multimedia Monitors deliver studio-quality design and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment. They are compact and portable and ideal for use in a small studio or at home. To check it, Mackie advises first removing the power cable and sliding out the fuse-holder compartment. Mackie CR4 4" Powered Studio Monitors: 4.4 out of 5 stars from 5 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. 355 . They obviously do not have a gril… My Mackie. Posted by u/[deleted] 2 years ago. Mine completely failed around October 2019. The build quality and design of these speakers is good, but not perfect. Our Virginia-based experts can help you find the best gear. The KRK's seem like the most obvious alternative to the Mackies. But these are very good at that level. It should come straight out, perpendicular to the panel; gentle prying with a tiny screwdriver will release it. All very simple and straightforward. The black and green make them stand out and the single control knob makes it easy to use. Time to add jumpers! They did the job by filling my apartment with music. This switch flips audio left/right output so you can put the powered speaker (with volume knob and headphone jack) on whichever side you prefer without flipping the stereo input cable around. Somehow it doesn’t seem to fit the understated and minimalist design of the cabinet. The monitors are finished in black trim with illuminated green surrounds on the speakers and an off and on control. $194. The wood cabinet gives an expansive natural sound that is far better than a totally plastic enclosure. Mackie promotes their products as US made and most of it is but not all. Other products followed, and Mackie established themselves as a major manufacturer of affordable mixers. The CR1604, which could be used either as a desktop or rack-mounted mixer, became a huge success. The Mackie CR3's do pretty good with treble, I would recommend them . Try a new fuse. Subwoofer with Mackie Cr3s and aux output only: Mackie PA speakers buzz when BOTH plugged into mixer, With two exceptions, the controls are located at the back of the speakers with the bass ports. There is a definite fire risk with these speakers that MACKIE know about but it seems to only appear after 12mths. Plugged in my headphones to see if the problem was on my laptop's sound card but it came straight from the Mackies'. There certainly are better studio monitors available. If that is what you need, then these are a good buy. This is a helpful idea when locating them near to the mains supply. Each speaker has a 4" woofer and 3/4" silk dome tweeter, and the built-in amplifier generates 25 watts per channel of clean, continuous power. You could leave the audio cords connected, but you really want to unplug the power cord for safety. If some are made in China, then it is because it is the best they can locate. Mackie CR4-X. There was a problem. You will not find a pair of quality reference speakers at this price. These monitors are good for editing and playback or just watching a video. The problematic switch is DPDT consisting of two metal clips that slide over blades on a circuit board. The Mackie CR3-X studio monitors are perfectly suited as entry-level studio monitors for those starting out on a budget. They have a four-inch polypropylene coated woofer and a three-quarter-inch tweeter with a silk dome. So please check out our reviews of the Best Vocal Mics, the Best Microphone Preamp, the Best Dynamic Microphones, the Best Microphones Recording Electric Guitar, and the Best Studio Headphones for Home Recording currently available. Every Mackie mixer--up until the Onyx series--has a fuse inside the chassis-mounted power connector. Required fields are marked *. These speakers have a convenience feature in the form of a “powered speaker position select” switch. Is it possible to use subwoofers with Mackie CR4? Payment & Security . They diversified and moved into the design and manufacture of powered and reference speakers. The midrange was also a little fuller and more natural. Mackie support informed me that they were out of warranty and I’d have to take them to a service center, which seemed like a lot of work. It's pretty weird because once I plug my headphones in the speakers actually send the sound to my headphones. But then we must keep in mind the price point. To be fair, the only thing we actually dislike about these speakers is the illuminations on the front. My L/R switch is very loose and faulty, if I push it it sometimes works and can I hear both speakers. Get FREE 2-day shipping and free lifetime tech support with your order. If the Mackie CR3 doesn’t suit all your needs, one of these three four monitors will: The Mackie CR4 and CR5; The Edifier R1280T; The Bose Companion 2 III; If you’re insistent on Bluetooth connectivity but still want a compact build, the Mackie CR4 and CR5 are good contenders. We often see ‘Made in …’ and it is not always wholly accurate. The frequency response, it must be said, though, is not flat, which is what you will get from reference speakers. I need advice from an amp expert - or even Mackie themselves on whether this problem is an economic fix. We can’t honestly say that we are particularly impressed with the illuminated green. Mine completely failed around October 2019. I would take these over generic computer speakers any day of the week. Mackie CR4 or CR5; Logitech 3.5mm PC Speakers; Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Stereo Speaker System; Both the 4-inch and 5-inch models in the Mackie range offer Bluetooth connections, and a slightly louder sound. Also for: Cr8-xbt, Cr3-xbt, Cr4-xbt, Cr5-xbt, Cr-x series, Cr3-x, Cr5-x, Cr4-x. You will, of course, need to pay a lot more. €113.79. Please try your search again later. These are a very pro-sumer set of speakers, and it is apparent in everything from the informal language used on their box, and the feature set they have, to their choice of colors to appeal to general consumers. Subwoofer to pair with Mackier CR4BT's and HOW to do so? Pads to create acoustic isolation are also included, which is a superb idea. Unplug all the cords. A good idea to place it on the front, which saves you having to get around the back to plug it in. Most Popular Most Shared. If you are looking for an affordable pair of monitors to sit on your desk, play some music or watch some videos, they are excellent. Hi, I've been using my CR4 for a couple of months and I had no issues until this morning. This means they are suitable for music production and low-level mixing and creating film music. Mackie is an established, respected business and are not going to use poor quality components. We don’t personally see why this is a problem. Your email address will not be published. Be careful as there are cables connected inside. Checkout "soundhoundon" REVIEW as I totally agree and have the same problem plus he's got some pix. A speaker to speaker cable is provided as are a stereo RCA cable for connecting a computer. I tried to follow along with one Amazon review that mentioned soldering in jumpers, but it also mentioned cutting a trace and the jumper position didn’t make sense (perhaps because of camera angle). Also, an Aux in placed on the same speaker. They have allowed Mackie to become a major player in the audio market. These are made and advertised for "monitoring" which means you get the truest sound signal that is coming into them with as little enhancement from the speakers as possible across the frequency spectrum. Remove the nine screws around the edge of the backplate. Built to be compact and portable, they are a comfortable size and weight. The exceptions are placed on the front for convenience. They are constructed of strong fiberboard and then given a coating of a toughened plastic. On the rear of the passive speaker is just the connections for the cabling to the powered speaker. At the rear, each cabinet has a rear tuned bass port. I thought about buying new speakers but decided to try to fix them instead. As reference speakers in the defined sense of the description, they are not so good. If they can get a better product from overseas, they will do so. I have the same problem here with the CR4. They have been principally designed for the creation of multimedia. Show More Deals. 2 . With two models featuring Bluetooth® streaming and all featuring convenient front-panel controls like a headphone out, Mackie Creative Reference™ monitors deliver professional sound quality and features perfect for work, play and everything in between. $169.99. The Mackie CR4 multimedia monitors are certainly well-built with a rather limited but useful set of functions. In that respect, they are good value. Also, the ability to specify where the powered speaker is placed makes a huge difference when it comes to placing the monitors exactly where you want them.As for the internals, they make the speakers gre… Best turntables for 2020. Having a good set of monitors is obviously the way to go, but to make the best music possible, you’ll need some equipment to go with it. However, they could be used as an additional set of monitors, along with flatter reference pro monitors, to get more of a ‘real-world’ perspective on a mix. I did cut the mute lug on the power amp chip, but that didn’t help. Mackie support informed me that they were out of warranty and I’d have to take them to a service center, which seemed like a lot of work. Unbolt the transformer once the solder is removed. ↩︎. Comparing Audioengine A2+ and Mackie CR4™ Creative Reference™ Multimedia Monitors? Problem is, the switch1 tends to fail (per Amazon reviews) after a few years. This combination puts out an output of 50 watts. You may need to disconnect the two white headers to get enough room to work. I thought about buying new speakers but decided to try to fix them instead. There was a problem completing your request. Mackie CR5-X. Mackie CR3-X 3in Multimedia... zZounds. This is the part where you decide if you want the powered speaker to always be on the left or right side of your desk. Speaker systems now make up over fifty percent of the turnover. They have a wooden cabinet, and do have some weight to them, and you can really feel the quality of their construction. There are also speaker connections to the passive speaker and a mains off/on. The sound can be described as very good for hobbyist music and media production and playback. Assembled, tested, and largely made in the US with a few component parts from China, they have an excellent build quality. These Mackie CR4-XBT monitors are equally at home in a studio or on a desktop. These monitors have this superior combination that is usually only found on monitors costing much more. The Mackie CR4 Review are a pair of speakers that fulfill a function well. CR-XBT Series speakers pdf manual download. Versatile powered monitor speakers. The speakers don't produce any sound. A useful feature that is built-in is a switch that lets you decide whether the powered speaker will be to the left or to the right. There are dozens of newer studio monitors on the market. 0. I am trying to repair a pair of Mackie CR3 active speakers which seem to mute shortly after powering up. They are a sturdy build measuring 12.5 inches by 16.3 by 9.5, and they weigh 12 pounds. That might seem like contradicting thoughts but I have heard tiny ported speakers (not this Mackie) that are ported and tuned to have an annoying LF hump right before the bottom falls out of the audible range. As speakers to use on your desk at home for creating or editing a video, they are well-appointed and functional. They're the perfect size for my bookshelf, had amazing reviews (and rightly so), very easy to hook up, very very good quality sound and look fantastic. 682 . The depth of the low frequencies isn’t that great, but it is adequate. These reduce the excess build-up of bass and also give you a tilt option to change the angle of sound delivery. Before I started I searched for how other people were fixing this and found forum posts talking about cutting lines to an IC (among other approaches). Only 19 left in stock - order soon. No spam, we promise. The bottom end is, however rather lacking for music creation. You will find it hard to find decent multimedia speakers at this price point, either. $135. This also acts as a volume control. This allows you to plug your phone or other devices straight in. Mackie — Providing High-Quality, Affordable Sound and Recording Gear Mackie is a worldwide leader in professional audio products from Mackie Mixers & Control Surfaces to Studio Monitors & Headphones. Unsolder the switch. The setup consists of one powered speaker driven by a Class AB amplifier. You should be able to lift the plate out once these are removed. Mackie PROFX12 preamp noise: should i Get mackie cr4 over a traditonal 2.1 desk setup for clear and great sound experience !! CR4 Review: Mackie CR4 Review – Home Studio Monitors on a Budget This review makes me want to count out the M-Audios, but I was never a fan of M-Audio anyway or Presonus for that matter at least when it comes to speakers (Presonus seems to do a decent job with audio interfaces). The CR4 pair of speakers from Mackie are built to studio performance standard. They are also ideal for playing music from a desktop or a variety of devices. It is clear, though, that you are not going to get studio-level performance monitors at this price point. Possibly you might work on some music creation or maybe do some video creation and editing. The Mackie CR3 speakers are very good. Mackie CR4 sound problem. The modern design of the CR3 makes the speakers look great in both minimalistic décors, as well as in modern, gaming-oriented rooms. We are possibly being a little over-critical about a pair of speakers that function at this price point. This struck me as the wrong approach to bypass a broken switch. Multimedia Monitors w/ Bluetooth. Mackie CR4BT 4″ Multimedia Monitors with Bluetooth are designed for multimedia, with Bluetooth streaming that delivers ultimate flexibility for media creators and music lovers. The switch is inside a foam box. You don’t need to disconnect it, just move it enough to access the switch underneath it. Check all the 1 STAR reviews you'll soon get the idea NOT to buy them. There is the illuminated power button, which also serves as a volume control. It's in the top 3 bestselling studio monitors and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Mackie XR824 or Mackie CR5-XBT.. Mackie CR4BT was released last year in January. The circuit is based around a TDA7265 amplifier IC (see attached). The Mackie CR4 pair of speakers ar… Not for us personally, but some are going to like them, so that is fine. This means they are suitable for music production and low-level mixing and creating film music. This is the area where care needs to be taken. If you think there is a problem, need to contact support, get the latest updates, or manage your licenses, you'll want to Register your Mackie product first. There are compensations as they have some quality built-in features like a sound-enhancing waveguide for higher frequencies. US audio products manufacturer Mackie was founded in 1988 in Seattle. TRS connections can be used for stereo and mono balanced signals. Featuring 50 watts of power and premium transducers, CR monitors ensure pristine, accurate sound for any application. That is good business sense, which means a better product. 9 . Also, another called Tymphany who are based in the US but who have factories in China. Get the best deals on Mackie when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. This could be a line input or output from an external source like a mixer. They are also ideal for playing music from a desktop or a variety of devices. Also for: Cr5bt. 3 Alternatives to the Mackie CR3. Finally as a last ditch effort before throwing them away, I cut pin 5 on the amp chip (TDA7265) which was the mute pin. do not connect red and blue). Cordial CTM 10 FM-GN ... We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can. 1. Not sufficient for higher levels of mixing. We do like the idea of having the Aux In for devices on the front, as we said, it makes life a lot easier. Mackie CR Series Studio Monitor (CR4-XBT) with EMB Cable and Gravity Magnet Phone Holder Bundle 2.5 out of 5 stars 2. As with most things today, one question that always seems to pop is…. On the powered speaker, there are left and right TRS inputs. EBS PCF-DL10 DLX Flat Patch Cable. The sound would need to be much flatter for that function. I get sound from the speakers now, but... - Mackie CR3 CR4 One of the things you can always be sure about with Mackie is the quality of the build and the components used. Archived. Mackie CR4BT is a very popular option on the higher end of the price range. I've owned these monitors for a good 2 year run and today I had no sound coming from them for some weird reason. $129. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. I picked up a set of these from a wholesale liquidator auction site and had the same issue. These monitors are good for editing and playback or just watching a video. Very annoying…. €107.76. Problem is, the switch 1 tends to fail (per Amazon reviews) after a few years. 🐥🐥🐥Black Friday Deals Week🐥🐥🐥 - Save Up to 96%! Mackie CR4 no sound. Full Compass carries a huge variety of Mackie Speakers--Portable Passive and Active Speakers, Subwoofers, Line Arrays, Rack Accessories, and much more. Possibly even just to decide whether you want the control knob to the left or the right. Below them RCA inputs and outputs and below that the speaker position selection switch. Considering the price point Mackie has done a great job. Note: If you click a link on this page, then go on to make a purchase, we may receive a commission but at no extra cost to you. Learn more. When you see a set of speakers described as ‘reference monitors,’ you are expecting studio-level performance. 6 tips to solve Netflix streaming problems. This is to ensure an even distribution of the low-end frequencies. $99.99. Many thanks. They’re not miles apart, but we felt that the CR4 was that bit smoother and more refined. Close. The other speaker is a passive speaker that is unpowered. I tried replacing the amp chip but no good. The CR4 also suffers from port chuffing but the extra 10Hz in the low frequency range is clearly audible and makes this a slightly better balanced speaker. They are compact and portable and ideal for use in a small studio or at home. The Mackie CR4 pair of speakers are versatile and functional for all multimedia work. Mackie CR3-X BT. View and Download Mackie CR-XBT Series owner's manual online. send. My budget was $200 and luckily you can get some really great studio monitors for this price, such as these Mackie CR4's. They have a frequency response of 70 to 20,000 Hz and deliver a Sound Pressure level of 100dB. multimedia monitors w/ bluetooth. Even if they do punch above their weight, which these speakers do given the price point, they are fine for low-level multimedia work and even very basic music mixing. They have become well-known in audio circles for their budget range of audio mixers. They use an ODM ( Original Design Manufacturer) called Meiloon from China. Best Studio Headphones for Home Recording, Top 10 Best USB Microphones On The Market 2020 Reviews, Top 10 Best Wireless TV Speakers You Should Buy In 2020 Reviews & Buying Guide. I trimmed it back with cutters so I could reach the switch housing with my multitool and wiggle it loose. For running videos from a laptop or device, they are very good indeed. They connect via the supplied six-foot stereo cable. For the price point, though, they are good, and this needs to be borne in mind.