I love how it looks like an art installation while providing a soft glow.". Jennifer Marcaccini, one of our senior Soul Body Ojai Yoga Teachers, describes why a retreat is such a valuable experience. Rhein loved this "cohesive style" and made sure all the textiles, rugs, and small furnishings could be interchanged. ", While this house is large, it doesn't feel overwhelming, as each space is "cozied up." After meeting in college, Rhein says the creative couple started a successful production company together that now produces a number of popular documentaries and television shows. Blackout curtains make this fresh space a perfect night’s sleep. The magic of this room is in the large arched windows that allow the warm Ojai light to fill the neutral space and bring the room to life. Contact Me . The Magic of Retreating. "We wanted the owners and their guests to melt into the super-plush sofas and piles of pillows," she explains. The kitchen island brings the room together while creating a central hub where the homeowners can entertain their guests, too. The silk cashmere pendant brings a gauzy and soft light into the space. "Our favorite find was the vintage loomed wedding bench. In December of 2017, a massive ring of intense wildfire surrounded Ojai. ... “ Thanks to you all for a sublime/magical retreat… I'd love to discuss your upcoming event. We wanted our clients to have a place to go to on the weekends away from the chaos of the remodel that we were simultaneously doing to their primary residence in Pasadena. Great Deals on your next California Vacation … So they added gravel, tiled the entryways, and filled it with olive trees and vintage European pots for a cool Mediterranean feel. But when they couldn't find the right table, Rhein had one custom-made so it would fit the aesthetic and spatial needs of this room. For Mela 4, we’re returning to the warm welcome of California. "These barstools were inexpensive and just what we were looking for," she says. Choose from 30 Luxury & Budget Homes and Condos. We filled in with vintage tables and stools and Moroccan pom-pom throws from our store for crisp nights around the fire. If you’re a woman in transition who’s yearning to find renewed joy, purpose and passion, gain more clarity, confidence and power, and come away with a plan to embrace your fabulous new life, then join Helen Hodgson & special guest Kali Sundari. Her "modernized vintage" aesthetic fit in perfectly with the client's brief with a focus on sophistication and comfort. Ojai Retreat & Inn is located 5 minutes from downtown Ojai, 20 minutes from Ventura and the Pacific Ocean, 50 minutes from Santa Barbara and 1 ½ hours from LAX. That meant lots of wood in the "hue of the indigenous trees" with white furniture to create a clean foundation. Ojai Tourism Ojai Hotels According to Rhein, the house is constantly filled with guests, so the den, which is nestled at the back of the house, provides a "hideaway" for those wanting to enjoy a drink or a great movie on the back patio. … It's why so many Angelenos seek out this spiritual space as a weekend escape from the bustling city. "We wanted that to be the focal point of the room," she says. They eliminated the upper cabinets, added open shelving, and installed a backsplash of concrete tile behind the stove. In this private mentoring retreat … Ojai Retreat & Inn is a five acre secluded/wooded hilltop property with a variety of lawns and patios, walkways and spectacular views of the Ojai Valley on all sides. While there are several grand rooms throughout the house, Rhein turned the corners into decorative nooks for those quiet, reflective moments when the family could take a breather and read a book or enjoy the scenic views. It sits right in the center of the home and even opens out to the pool. June 2019 Ojai Retreat. "I designed the dining room to blend between the open kitchen and living room," she details. ", When selecting colors, Rhein wanted to match the natural aesthetic of Ojai. The overall zen-like aesthetic runs through each room in the house. Take a Look Inside Robert Redford's $7M Wine Country Home in St. Helena. I believe we are all connected to a lineage of Sacred Feminine power; a power told in the ancient mythologies and stories of the goddesses. This amazing newly constructed 6 bedroom cabin boasts nearly 5,000 Sq. It is impossible to not feel completely relaxed when you walk through the doors.". Looking back, Ojai was for many decades, a place for people to come, to live, and be able to hide out. Lastly, we explored the power and possibility of Menopause. See more ideas about Ojai, Henna tattoo designs, Henna patterns. Crafting the perfect kitchen wasn't about spending a lot of money. The Los Angeles Times placed Ojai Retreat … Yes, this is heaven on earth. Any way to make it calm and soothing was the ultimate goal so that every visit is magical.". The magical Ojai Valley, just ninety miles northeast of Los Angeles, has always attracted seekers, healers and artists. In 2014 Helen created Transformational Goddess Retreats – A retreat to “bring you back home to yourself”. Copyright © 2020  Creating a retreat-like home was a key part of the brief for Deborah Rhein, an interior designer and the founder of D.L. "I am always, I mean, always, on the hunt for the next great find and curious to make a house a home that fits the personalities of the residents.