Copyright © 2020 Vikalinka on the Brunch Pro Theme, Mediterranean Salad with Hummus and Fried Halloumi. I could go though about 1 cup of it a day and it would be no hardship … Whisk hummus, olive oil, parsley, cilantro, water, vinegar, and garlic together in a small bowl. Some days we eat it as is, some days we add grilled chicken or steak, but to be honest with you the meat is really NOT necessary. Gently toss the salad with salad tongs until it's coated with the dressing. Well hello, I am so happy you stumbled upon my blog. Simply walking by the seafood department at the grocery store was enough to send me into a frenzied tantrum. I’m back for another meal prep idea and this time it’s Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad with Hummus! Follow along as I share simple, tasty recipes and practical tips for maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle! 7 years ago | 310 views. Julia founded Vikalinka in 2012 with the main mission to provide her readers with delicious and accessible everyday recipes, which could be enjoyed by everyone. Pour the already prepared Greek Salad dressing over the salad, add the feta cheese and toss gently to combine. Pinterest: @bytesizedRD, Filed Under: Entrees, Lunch, Meal Prep, Recipes, Sandwich Tagged With: budget-friendly, gluten free, lunch, meal prep, sandwich, tuna, I'm Kara, a Registered Dietitian, whole food enthusiast and self-proclaimed nut butter addict. Required fields are marked *. We started eating this salad when we went on a low carb diet a couple of years ago. Creamy roasted red pepper hummus replaces mayo for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional tuna salad. Okay, okay, that may be a bit dramatic. Creamy roasted red pepper hummus replaces mayo for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional tuna salad. It smells of butter! Note: This salad can be made without using any leafy greens. This post and … Step 2 Combine cucumber, … Serve with additional sauce of choice (optional) – we prefer our 3-Ingredient Tahini Sauce! Drain and refrigerate until cool to the touch, about 15 minutes. You might not think to use hummus as a pasta sauce, but the creamy dip makes the perfect backdrop to the bold flavors of this healthy Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad. I am Julia Frey, a London based recipe developer and photographer, and Vikalinka is my space to share my food with the world. A restaurant style yet Homemade Mediterranean Hummus recipe. Add more salt if needed. You can make your own as I did here or buy it in the supermarket. And yet, here we are.. day 3 of eating this tuna salad and still going strong. The craziest thing is how much the texture changes after it’s been fried! In this particular version of “our favourite Mediterranean salad” I added chargrilled artichokes that I bought in the deli section of my supermarket and thinly sliced purple radishes for extra crunch and colour. Frying also bring out halloumi’s beautiful scent. Meanwhile, Mediterranean staples like kalamata olives, red pepper, and feta cheese pack some additional flavor, texture, and volume into this light, yet filling, sandwich. it’s hummus. Start with about one cup of rice per bowl, add 1/4 cup hummus, then just go ahead and divide the rest of your ingredients among the four bowls. To my surprise, it was.. okay. Your email address will not be published. **, Leftover Turkey Pot Pie with Stuffing Topping, Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup (Dairy-Free), Sheet Pan Beer-Battered Baked Fish and Chips. We found that adding hummus made it especially delicious and more satisfying, so it stuck! Have the hummus already made: If you have to make this bowl and make the hummus, it might seem a little overwhelming and/or time consuming. They’ll keep in the fridge for about four days. Check out Kristina's raw Mediterranean salad with hummus recipe. But, there was always one thing that I could never bring myself to try.. canned tuna. We also add some fresh lemon juice, chili garlic sauce, and pita on the side (also optional). Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a032ca5b65f1a277a514a37dacad265f" );document.getElementById("i6aa4553d9").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Julia Frey is a London based recipe developer and photographer. That flavour combination felt like a solid Mediterranean salad dressing. The Best Hummus Salad Recipes on Yummly | Hummus Salad, Hummus 1, ... Mediterranean Chicken Salad Tyson. ), ** Click here to pin this recipe for later! Let it cool. Not too many choices since takeaway was no longer an option. So I figured it was as good a time as any to share this 1-Bowl Hummus Pasta Salad that’s packed with Mediterranean flavors and a no-mix hummus “dressing”. Whether you’re a longtime tuna fanatic or a stubborn skeptic like me, you need to give this Mediterranean Hummus Tuna Salad Sandwich a try. Switch up your midday routine with this fresh and flavorful Mediterranean Hummus Tuna Salad Sandwich! No thanks. Deep down, I wanted to like it – really, I did. This Mediterranean salad is our go-to salad when we want something lighter for dinner but still with heaps of flavour! A quick, easy, and affordable lunch that is perfect for bringing to work or school! Ingredients to make the hummus bowl Chickpeas: Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein and make the base for the hummus. Either options works! Served with whole-wheat pita and prepared hummus, it makes a filling, yet healthy lunch.