Labels: nissan qashqai warning lights 2018. GAP Insurance; RAC Warranty; Forum ; Nissan QashQai Forums. In this situation, reduce vehicle speed and get checked by a Nissan workshop. The automatic transmission check (AT check) light will come on to inform the driver that the automatic transmission oil temperature is too high. NISSAN QASHQAI DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHTS. When this happens the DPF warning light will illuminate on the dashboard along with a message in the vehicle information display. Hello Martin, If the light remains on, this informs the driver that the passenger air bag has been deactivated. When the ignition is switched to the ON position in the Nissan Qashqai, the anti-lock braking system (ABS) light will come on. I have a Nissan QQ 1.6 Tekna 2017 plate.Two weeks ago apeared a start- stop system fault message on the board, got to the destination, after starting the car the second time the fault disapeared, but an amber engine light came up. Might be worth getting the battery tested. If symbol comes on whilst driving, this indicates a problem with the ABS. Hi Dave, Typically, green (sometimes blue) dashboard lights mean that a device is on or is running, and a visual cue is provided by the display. Red lights typically represent urgency and can potentially cause damage to your Nissan if the fault isn’t rectified. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. This handy guide lists the most common dashboard lights our mechanics are asked about. Have one of your dashboard warning lights turn on in your Nissan can be frustrating, but if you aren’t sure what the dashboard light means or what it’s trying to tell you, it … It has just been serviced and MOT 2 weeks ago and this is the first time the red light is showing. Symbol will illuminate when ignition is switched to ON and go out shortly after ignition to operate normally. Everything worked for 2 weeks, today again in the morning when i started the engine start- stop system fault. If the light does not go out you will need to take the vehicle to your dealer or authorized repair facility. In some cases, this can signify a safety issue or mechanical warning where damage may be caused to the vehicle with continual use. More often than not, it is possible to clean the ABS sensor due to a defective ABS sensor that may often be full of dirt from the lane, but the odds are that the cleaning will not last long and will need to be replaced shortly after that. Thanks. Red warning lights need immediate action. I have the same problem the manual doesn’t help, Just bought mine Peter and it’s gone from yellow to red.nothing in the Manuel about it .trip to Nissan me thinks. Vehicle will need to be repaired as continued use of vehicle could lead to poor driveability, reduced fuel economy and possible damage to the engine control system, which may affect the warranty coverage. The Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) air bag light illuminates when ignition is switched to ON and turn off after approximately 7 second. You’ll need diagnostics hooked up to read any fault codes generated. Warning light can apply to parking and foot brake. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. If you have car warning lights, car warning symbols such as engine management light, ABS light, airbag light this guide will help you. There are various reasons for this malfunction. When symbol illuminates, the vehicle must be driven a certain way to begin regeneration. Is your Nissan a Diesel? The warning lights on your Nissan Qashqai dashboard are usually the first sign that something’s not right. Normally, while driving a vehicle, when a sign shows up on a dashboard, 55 percent of car drivers do not know the meaning of symbols except for everyday routine symbols such as indicators, handbrake, steering wheel, they do not know the other symbols that often show up at the moment of problem or attention required. what do you recon this is about and how can I get rid of it? If malfunction lamp illuminates in orange, this can signify a regeneration of the diesel particulate filter, where Nissan is required to perform the service. This does appear to be a common fault with the Nissan Qashqai. Low engine oil levels are a separate issue where a ‘Oil Level Low’ message will appear in the dashboard message centre. Skip to content. For the foot brake, light can come on if there is insufficient brake fluid in the reservoir. Immediate attention is often required for the Nissan Qashqai if the symbol is red and particularly if it is flashing. If it doesn’t, it will need sorting at a workshop.