Is direct to consumer branding the way to go when it comes to candles? Instead of throwing out your glass candle tumblers—which can take years to break down—hold on to them to house a new Siblings candle. Today let's chat about a new to me candle company called Otherland. In the spirit of … Previously the art buyer for Ralph Lauren's stores and restaurants, Otherland founder Abigail Cook Stone has always known the importance that visuals play in our lives. These collections were from past collections that are no longer available. as well as other partner offers and accept our. These are avant-garde statement pieces." Otherland seems to think so, and they feel that cutting out the middleman can help pass the savings on to the consumer while giving a more personalized experience along the way. For comparisons sake, traditional luxury candles such as Diptyque work out to around $10 an ounce, while more mass produced budget candles like Yankee Candle work out to around $2.40 for a similar size. Isn't that market saturated enough? Otherland Candles Review Roundup + Overview. There are a lot of candle companies out there, so it's hard to figure out which ones are worth the $$$, but luckily my nose and I did the hard work for you. If you’re maybe, kinda, a little bit in love, try Otherland Rattan Candle. How Can There Be A $5000 Ring In A Candle? Otherland Otherland is a new candle company making some of the most beautifully packaged and fragranced candles we've seen in a while. Below you can find an excellent video by Youtuber ‘Drew Yauch‘ in which he shares his two cents on each of the candles from this collection. In fact, I was heavily debating including this scent instead of Cardamom Milk in our best candles for fall 2020 list(ideally I would have included them both). We want to be as open and transparent with our readers as possible. Below I’ve listed some other reviews on the brand that you may want to check out! I love the scent and how cleanly it burns, and the jar is a gorgeous Miami … ; You can customize the match box that comes with candles … Let us know in the comments below! Otherland, one of the crop of new candle makers who don't believe you need to spend over $100 to get a high-quality candle, has released its new spring/summer collection. The scent includes notes of fig, ivy, and fresh greens. These collections are usually seasonal and mix things up a bit, with more experimental scents for a particular season or theme. In addition to their base offerings, Otherland cycles through its seasonal collections — and they never disappoint. But generally, the 3 most important aspects people look for are: the smell (including how well it throws), the look (packaging and jar), and the burn quality. Burning candles is certainly one of our favorite meditative pastimes (especially after everything 2020 has thrown our way). It’s really good! The presentation experience when you shop from the "gift" page includes the option of custom gold foil messaging on a set of matches and is what really sets these candles apart. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. The scent includes notes of plum brandy, worn leather, and dried fruit. October 10, 2020 October 10, 2020. Alpine violet, iris woods, midnight jasmine. By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Business Insider Join us as we test and share some of our favorite candle finds! The scent includes notes of crystal ginger, bergamot zest, and spiced yuzu. Subscriber We operate independently from our advertising sales team. The scent includes notes of palo santo, crimson incense, and cypress bark. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. This scent includes notes of frothy milk, cardamom, and praline woods. Abigail earned her MBA and hatched the idea for Otherland, which brings the energy of art, design, and fragrance to every moment a… That person receives $10 off their next order, while you get 10% off your order! In this post we are going to cover their candles a little more in depth including all the scents from their core collection as well as their seasonal lineups. Aside from this core collection are the limited edition collections. Happy Sunday! Check out all the scents Otherland has to offer below, Manor House Weekend Collection: Crisp Cornflower, $36, Manor House Weekend Collection: Cardamom Milk, $36, Manor House Weekend Collection: Mountain Lace, $36, Manor House Weekend Collection: Dappled Wood, $36, Manor House Weekend Collection: Sun Suede, $36, Manor House Weekend Collection: Tapestry, $36. You can find it on the Otherland website here. A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. We welcome your feedback. Well, yes, but hear us out — because we wouldn't be writing this article if we didn't think this particular company was doing something special. Sign up for Insider Reviews' weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals. Previous offerings were inspired by the beach and candles included notes like sea salt, cucumber, and even tennis balls; and the 90s with candles that smelled of florals mixed with citrus and musk that reminded us of blue jeans, glossy lips, and pastels galore. Smells like: sandalwood, amber Feels like: the elephant in the room. Have you given them a try? We just want to leave an additional reminder for everyone to please remember to not leave any candles unattended or burning in areas of the house with drafts. What are your thoughts on Otherland? The scent includes notes of alpine violet, iris woods, and night-blooming jasmine. Does the world really need another fancy candle brand? One idea that Otherland has nailed is their way of setting up your candles to buy for gifting. The ginger and sugar notes in Ruby balance the grassy notes and bring nice undertones of sugary spiciness. It’s tennis-inspired, and smelled like lawn courts and tennis balls. They are based out of NYC and they are a woman owned company. We strive to provide the most unbiased opinions as possible and go over what we like and dislike about every product we feature on the blog with regards to ratings we provide. This collection was first released back in 2018. First up is Rattan. ‘Philly Candle Man‘ does a nice overview of the lineup from 2018 in this video below. The creativity in the presentation of these candles is really no surprise if you know a bit about it’s founder: Abigail Cook Stone. Sign up for a daily selection of our best stories — based on your reading preferences. Value: These candles work out to around $4.50 an ounce putting them in a mid-luxury price range. This scent includes notes of burnt maple, smoky oud, and vetiver. The scent includes notes of sandalwood, golden amber, and musk. While it can be somewhat annoying not smelling a candle before buying it, the convenience of shopping from home with free shipping and free returns, in my opinion, makes up for it. Hi, I'm Andrea, the current owner and Candle Lover in Chief here at Candlefind. We are able to manage our website’s upkeep costs and support our time that goes into reviewing and producing content through affiliate commissions on the purchases through our links. Dreamlight | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland. Within the “Gift” section of the Otherland website, they guide you through a 4 step process that allows you to choose the number of candles you’d like to add, the scents, the matchbox – which can be tailored to the occasion, and finally the message which the receiver of the gift will be presented with upon opening the box. The scent includes notes of balsam fir, musk, and winter spice. Some fragrances could come back however, so keep an eye out here as we will keep this list updated with what is currently available. Carefree 90’s was a new collection which came out in January 2020. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. This question has many different answers depending on the person you ask. Fifteen years from now, you’ll tell them about that raffish, floppy … Sweet myrrh, white mahogany, smoked birch. Siblings candles are sustainable, made with candle wax that is all-natural (a coconut blend), and packaging that is plant-based and 60% compostable. Hi friends! If you are not comfortable having an open flame inside your house but still want to enjoy candles, we recommend you check out wax melts with warmers or candle warmer lamps. The third candle … The soy and coconut wax base burns for 55 hours (a definite selling point if you ask me), and the candles can be bought in custom three packs ($89) or individually ($36). We all love candles but we must always remember the danger that comes with an open flame, especially indoors. This one smells like freshly washed jeans, mimosa flowers, and tangy white musk. While Kindling is a scent from the Core Collection, there is no better time to burn it than right now. The scent includes notes of white mahogany, sweet myrrh, and smoked birch. A selection of candles is also available online at Sephora and in its brick-and-mortar stores — the first direct-to-consumer candle startup to be sold at the beauty mega-retailer. We are a collective of friends who all share a common love for candles. "Otherland candles are not objects that emit a soft scent sit in the background. We’re revisiting my impulse shopping issue today with a bit of an odd purchase for me. We’ll also share some reviews from the candle community and hopefully, by the end of the post, you’ll be an expert on the brand . Daybed was the second candle that I had a chance to smell and I loved it so much that I included it on our best spring candles list from earlier in the year. Otherland recently created a custom candle for The Wing, with an of-the-moment terrazzo print on the packaging, and we take that as a solid co-sign that this candle is worth knowing. Crimson incense, palo santo, cypress bark. Bright pops of color, be it from a seasonal collection's all-over color theme or the base collection's logo design, immediately grip you. Beach Club is a summer collection which was first released back in 2018. The brand encourages less waste through reusable vessels. Learn how your comment data is processed. otherland candle trio review: rattan, canopy, kindling 10 July 2018 2 Comments. When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Yes, she was literally paid for having an eye for things that look beautiful. She took that invaluable knowledge and experience, and transferred it into this brand. I bought the Otherland summer “Matchpoint” candle. This scent includes notes of elderflower fizz, anjou pear, and apple blossom. For being only 5 candles, it has quite a range of scents that all go in their own directions, with something within for everyone. Otherland is an up-and-coming startup lauded for its curation of beautifully packaged and fragranced candles. I love luxury candles … If you're a fan of fresh yet subtle fruity scents, then Jo … We obtain most of the products we review through purchases made with our own money but we also sometimes receive complimentary samples that we will then give our opinions on. However, they do give you the option of buying 3 candles together for $89 (a savings of just over 17%) compared to the $108 these would come to separately. This pretty pink candle because it's basically like filling your apartment with a million little rose petals. The scent includes notes of rosebud, peonies, and florals. I hope that paints an alright picture for you. Crystal ginger, bergamot zest, spiced yuzu. Very unique scent combos in this one. Matchpoint | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, Here is a review for Matchpoint from ‘Philly Candle Man‘, Freshwater Pearl | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, Stone Fruit | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, The Gilded collection has been available a few times and with a different lineup between the different periods. 2 If you like herbal scents It has been an annual collection that has released with the same lineup 3 years running. Welcome to the Candle Junkies Blog! "Fact: Otherland’s meticulously crafted candles smell as beautiful as they look.” While we’ll never hate on classic scents, a hunt for a unique sensorial experience led us to discover Otherland.The brand’s candles … They are made from a coconut and soy wax blend and are hand-poured into a 3.25 inch glass. What is it that makes a candle great? … Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Candle. Overall Otherland Candles Review - 4.5/5 Otherland candles have minimalist appeal as they are simple, beautiful to look at and burn for a long time. The candles included in this group have not changed since the inception of the brand and in the words of the company itself, are the essential home scents. And lucky enough for me, my all-time favorite candle brand, OTHERLAND, just dropped their new fall collection, inspired by … What makes it stand apart from all of the other candles … This week on Candle Chats we'll be reviewing Otherland's fall candles from the Manor House Weekend Collection. Otherland, a relatively new startup, is making some of the most beautifully packaged and scented candles we've seen in a long time, and at a super affordable price point ($36 each) when compared to some of the luxury brands like Diptyque and Byredo. Otherland Candles is a new-ish brand that leans heavily into creating an attractive, sleek presentation for their products that rival other big luxury brands while aiming to cut costs by selling directly to the consumer. “While the clean conversation as it pertains to household products and the beauty … We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The minimalist candle in Sunday Morning scent is a great way to refresh your home and your mind, all week long. It was an ode to the decade and arrived with 3 different fragrances to evoke nostalgia in the millennials who grew up in the time. They also come in a artfully-designed … That doesn’t really work here as the candles only come in single sizes. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The scent includes notes of champagne, saffron, and leather. Usually candles that come in various sizes give you more candle per dollar if you go for their larger sizes. If you see any glaring errors on a page within our blog please feel free to contact us and let us know. What makes it stand apart from all of the other candles that are on the … 99 … Obviously it’s quite a floral scent and it won’t convince those that aren’t into florals to change their minds, but this one is absolutely beautiful! KitchenGynti Scented Candles Gift Set - Lavender, Rose, Tea Tree and Peppermint, Candle Soy Wax for Stress Relief and Aromatherapy, Candles - 4 Pack 4.0 out of 5 stars 681 $14.99 $ 14 . Ruby Root | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, Purple Petals | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, Extra Hour | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland. It features notes of pear, bergamot, jasmine, gardenia and has a fresh scent. What makes it stand apart from all of the other candles that are on the market? This scent includes notes of sandalwood, toasted walnut, and sweet hay. For more on our policies please check out our disclaimer page. While they may be a bit more expensive than competing candle brands, the quality of Otherland candles … Last Post Update: November 9, 2020 – Added 2020 Holiday Collection. I have a sincere passion for candles, being mesmerized from the moment I saw my first flickering flame. There is such joy in the process of unwrapping, opening, smelling, and lighting them that we've bought multiple sets as gifts for just about every occasion. Otherland Candles has a core lineup of five different candles which are available for purchase all year round. Aside from the fact … Her previous job was to travel the world as an art buyer for Ralph Lauren. Chandelier is a great all-round scent. The 2020 lineup has just been released and it includes all of the previous Gilded scents! So with these candles from Otherland, there isn’t a whole lot of different ways to save money. Wild freesia, plush plumeria, juicy tangerine. Manor House Weekend Collection: Cardamom Milk, Sun Suede, Tapestry Review – Blue Skies For Me Please, Core Collection: Rattan, Canopy, Kindling Review – Bit Of The Same, Manor House: Dappled Wood, Crisp Cornflower, Mountain Lace Review – Thrifty Pineapple, A Reddit thread discussing Otherland Candles, Manor House: Cardamom Milk Review – Isabelle Vita NYC, 9 Scent Review: Rattan, Canopy, Kindling, Pearl, Sun Suede, Daybed, Fallen Fir, Black Velvet and Old Fashioned – ‘Kaila‘ on Youtube, video is below, Spring Awakening Collection Review – ‘Philly Candle Man‘ on Youtube, video is below. While this is a relatively small touch, it’s these little details that really make things like this memorable. This scent includes notes of salty saffron, pink peppercorn, and white suede. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. Stone created this line of colorful candles with that in mind, understanding that even the smallest things, when well-crafted and beautiful, can bring so much delight and energy into our space. This scent includes notes of corn silk, golden husk, and water lily. Strawberry gloss, hard candy, frosted rose. You can put this thing nearly anywhere and give your space a classy, fresh scent. Bluejean Baby | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland, Glosspop | $36 Currently Unavailable | Otherland. Abigail started out as an art buyer for Ralph Lauren, and after traveling the world in search of treasures to adorn the brand’s stores and restaurants, she decided it was time to launch her own new venture. For more candle safety tips read our post on safe practices. Disclaimer | About | Contact Us, The Complete Guide To The Otherland Candle Scents, Otherland Candle Buying Tips For Saving Money, Otherland Candle Customization, The Best Way To Gift, The Otherland Core Collection Review + Rundown, Otherland Manor House Weekend Collection Review + Rundown (Limited Edition), Otherland Beach Club Collection Review + Rundown (Limited Edition), Otherland Gilded Collection Review + Rundown (Limited Edition), Otherland Carefree 90’s Collection Review + Rundown (Limited Edition), Otherland Awakening Collection Review + Rundown (Limited Edition), Within the “Gift” section of the Otherland website. You can purchase syndication rights to this story here. This kind of goes hand in hand with their excellent packaging (see below) in that each candle is already presented in a way that is essentially like opening a gift in itself. This candle is an excellent fall and winter scent which is powerful and throws a smoky, woodsy fragrance. Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. For more candle safety tips read our post on safe practices and please be safe everyone! The added mint in Extra Hour gives another level of freshness and pop. And just as stunning as the packaging are the delicious fragrance combinations that are designed to transport you to "other lands.". Part of this curation of coziness, for me, relies heavily on the use of candles. Otherland Candles is a new-ish brand that leans heavily into creating an attractive, sleek presentation for their products that rival other big luxury brands while aiming to cut costs by selling … Another way to save an additional 10% is to use a referral link from someone. Otherland just released an entire collection of candles that'll take you back in time. Each candle is eight ounces and has a 55 hour burn time. © 2020 - All Rights Reserved. Elderflower fizz, anjou pear, apple blossom. What is it that makes a candle great? Salty saffron, pink peppercorn, white suede. since. The current collections are the Gilded Collection featuring rich, smoky, sweet scents not unlike a Narnian Christmas-tree forest; and the Manor House Weekend Collection inspired by cool weekends in the countryside and full of sweet and fresh fragrances like corn, hay, lilies, and burnt maple. Canopy smells like a combination of ozonic notes tossed with some damp greeneries, a hint of fruitiness, and a warm – creamy base. Youtuber ‘Tomasilienne‘ does a nice little unboxing video of this collection in the video below. So if you aren’t familiar Otherland is a female-owned candle company started by Abigail Cook Stone. Learn more. Here, the 20 best candle brands … Thank you. One of the most unique things about Otherland is that the candles are made from non-toxic formulations. As a side note, with most candle brands you will get better value if you go for the larger variations of candles within a brand. So this is the collection that is available year round. The grassy note is no longer polarizing and these notes all work really well together. Otherland Candles Review Roundup + Overview Last Post Update: November 9, 2020 – Added 2020 Holiday Collection What is it that makes a candle great? You can purchase syndication rights to this story here. This peachy-pastel candle is a blend of “strawberry gloss, hard candy and frosted rose,” which sounds like the olfactory equivalent of gummy bears dissolved into sweet tea, but we promise it … When you open an Otherland candle, you're met with something so meticulously designed you'd think a jeweler was presenting you with a rare gem. The scent includes notes of wood, clove, and smoke. This the first one that I had a chance to smell and it is still one of my absolute favorites. Account active Wax type: A soft coconut wax and soy wax blend, Burn Time: Approximately 55 hours with proper candle care (candle care tips). Email us at reviews@businessinsider.com. Our goal is to have the most accurate and up-to-date information as possible. You can use our referral link by clicking here (much appreciated btw!). This is a scent that you can have around the house that is gonna please anyone that has the pleasure to be around it.