Exercise One Correct any errors in parallel structure in the following sentences. Any time you are creating a list in writing, you will want to use a parallel sentence structure. Parallel words and phrases: 1. Christian loves books, movies, and listening to songs. F O R M T E X T 5 . Answers will vary, but you'll find sample responses below. 0000003168 00000 n Students must place commas in the right place in different sentences, correct comma placement and other punctuation errors, and rewrite sentences to include proper parallel structure. 0000153074 00000 n F O R M T E X T 2 . FCE (B2): KEY WORD TRANSFORMATIONS 1. 4. If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked. 0000007643 00000 n � Make each item in the list a prepositional phrase that modifies raced. F O R M T E X T 3 . 0000003409 00000 n CJ OJ QJ aJ ph p� j hG2m haw_ 5�B* Mike likes to listen to rock music and reading mystery novels. � Directions: In the sentences below, fix any errors that you find in parallel structure. b � � f � � 8 ` b � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � d� � gdG2m � gdG2m $d� � a$gdG2m gdG2m � � � � � Parallel structure is the repetition of a chosen grammatical form within a sentence. Whenever you make a list of items or actions in a sentence, using equal grammatical units is crucial. b. Parallel structure practice worksheet 1 parallel structure middle school worksheets teacher parallel structure worksheet teachers pay teachers parallel structure worksheets teaching resources tpt writing clear sentences worksheet 1 parallel Quiz Worksheet Parallel Structure In Writing Study. Y o u s h o u l d r e m e m b e r t h a t y o u a r e b l e s s e d , t h a t y o u a r e p r i v i l e g e d , a n d s u c c e s s f u l i f y o u h a v e l o v e . 0000153299 00000 n 0 Monica brewed espresso, steamed milk, and told jokes as she prepared Mike’s latte. To understand the concept of parallelism, imagine a train as a means of transportation from one place to another. Check your answers with the interactive version of the exercise. %%EOF T h e c r i s i s w a s a v e r t e d ; h e i s t a k i n g t h e d o g b a c k t o i t s o w n e r . Read the following example sentences and revise any that do not use parallel structure. answer. 0000002025 00000 n 1. Your writing will be clearer if the ideas within each sentence are written in a similar way. CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� (hG2m haw_ 5�B* Parallel Structure Exercises. Directions: Choose the option that maintains parallel structure in the sentence. For example (see below) if the rephrasing includes SO, the answer they are looking for is likely to include such. Sentence-level Parallel Structure (continued) Clauses A parallel structure that begins with clauses must continue using clauses. 0000008988 00000 n Answers may vary. Parallel Structure Sentence (parallel sequence/the same grammatical form): Cranes are nearly extinct, are protected by law, and are still shot by hunters. To learn how to write sentences with parallel structure. CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� j h�J4 h�i� 5�B* <]>> 2. I have written these as a part of the upcoming, expanded version of Word Order in English Sentences, to help further develop understanding of sentence structure. A. CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� UhG2m haw_ CJ OJ QJ aJ (hG2m haw_ 5�B* � 0000001228 00000 n a. CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� h�J4 h�i� CJ OJ QJ aJ � � � � � � � � " Not all sentences are incorrect. Parallel sentences are grammatically balanced, and this quiz/worksheet combo will help you test your understanding of the concept. CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� (h�J4 h�i� 5�B* This worksheet is one of many worksheets that covers clear sentences; when you complete this one, move on to the next. Parallel Structure. Like how train tracks of the same gauge make operations easier, a parallel structure allows us to understand the given message of a sentence with ease. " CJ OJ QJ UaJ ph p� � � � � z � � � � � � � � � � d� � gdG2m � � � haw_ haw_ CJ OJ QJ aJ , 1�h��/ ��=!��"��#��$��%� ������ t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1 t D ���� T e x t 1