Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. A great side dish for ham. Syrup will make it too sweet. Cheesy Pineapple Casserole, Scalloped Pineapple, sometimes just Pineapple Casserole, it is there in the dog-eared, worn pages of favorite cookbooks.” The casserole is typically made of canned pineapple chunks coated in sugar and flour, and then baked with a topping made of crumbled Ritz crackers, melted butter and often grated Cheddar cheese. I prefer Stevia in the Raw, but any similar product would be … 1 (20 oz.) Congrats! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. Grease a 1 quart baking dish. Pour pineapple mixture over bread cubes, tossing lightly until all cubes are covered. Cut the bread slices into cubes and fold the bread into the pineapple mixture. Info. F. for 45min. Instead of using the butter to dot the bread cubes I just buttered the bread before cutting into cubes. But you could also use potato bread, brioche, or Hawaiian bread. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Since so many commented on the sweetness, I cut the sugar in half. I toast my bread cubes ahead of time for that toasty flavor inside and I add a clove or 2 of garlic in the mixture. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This slow cooker casserole is a flavorful side dish that goes well with a baked ham dinner or roasted pork or chops. Cut the bread slices into cubes and fold the bread into the pineapple mixture. 5 slices white bread, cubed. Transfer to the casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar substitute until creamy. This dish is great to prepare early in the day and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it. Turn heat up to high and let mixture to come to a boil and thicken. It's SO easy, too. With just a 5-minute prep time and 30 minutes to bake, it’s the perfect last-minute side dish for the holidays! DIRECTIONS. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. ... Related recipe search Only 7 ingredients – crushed pineapple, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, nutmeg, butter, and bread cubes. In a medium pot over medium heat, whisk together water, sugar, 3 tbsp. Enjoy, this is excellent! 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter. Stir to combine. This was a great dish for a potluck! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Stir to combine. Stir to combine. is too long. And the sweetness of this baked pineapple dish will make you wonder if it is dessert or a side dish. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350°F. I used 1/4 pound of softened butter instead of the margarine and only used 1/2 c. sugar. Cream butter and sugar and ... beat very well. How To Make Pineapple Casserole: This pineapple casserole recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Grease a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Whether you call it scalloped pineapple, pineapple casserole or baked pineapple, let’s just agree that it is a delicious southern side dish that goes perfect with a ham dinner. Enjoy your shopping experience when you visit our supermarket. It turned out fine...not sweet at all. Check with toothpick or cake tester in center it should come out clean. pour into a well buttered baking or casserole dish. Cream butter and sugar together in mixing bowl. Ingredients 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple 1/3 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup sugar 2 eggs 2 egg whites 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 5 slices white bread, cubed © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. Made this as a side dish to "Marinated Pork Tenderloin" recipe also off this site, both EXCELLENT!! 1 c. sugar. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I plan on keeping this recipe but intend on trying others similar to compare and find my favorite. A wonderful side dish with garlic/onion pork tenderloin! Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. I changed a couple of things though. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cut the bread slices into cubes and fold the bread into the pineapple mixture. Transfer to the casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Tips to make a pineapple souffle: Use a whole grain bread to increase the fiber content. Once, dad made a salad of pineapple, cheese, Napa cabbage, and mayo for dinner. We could not detect either spice in the casserole. Add the beaten eggs then the crushed pineapple. The last ingredient is the bread. Pineapple Casserole is the perfect compliment to your holiday ham. Transfer to the casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. I follow the recipe exactly, and we love it. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Add bread cubes and pineapple.Put in well greased casserole dish and bake at 325°F for 1 hour. Cream butter and sugar and add eggs and beat very well. 6 oz. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. Stir to combine. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I made it for a potluck and received lots of compliments. Thanks. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Serve hot or cold. I read all 55 reviews before trying this dish for an Easter potluck and since only a couple were less than enthusiastic I thought this would be a keeper...WRONG. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Then mix up everything else and pour over bread and pineapple. Add bread cubes and pineapple. It's a surprisingly easy casserole and is a delicious accompaniment to baked ham, … Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. ... Gently fold in bread cubes. Enjoy your shopping experience when you visit our supermarket. It is so yummy it almost tastes like dessert itself! Instructions. Absolutly wonderful!!! Now it's more like dessert! Bake at 375 deg. Printable Recipe Card. The first strange thing about this recipe is that it calls for shredded cheddar cheese. You saved Baked Pineapple Casserole to your. baking dish. Break bread into small pieces. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. Stir in the beaten eggs. butter, bread, eggs, crushed pineapple in juice, pineapple chunks and 2 more Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole With Pecan Streusel Center of Nutrition Studies brown rice flour, salt, pineapple, ground ginger, cashew butter and 6 more Transfer the mixture to a 9x9 or 10x10-inch baking dish. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. Stir in the drained crushed pineapple and the salt, and then fold in the bread cubes. In a medium mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Transfer to the casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Add Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I used pineapple in its own juice, NOT the kind that has the sweetened syrup. 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice. This flavorful pineapple casserole is made with bread cubes, pineapple, a little sugar, and eggs. If you try this with Sandwich bread I expect it'd be a lot more runny/mushy. To butter/sugar mixture, add eggs and milk. Stir to combine. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. Add pineapple chunks and toss well to combine. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Excellent recipe. Sprinkle top with some brown sugar. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I also cut the butter in half. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 35–40 minutes or until set. Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe - The Suburban Soapbox 3.84 from 6 votes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Place bread in greased casserole.Pour pineapple mixture over ... degrees for 40 minutes. I took this to a potluck and everyone raved about this easy casserole. Keys - use pinapple in juice, NOT syrup. This recipe is a family favorite. The stuffing is a delicious fluffy side dish that goes well with ham, sausages, and pork. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Awesome recipe. Step 1. Step-by-Step . This recipe consists of crushed pineapple mixed with eggs, flour and sugar so that it’s almost like a custard or souffle when it bakes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. I just made this recipe and it turned out great. The combination of components surprised me. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X5 inch casserole dish. In a medium mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Regarding the pineapple casserole…this may sound strange when first you read it but once you taste it, you may enjoy. Delicious! I decided to experiment with pineapple. Cut the bread slices into cubes and fold the bread into the pineapple mixture. In a medium mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. F. for 45min. Same ingredients just slightly different method – put cubes of bread in casserole dish, add and mix drained pineapple. corn starch until thoroughly combined and you get all the lumps out. Stir in drained crushed pineapple and bread cubes. Add the drained pineapple to the egg mixture. Stir in pineapple and its juice and mix well. If you want to taste these, you will have to use more than a pinch. Transfer to the casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. In a medium mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Cut the remaining bread into small cubes about ½â€ x ½â€. Ideal for Easter! (Making Taco Bake and Spanish Rice for dinner tonight. It was easier that way and I didn't have to use as much butter. I also cube my bread, don't think that matters as much. Stir in cinnamon and … Mix in pineapple. It turned out well. Serve warm. Now that I’m back in the States, I thought I’d try it with the fresh pineapples in the supermarket. Mix well. Mine has never been soggy, and reheats really well. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Everyone loved it. Excellent with ham or turkey. Slowly pour the casserole mixture into the greased baking dish. Fold in bread. Put in a well buttered casserole dish. I will definitly make this again! This is a little different than the Pineapple Casserole recipes out there that use cheese. Cut the bread slices into cubes and fold the bread into the pineapple mixture. Add the beaten eggs then the crushed pineapple. After reading reviews I made adjustments, so I found it hard to give it the full 5 stars. WHAT KIND OF BREAD TO USE IN PINEAPPLE STUFFING. I made small cupcakes, big cakes, and granny pies. ... Add the bread cubes and stir until well coated. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Pour into baking dish, top with bread cubes and dot with butter. I followed the recipe but it was just kind of boring and I threw most of it away. It was amazing. You saved Pineapple Casserole I to your. I was complemented and even asked for the recipe. Many reviewers said it was too eggy for them. So I used three eggs and 1/4 cup of milk. I make this every year and family and friends just love it. The original recipe calls for white bread. See more ideas about Pineapple casserole, Food dishes, Cooking recipes.