The rind is developed beautifully and the flavour is exceptional, exhibiting the fruit, spice, blackberry, vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate and bacon flavours for which this cheese is known. Please see similar products such as Rogue Creamery Caveman Blue and Gorgonzola Cremificato Quantity 0.5 LB 1 LB 1.5 LB 2 LB 2.5 LB 3 LB 3.5 LB 4 LB 4.5 LB 5 LB 5.5 LB 6 LB 6.5 LB 7 LB 7.5 LB 8 LB 8.5 LB 9 LB 9.5 LB 10 LB You will also receive a link to a wine + cheese tasting with David Gremmels and winemaker Bill Steele of Cowhorn. $69.99 $ 69. A great place to pack a perfect picnic, Rogue Creamery also offers a carefully curated selection of deli items, crackers, fruit, beer, and wine, as well as local artisan jams, jellies and sauces. Limited Quantities Available Rated 4.57 out of 5 $ 75.00 – $ 235.00; Select options Quick View. Aromas are of earth, cellar, sherry and port. Rogue Creamery is known for their blue cheeses and their Rogue River Blue is a standout among their already exceptional lineup. Rogue River Blue. This cheese is approachable and fruity, with moderate “blue” flavor and a hint of sweet forest honey. blank; Cheese Shop; Dairy & Farm Stand; Cheese Festival; blank; Wholesale; Help; Recipes. Cheese Care FAQ ; Recipes; Visit. CENTRAL POINT — A popular Rogue Valley blue cheese nabbed quite the blue ribbon last week, dubbed the best cheese on the planet by judges at the 32nd annual World Cheese Awards in Italy. Can’t wait to start trying out some of these delicious recipes! I just don’t know where to start. His nickname, unsurprisingly, is Mr. Blue. Rated 5 out of 5. This lucious photo taken by Kristen Swiggert of Metropolitan Poultry. This post may contain affiliate links, but don’t worry – they won’t bite. The Cow & The Vine Holiday Collection $ 85.00; Select options Quick View. Wow! There’s something comforting and wonderful about the rustic feel of a real, honest-to-goodness (emphasis on the goodness!) steak tartare with Rogue River reserve blue cheese on crostini. The creamery created a wealth of jobs for the area, and soon came to focus almost exclusively on making blue cheese. I’m such a sucker for blue cheese anything. My daughter just gave me a piece of Rogue River blue cheese. You’ve got some wonderful recipes included here. Whole autumn milk of a single head is inoculated with Roqueforti, then the cheese is macerated in Clear Creek pear brandy and then covered in Shiraz vine leaves and then matured for 15 months. Curbside pickup available. A grape leaf-wrapped cow’s milk wheel from Oregon, this luscious blue is now the 2019 World Champion Cheese, the first time a U.S. cheese … cheese shop, and the Rogue Creamery is about as honest a cheese shop as they come. I would love to hear from others that have tried their Echo Mountain, Crater Lake, Flora Nelle (their only blue made w/ pasteurized cow's milk) or the new Blue Heaven Shaker (powdered blue cheese). Video Cooking & Recipes Restaurant Awards Cheese Encyclopedia Post of the Month ... Each week we tell you all about a cheese from around the world. Rogue Creamery's cheesemaking roots date back to the 1930s when Tom Vella, founder of the Vella Cheese Factory in Sonoma, California, opened a creamery in Southern Oregon in the middle of the depression. This Organic Blue Cheese from Rogue Creamery in Oregon was just named The Best Cheese in the World at the World Cheese Awards in Italy! Wrapped in Rogue Valley grape leaves that have been macerated in ClearCreek Pear Brandy, your senses are certainly blasted with a huge range of flavours. But next time you have the chance, try some with a bite of blue cheese. Home Shop. Shopping for your retail store or restaurant? PRO TIP: Not a fan of dry, tannin-rich red wines? Rogue River Blue was crowned the winner in the annual World Cheese Awards, marking the first time an American product has won the prestigious title. I love the point you made about dry, tannic red wines with bleu cheese… So true! Rogue River Blue has long been a prize winner.In 2003, it was awarded best blue cheese in the World Cheese Awards in London. You can get the best discount of up to 50% off. Select options Quick View. The Rogue Creamery sounds like a fantastic place to visit and sample some yummy cheesy goodness. Rogue River Blue has taken the top prize at the 2019 World Cheese Awards, marking the first time a US cheese has ever been named World Champion Cheese. Filter. The cheese is wrapped in pear soaked sryah leaves and aged until the flavor profiles reach perfect. Rogue River Blue is made at Rogue Creamery in Oregon, an award-winning producer whose masterful cheeses are famous around the world. Rogue Creamery’s iconic Rogue River Blue Cheese recently achieved a monumental first for the American specialty and farmstead cheese industry: it won the coveted title of World Champion Cheese at the 2019 World Cheese Awards in Bergamo, Italy.. Founded in 1933 at the height of the depression, Rogue Creamery began producing blue cheese in 1954. Cook, serve and share with Rogue Creamery Cheese! Department. Yum. Rogue River Blue has taken the top prize at the 2019 World Cheese Awards, marking the first time a US cheese has ever been named World Champion Cheese. Rogue River Blue Cheese is an organic, cave-aged blue that is wrapped in Syrah grape leaves that are soaked in pear spirits. Wrapped in Rogue Valley grape leaves that have been macerated in ClearCreek Pear Brandy, your senses are certainly blasted with a huge range of flavours. She was right. I've had the pleasure of sampling Rogue River Blue, Smokey Blue, Caveman Blue and Oregonzola. Pairs perfectly with Dry Reisling. Close. }, Rogue Creamery {+ 24 Delicious Blue Cheese Recipes}, At the Corner of Music & Chocolate {Lillie Belle Farms}. We received this wine as a gift around the holidays. This stop at the Southern Oregon Artisan Corridor is all about cheese... creamy, salty, savory, delicious, handcrafted, award-winning, internationally-acclaimed Rogue Creamery Blue Cheese. I've had the pleasure of sampling Rogue River Blue, Smokey Blue, Caveman Blue and Oregonzola. She was right. Cheese Care FAQ ; Recipes; Visit. This small creamery in Southern Oregon recently added to their many awards by winning a gold medal at the World Cheese Awards in London for their "Rogue River Blue" blue cheese. The rich flavors of blue with the smooth creaminess of a soft cheese. Rogue River Blue is a seasonal cheese made from milk gathered from the Fall Equinox till the Winter Solstice. What an awesome post about one of my FAVORITE foods! Sign up for the Top Pick Of The Week newsletter to have a top food review and a recipe e-mailed to you weekly. So before we go any farther, let’s take a moment to discuss what blue cheese is. Customer Review. Rogue River Blue. C’est ce qu’ont décidé les 235 membres d’un jury international, réunis dans le cadre du festival annuel du fromage (Forme) à Bergame en Italie. I like blue in quiche too. Roque River Blue is a raw milk blue cheese made by David Gremmels and Carey Bryant of Rogue Creamery and Will Studd. Not American cheese like that stuff that comes in slices wrapped in plastic. rogue creamery cheese shop coupons can offer you many choices to save money thanks to 17 active results. Viognier and Rogue River Blue wineandcheesefriday March 20, 2015 No Comments. Cheeses include: 1/8 wheel of World Champion Rogue River Blue (approx. World Champ T-Shirt $ 15.00; Select options Quick View. Cheddar Cheese. Enjoy! Rogue River blue cheese and caramelized onions on an Original Mini Croccantini. Oregon Blue $ 17.00 – $ 130.00; Add to cart Quick View. Touvelle Original Cheese. Choose small kitchen appliances, cooking utensils and decor that match your cooking and entertaining style. Rogue Gear. https://www.foodandwine.com/comfort-food/blue-cheese-recipes Cheese is made in every U.S. state, and several have such concentrated pockets of exemplary cheesemaking activity as to have given rise to cheese trails, or cheese maps, curated by dairy … Accompaniments . When aged, a salty mineral grittiness permeates the blue veins, deepening the taste. This cheese is currently unavailable on official site. It has a rich, creamy texture and a … Rated 4.57 out of 5 $ 75.00 – $ 235.00; Add to cart Quick View. Thekaspervote: Oct 30 #1: Just make sure you have really good crackers... dchill: Oct 30 #2: pasta. We received this wine as a gift around the holidays. {Plus a Ghost Story!}. Try a nice Oregon Rogue Valley Merlot or Syrah with Rogue River Smokey Blue (smoked over hazelnuts) or Rogue River Blue (wrapped in pear-brandy soaked grape leaves), hazelnuts, and a sliced pear. Would also like info on any of the many cheddars they produce? He helped create the recipe for this cheese back in the early 2000s, alongside the family that previously owned the place. International Food Writers & Travel Writers Assoc. 2.9 out of 5 stars 5. Tied with a raffia ribbon, it is Rogue’s seasonal gift to Blue cheese lovers, released on September 23, 2015 and available through the beginning of 2016. What a great article full of info on Blue Cheese! And they are… but they aren’t. In 2003, it was awarded best blue cheese in the World Cheese Awards in London. Your email address will not be published. Rogue River Smoked Blue Cheese with Recipe. This cheese, Rogue River Blue, is one that I’ve tried a handful of times and due to it’s seasonal nature, I figured we… Wine And Cheese Friday reviews of Wines, Cheeses and all things related. Thanks for including my Buffalo Chicken Salad. This high-quality milk is sourced from a nearby dairy farmer whose Brown Swiss and Holstein cows graze in 1250 foot elevation pastures bordering the Rogue River. All Appetizers & Snacks Blue Cheese Brunch & Breakfast Desserts Dinner. Their salad dressing recipe was published several years ago in the newspaper and is just plain good! Showing all 7 results. If you can find it in a speciality store give it a try. Pictured: Rogue River Blue reaches pungent perfection within a year of its fall release. From Oregon. Tannins literally bind to the cheese’s protein and fat, measurably softening the astringent qualities of the tannins, and making the entire tasting experience smoother in the process. Smokey Blue $ 8.00 – $ 140.00; Select options Quick View. He helped create the recipe for this cheese back in the early 2000s, alongside the family that previously owned the place. Home Individual Cheeses Blue Cheeses. culture: the word on cheese is America's first and best magazine devoted to the love of cheese. Grâce à son produit phare, le Rogue River Blue, la marque emblématique Rogue Creamery a remporté plus de 40 récompenses aux niveaux national et international, dont le titre « Meilleur fromage au monde » en 2019. Blending small town ambience with sophisticated taste, this 1850’s gold-rush town is booming with music, wine, and history. A review of The Rogue Creamery's award-winning Smokey Blue Oregon Blue Cheese. Take a drive on the Applegate Valley Wine Trail and experience the best of Southern Oregon wine country: stunning scenic beauty, small-town warmth, uncrowded tasting rooms, and artisan winemakers committed to their craft. The leaves are hand-selected from local organic and biodynamic Cowhorn Vineyard. Tom’s son, Me either. Last year was a particularly fine year for Rogue River Blue, as demonstrated by the fact that it was awarded the World Champion Cheese in last year's World Cheese Awards. (Privacy Policy.) This gorgeous creature is a wheel of Rogue River Blue from Oregon that I purchased for the holidays. The Rogue Creamery sounds like it’s right up my alley! When aged, a salty mineral grittiness permeates the blue veins, deepening the taste. Order today! Here's blue cheese recipes and pairings for Rogue River Blue. The staff at the shop is helpful and knowledgeable, and will be more than happy to help you with your selections.