• NEWS • OUR STORY • LOCAL FARMS • NEWSLETTER • CHEF ROY YAMAGUCHI. It opened in 2015 and is located in Koloa at the Kukuiula Shopping Center on the south shore of Kauai in Poipu Beach. Named after one of Hawaii’s first restaurants, the Eating House is an homage to the casual mid-nineteenth century restaurants that … The Eating House 1849 Kauai is the latest brainchild of Hawai‘i’s own celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi. As you can see at my… Come and take a stroll through the streets of Japan as the Eating House team at the Shops at Kukui‘ula take you on a culinary adventure “yatai” style. This trip, the husband had the braised short ribs and I had the whole fried snapper. roy's kaanapali Eating House 1849 From the culinary pioneer of Hawaiian Fusion, James Beard Award winning chef Roy Yamaguchi, a new concept restaurant called Eating House 1849, was opened just two miles down the road from our hotel in Kauai! Such a change from other Kauai restaurants. Eating House 1849 at The Shops at Kukui‘ula . Restaurants near Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, Koloa on Tripadvisor: Find traveller reviews and candid photos of dining near Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi in Koloa, Hawaii. Eating House 1849: It Is A Creation of Roy Yamaguchi of Roy's Fame? 1126 reviews of Eating House 1849 Koloa "Can I do 6 stars? NEWSLETTER. The Eating House 1849 pays homage to Hawaii’s vibrant culinary heritage, a nod to restaurateurs like Peter Fernandez who, the story goes, opened one of the first restaurants in Hawaii, called the Eating House, back in the mid-1800s, using what was available from local farmers, ranchers, foragers and fishermen. Roy Yamaguchi, the James Beard Award-winning chef and founder of Roy's, the chain dedicated to Pacific Rim fusion cuisine, has opened his newest restaurant, the Eating House 1849 on Kauai island, at the Shops at Kukui’ula, as of Monday, March 9. Everything you need to know about Eating House 1849, from our travel experts. For Gift Card purchase, please call (808) 396-7697. 2K likes. Eating House 1849 is creatively different from the Roy’s chain of restaurants you may be familiar with that are located around the U.S., Guam and Japan. Eating House 1849 is a new restaurant by Chef Roy Yamaguchi with locations at The Shops at Kukui'ula, Kapolei Commons, and the International Market Place. Eating House 1849 is a new restaurant by Chef Roy Yamaguchi with locations at The Shops at Kukui'ula, Kapolei Commons, and the International Market Place. Search for other American Restaurants in Koloa on … Eating House 1849 by Roy … Restaurants near Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, Koloa on Tripadvisor: Find traveler reviews and candid photos of dining near Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi in Koloa, Hawaii. JO2 or 1849. But Eating House will mainly showcase new flavors, ingredients and dishes inspired by Portuguese, Filipino and Spanish influences. Roy's Blackened Island Ahi* at Eating House 1849 Koloa "On our last day on this island we made a reservation in this restaurant. Yokoso! Paying homage to the Hawai‘i of yesteryear, this high-end yet casual restaurant takes the clean, iconic flavors of the islands and blends them with modern techniques to produce cutting edge haute cuisine. Culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi joins a line-up of Hawaii’s top chefs including Peter Merriman and Jean-Marie Josselin at The Shops at Kukuiula. Mahalo! Menu for Eating House 1849 Koloa: Reviews and photos of 1849 Spicy Ramen Bowl, Crispy Fried Cauliflower & Brussel Sprouts, Kaneshiro Farms Pork & Shrimp Potstickers This brand new restaurant in Poipu is the brain child of the owner of Roy's so you know its going to be special. If you are seeking a career opportunity at Roy’s, please visit the location you wish to apply with your resume in hand. See more ideas about Eating house, Yamaguchi, Koloa. Eating House is a must when we visit Kauai. - See 1,118 traveler reviews, 376 candid photos, and great deals for Koloa, HI, at Tripadvisor. I love Eating House even more than Roy's. I even loved the bathroom! The location is also sunset viewing but not as good as Beach House, but we had a waterview. Reserve a table at Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, Koloa on Tripadvisor: See 1,121 unbiased reviews of Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #13 of 45 restaurants in Koloa. Last Name . Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi: No Roys - See 1,119 traveller reviews, 376 candid photos, and great deals for Koloa, HI, at Tripadvisor. The menu reflects the products of local farmers, ranchers and fishermen and combines them with a touch of modern preparation. The Eating House will be open 7 days a week, Monday to Sunday from 5pm to 10pm. Set to open this Saturday at Kukuiula on Kauai’s south shore, Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi will serve signature dishes made famous at the 30 Roy’s restaurants, like the misoyaki butterfish. There’s a new restaurant on Kauai in Poipu. Welcome! Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi: Roy's Reborn - See 1,118 traveller reviews, 376 candid photos, and great deals for Koloa, HI, at Tripadvisor. During the whole trip I was very excited for this dinner as the reviews were very good! Established in 2015. Subscribe to our mailing list * indicates required. Acclaimed chef and James Beard Award winner Roy Yamaguchi opens The Eating House 1849 at The Shops at Kukui"ula. Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, Koloa: See 1,121 unbiased reviews of Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #13 of 45 restaurants in Koloa. maui. Email Address * First Name . roy's waikiki. I'm a fan of chef Roy Yamaguchi and have eaten at his Honolulu and San Diego restaurants. roy's ko olina . Eating House. What a treat for a wahine who likes nothing more than to eat gourmet local style! We would love to hear from you! Jan 30, 2017 - Locations: KOLOA | KAPOLEI | WAIKIKI www.eatinghouse1849.com. The Mongolian chicken lumpia appetizer with Hawaiian chili sweet and sour ($14) was "ono" in every bite. The Eating House 1849 pays homage to Hawaii’s vibrant culinary heritage, a nod to restaurateurs like Peter Fernandez who, the story goes, opened one of the first restaurants in Hawaii, called the Eating House, back in the mid-1800s, using what was available from local farmers, ranchers, foragers and fishermen. Now that is just sick! 2K likes. His was delicious, as braised short ribs almost always are, but mine was dramatic and so, so, delicious. Roy’s The Eating House 1849’s Chinese dumplings, with the Roy’ touch . Eating House 1849 is the latest Kauai restaurant of chef and restaurateur Roy Yamaguchi. COVID update: Eating House 1849 Koloa has updated their hours, takeout & delivery options. choose a location . Its name is a nod to Peter Fernandez, a Portuguese man, who is said to have opened the first restaurant in Honolulu around 1849, called Eating House, popular among Oahu plantation workers. From the moment you walk you are greeted with friendly hostesses and a stunningly beautiful decor. Daniel and I had a bet going which of the butterfish entrees was better. roy's hawaii kai. Eating House 1849. oahu. events. Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi: Favorite restaurant in Poipu - See 1,119 traveler reviews, 376 candid photos, and great deals for Koloa, HI, at Tripadvisor. Eating House 1849, Koloa This plantation-style restaurant from celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi is inspired by the original farm-to-table cuisine of ancestral Hawaii. Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi: Good Food - See 1,121 traveler reviews, 376 candid photos, and great deals for Koloa, HI, at Tripadvisor. Eating House 1849 pays homage to Hawaii's vibrant culinary heritage, a nod to restaurateurs like Peter Fernandez who, the story goes, opened one of the first restaurants in Hawaii, called the Eating House, back in the… For reservations, please contact the restaurant directly. James Beard Award-winning Chef Roy Yamaguchi will bring Hawaii Regional cuisine with a historic flair to his new restaurant, The Eating House 1849, opening Monday on Kauai. The addition of Eating House 1849 will add to the list of The Shops at Kukuiula’s award-winning restaurants: Merriman’s Fish House… The Eating House 1849 is located at The Shops at Kukui’ula (2829 Ala Kalanikaumaka Road, Poipu, HI 96756). Eating House 1849. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Eating House 1849 by Roy Yamaguchi at 2829 Ala Kalani Kaumaka St, Koloa, HI 96756. Which location would you like to subscribe to? Named after one of the first restaurants constructed in HawaI'I, by a Portuguese businessman named Peter Fernandez, Eating house plays homage to the popular casual eateries of the mid 19th century that incorporated a medley of flavors from the Island's growing and diverse … I was in Kauai and found Eating House 1849. FIRE AND RICE KOLOA Saturday, September 22, 2018 6-9 P.M.