The more affected leaves have curled upwards. Sage plants require warm temperatures and ample sunlight in order to produce a high essential oil content in the leaves. It has purple, white, or pink flowers and oblong, gray-green leaves that are covered with a fine fuzz. I adore my sage plant. It should be planted in full sun, although some afternoon shade is tolerated. Can be ravaged by Mexican giant whitefly. Starting Sage. It started last week after rain: Some leaves of my sage (the ordinary, culinary kind) looked a bit crumpled. Plant 8-10 seeds per 6-inch pot and cover lightly with soil. Transfer when the seedlings are several inches tall. Thin out seedlings so that you have one sturdy plant per pot. If it's the entire plant, or a great deal of the plant, it's likely that it's getting too much water. Part of the mint family, sage grows into a bushy plant up to two-feet tall and two-feet wide. In the early stages, it looks like dusty white spots on the upper surface of the leaves. Be sure to give plants about a week to harden off. Sage does best when grown in full sun and watered once a week, fairly deeply. It is a fungal disease. I think the plant had plenty of water. Today lots of leaves are dark brown at the edges and/or tips. If your sage is an adult shrub, it can withstand -30 degrees winter temperatures, if properly covered. If your sage plant is established, but still young, you have a little more leeway with the temperature—keep it about 55 degrees to 85 degrees. Their tips are completely dry and break when touched. Keep soil moist. Powdery mildew on garden sage appears as the temperatures increase in late spring. Sage leaves yellow if the plant is being kept too wet and plants that are getting splashed with water on a frequent basis are likely to develop leaf-spot fungus. Blooms from late spring or summer through fall (all year in the Tropical South); 4- to 12 inches stems bear 2 inches flowers that emerge from 1 inches calyxes of same color. I see what you mean with curled up leaves with your pics in your post up there, but the curling on my leaves is much more pronouced... it's litteraly doing spirals... anyway, I moved a plant in my room were it gets more humidity, and I starting to aclimate one to the outside to see what she thinks of it... thanks for the help.. Basic requirements Sage is a grows best in a well draining, rich, clay loams with a pH between 6.5 and 7.0. Sage (Salvia officinalis)—also known as Common Sage, Culinary Sage and Garden Sage—is a perennial evergreen shrub found widely in the Mediterranean regions of the world.It belongs to the genus Salvia, which consists of over 900 varieties of shrubs, annuals and herbaceous perennials.This plant is used for its medicinal value and essential oil and also as a flavoring and seasoning ingredient. Since I repotted with the humus and manure last night the leaves have straightened out a bit but I think both the sage and rosemary suffered a little transplant shock from me … Sage can also be grown from softwood cutting. Consider lighting if you find no sign of the flat, oval insects, which can measure from a … As it develops, entire leaves will be coated with the fungus and it leads to leaf drop and deformed new growth. Not curling up, but curling in a downward spiral with the bottom on the inside. That’s the way I grow sage. The leaves are wilting and curling and turning crispy brown. Plants vary in size from compact 1 feet dwarfs to 3- to 4 feet kinds. Leaves are bright green, heart shaped, 24 inches long. It goes through wilting stages but I just cut off a bunch of branches and it seems to thrive all over again. Culinary sage or Salvia officinalis is a perennial herb that is native to the Mediterranean. Both mealybugs and excessive light cause houseplant leaves to curl. Mealybugs also cause yellow or white spots on the foliage and a sticky substance on the plant or nearby furniture. Could it be too much water causing this?