For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan; gradually add sugar and cream. Make the streusel topping: Mix together flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 … The little cake bakes in about 30 minutes and is perfect for enjoying with your morning coffee… View Recipe: Walnut Coffee Cake Inside this classic cake is a sweet streak of brown sugar and warm cinnamon with the nutty crunch of walnuts. If you only want to make one, halve the recipe. Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. When testing the cake for doneness, make sure the streusel is not scraping off wet batter from your toothpick or cake tester, making the cake look done while still under-baked. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Congrats! Or you can go simple with chocolate ganache. You can microwave the softened butter for just a couple seconds, long enough to further soften, but not melt it. I have lots of cookbooks from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, and nearly all of them contain at least one version of coffee cake. This recipe was perfect! Results have been very play-doughy texture in the mouth,even after having the amount of batter in the small cake tin .I une the small tin (only have one & twist I’d bought 2 at the time & now can’t find tvat samedi size ). https://www.food.com/recipe/easy-streusel-coffee-cake-109899 PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS. This is a super simple cake batter, and it actually relies on you mixing everything together at once, which I know feels weird. But instead of melting the butter for the topping, I cubed it and it came out great. Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. A keeper for me! This coffee cake is wonderful, the cake itself it moist and delicious while the topping is slightly crunchy and sweeter. These mini cakes are made in a 6 inch cake pan--perfect for celebrating date night, anniversaries and small wedding cakes! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I have a sweet tooth and didn't care fot it. peach coffee cake. The recipe is easy to follow. For an even more decadent treat, make this delicious glaze to drizzle over the cooled cake: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 3 teaspoons milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl; and stir until smooth. I'm glad I read all these reviews first! The cake is so melty and delicious. Oct 20, 2019 - Explore Lucy Vanvolkinburg's board "8X8 Cake Recipe" on Pinterest. I also mixed the melted butter in with the topping mixture and sprinkled it all on top and then took a knife and dragged it through the batter (already in the pan) so that some of the topping would sink below. I slightly prefer the texture of the cake made with some shortening, but the all-butter pound cake … Drizzle top with melted butter. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I say: keep the recipe the way it is. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Small cake recipes from scratch. Originally coffee cakes came from the Viennese kaffekuchen and were made with yeast, but today most American coffee cakes are similar to quick bread.Coffee cakes are usually made with baking powder or baking soda rather than yeast, require no time to let the dough rise, and bake in under an hour. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture. It's just the right amount. Looking for more small cake flavors? YUM!!! An old-fashioned Bundt cake is the perfect sweet treat for fall—tasty, comforting and just like grandma used to make! Beat 1 cup butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. It was a tad too heavy and sweet w/ changes. Sour Cream Coffee Cake. It’s perfect for a baby shower, a coffee date with some girlfriends, or just a random morning in the week! Cut in the shortening with a … As you can see from the photos, there’s more than one way to decorate chocolate cake for two. I made a few small changes based on what other reviewers said - increased the white sugar to 1/2 cup used 6 tbsp unsalted butter instead of shortening added 1/2 cup buttermilk to the batter increased vanilla to 1 tsp. This recipe is a mish-mosh of several vintage coffee cake recipes I’ve made over the years. This cake is so amazing!! The cake turned out delicious(not dry at all) and very tasty--my kids and hubby loved it. I have tried vegan chocolate cakes , a carrot cake , & a French recipe for a frangipane-chocolate pear cake . This is something if you're having people over at the last minute and you need something in a hurry to serve with tea or coffee. square baking pan. 268 calories; protein 3.5g 7% DV; carbohydrates 38.5g 12% DV; fat 11.4g 18% DV; cholesterol 28.8mg 10% DV; sodium 225mg 9% DV. 2 : Mix all the other ingredients in basin and pour over the melted butter. This recipe is a mish-mosh of several vintage coffee cake recipes I’ve made over the years. Baking doesn’t have to be complicated. Servings (Hover or Click to Change Yield): measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method*, measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method. To make one day ahead: just bake, cool completely, and cover pan tightly in in aluminum foil. Simple to make and packed full of flavour. Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 7x5-inch baking dish. I found this to be a little on the dry side. How to Make Small-Batch Coffee Cake. https://www.food.com/recipe/quick-sour-cream-coffee-cake-198440 Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas. Sweet, delicious coffee cake recipes, with a rich crumble topping, taste great as a morning treat or an afternoon snack. This put me in the mood to nest and give my family something freshed baked sweet and warm. Add sour cream and mix well. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. This recipe calls for shortening, but you can replace it with 1/4 cup of butter (for 1/2 cup of butter total) if you don’t keep shortening on hand. I’ve been baking for 20 years and this is the best coffee cake I’ve ever eaten. To the topping I added chopped pecans 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and increased the cinnamon to 3/4 tsp. It reminds me of Drake's coffee cakes for some reason. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. With our easy recipes you can wow friends and family with these tasty baked treats. 1 : Melt the butter. I did, however, make a few changes as suggested by others. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This homemade version of the classic is a far cry from any of those overly-sweet, fake-tasting store bought versions you may be used to. Showing 1-18 of 75. Add the dissolved coffee to the mixture, still folding. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Florence’s Coffee Cake. Today’s coffee cake is an easy-to-follow recipe. In a medium bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. See this link for the complete recipe. https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/coffee-and-walnut-cake https://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/coffee-cake-recipes This cake is best on the first day, but will keep for up to 48 hours. Fold in cranberries. Next time I will make it the right way and I'm sure it will be scrumptious! The topping is just perfect. Next time I would definitely double the topping. Easy Coffee Cake - A delicious all-in-one coffee sponge topped with smooth coffee buttercream. Find easy to make recipes and browse photos, reviews, tips and more. For the cake: Beat 1/2 cup butter or margarine in large bowl until creamy; add 1 cup white sugar, … In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla. The kids have yet another school day. I would also suggest adding more spices..mine didn't seem to have a lot of flavor. Combine milk and butter; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. You saved Quick Coffee Cake to your. Pour half the batter into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 1/8 teaspoon salt ▢ Thanks for the recipe--I will definately be using this one again. Coffee cake is on my list of favs for sure, and you’ve probably noticed that the amount of crumb cake recipes on Dough-Eyed is a little bit out of control. March 24, 2020 by Beth Pierce 6 Comments. I put apples under the crumble topping and made another one and omitted the crumble topping and put about 1/2 cup raspberry jam(about 10 minutes before it came out of oven) and drizzled a little icing on top of both cakes after they were baked. This was the BEST Coffee cake I've ever made. Set aside. Freshly whipped cream for the frosting is so perfect. I topped half of the cake with the suggested topping and the other half I added shredded coconut and pecans to the topping, YUMMMMM!! Very moist, PERFECT! Curl up with a cup of coffee and a slab of one of these heirloom cakes … There’s two parts to this recipe, as you might have guessed- the cake, and the crumb topping. Add half of the flour mixture and stir until just mixed. Let’s face it, this coffee cake … Melt the butter in a bowl and stir in the light brown sugar and cinnamon until smooth. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. I … In a small bowl, whisk together brown and granulated sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. It’s buttery, moist, soft, and pairs well with a morning cup of coffee. 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (75g) all-purpose flour measured by weight or using the spoon and sweep method ▢ This homemade version of the classic is a far cry from any of those overly-sweet, fake-tasting store bought versions you may be used to. I took the advice of another and added 2/3 cups sugar to the batter and a little extra brown sugar to the topping (about 3 tbls) and WOW was it delicious, so quick, easy YUMMY! The recipe is easy to follow. this post may contain affiliate links. please see my full disclosure policy for details. It didn't last very long around my house and i'm already wanting to make it again! I tried this recipe after reading all the reviews and decided to add 2/3 cup sugar. The idea to take a coffee cake … Chop the walnuts to the size of small peas to ensure they are evenly distributed in the cake. Measure all the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and coffee essence into … To make the icing, beat the butter until pale, then gradually beat in the icing sugar, followed by the … The frosting is also flavored with coffee or espresso, and a little cream cheese makes it especially smooth and delicious. How To Decorate A Small Chocolate Cake. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Spread into a greased 9-in. We're having a blizzard in MA. Combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Gradually beat in … Tasteful theme by Restored 316. Serve over warm coffee cake. Small Lemon Pound Cake Recipe Notes. I baked at 425 for about 25 minutes. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mini_coffee_and_walnut_12591 When cool enough to handle, turn the … I really liked how it came out, I'm posting a picture in the photo section, so you can see. Create your own coffee cake recipe: The possibilities are endless! Easy Coffee Cake - A delicious all-in-one coffee sponge topped with smooth coffee buttercream. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well-combined. On a positive note I was able to whip this up in time for an unexpected guest to have a peice. If you are making this in a cold kitchen during the winter, your room-temperature butter might be a little too cold to cream easily. Husband is off today and and I work from home. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir carefully until just blended. The pecans and coconut were absolutely delightful! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. And her coffee cake is simple and delicious. *Correct flour measurement is important in this recipe. Add. 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon baking powder ▢ Sweet, delicious coffee cake recipes, with a rich crumble topping, taste great as a morning treat or an afternoon snack.