Love those stuffed okras Nisha. Add remaining masalas on the top and cover with the lid. Powder it coarsely and use that podi/powder as required to give a nice flavor to the curry. One such not so widely known spice mix of the Tambrahms is this kari podi (it has nothing to with curry powder, just a homophone) I can never imagine my pantry without this in stock. And for the spice lovers, you can increase the chilli and it can be paired well with dishes similar to kadhi and morkuzhambu. Lovely clicks Nisha!! Okra can be used to prepare Sambar, Kootu, Podi Kari, Stir Fry. It also spans other exotic vegetarian dishes from around the globe. the fried okras sounds very tasty and spicy. Posted by anu viji at 06:49. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63 here. சனி, 3 அக்டோபர் 2020. 3 years ago | 66 views. Home » Main Course » Indian Vegetables - Poriyal » Lady’s Finger Fry | Stuffed Vendakkai Okra. We add u rad da and coconut to our version. Tip. Love these darker background images. Bhindi or Vendakkai fry is a recipe in which the vegetable is slit into four and stuffed with some spice powder. If it is not tender and is tough, it become rubbery and difficult to chew when fried. An excellent spicy stuffed bhindi fry recipe, best as side dish for rice/roti. Adjust the chillies as per your spice level. Do try it and let us know! For this recipe, one has to have small and tender okra. Preferably a cast iron pan. I love to try fry recipes with stuffed vegetables.Usually i made Stuffed brinjals like this.But its purely of South Indian style.So i was looking for a typical North Indian style stuffed vegetable fry recipe.This morning I came across Bharwan( meaning stuffed in English) bhindi i.e stuffed Okra masala fry in my favorite Vahrehvah Vahchef’s youtube video. Cover with a lid and cook. Learn how your comment data is processed. Playing next. Notes: My mom in law adds a tsp or 2 tsps of curd instead of water for binding the flour. Thengai Poriyal - South Indian veggies with coconut and lentils. Fry till it get crispy on both sides. Ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious. This dish is one of the best ways to eat vendakkai / Okra. Heat oil in a pan then place stuffed okra let it cook for 2 min then sprinkle small amount of water then cover lid & cook till soft. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed Kadai | Pan over medium low heat. August 28, 2014 By Aarthi 12 Comments. Oct 12, 2017 - Recipes from south India, North India and around the world. Stuffed Okra / Bhindi Fry Posted by Desi Mejwani at Friday, December 12, 2014 - 0 comments Okra known in many languages as Ladies’ Fingers, Vendakkai, Bhendi, Bhindi, Bendakaya or Gumbo. Even if you add it in the end it might not mix properly. Your email address will not be published. Those stuffed okras are calling me, wat a super lighting Nisha, damn delicious dish. Print Email Stuffed okra fry / Bhindi fry / Vendakkai varuval Recipe. Cool and grind it to a fine powder. Recipes may be used and adapted, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Magic Saucepan with appropriate link to the original content. Ingredients: Serves 3 to 4. Follow. Roast the dhaniya, channa dahl and red chillies in a pan. Add 1 tsp oil,okra and fry it for about 8-10 mins until stickiness reduces.Transfer to the plate. It is so all-purpose, that you will be using it in most of the recipes. Keep turning it in between and cook until it becomes tender. Home » Recipes » Stuffed okra fry / Bhindi fry / Vendakkai varuval Pin It. If you are not adding enough water to bind the flour to the ladies finger, the fries will come out so white and wont turn golden while frying and it spoils the oil(the flour). 4.Serve hot along with rice. Then trim the head and slit in between making it into half. Add salt to the mix. Its not gooey and slimy and its a perfect balance of crispiness and softness. The recipe looks wonderful. The stuffed and fried okras look absolutely delicious.. Lovely setup Nisha..looks so excellent with that moody atmosphere....and I love stuffed okras.. We look forward to hearing from you! Mobvidz. First do not add water and then add salt only at the end. Share. You can also add the spice mix on top if there is any remaining. share this. I have used this as a stuffing in Vendaikkai. Browse more videos. It should be slightly salty and spicy so that you don't have to add it in the end. Reply. Ladies finger/ Okra stuffed with peanuts, besan flour and other spices. But for lady's finger you should not. 2 thoughts on “ Stuffed & Fried Okra (Ladies Finger) / Stuffed Vendakkai Fry ” Megala says: October 3, 2017 at 3:40 pm I just love these stuffed okra ! Do not forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter! https://www.kamalascorner.com/poriyal/ladies-finger-vendaikai-stuffed.html Lovely pictures and love the lighting in the pictures. Learn how to make Stuffed Capsicum/Bell Pepper Pakoda or Pakora ~ Deep fried bell pepper rings stuffed with spiced potato mash and coated with spicy gram flour paste Subscribe to get a monthly digest of our posts. Look for step by step recipes, varieties of chutneys, rice, gravies and kids delights. Once the oil is hot put the okra and make sure it is not over crowded. It is so all-purpose, that you will be using it in most of the recipes. About Us. This is the star ingredient of my today's recipe. Superb pics.. Love to know your setting.. Amazing recipe too. There are some spice mixes that can be universal. Your email address will not be published. That's a brilliant idea , making this podi and substituting , okra looks fantastic and the clicks are awesome ...as always Nisha. When they begin to splutter add the dals, red chili and … Vendakkai Poriyal is a simple and tasty recipe that goes well with South-Indian delicacies. Thanks for the recipe !! Please refer above for preventing slime. Lovely clicks. No goey vendakkai, Perfect textured okra fry. Stuffed okra looks scrumptious!! loved the lighting in the pics. It is usually served as a side dish to chappathi along with curd / yogurt. And, if any spice mix calls for channa dahl, dhaniya and red chilli, I immediately substitute this. Also the okra will reduce in quantity when you fry it. Stuffed okra fry / Bhindi fry / Vendakkai varuval Written by: 7aumsuvai. Blend with care and cook on both sides. Lady’s Finger Fry | Stuffed Vendakkai Okra. Stuffed Okra / Bhindi Fry Okra known in many languages as Ladies’ Fingers, Vendakkai, Bhendi, Bhindi, Bendakaya or Gumbo. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner is strictly prohibited. I am wondering how the stuffing has not come out while deep frying.. https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/stuffed-brinjal-fry-gutti-vankaya-fry Vendakkai Poriyal is a great side dish for lunch. Whenever I see okra, the first thing that comes to my mind is it's link with exams If you are a South Indian, you would … Feb 2, 2017 - Recipes from south India, North India and around the world. Guthi Bendakaya Koora is very similar to Gutti Vankaya Koora, both Andhra special recipes. Also you can use this as to amend the regular sambhar or any tamarind based gravy if the sourness is more. Recently I watched Programme in You Tube called “ Paarambariya Maruthuvam”, Also add salt a little bit more. Copyright © 2020 The Magic Saucepan on the Seasoned Pro Theme, There are some spice mixes that can be universal. I usually shallow fry them in a non stick pan, Crispy medhu vadai using double frying method, Baked rotini with roasted red bell pepper sauce, Spinach and paneer ravioli with tomato sauce, Samai arisi sakkarai pongal / Little millet sweet pongal, Thinai maavu laddu / foxtail millet laddu, Venthayakeerai paruppu urundai mor kuzhambu, Arachuvitta nattu kozhi kuzhambu (without coconut), Ennai kathirikkai kuzhambu without coconut, Poondu kuzhambu with coconut / Garlic kuzhambu, Chicken dum biryani with homemade biryani masala, Pudalangai poriyal / Snake gourd stir fry, Eggless chocolate cupcake with chocolate cream frosting. However, Photos from The Magic Saucepan site cannot be used in anyway. You can use, capsicum, egg plant, onion,Snake gourd & bitter gourd for stuffing; Stuffed vendakkai Required fields are marked *. This is one recipe which i made recently and instantly fell in love with it..Normally we make poriyal, avial, thoran, kichadi and even sambar out of the ladysfinger. It gives even more crispier fries. The stuffing in there looks so tempting. Add oil to a hot pan and add cumin, mustard. I love okra in all its forms, especially the stuffed ones. Okra is also called as bhindi, vendakkai and ladysfinger. Excellent clicks:). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Tasty Vendakkai fry using microwave oven / baked. Lady's Finger / Vendakkai / Okra stuffed with a spicy kari podi. This is a simple South Indian preparation where the Vendakkai is roasted with onions on a low flame until its brown, nutty and caramelized. Love that second picture and okra recipe sounds yummm.. Love the set up and the clicks Nisha! The main drawback of … Report. My hubby loves ladies finger, even If I cook It daily he will be happy. Do stuff one by one and keep the stuffed bhindis aside for 10 to 15 mins. STUFFED VENDAKKAI MASALA Ingredients Vendakkai(Okra)-400 gms Chilli Powder-2 tsp Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp Garlic-5(Crushed) Coconut(grated)-1 small cup ... 3.Heat oil in the pan,then shallow fry the stuffed vendakai in the oil till it gets cooked. Variations – Fry 2 tsp of channa dal (kadalai paruppu), 2 tsp of coriander seeds (malli) and 4 dry red chillies in 1/2 tsp of oil until dal turns golden brown. Stuffed & Fried Okra (Ladies Finger) / Stuffed Vendakkai Fry October 2, 2017 October 2, 2017 by nithyabalaji , posted in South Indian Hello! Here is one more delicious dish – Pan fried Stuffed Bhindi (Okra).Though it is little time consuming to prepare, everyone at home will enjoy it. Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe / Vendakkai Fry Recipe / Crispy Lady Finger Fry Recipe. Wash and pat dry the Okra with a towel. So keep that in mind while preparation. தகவ‌ல் தொ‌ழி‌ல்நு‌ட்ப‌ம் கொரோனா வைரஸ்; செய்திகள். Look for step by step recipes, varieties of chutneys, rice, gravies and kids delights. If you want to get a crispy vendakkai roast there are two things to follow. Check out my Tangy Mango Rice served with this Ladies Finger Fry (Vendakkai Fry) and appalam.. We have all heard our parents asking us to eat ladies finger to improve our mathematical skills.And sometimes we are even forced to eat it regardless of if we like it or not. That one is a flavor podi. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. The magic saucepan is a visual fete featuring on the most authentic, traditional vegetarian food from the Indian subcontinent. 2:34. sathyajp says: October 5, 2017 at 2:22 pm Thank you so much Megala! Then stuff the spice mix in between and press it tight so that it holds. The clicks are awesome and love the set up..Such an interesting okra fry.. Omg such a amazing set up and love the lightening.Okra looks delicious . If the size is uniform and small, it cooks evenly and faster. It is usually served as a side dish to chappathi along with curd / yogurt. It gets generously used in most of the stir fries (kari) and in araichuvitta sambhar. © Nisha Ramesh and The Magic Saucepan, 2017. Ladies finger/ Okra stuffed with peanuts, besan flour and other spices. Usually bhindi is said to be added in day to day menu … It goes best as side dish for both rice and rotis. Wow, those stuffed okra look amazing. The World’s Largest Dish – Whole Camel Stuffed with Sheep Stuffed with Chicken Stuffed with Fish. I remember being repulsed by a number of ladies finger dishes just because of how we were forced to it. Stuffed Vendakkai. This, Lady's Finger Fry | Stuffed Vendakkai Okra. For me more than cooking ladies finger pre work is the one which demands a lot of time – Washing and patting well with a dry cloth or dry in a paper towel for a longtime. I too love the light and shadesee in your pictures. Then share your experience (and photo) with us on Facebook or Instagram or email us or leave a comment below. Heat oil in a kadai and place the stuffed bhindis one by one. Then cut off heat serve hot with rice. Okra is known as Bhindi in Hindi and as Vendakkai in Tamil. This is an everyday stir-fry. Vendakkai fry recipe : Clean and rinse the okra well in water.Cut the front and back part of okra and discard it.Then cut okra into small pieces as shown. Although I have had stuffed okra fry many a times, I never thought of giving it a try at home until very recently.