After eating Malai Kofta, my husband said I will never gonna order this at the restaurant again. Malai Kofta is a main course preparation which includes soft dumplings served in a creamy and delicious gravy. Ingredients. Season with salt. So if you add them before and serve them later, they will break. Make medium sized balls and fry the paneer koftas in medium hot oil till golden. 11. There are many variations of the Malai kofta Recipe. Turn off the fire and sprinkle the garam masala all over the top of the dish. Malai Kofta Recipe is one of the very popular India vegetarian recipes. Full of flavours and taste. 03/11/2020. Sweet Potato Malai Kofta. 6: remove extra oil from the same pan and keep about 1 or 1.5 tbsp oil. The recipe below will make 6 to 7 paneer kofta with a curry for 3 to 4 people. Soyfree. 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, peas, sweet corn; boiled), 3 cups vegetable (or canola or sunflower cooking oil for frying, or more as needed), 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola or sunflower cooking oil), 1 teaspoon poppy seeds (lightly roasted and ground into a powder), 3 tablespoons nuts (cashews and almonds, ground into a thick paste). Malai kofta, an Indian recipe is a vegetarian alternative for meat balls in gravy. 200 gms cottage cheese/Paneer. It tastes way better than the restaurant and also you won't regret it after making it. You can also add sugar if you want a light sweet taste in the curry. Malai Kofta is a rich dish. It is rich in taste and the creamy gravy is poured over the hot fried paneer balls. Lastly, add the fried paneer kofta. 1: take all the ingredients mentioned under “For making paneer kofta” except oil in a bowl. Finally made these today, using home made chenna, and keeping in mind your tip about it! Super delicious Malai kofta recipe can be served with Rotis, parathas, etc. 4: heat oil for shallow or deep frying. If you … The Malai Kofta are typical dishes of North Indian cuisine, among the most popular and sought after vegetarian dishes in India. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration. Also add red chili powder and ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder. This kofta recipe is served in a gravy made with ginger and garlic paste, roasted cardamom and dry chilies which gives it a beautiful aroma. It needs no introduction. For instagram mention. Make this dough into balls and put a 1/2 teaspoon of the nut and raisin mix in the center of each ball. Add the whole spices and fry them till they release their aroma in the oil. In India, they are typically vegetarian for malai kofta, made with potatoes and paneer cheese. It can easily be served for dinner or lunch accompanied with tandoori roti, naan or rice. Let me tell you that Malai kofta is a heavy meal. Malai kofta is best served with roti or paratha or naan or roomali roti. Add the poppy seeds powder and nut paste and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes. My mouth is watering just writing the description What goes with Malai Kofta? 12 koftas. Malai kofta is a popular cottage cheese dish. Can I use home.made chenna (by curdling milk) instead of grated paneer? Transfer malai sauce to a blender and blend on low until smooth. Take onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and water in a saucepan and turn the heat on medium. Facebook If serving later, you can just prepare the gravy and add kofta while … To make this dish even more delicious, replace regular refined oil … You can pair up with naan or roti. For the malai kofta: Add the vegetable oil and sugar to a skillet over low heat. Malai Kofta Recipe. This is one of the best malai paneer kofta you can make at home. Instead of almond flour, you can also use 1 tablespoon milk powder OR 1 tablespoon khoya (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids). This vegan malai kofta … so even 1 to 2 paneer kofta would be enough per serving. Pinterest. Malai Kofta Recipe – Malai Kofta is one of THE most popular Vegetarian Indian Curry. See more ideas about Kofta, Malai kofta, Indian food recipes. All our content & photos are copyright protected. 9. By Gian Manik . Malai kofta gravy is usually smooth, creamy and slightly thick. Traditionally the Kofta’s are made from paneer cheese, but I substituted this for roasted sweet potato spiced with coriander and turmeric. 1/2 tsp garam masala. Mix well. Malai is paneer in my recipe. Glutenfree option. Add the tomato puree and saute for 2-3 minutes. Bring the gravy to a boil and then reduce the fire to a simmer. I don’t have.. Ooops.. your name got misspelt in my comment due to auto correct! It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. Deep frying is not complicated at all, but it does require a lot more babysitting. Cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. YouTube Thank you so much for yet another amazing and fail proof recipe! These paneer kofta are really soft. The velvety texture of the koftas along with the smoothness of the gravy is irresistible. Notes: Serve the Kofta Gravy immediately after … Same rich and flavorful Indian spiced sauce but half the work. Great and thanks for letting me know and taking the time to respond back. Whenever there is a special occasion at home, make this special Malai Kofta Recipe, you and everyone will love it. In a small bowl, combine the chopped nuts and raisins. Also, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram and subscribe us by email so you don't miss any of our new recipes. For the garnish you can use cream if you prefer. So if you add them before and serve them later, they will break. If serving later, you can just prepare the gravy and add kofta while serving. Mix and shape into koftas. The paneer and potatoes would both get mashed up in the process of mixing. I have already shared only making the Aloo paneer ka kofta as a snack just a few days back. Even steamed basmati rice or jeera rice goes well with it. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp (2 tsp) olive oil. This is the most popular version of paneer called malai kofta. You can add 1 to 2 tablespoons of corn flour. Nevertheless, if you are a spicy, dhammakedhar, fun – taste lover then I have got a recipe right in my […] Add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, and cloves. 8. Sound like … Twitter Facebook. Transfer the malai sauce to a blender and blend on low until smooth. I share vegetarian recipes from India & around the World. Since I was serving immediately, I added them to the gravy. This 12. Simmer for 1-2 minutes more. The star highlight of the dish, as you must have guessed by now, is malai (or cream). The resulting dough should be firm. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. But its name is the creamy Malai kofta and the scrumptious cooking style is very popular in North India. Takes approx 11-12 minutes on a low flame. Grandma’s Flavors Recipes Ingredients. Add 1 1/2 inches of oil to a saucepan and heat to 350 degrees. You know, fresh cream and all those CREAM thingies, when they pop up out of nowhere in your mind like ice-cream, cake . Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. It is rich in taste and the creamy gravy is poured over the hot fried paneer balls. Malai Kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. This main course preparation goes well with rice varieties, chapattis, and parathas. Hi, I am Dassana. Made of paneer and potato balls dunked in delicious gravy or can be served as kababs. Thanks for the feedback on the recipes and most welcome. List of 797 best recipes, including Vegan Zucchini Kofta, Vegan Sweet Potato Malai Kofta, Malai Kofta Recipe (indian Veggie Dumplings in Curry Sauce), Kofta Burger with Brie & Swiss, Grilled Lamb Kofta (meatballs) with Scarlet Quinoa Tomato Cucumber Salad, Artichoke 'kofta' in a Creamy Tomato Makhan Mar 11, 2015 - Explore Rafia Ahmed's board "Malai kofta" on Pinterest. I have not used cream in this recipe. … or 1 tablespoon milk powder or 1 tablespoon khoya (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids), or about 2 medium to large onions, pureed, or 12 to 15 cashews soaked in warm water for 30 minutes and then blended to a smooth paste, - made in to a fine paste in a mortar-pestle, oil for shallow or deep frying the koftas, 2 to 3 single strands of mace or a light pinch of mace powder, Mix all the ingredients mentioned under ". The literal translation of malai kofta would be buttery spiced balls. 15: garnish malai kofta with coriander leaves and Serve the Malai kofta with rotis, naan or jeera rice or saffron rice or chapatis. Twitter. Yield. In this malai kofta recipe can I use maida in place of corn flour. Add 1 cup of warm water (the sauce for this dish is meant to be thick so do not add too much water) to this masala to form a gravy. Cook and stir until even. Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. If it breaks, then add some more binding agent like corn flour (corn starch). Hi Amit Dassana Sign up for my FREE Beginners Guide to Delicious Indian Cooking. The combination of the kofta with the curry taste awesome. Remove extra oil from the same pan and keep about 1 or 1.5 tbsp oil. Usually they are made up of mashed potatoes, mix vegetables or paneer. Malai is basically clotted cream and Kofta is somewhat a dumpling with a wide variety of filling options. Malai kofta is one dish she prefers a lot for the creamy texture of the gravy and also for the subtle flavors. Malai Kofta who doesn't like it. You can stuff them with dry fruits as shown in this Aloo paneer ka kofta recipe. Hi. Heat a pan with oil or butter. Fry the onion paste till it gets browned. Lastly, add the fried paneer kofta. Yes, you can fry the recipe. Malai simply means cream. Malai kofta is a hugely popular dish on Indian restaurant menus all over the world. then add ginger-garlic paste or crushed ginger-garlic. Malai (meaning creamy in Hindi) kofta is the perfect vegetarian alternative to meatballs. In the recipe shown in this post, the koftas are not stuffed with dry fruits. Malai kofta is an ultimate option for functions and family get-together. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love and takes time and effort. in this recipe the curry or gravy is made from ground cashew paste, onion paste and tomato puree. But just make sure the moisture or whey from chenna is well drained or else the kofta can break due to more moisture – then you may need to add some more cornflour to bind the mixture. If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Also.. thank you for all the lovely recipes, each one I have tried has been fail proof ! If you have made the recipe and liked it then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. Ingredients To make Kofta Potatos- 2 (Boiled and Mashed) Vegetables (Carrots, Beans, Cauliflower, green peas, sweet corn etc) - 1 1/2 cup (Cooked) If serving malai kofta later, you can just prepare the gravy and add kofta while serving. Enjoy! Food writer Petrina Verma Sarkar is a native of India with extensive knowledge of the country's regional cuisines. Malai Kofta is typically made with “malai” which means heavy cream and and koftas, which are deep fried vegetarian “meatballs.” For this recipe, I use the cream from a can of refrigerated coconut milk. Made with paneer or cottage cheese, it is rich in protein and calcium. Posted on September 9, 2019 September 10, 2019 by CookingLovers. In this recipe, we make easy swaps for all non-vegan ingredients using potatoes and chickpeas as a base for the “meatballs” or “vegan kofta”. Malai kofta is one such dish that we inadvertently end up ordering at a North-Indian restaurant. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url. While serving, garnish with some cream, grated paneer and coriander leaves. Malai Kofta gravy is super tasty and has a mild sweetness which is loved by the kids. They are crisp as well as melt in the mouth. Please, let me know in the comments below! Simmer till the gravy begins to thicken. The crispy outer layer, soft and creamy inner layer and tomato and onion based spicy gravy is a marriage made in heaven. The soft dumpling mixture holds its round shape really well and you have a crispy outside and soft, melt in your mouth interior. In a large pot, heat the oil kept aside to fry the koftas, on a medium flame. You can also use soaked almonds instead of cashews or both soaked almonds and cashews. Traditionally the Kofta’s are made from paneer cheese, but I substituted this for roasted sweet potato spiced with coriander and turmeric. Divide the malai sauce between plates and top with sautéed spinach and potato kofta. Malai Kofta goes really well with Nan, Tandoori rotis, pulav or Jeera Rice. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for some seconds till the raw aroma of the paste goes away. In a small food processor, place the fried onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, and red chili powder, and grind into a paste. Potato and paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet gravy. Towards the end add crushed kasuri methi leaves and salt. Picture crispy potato and chickpea dumplings in a creamy, spiced Indian gravy that will make your tastebuds sing! Likewise add all the kofta balls mix gently and then switch off then flame, Add in the remaining cream to the gravy and garnish with Coriander leaves .Serve hot. Having been cooking for decades and with a professional background in cooking & baking, I help you to make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes showcased with step by step photos & plenty of tips & suggestions. Like our videos? Top the potato malai kofta with tomato chutney. 2: mix really well. In this malai kofta recipe i haven’t used paneer/ cheese in kofta, i have used Soya chunks as a main ingredients of kofta and also boiled potatoes, corn flour and some easily available indian spices, you can also name it as soya malai kofta. Well I simply don’t understand what’s so SWEET in an ice cream. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes more. Malai Kofta Recipe Serves : 4 People Preparation … Now add the cashew paste. I made them as a snack, just the koftas without the gravy. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. Cover immediately and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir and saute till the oil starts to leave the sides of the masala paste. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Malai Kofta Curry recipe is a popular North Indian dish and is prepared with various variations in every vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian restaurant in India. Vegetarians across the globe have a penchant for this delicately sweet vegetarian delicacy. 10. Return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tsp (2 tsp) olive oil. These are fried meatballs usually consisting of mashed potatoes and various vegetables, with or without grated paneer. The non veg version of the same can be made by substituting the vegetable balls with meat balls which can be called meatball malai kofta. This Restaurant-Style Vegan Malai Kofta recipe is the ultimate Indian comfort food. These are delicious melt in the mouth paneer kofta in a creamy, rich, mild and lightly sweet onion tomato based gravy. Add the tomato puree and saute for 2-3 minutes. Popular in Indian cuisine. Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated (100 grams) Mawa – 1/2 cup, grated (100 grams) Malai Kofta Recipe, panner kota Sabji, How To Make Malai Kofta Recipe Malai Kofta is a classic North Indian staple dish. Here are some great tips for making perfect malai kofta: you can use sweet potatoes or raw bananas instead of the potatoes for slightly sweeter balls; blend and strain the gravy for the smoothest consistency; use heavy cream or light cream for the creamiest texture ; you can use either store bought or homemade paneer ; Can I Fry the Malai Kofta? Sweet Recipe; Veg Main Course; Breakfast Recipe; Snacks Recipe; Non veg Recipe; Malai Kofta Recipe. The koftas are made of mashed vegetables, sweet potato and chopped cashews. There is also cashew and raisins in the potato patties. The kofta are most traditional when deep fried. Add the kofta spices - cumin, coriander, and red chili powder - to this mash and mix well. Full of flavours and taste. Malai kofta recipe. So you can make this recipe on special occasions for special guests. Shape them into medium sized balls. Lastly add the fried kofta. It is often a goto recipe for mothers and grandmas for any special occasion at home. It goes very well with naan (tandoor-baked flatbread) or Jeera rice. Put this paste back into the pan and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala. Simmer till the gravy becomes thick and creamy. I intend to crumble the chenna finely. Stir and saute till the oil starts to leave the side of the masala paste. Welcome to Dassana's Veg Recipes. WhatsApp . In this recipe we make easy swaps for those two non-vegan ingredients for the most delicious, richest tasting, better-than-restaurant style malai kofta. Running the kitchen for decades, I share tried and tested Vegetarian recipes on my food blog since 2009, with a step-by-step photo guide & plenty of tips so that your cooking journey is easier. Fried balls (koftas) made from potatoes and paneer are dipped in a creamy, velvety smooth curry. Now take a kofta ball dip in the cream and then add in the gravy. 13. Add the balls and deep-fry until browned, 45 seconds. The crispy kofta is served with rich, creamy red gravy. If not add some more boiled potato. Malai kofta recipe With step by step photos. You can add these ingredients to the meatballs as filling as in the recipe, or you can add them directly into the meatball mixture. Serve malai kofta hot with rotis, naan, steamed basmati rice or jeera rice. I served with phulkas. This avatar, the malai kofta recipe, however is considered to be the thing of royalties. Malai means heavy cream and Koftas are nothing but meatballs. Pair up this nice kofta with the traditional gravy or any gravy of your choice. It is a special occasion food probably because making it is a labor of love How to Make the Perfect Homemade Naan Bread in Your Oven, Nargisi Kofta (Indian Lamb and Egg Curry), Indian Masala Kheema (Dry Spicy Minced Meat), Khatta Meetha Karela: Sweet and Sour Bitter Gourd, Indian Stir-Fried Chinese Okra (Turai Ki Sabzi), Mukhmali Kofta - Cheese Balls in Thick Indian Gravy. Malai Kofta does not need an introduction. I also have a professional background in cooking & baking. Malai Kofta is a special occasion dish that has its origins in northern India. In a large bowl, mash the boiled potatoes, mixed vegetables, paneer, and cream together. Made up of cream and cottage cheese these koftas taste sweet and are served in a bowl full of thick creamy gravy. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Add 1 1/2 inches of oil to a saucepan and heat to 350 degrees. The temperature dropped after a scorcher of a weekend, so today was a great excuse to make this recipe that I have wanted to try for a while. 5: fry all the paneer kofta this way and drain them on a paper napkin so that the extra oil is absorbed. Malai kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian curry. For preparing so many pastes and purees I always use magic bullet. Thank you for making my day !! Deep fry these rounds till pale golden in color. This will take approx 9 to 10 minutes on a low flame. You can keep it medium consistency also, the way I have done. For Kota – For Malai Kofta Recipe. Malai kofta is a very popular Indian vegetarian curry. It is the ultimate pleasure and goes wonderfully with it Garlic Naan.. We grew up in India in the 80s and 90s and hardly ate outside. In this delicious restaurant style malai kofta recipe, the kofta are made with paneer and potatoes. Boil them in a pot of water until fork tender. Super delicious Malai kofta recipe can be served with … It's one of the easy malai kofta recipe. The result is the most delicious, richest tasting, better-than-restaurant style vegan malai kofta. Then take a pan and heat oil in it. You know, fresh cream and all those CREAM thingies, when they pop up out of nowhere in your mind like ice-cream, cake . Add the sour cream and stir a little until even. 14. Add all the whole spices and fry till the oil becomes fragrant. I always shallow fry. Watch out the detailed recipe of Malai Kofta below. Stir and cook for 30 seconds more. Like this Recipe?Pin it Now to Remember it Later. Eating those soft stuffed koftas are such a delight. Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates. The temperature dropped after a scorcher of a weekend, so today was a great excuse to make this recipe that I have wanted to try for a while. These paneer kofta are really soft. Malai Kofta! Malai means cream and Kofta are fried dumpling balls. Fry them till golden on both sides. Add baby spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Hi Shubhi, yes you can do that. Apologies! 3: also prepare the cashew paste, onion paste and tomato puree. Koftas added into a richly flavoured tomato cream base sauce to make a yummy and silky gravy which is served as a great side dish for rotis or pulao. Season with salt. Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, this kofta dish is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for preparation and baking. Malai simply means cream. Next, boil the veggies until crisp-tender. Malai Kofta is mostly sweet in taste but i always try to tame it a bit. There are different recipes for kofta. Malai kofta is a popular as well as most sought after vegetarian Indian dish in restaurants. Chana Masala | Punjabi Chole Masala (Stovetop & Instant Pot), Plain Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter (Sada Dosa). Set aside on paper towels to drain. Sweet Potato Malai Kofta . What is Malai Kofta? The recipe is wonderfully rich, hope you guys love it. Add water and stir. Serve with hot naans (tandoor-baked leavened Indian flatbread) or jeera rice. So creamy meatballs. Do note that before shaping and frying the entire batch, check a small tiny piece of the paneer kofta in hot oil (step 4 below). About Malai Kofta Recipe: The most sought after vegetarian dish at restaurants and dinner parties, malai kofta curry is a rich, creamy, mild and slightly sweet paneer dish that is mouth-watering and is … Most welcome. The ingredients needed are 100 grams grated paneer, 2 medium size potatoes (boiled and grated), ¼ teaspoon red chili powder, 1 to 2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch), ⅛ teaspoon garam masala powder, salt as required and 1 tablespoon almond flour. And they were so so so yum!!! Malai Kofta is a traditional Indian dish rich with the flavors. Malai Kofta is a regular on restaurants, dinner parties, and wedding functions. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/broccoli-malai-kofta-recipe Add the paneer kofta in medium hot oil. Cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. It is an all time favorite in any indian restaurant. Well I simply don’t understand what’s so SWEET in an ice cream. So you can either make stuffed dry fruit & nuts koftas for snacks or make them the way I have shown here without stuffing with dry fruits and nuts. Fried potato and cottage cheese balls in a rich creamy tomato onion gravy. Pinterest Kofta are meatballs, and there are variations of them – some from the Balkans and the Middle East, others coming from South Asia. Thanks for the rating too. Add crushed kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) and salt as required. The great style of cooking often served with Naan and Paratha. 3 boiled and mashed potatoes. These tasty paneer kofta are dunked in a smooth, mildly sweet and lighted spiced curry. Transfer the vegetable mixture to the skillet, add the cottage cheese. It is used in loaves of bread, sweet treats, salads, onions and onions, tomatoes that give a rich flavor, will give you a pleasant taste. Check to see that the oil has reached about 375ºF (see my tips above for how to check the oil's … Divide malai sauce between plates and add sautéed spinach and potato kofta. Malai kofta is made of vegetable balls (kofta) in thick gravy (malai). Instagram, By Dassana AmitLast Updated: November 13, 2019, .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #E8C32A; }4.79 from 74 votes • 262 Comments. It’s rich, sweet, tangy and mellow gravy and soft succulent cheese balls make this malai kofta recipe absolutely special. Malai kofta, literally translates into meatballs in a creamy sauce. Add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamoms (all spices are optional here). What is Malai Kofta? Add the balls and deep-fry until browned, 45 seconds. Gently add the koftas to this gravy and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Once hot, add the spinach and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. This particular gravy is very flavourful, with lots of whole spices, ginger and chili flavors. The gravy or curry can be kept white or colored red or brown by using spice powders and tomato puree. Malai Kofta gravy goes well with Naans/Kulcha/Pulkhas. The recipe is for keeps. It is quick unlike a chutney grinder and very easy to clean. In this snack version, I have added dry fruits and nuts. To make any paneer dish its always better to make paneer at home. Just perfect to liven up this rainy weekend evening . You will love these koftas. Garam masala makes spicing the kofta a cinch, and I love the addition of juicy sweet green peas. Malai Kofta is a traditional recipe gets a makeover by using frozen meatless meatballs. The flavors from this recipe are incredible, it’s a sweet lightly sweetened and spiced mainly with whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, etc. Add water and stir. Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and cashew paste. Nutfree option. INGREDIENTS For koftas. Please do not copy. The cashew paste, makes the curry creamy, so need to add cream. If it does not break, then you can easily fry the remaining koftas. Malai kofta is simply potato patties with cheese served in a kind of Indian curry. Heat the 3 tablespoons of oil in a deep pan and fry the onions till light brown. Make your favorite takeout recipes at home with our cookbook! The Mughalai style has mild, slightly sweet, aromatic white gravy. Both ways the malai kofta tastes good. This creamy dish made with maida and paneer dumplings tossed in a luscious gravy, is indulgence overload. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. About Malai Kofta Recipe: The most sought after vegetarian dish at restaurants and dinner parties, malai kofta curry is a rich, creamy, mild and slightly sweet paneer dish that is mouth-watering and is loved by kids and adults alike.You can make this on any special occasion, festivals and dinner parties.