21Ninety is the one place where women of color can come together to learn about new things in beauty, wellness and health. As I previously discussed here (check the link for written discussion along with video), for Black women with hair described as kinky, coily, nappy or Type 4 (pick an adjective – any adjective! Copyright © 2017 LaToya Codner. Suggested Videos. Anthony recommends repeating steps 2-9 daily. A nearly 2 hour process I tried to condense to about 10 minutes. Using a comb in the detangling process is okay. Are you gonna try this method or naw? My results were fantastic, however as a busy mother I’m not sure this style fits into my life on a daily basis. What is co-washing? According to Carmen, it keeps her type 4 hair defined all week long, which is unheard of. 2. To get that great curl definition, try using the LOC method or the method shown in the videos below by Mahogany Curls and Pressed for Curls. Next Story → How Often To Wash Type 4 Hair For Growth – Natural Hair Routine Wash Schedule. Check out some of our favorites below! Type 4 hair can be dry as our tightly coiled curl pattern prevents our natural oils from traveling all the way down the hair shaft so we need to focus on moisture. The wash and go method is how to define your curls. Suggested Videos. September 2020. It tends to be kinky coily, have a ton of shrinkage, and tangles very easily. Thanks. It is cost-effective and comes in different varieties. The wash and go is possible, even as a 4b/c natural. It’s been a journey trying to achieve a perfect wash and go on my hair. Many 4 type curly girls don’t believe that wash n’ go’s are a viable option for them. You may also like... EASY TO DO BRAIDED TOPKNOT BUN TUTORIAL. We're gonna start with step one which is shampooing my hair. HEY YOUTUBE FRIENDS! This really help me understand why my wash and go doesn’t work for me. To get that great curl definition, try using the LOC method or the method shown in the videos below by Mahogany Curls and Pressed for Curls. There’s been much trial and error, but today Anthony agreed to come on camera and show us how it’s done. Suggested Videos. Then choose a method like LOC (leave in (or liquid), oil, cream), LOG(el), LCO, or simply a curl definer for a quick style etc and then start to apply the product or s to each section in small subsections. I’ll keep you updated, trust me. Achieving a wash and go on Type 4 hair can be challenging if you don’t know what you’re doing. Today, I will show you how to get the best WASH and GO on type 4a 4c and 4b Natural Hair. Type 4b/4c hair really doesn’t have curls that can be defined. For gorgeous volume . Feb 12, 2016 - These tips and tutorials can help you achieve a wash and go on your Type 4 hair. Don't forget to like and subscribe to these you tube stars to … Materials Used: Water, Gel, Comb. I do think the process would get faster over time, just like anything else, but I’d have to commit to doing this for a few weeks before reaping the “fruits” of the labor. How To / By Bebe Michelle If you’ve got Type 4, tightly Curly/Coily natural hair, chances are (at one point or another) you’ve tried to figure out how to define your curls. Because the hair is so coily, every curl is a potential break point, and thus needs the most care and best ingredients to … I like to focus on my edges because I do put edge control on my edges during the week. ), the Wash n Go can be a bit controversial.. For one thing there’s the fact that for this type of hair – it’s more of a “Wash n Go…and Comb Out Later.” If you apply products without doing thorough, you could have puffy roots. Fact: every person can do a wash and go, no matter their texture. How to achieve a wash and go on Type 4 hair (which is curly while wet but frizzy when dry, according to “Andre Walker Hair Typing System”)? There’s a particular misconception when it comes to 4C hair because the optics around wash and gos usually show collarbone-length (or longer), big curls — which completely leaves out the tightest type 4 textures. It tends to be kinky coily, have a ton of shrinkage, and tangles very easily. Since a wash and go is a wet set style, technique is of the utmost importance, as it directly affects the longevity of your style. Check them out on YouTube. 4 thoughts on “Tips for Perfecting the Wash n Go Works for All Hair Types” Jennifer. ‘Wash & Go’ on Type 4 Natural Hair | Video Tutorial Inside! , {{ article | articeltimeago }}. It has pictures of all beautiful women of all different skin, tones and hair types, and on the back it has the steps to use the products and all of their products are organic vegan, handmade and cruelty free. Check out my aloe vera mask here or these all-natural remedies for dry hair and split ends.. I started off with a Bentonite treatment on wet hair. I’ve always considered my hair to be pretty hopeless when it comes to wash n goes. It is also one of the most tricky styles to master especially for naturals with type 4 curls. I tried a wash and go for seven full days on type 4b/4c hair and some pretty surprising things happened. I’ve also got a youtube tab here on the navigation bar at the top of this page where you can see all of my videos that upload every thursday. 3 months ago No Comments. If you apply products without doing thorough, you could have puffy roots. When it comes to drying the hair he suggests using sit under dryer, diffuser, or letting the hair air dry. Hey everyone, today’s video is all about an updated wash n go routine.It’s refreshing to see a gorgeous and beautiful head of natural type 4 hair. 4 thoughts on “Tips for Perfecting the Wash n Go Works for All Hair Types” Jennifer. I did a tutorial on how to do a wash and go using two products on type 4 hair! Hairstyles. At tgin we want all naturals to be able to wear their curls however they please. Check my Youtube natural hairstyles playlist for more tutorials. That is why we created products that work for all curl patterns, types and textures and work well with any curly styling routine you can think of. Yes, you heard correctly, only two products! Don't forget to like and subscribe to these you tube stars to … They are by far the lowest manipulation style that works for me. sponsored content (703964) I got two washes out of his Curly Whip styling product and I need to purchase more or find an alternative. Wash and go’s have been my go-to for the summer. Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss any of my content. I know people have different ways of doing their wash and go’s. Cowashing is the act of using a conditioner to lightly cleanse and moisturize the hair in place of stripping shampoos. The hair should be weighed down and soaking wet. NubianPrize. The wash and go method is how to define your curls. My hair have thrived doing only wash and go styles, but I wasn’t sure how it work of her hair which is very fine and then to tangle much easier. Side Down Hairstyles.. Wash&Go On Type 4 Hair. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This method was coined with his name because of its effectiveness with curly hair types. How to achieve a wash and go on Type 4 hair (which is curly while wet but frizzy when dry, according to “Andre Walker Hair Typing System”)? Admittedly, I didn’t think a wash and go would yield me good results until I gave it a shot. Today, I will show you how to get the best WASH and GO on type 4a 4c and 4b Natural Hair. What should I use to cowash? All Rights Reserved. wash and go on type 4 natural hair Hiya, Welcome to my channel, I wanted to create a must request video on how I define my wash n go look. NO PRODUCT Wash N Go On TYPE 4 Hair. Type 3 girls will want a little more moisture and a little more weight for a wash and go. Wash and go tutorial for type 4 hair I personally finger curl every single curl to get the best results bcuz my hair is thick! logged in as {{userdata.username || "21Ninety"}}, 7 Perfect wash-and-go tutorials for your type 4 hair. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use. Hair. Do you want an update where I try to do this every day for a week? I won’t lie, this method can be expensive. Wash N Go Natural Hair. Related Items Featured ← Previous Story EASY Tips To REALLY GROW Type 4 Hair *Refreshing Natural Hair Tips* Next Story → MOISTURIZED MINI TWISTS USING THE LCO METHOD. As I previously discussed here (check the link for written discussion along with video), for Black women with hair described as kinky, coily, nappy or Type 4 (pick an adjective – any adjective! Check out some of our favorites below! The wash and go is without a doubt one of the most popular hairstyles in the natural hair community. Type 3 girls will want a little more moisture and a little more weight for a wash and go. Type 4 hair can be dry as our tightly coiled curl pattern prevents our natural oils from traveling all the way down the hair shaft so we need to focus on moisture. Your curly hair wash and go is dependent upon you applying your products when your hair is still soaking wet. Run head under shower quickly to wet and reactivate the styler. Side Down Hairstyles.. Wash&Go On Type 4 Hair. I typically get a lot of requests for how to do a wash and go on thick natural type 4 hair. It allows me to bring moisture to my hair and in this hot weather, the last thing I want to do is weigh it down with a wig or weave. Related Items Featured ← Previous Story REMOVE DIRT, BUILDUP, & KNOTS SAFELY AFTER A PROTECTIVE STYLE! '':'@'}}{{ article._author | getuserdisplayname }}. September 2020. It takes 21 days to form a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle. Our customers say our system leaves your hair soft, defined, feeling moisturized, elongating your curl, not crunchy, not flaky, and smelling like paradise. Wash and goes are relatively easy, fuss free styles. Anthony Dickey is the owner of the haircare line and salon “Hair Rules” and was the first to open a multi-texture salon with key focus on curly, kinky, and frizzy hair types and textures. Yes, daily. Wash, condition, and deep condition your hair as often as you can (if your hair is 4C you must do this almost every time, 4C is very dry.) There are six popular techniques that most textured-hair women use to achieve their wash and go's and below are my favorite tutorials from vloggers with Type 4 hair. Next Story → HOW TO TREAT DRY, ITCHY, FLAKY SCALP + JUMBO BOX BRAIDS AT … Anthony Dickey is the owner of the haircare line and salon “Hair Rules” and was the first to open a multi-texture salon with key focus on curly, kinky, and frizzy hair types and textures. Don't forget to like and subscribe! Updated Wash + Go Routine | Moisturized Wash and Go | Type 4 Hair. That’s where this wash & go comes in. Hey, beautiful people! 5 Easy Hairstyles You Can Do On Old Wash N Go (Short/Medium Type 4 Hair) You literally just add water, curl cream, gel/oil and walk out the door with poppin’ curls. Hey everyone, today's video is all about my updated wash n go routine. Keep Up With Me! At the same time, we want our hair to look good. Type 4b/4c hair really doesn’t have curls that can be defined. Your wash and go will come out much better on hair that’s deep conditioned regularly so its soft, yet strong and moisturised. Here are the steps I took to achieve a PERFECT wash and go for type 4 curls. Lavender Wash + Go System with Organic Jojoba Oil for Moisturizing Hair (Step 1 - 4) Get ready to end the product junkie lifestyle and replace all your styling products with this powerhouse. Jan 17, 2016 - These YouTube tutorials can help you achieve a wash and go on your Type 4 natural hair. July 5, 2015 at 11:12 pm. Reply. Conditioner “relaxes” the hair enough to detangle. There is no need to set anything at night and I never wake up with matted hair in the morning. February 16, 2014 at 7:55 pm . A wash-and-go is the perfect everyday hairstyle for when you want to wear your hair down and get your curls popping! Achieving a wash and go on Type 4 hair can be challenging if you don’t know what you’re doing. Hair & Nails. Make sure you know you your hair type. Wash and go's are nothing short of amazing. February 16, 2014 at 7:55 pm . This video is a step-by-step guide to doing a wash n go on type 4 natural hair. F.Y.I. {{(article._author.username | getuserdisplayname)==='21NinetyFam'? Wash And Go Without Gel | Type 4 TWA Natural Hair . I have to admit, I haven’t always been a fan of the unnecessary shrinkage that came with the style, so I avoided it and always went with a twist out. It features my guest Anthony Dickey, the King of wash and gos. If your hair is more on the kinky side, like mine, wash and go styles can take a bit of practice to get your desired results. You just have to know what works for your curl pattern. ), the Wash n Go can be a bit controversial.. For one thing there’s the fact that for this type of hair – it’s more of a “Wash n Go…and Comb Out Later.” Wash and gos seem like a type 4 naturals worst nightmares – and for nearly 10 years it was mine too. sponsored content (703964) Yes, SOME type 4 naturals who say wash and gos don’t work on their hair are referring to the tangles and single-strand knots that some of us get with this hairstyle. The post got some good engagement and some people were asking how I achieved the wash n go. Make sure you know you your hair type. Hairstyles. Ambunu and Fenugreek Deep Conditioner for Hair Growth | … Shake hair vigorously to separate the coils. Home Uncategorized Mo’s Wash-N-Go Method for Coily Hair Mo’s Wash-N-Go Method for Coily Hair. Ambunu and Fenugreek Deep Conditioner for Hair … {{(article._author.username | getuserdisplayname)==='21NinetyFam'? This product makes my natural hair feel soft. This really help me understand why my wash and go doesn’t work for me. Many type 4 naturals have dry, lifeless hair and don’t know that they’re actually drying out their own coils by saturating it with harsh detergents unnecessarily. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hairstyles. It is also one of the most tricky styles to master especially for naturals with type 4 curls. This product makes my natural hair feel soft. '':'@'}}{{ article._author | getuserdisplayname }} I love doing wash and go's on my type 4 natural hair. Wash And Go Without Gel | Type 4 TWA Natural Hair. Home / Hair / NO PRODUCT Wash N Go On TYPE 4 Hair. The wash and go is without a doubt one of the most popular hairstyles in the natural hair community. From hair gels to curl creams, there are so many options for every curl type, which makes the process of finding the greatest hair wash and go product even more difficult. Tell me the truth. Suggested Videos. You may also like... HOW TO DO BROWN & BLONDE MIX KNOTLESS BOX BRAIDS | … You may also like... EASY TO DO BRAIDED TOPKNOT BUN TUTORIAL. In today’s video I show you how I create a defined Wash and Go without using a gel. I’ve come to realise that a wash and go can be done on any hair type using products that work best to keep ones hair hydrated for long periods of time and the secret ingredient to having a “successful” wash and go is loving and being comfortable with the way your hair looks without product and in its shrunken state. NO PRODUCT Wash N Go On TYPE 4 Hair By NHM Contributor on August 18, 2020. Shop these helpful videos for maximum moisture and a soft, sexy wash and go! It’s a wash, and work, and wait, and WERK! This is important as we’re looking to save time by spending less of it doing hair. Afro-textured hair, also known as Type 4 hair is the most delicate hair texture that exists. Hair. Again, use as much product as you have hair on your head. Updated Wash + Go Routine | Moisturized Wash and Go | Type 4 Hair. She loves wearing her hair down so I knew this style would make her very happy. 7 Perfect wash-and-go tutorials for your type 4 hair by 21ninety, Photo: Naptural85 - Advertisement - A wash-and-go is the perfect everyday hairstyle for when you want to wear your hair down and get your curls popping! Hope you guys enjoy and don't forget to subscribe, like and comment for more ! That’s why I’ve done this experiment for you. Wash, condition, and deep condition your hair as often as you can (if your hair is 4C you must do this almost every time, 4C is very dry.) He does recommend using cheaper conditioners for the daily wash and go if his own products are out of your price range, so I’ve added some alternatives to shop above. Anthony advised me to roll or twist my hair in large sections to distribute the products better. wash and go on type 4 natural hair Hiya, Welcome to my channel, I wanted to create a must request video on how I define my wash n go look. September 13, 2013 Mo Uncategorized 3 . In todays video, im sharing my updated wash and go routine with you. Related Items Featured ← Previous Story EASY Tips To REALLY GROW Type 4 Hair *Refreshing Natural Hair Tips* Next Story → MOISTURIZED MINI TWISTS USING THE LCO METHOD. One of my most highly requested videos is how I do my wash & gos. This video is a step-by-step guide to doing a wash n go on type 4 natural hair. Your curly hair wash and go is dependent upon you applying your products when your hair is still soaking wet. I promise so before I get into wash day, I'm just gonna go ahead and start by detangling my hair with the conditioner and I just wanna say that this conditioner worked really well as I was tingling my hair. The first thing to note is whether your hair actually has curl definition. Suggested Videos. I don’t like the way the back spent curl the way the front does. He believes wash and gos are meant to be done in the shower as apart of a person’s shower routine everyday. Materials Used: Water, Gel, Comb . Jun 23, 2017 - Type 4 wash n go styles can be achieved regardless of whether the curls happen to be defined or lacking definition. Lord knows my son doesn’t have the patience to wait for me to do this hour long process (including drying time). Hair. Recently I did a wash and go on my type 4 hair and posted some pictures on Intagram and Facebook. Type 4 hair, especially type 4c texture, typically is most fragile of all the hair types. And it’s definitely not JUST a wash and go for us! Which is not much but still worth sharing. You may also like... HOW TO DO BROWN & BLONDE MIX KNOTLESS BOX BRAIDS | … × Products Used In This Video: Kinky Curly Knot Today – Natural … source. The first thing to note is whether your hair actually has curl definition. The simple answer is to section the hair in 4-5 sections. Get more stuff like this. Side Down Hairstyles.. Wash&Go On Type 4 Hair. It is even more challenging if you are trying to use the same products and technique as someone who does not share your curl pattern. July 5, 2015 at 11:12 pm. Wash and gos are simply to highlight whatever your curl pattern is, so I wish some naturals would understand if their hair is comprised of super-tight coils with high shrinkage and their wash and gos result in defined super-tight coils with high shrinkage, then it WORKED. See ya in your inbox soon! Jul 14, 2020 - WASH AND GO on TYPE 4 NATURAL HAIR gives you my updated 3 easy steps system to get your most defined curls, on your natural hair. NubianPrize. The key is moisture, especially on coiled hair like 4a-4c. No matter what hair type you have, there's a tutorial made perfectly for you. If you have dense hair that means A LOT. wash and go on type 4 hair using Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipes Don’t Shrink Elongating Curling Gel Eco Style Gel. So I decided to share with you the how part, the products I used and all. Facebook; Prev Article Next Article . Thanks. Learn how your comment data is processed. This is as lazy as it gets, and I love it! 1. Photo credit: Mariam . How to do a Wash & Go on Type 4 Hair As the weather warms up even more, wash and go styles are super popular with many naturals. Leave hair soaking wet and stay in the shower. You have to use your fingers to evenly shingle throughout your hair… CURLY HAIR ROUTINE ON SHORT TYPE 4 HAIR | WASH AND GO FOR SHORT NATURAL HAIR. Wash and go’s have been my go-to for the summer. For this wash-n-go, we used Sealing Hair Butter and Get Set Hair Jelly to set the hair. It features my guest Anthony Dickey, the King of wash and gos. CURLY HAIR ROUTINE ON SHORT TYPE 4 HAIR | WASH AND GO FOR SHORT NATURAL HAIR. This post will tell you how! I had the pleasure of getting a step by step tutorial on how to do the infamous “Anthony Dickey wash and go”, which for the record, is a name he did not come up with himself. You can see this step at 11:40 in the video above. I must be honest, I haven’t tried them all yet, but based on the descriptions and reviews they seem to be worth trying. Since beginning my natural hair journey in 2010 I had heard of his work, but hadn’t given this method a try until earlier this year when I decided to try a wash and go for the first time. Shop these helpful videos for maximum moisture and a soft, sexy wash and go! No matter what hair type you have, there's a tutorial made perfectly for you. Style Tutorial . It allows me to bring moisture to my hair and in this hot weather, the last thing I want to do is weigh it down with a wig or weave. Products and Tools: Amber of Brown Bombshell Beauty. Check out my aloe vera mask here or these all-natural remedies for dry hair and split ends.. It is even more challenging if you are trying to use the same products and technique as someone who does not share your curl pattern. Don't forget to like and subscribe! Check them out on YouTube. × Eco Style gel was the first wash and go products for natural hair that I tried as an early natural. I FINALLY had a successful wash n go that lasted me all week!! You have to use your fingers to evenly shingle throughout your hair. Hair & Nails. Related Items Featured ← Previous Story GoldAnn François’ Natural Hair Journey with Pictures + Tips for hair growth! Posted in how to do a wash and go on natural hair, natural hair products for type 4 hair, struggling to accept my natural hair, Wash and go for 4c hair, wash and go on type 4 hair, what products to use for coily hair, what to do if I don’t like my natural hair type Your wash and go will come out much better on hair that’s deep conditioned regularly so its soft, yet strong and moisturised. Reply. The key is moisture, especially on coiled hair like 4a-4c. Bebe Michelle takes us inside her salon-studio, with a … I don’t like the way the back spent curl the way the front does. I’m a little concerned that I’ll fail, but I’m willing to give it a try! From hair gels to curl creams, there are so many options for every curl type, which makes the process of finding the greatest hair wash and go product even more difficult. Next Story → How Often To Wash Type 4 Hair For Growth – Natural Hair Routine Wash Schedule. Contrary to popular belief within the natural hair community, wash-and-go hairstyles can be achieved on 4-type hair. September 2020. We’re both have type 4 natural hair, mine more of 4a while hers is more of a 4 B/C. Related Items Featured ← Previous Story REMOVE DIRT, BUILDUP, & KNOTS SAFELY AFTER A PROTECTIVE STYLE! Enjoy!