If you’ve always though you had to have creamy, sweet coffee, I urge you to try a few high quality flavored coffees. You can drink black coffee, most healthy teas, coconut water, and of course water. Fruit Juice is compliant on Whole30 but this can be confusing. But in that case, you might as well just brew your own black tea in large batches and chill it. Drink it hot! It makes me feel like I’m not being deprived. If you’re involved in endurance athletics, work in a profession that leaves you prone to dehydration, or just want a refreshing treat, coconut water can be a fine choice for rehydration. There are Whole30-compliant foods that fit all the main food categories, including protein, fruits, vegetables, oils and fats, nuts, condiments, and beverages. Meaning you should get your nutrition from whole food. So far my favorite has been Chamomile Mint Tea, Green Tea, and Oolong Tea! With so many things you can’t drink it is important to find flavorful drinks that satisfy. I’m not whole30 again yet, but I’ve found that hot tea in general makes me almost dizzy with a slight headache if I drink it in the mornings. This is the perfect way to wind down my day and keeps my sugar dragon at bay with its sweet flavor. A popular and trendy brand, LaCroix is another Whole30 compliant flavored water company. Basil mixed with orange slices and strawberries is also a winning combination. So forget that big glass of milk, wine,  sweet tea, or sodas, regardless if they are diet or not. If you are not a peach fan, play around with the fruits that you add and get creative. Water is not the only option when doing Whole30. It gives me a a great pick-me-up in the late afternoon when I’m dragging, without any added caffeine. I like to be generous with my coconut milk! Course Drinks Keyword beverages, coffee, drinks, lattes, tea Prep Time 5 minutes. So please give me any feed back and will appreciate any tips Deb meddings, Your email address will not be published. I used to drink my coffee with flavored creamer but I’ve found it much easier to switch over to black coffee than I would have imagined. Iced tea doesn’t do that, I thought I was the only one. Finding Zest © 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Free Valentine Cards: Watercolor Flamingo ». Rather than using honey (which isn't allowed on the Whole30) this sauce uses dates as a sweetener. No, you don’t just have to drink water on your Whole30. But make sure to check your labels because some brands add sugar and carrageen. jtota 178 Posted June 2, 2013. jtota. GT Kombucha does not have added sugar and it is a popular brand. Join her here and on her dessert blog, ohmysugarhigh.com where she shares her love of baking! If you aren’t using a specially designed fruit infuser pitcher or water bottle, I recommend limiting the amount of time you infuse for flavor. This recipe is Whole30 and Paleo compliant, but if you want to add a little bourbon or other liquor if choice, you can turn this tea into a refreshing cocktail. There are several recipes that call for apple juice. Make sure to check the labels for added sweeteners. For many, a cup of tea is a comforting ritual after a long day, or a healthier substitute for those dessert cravings. The Whole30 Program ; Food, Drink and Condiments ; Green tea Green tea. They contain no sodium or sweeteners – just natural flavoring. Not a fan of laundry, nagging, or drama. Be sure to check the labels. And the real bonus? Whole30 Honey-less Mustard Sauce. Avoid ground coffee in containers. Some of my favorite brands are Celestial Seasonings which has a large variety of flavors. But my favorite for flavor by far are herbal teas. Here is what I’ve been drinking while on the Whole30 diet. 3. This tea is delicious without cream but feels much more civilized when you add the coconut milk. Kombucha has great health benefits too. I have several favorite flavors including key lime, blood orange and cucumber mint. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. They recently introduced Carne Asada and Chicken as compliant options in addition to the carnitas (they’ve been compliant for years! Just don’t let coconut water take the place of plain old water in your daily routine.“. It’s ok to use to flavor sauces, soups, or entrees but not to drink. For a long time many herbal teas contained soy lecithin which meant they were out for Whole30. Read More…, Pretty Chic Theme By: Pretty Darn Cute Design. Hope you love these Whole30 drinks! With these tagless herbal teas I don’t even miss having any sugar since they are so flavorful. That means finding Whole30 compliant herbal teas in retailers like Walmart is easy and affordable! Many foods and drinks are out on Whole30. Because gum and mints are out on Whole30, I find the peppermint tea extra refreshing. Favorite activities include watching football, reading, cuddling with kids and spending time in the kitchen. Alternatively, adding a little coconut milk or almond milk with no added sugar can go a long way. Here are some Whole30 approved drinks that are not water. 2 years ago. I just add a fresh lemon slice and it is perfect! Now I find sodas to be way too sweet and I avoid them. This market is booming and so many flavors are always being added to the market. Though it is not as sweet it can add the creamy goodness to your coffee. Liquid food is not encouraged on Whole 30. As always, be sure to check all ingredients carefully to make sure they are compliant Whole30 drinks. The first company to release the product was Coconut Secret, and the ingredients read, “Organic coconut ‘sap’ aged and blended with sun-dried, mineral-rich sea salt.” Based on this ingredient list*, it appeared totally Whole30 compatible. RELATED: I heart herbal tea. Many brands add sugar to the drink after the fermentation process. Other less common beverages like kombucha, brewed chocolate (not to be confused with hot chocolate) and bone broth are also acceptable. Silk, Blue Diamond, and SO Delicious is carried by Target, along with Califia Farms. He was just diagnosed with kidney disease and a lot of these foods he can’t have because of his phosphorus and potassium levels and since he’s on dialysis, he has to eat different foods. Link to post Share on other sites. The goal is realfood over processed stuff. So, you may think that you can’t drink it on Whole 30. Just because you're doing a Whole30 doesn't mean you can't have your favorite sauce. But be sure to check your labels. A good example of when to use fruit juice is making ketchup. Thanks and pray for me All varieties of tea are allowed while on Whole30 including black, green white and herbal teas. You may feel limited in what you can drink when on a round Once I realized the tea wasn’t okay for the whole30, I immediately went to the David’s Tea website and did a mildly psychotic amount of research through all the teas and came up with this list of whole30 acceptable teas available. Always check your labels for added sugars and sweeteners, but naturally flavored drinks are great for keeping hydrated (and making Whole30 mocktails)! Tea is a world unto itself, and the vast majority of it fits the program. In fact, if you don’t already know what kombucha is, it’s basically fermented tea. But if you do buy premade make sure there are no non-compliant ingredients. Kombucha and sparkling water make a good mocktail. Coconut milk is freaking delicious. So you want to start Whole 30 but the thought of only drinking water for the next 30 days has you down? User account menu. If you often drink a glass of milk then nut milk is a good substitute. It’s totally Whole30 compliant. Tell me about your favorite Whole30 approved drinks. The only ingredient is peppermint so there is no confusion about whether or not it is Whole30 approved. Whole30 Approved Program. Required fields are marked *. If you’ve been used to drinking very sweet drinks, it can be a shock to your taste buds. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. When drinking your coffee black, you want to make sure you are drinking quality coffee. Don’t worry there are plenty of drink choices to keep your taste buds happy. Maybe it is something you want to eat very sparingly or even eliminate altogether on a more permanent basis. But you can if you check the ingredients. Coffee, tea, and kombucha are a few options you have. Since only natural flavors and no actual honey sweeten this tea variety, it is also Whole30 approved. To make, I will boil my tea bags and cut up my fruit. Servings 1. Archived. While you’ll get that familiar fizz, flavored sparkling water isn’t anywhere close to as sweet as soda. Sounds lovely, right? ), Filed Under: Home and Family, Household Tips Tagged With: approved, Celestial Seasonings, compliant, diet, drinks, healthy lifestyle, hot tea, lifestyle, tea, Whole30. green tea; By planetofthegrapes, May 23, 2013 in ... that's not banned on W30, as I type, I'm sipping a black chai teas from Asda, compliant ingredients of course . Unless you’re planning on just drinking plain water, coffee and tea on your cruise, you’ll need to plan what Whole30 beverages you’ll want to have. Also, black coffee is fine. If you drink soda or beer often then sparkling water can be a good alternative when on Whole 30. I wanted to know if it was coffee, I liked drinking. One of the hardest adjustments for many people is with Whole30 drinks. Kombucha can be confusing because sugar is used in the fermentation process. Many teas have added sugar and other additives, like soy. Most Coconut brands of coconut water are compliant but some do have sugar in the ingredients. “Coconut water is essentially a “light” fruit juice. During this time you would keep track of and evaluate how the dairy made you feel. You will love them! Truly, the sky is the limit, as long as you keep an eye on the labels: While most tea is fine, some tea does have hidden contraband, like soy lecithin or stevia. Im starting Whole30 tomorrow, and usually drink three cups of tea at work to curb hunger. Drinking hazelnut coffee black is enough flavor for me now. Kombucha is an acquired taste. I tried making tea today without adding either the milk or sugar and it was GROSS! But luckily coffee is not one of them. Keep a pitcher of it in the fridge and a thermos of it in your bag! Finding Zest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Our Whole30 Approved ® label is designed to let you know a product is 100% compatible with the rules of our Whole30 program, and that the product line and company who stands behind it has been vetted by our team.Furthermore, all Whole30 Approved products containing animal protein have met our established Animal Welfare Standards, as created in partnership with the … Now that’s the only way I prefer it. It can taste like vinegar. Herbal teas can add a sweetness and flavor with their ingredients that I don’t find in other varieties. Author Lindsay Navama. Then the next day you would go back to eating only Whole30 compliant food for 2 days. She loves to share recipes and crafts along with stories about parenting and travel. Some sparkling water contains added sugar or artificial sweeteners. But if you find the right flavor it’s a good drink. Your email address will not be published. I chose this diet because I’ve been suffering from eczema on my face and waking up feeling sick for several months. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a038979f52c76855a766af4c74a81e83" );document.getElementById("d1bbd4c019").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); All links on this site may be affiliate links and should be considered as such. Whole30 Compliant Drinks at Costco. You have a variety of different drinks to quench your thirst. It comes in 4 unique flavors including Pomegranate Mojito and Cinnamon Apple, so it’s a great source of energy and variety for anyone doing a Whole30 diet. I also followed the autoimmune protocol to cut coffee out so tea was my only option for caffeine, I drank hot and cold unsweetened tea. If you are making the switch from soda straight to sparkling water this might be a difficult transition for you. I have tried a lot of different teas, I am not saying I am an expert or anything but these teas taste really good. Add as much or as little as you’d like to your cup of herbal tea. Our Whole30 Approved partners at SOUND are making tasty Whole30 compatible sparkling teas that will knock your socks off. If you don’t like the way coffee tastes without sweeteners, try a different brand or a different roast. I love cucumber and mint infused water for a refreshing treat. It’s filled with probiotics. If you’re doing a Whole30, the issue of Whole30 compliant kombucha can be a little complicated, but here’s a brief explanation to explain how to know if your home brew or favorite brand is compliant. Pick them up in store or online at Walmart or use their grocery pickup. Again we’re both retired and of course no kids around it will be easy for me but not for my hubby, some of these foods are easy to find? Also, there are so many different flavors of tea to choose from. Ingredients. & Actually a little disturbing, since there are several ENTIRE restaurants that are non-compliant on a Whole30… like even a chicken breast and romaine is off limits because there are so many additives. As with everything, make sure you check the ingredients label and watch for non-compliant ingredients in your potential Whole30 drinks. Plus, yeast extract is popping up in lots of foods from partners like Primal Kitchen, Teton Waters Ranch, Kettle & Fire, and Safe Catch. With no calories, no sugar and no caffeine these Celestial Seasonings Herbal Teas are guilt free! r/whole30: The Whole30 is a 30-day elimination diet, as described in the book It Starts With Food and on the website Whole9Life.com. Which is a no-no for Whole30. Please see our privacy policy for more information. You’ll find a few options in the fridge section, and a few compliant almond and coconut milks that are in boxed containers. My Favorite Food Tricks for Slimming Down| Four Ten Calorie DPSG Coupon Promotion #TENways, Christmas Holiday Punch Recipe + Holiday Entertaining Ideas, Dog Biscuit Recipe Inspired by Biscuit the Dog, Rainbow Unicorn Dessert Cups: Unicorn Party Ideas, Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls and Cinnamon Butter Recipe. ), so it’s exciting to have three protein options. Haven’t tried afternoon or evenings though, but I might as a snacking alternative. There are so many brands to choose from and a ton of flavors to keep it interesting. Now I’m in the homestretch, I can’t wait to see how my body responds to introducing forbidden foods back into my diet. Soy in Celestial Seasonings Tea? Same as you, it’s only the caffeinated ones and not herbal that impacts me. In our research, we discovered many Whole30 Approved partners are moving towards using extracts in the interest of transparency and sourcing organic ingredients. They’re being used to preserve products and meat (like rosemary extract) and to flavor beverages like SOUND Tea. Elevate your Whole30 compliant coffee or tea with this creamy, dreamy blended beverage made with ghee, dates, and pumpkin pie spice. Drink it cold! From bottled tea and bags of tea, to dozens of coffees, and bottled water. Before starting Whole 30 I never would have considered drinking my coffee black. LaCroix and Polar seltzers are popular brands that are easy to find. They’ve expanded their options for Whole30 compliant almond and coconut milks, too. And I thought it was the most disgusting thing. It’s good hot or cold. u/gg_whole30. Basically, kombucha is fermented tea, and in order for the tea to ferment, sugar must be added to it to feed the SCOBY. A month before my first round of Whole 30, I started drinking my coffee black. Yeah, this diet is pretty restrictive, but the good news is, you can actually eat most of the nutritious foods you already love. But is kombucha whole30 compliant? I love veggies and salad, but of course the salad dressing is always for me is ranch or thousand island, so this morning I had breakfast sausage, 1 egg and sauté organic spring mix. Chipotle is another awesome option that’s officially Whole30 Approved. If it's just tea, water and perhaps some sort of natural flavoring, then it checks out. Drink it with lemon! Hot or Iced Coffee. January 28, 2019 By Emilie 1 Comment This post may contain compensated links. Especially when you’re craving a cocktail. I typically have English Breakfast tea, with one sugar packet and some almond milk. The health benefits of kombucha come from the probiotics it contains. What you can order: Whole30 Salad Bowl (one touch on the app or online). It's much better freshly brewed. This tea's brightness comes from the fresh muddled blackberries and lemon added to the tea during an hour-long steep. If it made you feel horrible, maybe that isn’t something you want to eat everyday moving forward. Make sure to use UNSWEETENED almond milk for a Whole30 Compliant Almond Milk Latte recipe. After posting my Whole30 Guide to Chipotle, I felt addicted inspired to continue with the food researching, because… it’s fun! I started out making bullet proof coffee with coconut oil or ghee but I found the aftertaste bitter and stopped altogether. I’ve got four drinks in my daily routine besides water that I can look forward to drinking! So again make sure to read labels. So, what do you drink? But there are brands that don’t. 1 Only Tea For my first Whole30, I read a suggestion to just drink tea and no coffee. For a long time many herbal teas contained soy lecithin which meant they were out for Whole30. Vegetable juice is allowed but it shouldn’t take the place of real vegetables. Many fruits like strawberries and raspberries break down fairly quickly in water while basil will turn spotted after 30 minutes or so. I learned it was the coffee I liked. Earlier this month I started my Whole30 journey. After three weeks I’ve been feeling so much better and my eczema has greatly improved. But “Is kombucha Whole30 … Posted by. These teas have as much caffeine as coffee (about 3x what tea would normally have), but the amino acids in Zest help create a steady alertness - instead of the jitters and crash associated with coffee. There are a lot of things you must eliminate from your diet when on Whole 30. All varieties of tea are allowed while on Whole30 including black, green white and herbal teas. Do remember that eating foods high in natural sugar is not encouraged while doing the Whole30, so only use this sauce in moderation. Teasia Teas are Whole30 approved since they are made with all natural ingredients and there is not any sugar added! A few years ago I gave up all soda and switched over to flavored unsweetened sparkling water. For more info on what drinks you can carry on for your specific cruise line, read How to Bring Your Own Drinks on a Cruise. It is also good to put in your coffee or tea. However, did you know that in August 2015 Celestial Seasonings removed soy lecithin from almost all of their tea formulas? I also shared them with my friends and they loved them! Fruit Juice is compliant on Whole30 but this can be confusing. of Whole 30. Or if it was the sugar I craved in the morning. I used to have my morning cup of joe with HEAPING spoonfuls of sugar. And I have continued drinking my coffee black. But is you want to add vegetable juice for added nutrition that is ok. It’s better if you made your own vegetable juice. Follow along on the journey! All varieties – black, green, white, and herbal – are permitted on the Whole30. Kombucha is one of my favorite Whole30 compliant beverages aside from water and tea. So you can have fruit juice on Whole 30 but only as an ingredient, not as a drink. Coconut aminos (a soy sauce substitute made from coconut) came on the Whole30 scene around 2013. Nut milk such as almond and cashew milk are compliant for Whole 30. The Whole 30 program would prefer you chewed your food rather than drink it. This subreddit … Press J to jump to the feed. log in sign up. Then no. I use it a couple of times of week. Strain, chill, then serve ice cold. Let me know in the comments:), I'm on a mission to live a healthy lifestyle. And as I research about it I’m beginning to switch from coffee to herbal teas so that’s a plus, but use to bread all the time and cheese and love milk so I’m getting use to soy almond milk which my husband uses with his protein drink I wasn’t as sure if the Honey Vanilla Chamomile was compliant so I checked the ingredients and confirmed with Whole30 forums. Although it can be a bit of an acquired taste, it’s actually very good for you, so as long as you read your labels and make sure it’s all compliant. While there are some obvious choices like lemon or lime, don’t be afraid to try different combinations. And you can find or make whole30-compliant creamers. This Whole30-compliant iced tea makes the perfect sipper for the warm months ahead. By Whole30 headmistress Melissa Hartwig, who sometimes has a very hard job Kombucha—a fermented tea—is a delicious beverage that may add some probiotic benefits to your already healthy Whole30 diet. So now how do you drink your coffee? Though you do have to say good-bye to the sugar and sweet creamers. You know water is ok but it can get boring. Herbal teas can add a sweetness and flavor with their ingredients that I don’t find in other varieties. It has been over two years since my first round of Whole 30. Some cruise lines allow you to carry on some drinks, but rules vary a lot from one company to another. This subreddit … The tea was wildly delicious and I fantasized about it. However, give your taste buds time to adjust. Close. If you can’t drink it black, there are other options for creamers. I stick to only one cup a day to limit my caffeine and to increase my water intake. People find it easier to give up coffee entirely than to drink it without the fixin’s. I’m 64 and I just started whole 30 You can’t have any sugar (except what is in fruits and vegetables), artificial sweeteners, soy, alcohol or dairy. Emilie is a Minnesota mom of three boys ages 13, 12 and 8. This dairy-free latte is delicious served hot, but you can also serve it over ice, or you can add in some ice cubes after blending and serve it as a frappe! r/whole30: The Whole30 is a 30-day elimination diet, as described in the book It Starts With Food and on the website Whole9Life.com. Use a tall measuring cup to incorporate some air and get the perfect froth. Another favorite is Tazo teas. A lot of people swear by these and have found it easy to get over their soda habit by drinking LaCroix because they’re that good. Here are the Whole30 compliant drinks I found at Costco: Sparkling Water A good example of when to use fruit juice is making ketchup. I’m happy to get these answers and get rid of (or at least reduce) my bad eating habits, but it hasn’t been easy. It’s ok to use to flavor sauces, soups, or entrees but not to drink. But my favorite for flavor by far are herbal teas. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. r/whole30. 6. So far my favorite varieties are the Honey Vanilla Chamomile and Peppermint, although the Country Peach Passion is also delicious and loaded with flavor. There are several recipes that call for apple juice. Getting through the day without desserts and minimal snacks is hard enough but drinks can help tame those cravings. A popular one is Nutpods. Once I took a drink of my hubby’s coffee that had sugar in it. Tea is a great way to changes things up when you get bored with your beverages. (Best service ever! Since fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs are all Whole30 compliant, you are missing out if you don’t use them in your water. 3. This post is sponsored by Celestial Seasonings but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. Does anyone have any suggestions on … , dieting, kombucha, whole30 Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that many people enjoy because it is fizzy, delicious, and beneficial for health.