The sweet spot was adequate for a 98 inch head but I found the power level to drop off noticeably outside the center of the string bed. Related: wilson blade 98 16x19 wilson blade 98 18x20 wilson pro staff 97 wilson blade 98 v7 wilson blade 98s wilson blade 98 v7 16x19 2015 wilson blade 98 Refine more Format Something went wrong. I had success going for touch and drop volleys thanks in part to the feel as well as the spin. Wilson Blade 98L 16x19 Tennis Racquet Review. ", Jason - "Not only does the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail feel like a softer version of the previous Blade 98, it's also lower powered. Hannah: Open level player with a semi-western forehand and two-handed backhand. "The first thing I noticed was the softer, more muted feel that the Countervail technology creates," Jason said. I felt confident going for the corners of the court and putting my opponents on the run, but it also felt good chipping the ball back deep and neutralizing big first serves. I was able to get the racquet into position for every ball and execute the shots I wanted. ", Andy - "Compared to previous versions, I thought the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail provided a bit more power and stability. Jason - "The Wilson Blade 98 16x19 v7 offers a better feel than previous version but is still arm friendly. Maybe it was a mental block, but even the beginning of this playtest was a struggle for me. Although the 98L is a brand-new addition to the Blade family, Wilson … ", Our playtesters found plenty of control when serving with the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail, and spin was easy to access, but all our testers found a noticeable lack of power when they really wanted to hit a big serve. Jason: 4.0 baseliner with a semi-western forehand and two-handed backhand. I could really knife it low with tons of spin. Price: US $99.00. Its power level and swing-ability (if that's a word) reminds me of Pro Staff racquets. ... 1 product rating - Wilson Blade 98 (16x19… With the 2019 update to the Blade 98 (16x19), Wilson doubles down on the outstanding feel for which the Blade series is known.Like the previous generation, this racquet combines the same elegant cosmetic … However, the open string pattern of the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail let me access massive amounts of spin, and after a slight adjustment period I felt comfortable and confident. However, that power didn't translate to the serve. ", Michelle had more mixed feelings than the other playtesters. All Rights Reserved. Great price compared to similar brand new items, - BRAND NEW - Wilson Blade 98 v7 16x19 Tennis Racquet - 4 3/8" grip size, - Wilson Blade 98 (16x19) V7 Tennis Racquet Racket TNS Frame Unisex (Grip 4 3/8"), Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. This update feels more muted and stiffer to me, which is what I like. Head Size: 98 sq. It was super fun to just bash balls all day long. {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}, Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. Pre-Owned. She raved, "This racquet had a great response on my returns of serve when I caught the ball in front of my body. Andy currently using a Yonex EZONE DR 98. I am just more accustomed to the feel of the 16x19 … The racquet felt solid and forgiving at contact. She offered, "I liked the feel of serving with this racquet. I could ramp up the power and attack balls, as well as consistently get balls back nice and deep. Featuring carbon mapping placed strategically … Otherwise I made too many careless errors on a shot I love hitting and enjoy striking big. It has a nice combination of power, control and spin." ", Andy - "Nice blend of power, control and spin. If you stay on this website, you agree to the use of cookies. Copyright © Tennis Warehouse. In this video, I compared all the significant racquets in Wilson Blade Line. The feel is more muted and dampened than past Blades, as well. Actual sales may not have occurred at this price. The open 16x19 pattern provided a nice blend of power, control and spin, all of which we could access in varying amounts depending on what shots we were hitting. This page was last updated: 03-Dec 12:17. With its growing popularity, the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail makes a case for inclusion into the modern classic racquet hall of fame. ", Andy found a good blend of power, control and spin for his groundstrokes, but the shock dampening technology just left him a little too disconnected from his shots. ", Hannah thought the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail worked well for her aggressive style. Maneuverability was just OK, but once the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail was in position I was in good shape. All in all, this was an impressive update to an already extremely popular racquet. Just like on groundstrokes, the stiffness on returns was ideal. With the Blade 98 18x20 Countervail, Wilson adds another impressive chapter to the Blade racquet family. She explained, "The first thing I noticed with this racquet was its heavy swingweight and how that allowed me to drive through my baseline shots. ", Most of our testers really liked the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail's solid response and easy access to power and spin for returning serve. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Your California Privacy Rights | Accessibility*Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. Racquet Specs. Wilson Blade 98 Countervail 16x19 v6.0 (PRESTRUNG) Condition: Used. "The 16x19 string pattern provided a large and forgiving sweetspot and good spin potential, allowing me to really knife my volleys and keep them low and moving through the court. Wilson removed the Countervail … However, one potential downside of this new dampening technology was that some playtesters felt "disconnected" from the ball. All of our testers noticed the more dampened feel of the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail from the baseline. $79.99. FeelFlex has put the flex of the 98 strung at a 61 flex rating. She currently plays with the Babolat Pure Aero. Andy: Open level all court player with a semi-western forehand grip and a two-handed backhand. Sure enough, comfort stood out to our playtest team. ", Our team really liked the control and stability the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail offered around the net. However, once I started to shorten up my swings I was able to access this racquet's potential in terms of controlled power and loads of spin. This version comes equipped with Wilson's Countervail technology, which is designed to dampen shock and reduce muscle fatigue in your arm without affecting the feel of the racquet. It was easy to block balls back and point and shoot my volleys. For some reason, whether it was the higher swingweight or something else, I couldn't generate the racquet head speed to up the MPHs. The newest iteration of the Blade stands … It's more solid, has more stability, and it's a bit stiffer and more powerful. All content copyright 2016 Tennis Warehouse. ", Hannah - "The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail really complemented my playing style a lot more than some recent racquets we have tested. You’ve seen our comparison article showing it against the Clash 98, but now we’re getting into it.. Wilson has removed Countervail from the Blade and replaced it with FeelFlex technology. The comfort level is right there with some of my favorite racquets. $99.99. It has a nice combination of power, control and spin." in. 4 1/4 grip size, and 98 … "I thought the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail was fairly easy to swing, but it's not as whippy as my own racquet, the Yonex EZONE Ai 100. Currently using a Yonex EZONE Ai 100. He said, "I was surprised that I still felt well connected with my shots. Wilson 2019 Blade 98 V7 Strung Tennis Racquet - 16x19 - Quality String 5.0 out of 5 stars 7. I was expecting to get more power from the high swingweight, but it wasn't there. Wilson … ", (Scores are determined by averaging individual play test scores). The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail just doesn't have that heavy power and built-in control that my RF97 has. A weapon inspired by the pinnacle of the clay season and designed with elegant flair, the Blade 98 (16x19) V7.0 Roland Garros Edition backs up its sharp design with cutting-edge innovation for next … Wilson Prime All Court … Tennis Racket For Hardball Wilson Blade 98 16x19 V6.0 (unstrung) 4 1/8. When I had to reach for a return the Blade 98 gave me the ability to chip the ball back with enough power and force to stay in the point. Although I felt like I was really getting some big shots back in the court, the power levels weren't as high as I thought they would be. Review date: October 2016. "I felt like I was hitting some big and effective serves, but according to PlaySight my serves were much slower than what I was expecting," Michelle shared. Wilson.com touts 30% less racquet vibration with same feel, 10% less fatigue and 40% more control … There's a good combination of muted power and a stiff, solid feel. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. ", Andy enjoyed this racquet on serve, saying, "I was serving very effectively throughout this playtest. It also wasn't all that maneuverable. ", Hannah - "The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail really suited my style of play. Sellers with highest buyer ratings; Returns, money back; ... 1 product rating - Wilson Blade 98 (16x19… Has some light wear on the frame and a decent amount of paint chipping, but a paint job should fix all the issues. There's not a whole lot of touch built into the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail, but I still could carve out some biting volleys or hit some nice droppers. ", With improved comfort and a solid feel, this Blade 98 is Michelle's favorite yet. ", "I really liked this racquet around the net," added Andy, who appreciated the stability, along with the amount of backspin he was able to generate on his volleys. Wilson Blade Team Tennis Racket 4.6 out of 5 stars 145. During points I could capitalize on my opponent's power, shorten up my swing and move the ball around the court on my terms. Originally launched in 2006 with the nCode version, the Blade 98 18x20 has evolved through many technological updates and composition tweaks. The one shot I absolutely loved hitting with this racquet was my backhand slice. Borrowing from the popular Clash series racquets, the new Blade features Carbon Mapping strategically throughout the hoop and FeelFlex technology to increase frame flexibility and stability for superior feel. I really had to focus on taking a compact swing or barely taking a swing at all for this racquet to work effectively enough for me when I was hitting a return. MP. This version comes equipped with Wilson's Countervail … Pre-Owned. The Wilson Blade is one of the bestselling racquet lines of all time. "The stability on my volleys was great," Hannah praised. At first, the weight in the throat area of the racquet was a little bit too much for me. Jason - "The Wilson Blade 98 16x19 v7 offers a better feel than previous version but is still arm friendly. Unfollow wilson blade 16x19 to stop getting updates on your eBay Feed. Details about Wilson Blade 98 Countervail 16x19 v6.0 (PRESTRUNG) See original listing. Ended: Aug 29, 2020. Michelle: Open level baseline player with a semi-western forehand and a two handed backhand. 98 results for wilson blade 16x19 Save wilson blade 16x19 to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. ", Hannah missed some of the power she was finding on her groundstrokes. New for Blade 98 16×19 v6.0 is Wilson’s “Countervail” integrated material technology. Chris - "I like the connected feel, control and spin.". I was surprised that my speeds were a good 10-15 MPHs slower than my serves with some other racquets we've tested recently. ", "Unlike my serves, I thought there was plenty of power on my returns," Jason said. The one downside of the racquet was the overly muted and dampened feel; it left me too disconnected from the ball as it left my strings. It wasn't debilitating to my serve, though, and I was still able to start points off strong. $219.00. I felt like the balls penetrated the court pretty well, but my PlaySight power numbers weren't earth shattering. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! "The racquet offered good control at net and felt swift in my hands. Anthony - "I enjoy the Blade 98 16x19 … "The excellent access to spin helped my shots drop within the lines. Of all the Blades I've hit with, this is my favorite. The Blade … Get the best deals for wilson blade 98 16x19 v7 at eBay.com. View cart for details. I couldn't find the sharpest angles with this racquet, but the combination of power and spin helped make up for that. I strung up the Wilson Blade 98 V7 16×19 (there is an 18×20 version as well, not sure it is needed since the 16×19 pattern is quite tight, … Was das Racket kann und wie es sich spielt, erfahrt ihr von unseren Testern Toto und Simon. You'll find more information on cookies at, Stay up to date on arrivals and special offers, Shop Early - Shipping Carrier Delays Expected, Click here to see all Tennis Warehouse reviews. However, the pop I was getting on my groundstrokes was missing on my serve. Once again, the muted and dampened feel bothered me a little when I wanted to hit a shot with a bit more finesse, but the other qualities of this racquet made up for this. Summary. ", Self-professed baseliner Jason felt confident moving forward with the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail. The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail had the right combination of power, control and spin for me to find my targets consistently with good pace and get the ball moving off the court. Der neue Wilson Blade 98 16x19 v7 ist da! There were times when I was craving just a little more weight to get a bit more power behind my volleys, but for the most part my volleys were pretty seamless. It cut through the slice very well, and contact felt clean and solid every time. I was able to hit with lots of spin on my shots, but pace was just average. One day I grabbed the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail, though, and everything came together for me off the baseline. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! She praised, "For whatever reason, I have never gotten along with the Blade line of racquets. Wilson's Blade 98 16x19 v7 Tennis Racquet represents a bold new direction for the Blade franchise. Wilson Blade 98 v6 Countervail 16x19 tennis racket. The open string pattern was the key to putting lots of spin on my serves. ... Tennis Racket For Hardball Wilson Blade 98 16x19 V6.0 (unstrung) 4 1/8. ", Jason was using his spin serves very effectively throughout the test to keep his opponents off-balance. He shared, "I felt pretty comfortable rallying from the baseline with this racquet. The mass in the hoop helped with stability and produced easy depth. Anthony - "I enjoy the Blade 98 16x19 … Get the best deals for wilson blade 98 at eBay.com. I loved hitting slices with the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail. PlaySight data confirmed what I had assumed: On average, my power level was lower than usual, but when I did connect on a shot the max power was higher than with my own racquet. I thought the responsiveness of the previous versions of the Blade was one of their strengths, but unfortunately, it's not with this one. Updating the iconic Blade line for its seventh iteration, Wilson re-engineered the Blade 98 18x20 v7 for 2019 to offer players ample plow through, control and precision. I couldn't maneuver the frame as swiftly as I needed to and seemed to catch most balls just a little bit late. The most popular frame in Wilson's Blade series, the Blade 98 (16x19) V7.0 now features FeelFlex to connect players with the ball unlike ever before. I would tee off and miss the easy returns. Top Rated Plus. ", Hannah liked the muted, solid response of the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail, but she found it to be a little tricky to maneuver. ", Jason - "The swingweight was higher than I'm used to. Visit Other Sports Warehouse Websites Tennis Warehouse Europe  •  Tennis Only (Australia)  •  Running Warehouse  •  Running Warehouse Europe  •  Running Warehouse Australia  •  Skate Warehouse  •  Tackle WarehouseInline Warehouse  •  Ice Warehouse  •  Derby Warehouse  •  Racquetball Warehouse  •  Riding Warehouse  •  Total Pickleball, We use cookies to make our website and your shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly. ", Jason - "The soft, cushioned feel. I struggled with power on serve. And for whatever reason, I preferred the 16x19 in this line over the 18x20, which was not the case previously. "The open string pattern gave me a good blend of power, control and spin, which I could use both offensively and defensively. In this sense I liked the 18x20 Countervail better. With its growing popularity, the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail makes a case for inclusion into the modern classic racquet hall of fame. When I was being more defensive with my return, however, I found the control I was missing when I was attacking. "However, it was easy to change up my serve with the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail depending on if I wanted to hit hard and flat, wide or a kicker. She currently plays with the Wilson Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph. If I could keep my volleys nice and short this racquet would reward me with its stiffness and stability. I thought it offered more power and stability than the previous version, and the added spin I could get from the open string pattern (compared to the 18x20 version) allowed me to control that power and produce some heavy groundstrokes. The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail felt a little less head heavy than the Blade 18x20 Countervail, with the weight centered near the throat rather than toward the end of the hoop. … The new Blade 98 (16x19) v7, Wilson has taken the Blade line back to its crisp, clean and precise feel. This is good if you're looking for comfort, but if you're looking for responsiveness it's not. Chris - "I like the connected feel, control and spin.". ", Andy - "The feel was a bit too muted and dampened for my liking. This week I got to hit the new Wilson Blade 98 16×19 V7 alongside the Clash 98 and really get a feel for the two different racquets. ", Unlike Jason, Michelle thought there was too much dampening. I play with the Clash Tour (check out my Clash 98 review) so the Clash 98 felt super familiar in my hands.I’ve hit a few different iterations of the Blade… For more recent exchange rates, please use the. If you found this review interesting or have further questions or comments please contact us. The new Wilson Blade 98 V7 16×19 is the real deal. ", Michelle - "For me, the Blade 98 16x19 Countervail played differently than the previous version. It allowed me to successfully drive through returns when I had a little bit of extra time. The mass of the hoop felt a little cumbersome at times over head, but it also helped produce heavy serves that got through the court nicely. This racquet has a more muted, dampened feel than previous versions, giving it more comfort while still providing the firm, solid response we've come to expect from the Blade racquet line. ", Michelle - "I loved drilling and hitting big shots off the ground with this racquet. It felt comfortable, fast and solid on both flat and kick serves. Likes. She explained, "This racquet felt pretty stable at the net. Wilson Blade 98 V7 Racquet Review – How does it play? Likes. She explained, "When I had a chance to take a big swing this racquet proved to be too erratic. The Blade 98 16x19 Countervail was stable even though it's lighter than my racquet of choice, and it held up to my defensive shots and performed well even when I was being pulled wide. "Except for a bit more maneuverability, this racquet had pretty much everything I look for in a racquet when returning," Andy said. In addition, slicing with this racquet was a treat. He said, "For me, it was all about the spin I could generate on my serves because the power wasn't there. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. ", Hannah - "I found myself overhitting at first with this racquet since it's very powerful from the baseline. Good stability and comfort as well. ", Michelle - "I couldn't key in to my high speed serves, and I felt I lost control when taking big swings on my return. Top Rated Plus. $119.99 - $128.70. I also thought it was fairly stable, even on off-center shots.