I haven’t played either but hopefully somebody else will have a view. Hi Diego and welcome to the website! Can someone advise me on the wiring. Your first stop should be guitarselectric.co.uk here in the United Kingdom. They’re amazing value and excellent pickups at any price. My first stop for Pacifica parts is always Guitars Electric in the UK. I’ll check them out, thanks. They have a 250k vol and 300k tone pot. What would be your advice? I can tell from the serial number (QKH0296R) that this one was the 296th one made, and was made in January 2004 (so, one of the earliest ones of this model, and definitely made in Korea, as I think they all were). Initially intended by Lasner and Knapp as a test project, Yamaha Japan chose to … I reckon it’s a new indie age so anything that looks a bit odd or retro has kudos…hence everyone has a Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Danelectro or National these days. If they don’t sell in enough numbers there won’t be much of a second hand market for Revstars but the new prices may suddenly crash. Hi, Sounds like you are after a one size fits many sort of pup. The Yamaha Pacifica 012 guitar known for its clean sound and excellent playability for guitarists of all levels. I'd put a Pacifica 112V up against any MIM Fender HSS Strat. plus shipping if any ones interested. Seems a bit ordinary? From what I can gather he was using his strat with the SSL1C in the bridge (similar to the current Seymour Duncan SSL5). Very middley tone, almost a slight cocked wah sound to it. Other tgan tgat I been fancying a ltd ec256. This guitar can do all that a Fender Stratocaster can do, says one user, and it is excellent for beginners who want to learn guitar. Yeah confusing irongear ironstone . Designed to be player focused, the Pacifica range offers sound, feel and versatility ready for any style or stage. That is insane . Not only did he hand reset the pole pieces in his pickups to match my polarity but he also checked the winding direction too and checked that it did its proper job via an amp (apparently there is no industry standard to polarity or windings, so just buying one on ebay from Chinatown is a lottery as to whether or not you will lose your reverse wound reverse polarity hum cancelling and just end up with a low output phasey thing). Thanks for that. I will probably sleep with the guitar next to me after this change. Hope this helps! His short stinging solos on The Final Cut are so melodic and real highlights on what can be a bit of a one-note album. Those Mustangs are fabulous amps, seriously under-rated. But 904s are even nicer but tend to be expensive and rare secondhand. Required fields are marked *. I did just notice the two point trem (interesting) and the plastic knobs (less interesting). The pickups and wiring kit seem to be of good quality, nice alpha pots nice five way switch and orange drop cap etc. Always wanted a P90 at the neck. Also anyone got a look at the new 612vII or tried it I have major GAS. Is it simply a case of not many where sold or are people just holding onto them..? I emailed axesrus and I’m waiting for a reply. I’m thinking a P90 might do much the same thing. That’s exactly what I was referring to. Have you ever seen a Pacifica 904 with the logo on the headstock “YAHAMA” insted of “YAMAHA”? £40 for a brand new guitar!!! NOTE: yamahapacifica.com IS PURELY A FAN SITE AND HAS NO COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. What does he gig I hear you ask a fender blacktop and old epiphone les paul. Nobody can accuse you of lacking persistence in the hunt for your sound! Mine was awesome out of the box but when set up wow made a good guitar great, Hi I love the guitar but it looks like something from the wrong end of the seventies, so some fairly drastic mods are in the pipeline, with a tremolo conversion and a 3rd pickup. In this video you can see it. And welcome to the site. Some designs, however just can’t be bettered, and the Yamaha can’t live with the playability, nut construction and iconic visuals of the Stratocaster. Yamaha Tele’s are quite possibly the biggest sleeper guitar ever made. Hi! .id say the 612 is the more versatile option. I suggest you get in touch with Yamaha’s technical people, they’re always very helpful. But you can always get in touch with your nearest Yamaha dealer and get one straight from the manufacturer, they’re usually very helpful. Well then i realized it was a 412V and (since it is old) i wanted to replace some of its original parts (it still sounds amazing). Scale length seems to be 24 3/4″ so Gibbo style. Great sound. Listing Sold. I have three 102s, all modded. Yamaha Pacifica, Tremolo Angst And Pickups Galore Entry ... We ended up with a 112J in Old Violin Sunburst and it has turned out to be just as described. Here attached a link with photos of my guitars: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/379lssz49ulfk60/AAAAGKCb4BQ86ikxnpkhp5_Va?dl=0.  In the corner of my room stood my Pacifica 112 and I soon realised that the body shape would be right, the new smaller scratchplate would be right too. My Pacifica has this misprint. It just dips down under the surface (and changes chemically) between the 2 areas. Essentially, though, it’s just a question of getting the right size, which I think is 5mm diameter, but check before you buy. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672823406103421&set=pcb.10152161384219727&type=1&theater, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=777587405627020&set=pcb.10152600650589727&type=1&theater, Hi Rob, thanks for visiting the site.