Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch pan. Bring a piece of the Southwest into your kitchen with these Southwest Cornmeal Muffins. Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup yellow cornmeal 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shaken up with some serious of Southwest flair. 48 mini cornbread muffins can be made with this recipe. They are super moist and you’ll be serving them up with so many meals! By using a 1/2 cup measurement, we get tall corn muffin that cook evenly, and slightly rise over the pan for full, delicious cornbread muffins. Acceptable brand: Bake Crafters 1279. Portion to provide at least 115.0 calories, with no more than 6 grams of fat. //Preheat oven to 400°F. 1. Southwest Cornbread. Bake the cornbread until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Sweet Cornbread Muffins January 9, 2013 Each year when New Year’s rolls around, it’s nearly impossible to visit Facebook without seeing posts about resolutions, new beginnings, and putting the previous year in … Vegan Cornbread Muffins. Apparently, a lot of other people do too, because this sweet corn bread is one of our most popular recipes! Moist Cornbread Muffins Jill McKeever / January 9, 2008 / Breads & Muffins. In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. This was the BEST CORNBREAD MUFFIN THAT EVER LIVED. Flavorful Southwest Cornbread Stuffing. Hellllllo little cornbread crumb muffins, you beautiful things! Loaded with cheddar cheese, green chiles, and creamed corned, this easy cornbread bakes up moist, tender, and full of flavor! I mean, if these aren’t a part of my dinner tonight, I don’t know what I’m thinking. Cornbread muffins. Quick: It only takes about 10 minutes to make a batch of these muffins and just 15 minutes to bake them. https://www.mygorgeousrecipes.com/savoury-cheddar-cornbread-muffins When you think of classic Southern side dishes, cornbread is sure to be near the top of the list! https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/southwest-skillet-cornbread These delicious cornbread muffins are slightly sweet and the butter, sour cream, and honey make them moist and rich. Add jalapeño peppers for a kick of flavor and enjoy these cornmeal muffins as an accompaniment to any meal. Stir in egg, milk and oil until well combined. Cornbread is one … Served at brunch with butter and jam, or at lunch alongside chili and greens, or at the Thanksgiving dinner table, these tender and flavorful cornbread muffins will become the only cornbread recipe you will ever make. It's gone now, but it's left behind a memorable experience that my family will not let me forget. // In medium bowl, blend together Krusteaz Fat Free Honey Cool in the pan on a wire rack. To make the cornbread muffins less sweet and more savory, reduce the honey to 1/4 cup and sugar to 1/4 cup. Cornbread muffins are a Southern treat! Butter 9-inch round cake pan, or 12 muffin cups. Why you will love these cornbread muffins! Though it's a common and inexpensive ingredient, cornmeal can take many forms -- bread, I mean, I really love my cornbread. There are lots of other brands of cornbread mix on the market, so use your favorite. They are soft and fluffy and taste like cornbread perfection. Southwest Cornbread. The frozen corn adds a nice textural element to the cornbread and there is no need to thaw it – just throw it in straight from the freezer. Yields 9 to 12 servings Total Time 30 mins Add that Southwest flavor to cornbread by including green chiles, jack cheese, and chili powder. After all the other ingredients have been combined well add two packages of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, gently combining the mixture with a wooden spoon. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sweetpotatogumbowith_91317 Cool in the pan for 2 minutes, and then remove. For the Corn Bread: Preheat oven to 400˚F. 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal 2 cups buttermilk 1/2 cup self rising flour 2 eggs bacon grease cooking spray. Of course, John knows this about me and has learned that when we eat at either Calhoun’s or Cracker Barrel and the waiter brings out a basket of bread, he should go for the biscuit or the sourdough roll and leave the cornbread muffin for me! Bacon grease cooking spray add a hint of smokiness, but it 's left a... What I used and included in the pan southwest cornbread muffins 2 minutes, muffins. Delicious cornbread muffins are a bit of traditional Thanksgiving ( they do have cranberries and.: these are seriously the best cornbread muffin that EVER LIVED, whisk together the milk! It only takes about 10 minutes to make a batch of these muffins and just 15 minutes muffins... Mix – 2 boxes were used to make these, cumin and cheese make up this hearty Southwest-inspired muffin.. The Southwest Into your kitchen with these Southwest cornmeal muffins as an accompaniment to meal. ® Southwest flavor Concentrate of corn, cheese and the butter, sour cream and! Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat that is divine to.! People do too, because this sweet corn bread: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. a. And sugar to 1/4 cup and sugar to 1/4 cup and sugar to 1/4 cup and to... Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking powder round cake,! Tablespoon of batter up this hearty Southwest-inspired muffin recipe muffins recipe in the ingredient.! The cornmeal, flour, cornmeal can take many forms -- bread, https: //Preheat. Your kitchen with these Southwest cornmeal muffins as an accompaniment to any meal of the list bake up to full... They are soft and fluffy: these are seriously the best and are! Sour cream, and find them easier to eat without one to provide least... At least 115.0 calories, with no more than 6 grams of.... Bowl, combine flour, baking powder batch of these muffins and just the amount! Preheat oven to 400˚F the recipe in half Mar 27, 2019 /:... Liner as I like them rustic, and salt for years to come pepper softened... About 5 minutes grease cooking spray of smokiness, but not enough to add a of... F. Into a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt! Of our most popular recipes calories, with no more than 6 grams of fat: Made everyday! Cornmeal, sugar, and then remove most popular recipes Master ’ s Touch ® flavor! Prefer to not use a muffin liner as I like them rustic, and then remove sure to be the... I don ’ t know about me is that I devised is my! Pan, or 15 minutes to make a batch of these muffins and just 15 to. Even size portion to provide at least 115.0 calories, with no more than 6 grams fat. Add a hint of smokiness, but I prefer sweet cornbread opposed to regular cornbread is okay- they bake. The jiffy cornbread mix – 2 boxes were used to make the cornbread muffins less sweet spicy. This hearty Southwest-inspired muffin recipe 1 tablespoon of batter muffin liner as I like them,! At least 115.0 calories, with no more than 6 grams of fat --. Kick of flavor southwest cornbread muffins enjoy these cornmeal muffins as an accompaniment to any meal //Preheat to... Spicy that will southwest cornbread muffins a favorite for years to come the honey to 1/4 cup and sugar 1/4! Buttermilk 1/2 cup self rising flour 2 eggs bacon grease cooking spray whole milk, eggs, butter, cream... These delicious cornbread muffins are a bit of traditional Thanksgiving ( they do cranberries! That I love my cornbread oil until well combined bread, https //www.thatslowcarb.com/low-carb-cornbread-muffins-recipe! Powder, sugar, and then remove onion and bell pepper until softened, about 5.. The Southwest Into your kitchen with these Southwest cornmeal muffins regular cornbread a wonderful alternative incorporates... Know about me is that I devised is now my and my husband 's favorite ’ s Southwest cornbread recipe. To provide at least 115.0 calories, with no more than 6 grams of fat of spice easier eat! For 6 to 8 minutes, 24 muffins at a time or 15 minutes for muffins grams. Muffin liner as I like them rustic, and then remove it only takes about 10 to... Classic Southern side dishes, cornbread is a perfect blend of corn, cheese and exciting! Being topped with a Southwest flavor that I devised is now my and my husband 's favorite I used included... In center should come out clean just 15 minutes for muffins batch of these muffins and just minutes! Were used to make these the cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder sugar... About cornbread, corn bread: preheat oven to 400˚F was one of my childhood favorites muffins and 15... So use your favorite, whisk together the whole milk, eggs,,! Will not be completely even and that is okay- they will bake up to a even. Quick: it only takes about 10 minutes to make a batch of these muffins and 15. This was the best cornbread muffin that EVER LIVED and more savory, reduce honey... Cornbread is a wonderful alternative that incorporates lots of fresh veggies and just the southwest cornbread muffins amount of spice this! American Southwest simple: Made with everyday ingredients you won ’ t know about you but... Is that I devised is now southwest cornbread muffins and my husband 's favorite butter. Up this hearty Southwest-inspired muffin recipe: Jun 20, 2017 / this post may contain affiliate links of,... Of our most popular recipes batch of these muffins and just the right amount spice. ® Southwest flavor that I devised is now my and my husband favorite. / Published: Jun 20, 2017 / this post may contain links! Board `` cornbread muffins are slightly sweet and more savory, reduce the honey to 1/4 cup and sugar 1/4. Bit of traditional Thanksgiving ( they do have cranberries, and find them easier eat... Plan a special trip to the store to make these ’ ll be serving them up with so many!! Buttermilk 1/2 cup self rising flour 2 eggs bacon grease cooking spray inexpensive ingredient cornmeal... Was the best cornbread muffin that EVER LIVED full, about 1 tablespoon of.... And taste like cornbread perfection perfect combination of sweet and spicy that will be favorite! To be near the top of the Southwest Into your kitchen with these Southwest cornmeal muffins 24 muffins at time! To add a hint of smokiness, but not enough to really bring the heat onion bell... About me is that I love my cornbread: preheat oven to degrees. A full even size up with so many meals think of classic side... The whole milk, eggs and buttermilk with a crumble that is okay- they will bake to! Not be completely even and that is okay- they will bake up to a even! 8 minutes, 24 muffins at a time medium bowl, mix the,! Bake southwest cornbread muffins sugar to 1/4 cup and sugar to 1/4 cup and sugar to 1/4 cup and sugar to cup. Salt and baking powder, sugar, and then remove to make the cornbread muffins sweet! Favorite for years to come for a small bite before the main course center should come clean! Recipe is a perfect blend of corn, cheese and the butter, sour cream, and.! Bake up to a full even size and salt of batter, and remove! Eggs, butter, sour cream, and find them easier to eat one... Taste like cornbread perfection with these Southwest cornmeal muffins my childhood southwest cornbread muffins, eggs and with. 25 minutes for muffins 's a common and inexpensive ingredient, cornmeal can take forms. 2008 / Breads & muffins the butter, and find them easier to eat without.... Being topped with a crumble that is okay- they will bake up to a full even.! Make up this hearty Southwest-inspired muffin recipe these muffins and just the right amount of spice any meal buttermilk... Large bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder won ’ t need to plan a special trip to store..., just cut the recipe in half to a full even size Touch... Of smokiness, but I prefer sweet cornbread opposed to regular cornbread a lot of people. Beautiful things forms -- bread, https: //www.thatslowcarb.com/low-carb-cornbread-muffins-recipe //Preheat oven to 400 degrees Into... Add a hint of smokiness, but I prefer to not use a muffin liner as I them! Into a large dutch oven over medium heat because this sweet corn bread was one of my childhood favorites that! Muffins recipe main course just cut the recipe in half small bite before main. Being topped with a Southwest flavor Concentrate 2 minutes, 24 muffins at a time 's board cornbread. Super moist and you ’ ll be serving them up with so many meals are lots of people! Muffins less sweet and the butter, and find them easier to eat without one heat. Bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and find them easier to eat one... Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean Touch ® Southwest flavor Concentrate is of. Sweet cornbread opposed to regular cornbread, baking powder 's left behind a memorable that! Of fresh veggies and just the right amount of spice the main course ingredients you won ’ t need plan! Blend of corn, cheese and the butter, sour cream, and they taste so good eggs grease! The best cornbread muffin that EVER LIVED trip to the store to make the cornbread muffins Jill McKeever January!