Serving size: 1 donut Whew, that makes me feel better! The description of “camping breakfast” is apt: “bacon blends with a pancake-like donut, topped with a maple syrup glaze”. Yes, please! Mix up all of your ingredients, except bacon, with a whisk. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Since fried donuts are cooked in oil, most calories come from fat. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a donut baking pan. Baked Pear, Bacon & Brown Butter Stuffing Sautéed sweet pears, salty bacon and soft brioche make for the perfect stuffing. Add heavy whipping cream to maple syrup and whisk until smooth. Then add in your flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), This is now a fall food feed, so get ready! | About 5 minutes to read this article. Pour the mixture into powdered sugar and whisk until completely incorporated. Spoon the donut mixture into a piping bag, or a large zip lock bag with a hole cut in the corner and pipe the batter into the pan filling 3/4 of the way full. To freeze donuts, do it before adding the glaze. Meanwhile, in a bowl that is sized for dipping the baked maple bacon donuts, whisk powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and touch of salt. They have a sweet maple glaze with salty bacon flavors, plus crumbled oreos for good measure. It’s bacon and maple glaze time! In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Fall flavored donuts are the best! All content and media on this site are property of Sarita Gelner and the Ritzy Mom brand, unless otherwise credited. Bake about 9 miutes, or just until the donuts spring back when tested with index finger. Add powdered sugar into a small mixing bowl. In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. You will be crumbling up a couple of the pieces then chopping up the rest to garnish the baked maple bacon donuts. Add ½ to 1 tsp water, ¼ tsp at a time, to create a glaze consistency. There has been a serious maple bacon donut craze with many bakeries making them, and you can see why! Enjoy! These baked maple bacon donuts are indeed smoky and sweet with bacon pieces throughout the donut and a maple glaze smothered in top then finished with more chopped bacon. Fill the donut pan molds half full. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). I am a bacon enthusiast! Choose your own adventure with these easy baked donuts that you can make three ways: Maple Bacon Donuts, Milk and Cereal Donuts, or Coffee and Chocolate Donuts! Set onto a cooling rack with parchment underneath to catch the icing drippings. (You can test the consistency by test-dipping your ugliest donut.) Set onto a … 1. I am part of “Bacon Nation”, I am a bacon freak. I think us bacon lovers need our own bacon support group. Unless you’re going to eat all of the donuts immediately, we’re going to just make enough glaze and bacon to coat one sheet pan of donuts. How to Store Maple Bacon Donuts . Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. I’ve always liked this combination. What crazy donut consumption comes after that is your yummy little secret! Meanwhile, to the bowl of a stand mixer, add remaining sugar, flour, salt, shortening, egg and vanilla. My passion is sharing delicious meals for everyone to try. Enjoy! Then add your wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. For more info, please see the site Disclaimer. Please do not use my images without prior permission. Place cooled, unglazed donuts in a freezer bag, let the air out, seal, and place in the freezer. Pumpki, There’s a new in town. See more ideas about Donut recipes, Desserts, Baked donuts. These baked maple bacon donuts are indeed smoky and sweet with bacon pieces throughout the donut and a maple glaze smothered in top then finished with more chopped bacon. Bake for 11-12 minutes and let donuts cool on the wire rack, just until it’s cooled enough to be handled. This step is optional! These baked maple donuts are topped with smoky bacon to make the best breakfast or brunch recipe! Note that you can substitute the maple extract for vanilla extract. https://www.tastecooking.com/boost-your-butter-cake-with-chai/. The best part in my opinion! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. See more ideas about Donut recipes, Desserts, Baked donuts. All they’re missing is all that oil, fat, and grease that comes with most donuts since they are baked instead of fried. Then I brushed each side with a mix of brown sugar, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. Fill the donut pan molds half full. After dipping each donut, sprinkle with chopped pecans and repeat 11 more times. These baked maple bacon donuts combine all that flavor into a handheld treat. Remove pan from oven and let cool in pan before removing Cool off with some healthy peac, It’s #nationalchocolatechipcookieday! From start to finish, it takes about 30 minutes to make but you do have to give it time to cool down. Fold in bacon pieces. Your email address will not be published. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat … Keep the container away from direct sunlight and heat. Squeeze batter into the donut cups of the pan in one smooth circular motion, filling each cup about 3/4 full. The trend goes something like this: Put some cereal or a few bacon bits on a donut and sell it for $8. Pour the mixture into powdered sugar and whisk until completely incorporated. I candied some thick-cut smoked bacon by cooking it on a wire rack in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes. With mixer running on low-medium speed, slowly add yeast mixture. If this is too stiff, stir in milk 1 teaspoon at a time. Grease 2 donut pans well. Follow me on Instagram and tag your Ritzy Baked Bacon Maple Donuts with #ritzymom for a chance to be featured on my stories or feed! (You can even dip the bottoms as well.). If sharing content from Ritzy Mom and Sarita Gelner’s YouTube Channel, please give her  credit. It’s so easy, so fast, and it’s actually healthier than fried ones. Allow to cool completely before storing. No matter how hard I try, I can never wait long to bite into a fresh donut. In a large measuring cup or medium-sized bowl, stir together powdered sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon. You can store these baked donuts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. Mention @willcookforsmiles and tag #willcookforsmiles. Remove the bacon and place on a paper towel to drain the grease. Make sure to save the bacon grease for the donut batter. Bake for approx 10-12 minutes. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Cool to room temperature. I’m a little late to the whole maple bacon party. Once the donuts are baked, place them on a cooling rack. Make sure there is an even amount of batter all around. Preheat the vegetable oil to 325°F in a cast iron skillet or other large pan. Storing in room temperature may leave you a messy donut, due to the fact that this maple coconut cashew glaze melts fairly quickly. The sweet maple icing is creamy, but sets quickly and the bacon is wonderfully salty. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. These are a fun and scrumptious treat for any day of the week! Fill each donut space in the pan about 3/4 full, making sure to clean off the middle "hole" space if … Because I didn’t feel that simply topping them with bacon would give enough of that bacon-y flavor, there are crunchy bacon … Directions: Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray. Then cut the tip and pipe into a lightly greased donut pan. Make sure to save the bacon grease after cooking bacon, it will used in the batter. However, this masterpiece, the maple bacon donut or what they love to call “The Elvis” is becoming very popular in North America. Required fields are marked *. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. | 1000 words. Whisk together the maple sugar, confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, and maple flavor. I think they are a great alternative to making waffles, which need to be made in multiple batches. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended. All images and text ©Lyubov Brooke for ©Will Cook For Smiles. Dip the tops of the still warm doughnuts in the glaze. Once oil is hot, add donuts … Apr 27, 2019 - Explore Lisa Thomas's board "Maple bacon donut" on Pinterest. Easy homemade baked donuts made with bacon and maple syrup inside.